PDA

View Full Version : Gamorrean Guards?


digl
02-09-2002, 11:15 AM
No mention of this guys in some preview or something? Iv missed a lot lately
Ill miss them and their pig screams

I just remembered Kell Dragons. No mention of them either?

[SWS]Strider
02-09-2002, 11:20 AM
No, not that I'm aware of.

Strider

CaptainRAVE
02-09-2002, 11:22 AM
No mention at all........actually the way it stands very few enemies have been mentioned.

The trandoshians havent been mentioned either yet :(

digl
02-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Lets start a gamorrean and kell and trandoshan petition!:rolleyes:

CaptainRAVE
02-09-2002, 11:33 AM
I think its a little late to add them now if they havent already :)

SlowbieOne
02-09-2002, 01:04 PM
Au contraiare'!:D

I'm looking back at the November PC Gamer article right now, and as I thought I remembered:

If a Gamorrean Guard is about to pull the alarm on you, you can do what I did and pull a Jedi-Mind Trick on him

Fear not digl, they certainly are in the game.:D

StarScrap
02-09-2002, 01:08 PM
I'm gonna be mad if they don't put at least one kell in the game, and make it fearsome enough to be hard even with all your handy-dandy force stuff. Maybe take away your equipment like in DF.....

Kurgan
02-10-2002, 07:05 AM
There's a lot of classic DF series characters that might not fit into the sp STORY, but that I would love to see appear in multiplayer....

Imagine, a Gammorean Guard Jedi/Sith? ; )

Mon Mothma is funny enough, but JK had style with the Rodian and Protocol Droids... gotta have some of that finesse in the new game too!

Jeedii_zaarinn
02-10-2002, 10:57 AM
I HATE THOSE PIGGY GUARDS THEY GET ON MY NERVES SO MUCH

Silent_One
02-10-2002, 11:00 AM
They certainly were stupid. They werer stupid in the movies too... and the book series. Just imagine how easy it will be to pull force mind trick on them;) :) :D

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Silent_One
They certainly were stupid. They werer stupid in the movies too... and the book series. Just imagine how easy it will be to pull force mind trick on them;) :) :D

Well they were never meant to be clever. Maybe that would be a reason for them not to be included. The AI is just too good for them :lol:

Moses
02-10-2002, 12:59 PM
Good catch Slowbie! I was going to say something about that article...but I didn't read it.:rolleyes:

dazilla
02-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Man, I hated the gammoreans! They were extremely hard to kill and when there were three or four of them it was terrible!

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Hard too kill??? They were easy......they were too slow to ever hit you.....even the fists could kill them eventually :D

Justus
02-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I liked the way they looked in Dark Forces much better than their appearance in Jedi Knight. They weren't that hard to defeat in either game, I usually just used my stormtrooper rifle on em. Althouth the lightsaber secondary attack seemed to take care of them pretty quick.

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Yea, they would have been better if they werent so strong. Of course in JK2 all youd have to do is take out their leg :D

Moses
02-10-2002, 02:27 PM
That's the plan for you after you beat it RAVE? Go through again cutting off all the enemy's legs?

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 02:33 PM
Yup :)....aim low, thats what I say ;p

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Silent_One
Just imagine how easy it will be to pull force mind trick on them;) :) :D

You cant, theyre so stupid that you can't confuse them, they already are confused lol

just hack and slash

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 03:05 PM
That ^ was a little harsh ;)

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 03:14 PM
it's the truth though :cool:

JPMaximilian
02-10-2002, 03:21 PM
If there aren't any Hutts in the game I doubt there will be any piggys. The only other place they are is Nar Shadda, and I don't hink its been mentioned.

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 03:22 PM
that HAS been mentioned in the Tosti interview, when they talk about day and night and it is said that Nar Shaddaa is a night mission


!!!!!!!!!!! Bring em on!

dazilla
02-10-2002, 03:26 PM
I didn't mean that they were hard to kill...I did kill two with my fists in the jailbreak level in MOTS, but still, it's annoying to have to fight for so long...the grans were gone after one punch! Gamorreans took like 12!

StarScrap
02-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by JPMaximilian
If there aren't any Hutts in the game I doubt there will be any piggys. The only other place they are is Nar Shadda, and I don't hink its been mentioned.

Nar Shadda not mentioned? It's been officially in for quite some time.

digl
02-10-2002, 06:28 PM
Good find Slowbie! :)

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE
Hard too kill??? They were easy......they were too slow to ever hit you.....even the fists could kill them eventually :D
I did that sometimes :D

I enoyed killing those pigs while they tried to reach me with their axe, your fire pushed them away and they never got close to you :D

Sturmgewehr
02-10-2002, 06:41 PM
I never understood why there were Gamorean Guards in Nar Shadda. Ok, slimy pigs with axes in Jabba's dungeons, ok, that makes perfect sense. But slimy pigs with axes in a vertical City? It seemed so out of place. Like if you had armored Knights running around in Medal of Honor. I just don't get it.

As for killing them, they are really slow, just run past them. They did do alot of damage if they hit you with that axe though. I hope there are some of those pigs around so I can test my third level Force Grip :vadar:

Silent_One
02-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Original quote by Sturmgewehr
I hope there are some of those pigs around so I can test my third level Force Grip :vadar:

LOL!!!:D ;)

Redwing
02-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Sturmgewehr
I never understood why there were Gamorean Guards in Nar Shadda. Ok, slimy pigs with axes in Jabba's dungeons, ok, that makes perfect sense. But slimy pigs with axes in a vertical City? It seemed so out of place. Like if you had armored Knights running around in Medal of Honor. I just don't get it.

As for killing them, they are really slow, just run past them. They did do alot of damage if they hit you with that axe though. I hope there are some of those pigs around so I can test my third level Force Grip :vadar:

It's because Nar Shadda is the moon of Nal Hutta, the homeworld of the Hutts. Though they didn't bother to mention it in the game...

BTW didn't you guys notice that quite a few screenshots (including all the disruptor ones) are from Nar Shadda?

Sturmgewehr
02-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks Redwing :)

JPMaximilian
02-11-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat
that HAS been mentioned in the Tosti interview, when they talk about day and night and it is said that Nar Shaddaa is a night mission


Yes, basically I'm completely wrong!

Heavyarms
02-11-2002, 10:22 AM
no! i HATED those piles of pig fat.

TUS_Tomcat
02-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Then why arent you happy? You can slice em n dice em !!!