PDA

View Full Version : Blue lightsabres

Flirbnic
02-09-2002, 02:49 PM
I noticed that almost all blue lightsabres I've seen have had a cyan tint, especially around the white part.
http://www.jedi-outcast.com/screens/55.jpg

But I don't think I've ever seen a lightsabre with a violet tint instead. Like the force lightning in that screenshot... and like Unreal Tournament's shock rifle. I'd like to see a lightsabre with that colour. If Raven includes lightsabres with that colour in JO, it will probably be my preferred lightsabre colour.

ZeroXcape
02-09-2002, 02:58 PM
We still really don't know how the color scheming methods are going to be, but from the rumors... it sounds QUITE easy to change colors. Hopefully, the colors to choose from won't be limited to a handful.

Obi
02-09-2002, 03:06 PM
<font color=cbcbff> What would be cool is if it had a sort of color tuner, so you could tune the red, green, and blue in the lightsaber or select colors from a big pallet or something. It doesn't look like they are using textures for the blade this time around, so I think that it's quite possible we'll get a selection method like that.

Dan12R
02-09-2002, 04:19 PM
What they need to do is like Need For Speed High Stakes with the paint jobs, there's no color you can't get with that.

JPMaximilian
02-09-2002, 04:23 PM
I'd want a silver-green blade, or one similiar to Corran Horn's Saber.

StarScrap
02-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Yes, Corran Horn. My second favorite SW character. Right behind Kyle. Well....actually they're kind of tied for first. :D

Graphicsgod
02-09-2002, 05:08 PM
What they should (and probably will) do is have the sabre textures black and white, and use a scroll bar to choose your color in the options menu. Like the rail gun in Q3. Very easy to program in (since it's already there) and to implement.

Silent_One
02-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Original message byDan12R What they need to do is like Need For Speed High Stakes with the paint jobs, there's no color you can't get with that.
I agree. That would be a really cool way to chose your saber color.

matt--
02-09-2002, 05:17 PM
I want to have a fully customizable lightsaber color.

Hex code preferably, and maybe a tuner for the newbies :p

Moses
02-09-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm not familiar with that? How did that work?

Yodimus Prime
02-09-2002, 07:32 PM
Hex code? I don't know about you, but i don't feel like typing in numbers all the time. If i want a specific color, i want to be able to see it immediately and not only after i've finished typing in 5 (or is it six? whatever) digits.

I'm all for a pallet.

Emon
02-09-2002, 07:41 PM
1. You can change the lightsaber color with a console command, probably something like \saber_green, \saber_blue, etc.

2. What would also be nice is if you could adjust the RGB values, so all you would do is type \saber_255/0/255 to get purple, or \saber_100/200/200 to get more of a yellow color (?) I can't remember what that code would get you...anyway, you get the point.

Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-09-2002, 07:49 PM
A slider would be the easist most efficient way to do it. No Hex code, no RGB value about it. The slider would be the quickest way to get your color selected and in-game.

Jeedii_zaarinn
02-09-2002, 08:44 PM
my color lightsaber would be an electric blue and when it igites bolts of lightning comes out and when the blade is out lightning would swirl around it

Redwing
02-09-2002, 09:42 PM
Except that this is the Star Wars universe :p ;)

Wacky_Baccy
02-09-2002, 10:36 PM
Lol, Redwing :D

...but he could always use Force Lightning and direct it at the sabre blade...

;)

Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-09-2002, 11:17 PM
I prefer purple myself, since Ki-Adi-Mundi had one in the comics. Except for when I'm using my Dash Rendar skin with a bright green saber. And there will be a Dash Rendar skin... or else someone will catch the business end of a powerful stream of Force Lightning over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. You'll wish that you couldn't respawn. :evil3:

Btw, Ki-Adi-Mundi has a binary brain which gives him a unique insight on both the Light and Dark side of the Force.

Silent_One
02-09-2002, 11:23 PM
Really? How did you find that out Ki-Adi-Mundi? Comic books?

Zx2
02-09-2002, 11:28 PM
I personally hope that all the ideas are implemented ;)
sliders, hex, rgb values :) thatd all be sweet, u could tweak 2 perfection ur saber color

what i hope 2 see early on is a way of gettin ur saber to smoothly move between colors while u use it

maybe sensors that detect ur mood and change ur saber color accordingly (i.e. red when angry, blue when sad, yello when.... um... ya..) ;)

Cmdr. Antilles
02-10-2002, 12:20 AM
A 'mood saber?'

LOL :D

Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-10-2002, 01:02 AM
lmao, don't go too far with that now Z...

Originally posted by Silent_One:
Really? How did you find that out Ki-Adi-Mundi? Comic books?AND I QUOTE... myself... on the post above yours that you responded too...

Originally posted by myself:
I prefer purple myself, since Ki-Adi-Mundi had one in the comics.Does that answer your question Oh Silent One?

Silent_One
02-10-2002, 01:17 AM
I guess so. Comic books eh? Which ones?

Sturmgewehr
02-10-2002, 02:29 AM
binary brain?

I love the idea of sliders for RGB, and maybe also having a place to put numerical values for each as well, as a short cut. Editing the lightsaber color will probably be pretty easy, but who knows?

It'd be nice to see everyone with a slightly different color saber.

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 02:44 AM
i'd like a force sabers option in the menu

ie

If there are ten preset colors

like red blue yellow green etc...

and you cna make own color also if you wantwith a slider or RGB color... and someone does a pink saber!!!

id be like, argh! this is stupid! so if i had "Force Sabers" on, all custom colors would switch to the closest default

!@?

lol for the purists who dont want pink sabers etc.

Redwing
02-10-2002, 03:00 AM
Screw the purists, I want a yellowy-pink saber!!

;)

Wacky_Baccy
02-10-2002, 03:20 AM
Oh yeah? Well I want a black sabre with fluorescent green polka dots on it!
...Seriously! I think that would be unbelievably cool!

Beat that for outlandishness!

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat
i'd like a force sabers option in the menu

ie

If there are ten preset colors

like red blue yellow green etc...

and you cna make own color also if you wantwith a slider or RGB color... and someone does a pink saber!!!

id be like, argh! this is stupid! so if i had "Force Sabers" on, all custom colors would switch to the closest default

I think that would be a good idea so you could totally customise the colour and wouldnt have to stick with set colours :)

Kurgan
02-10-2002, 07:17 AM
With RGB sliders, at least in theory you could have a black or white saber (at the extremes).... ; )

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 07:26 AM
Which is why there wont be sliders.

Graphicsgod
02-10-2002, 07:34 AM
I hate to rain on everyones parade, but use some common sense about it.

Raven wants it to be as easy to use as it is to program for. So they will opt for something already done and built into the engine, which is the slider option. It was there in Q3, it will be there in JO for the Sabres. Nobody wants to input hex numbers or RGB values, when all they want to do is make a few clicks and jump into the game. Plain and simple.

Sorry, but somebody had to tell you ;).

chilli
02-10-2002, 07:40 AM
I think it would be kind of cool if you could choose your lightsaber color at the academy and it would stay that color for the whole game. But it's not going to happen.

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 07:46 AM
I remember a thread on that at the very beginning......we were hinting to Raven, but they didnt pay any attention to us :(