PDA

View Full Version : StormHammer?

JPMaximilian
02-09-2002, 07:40 PM
Where is StormHammer, the Newbies haven't been getting their Chocolate Medallions. Is he okay?

Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-09-2002, 07:42 PM
He's... around. And don't you know that he now supplies JkII.Net with them so that they automatically get one signed by him? :D

JPMaximilian
02-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I ate my Chocolate Medallion, could I get another?

Wacky_Baccy
02-09-2002, 07:55 PM
I was beginning to wonder if anyone else had noticed his lack of posting recently... I'm glad you have :)

I emailed him a couple of days ago, but no reply - I expect he's on holiday, or just doesn't want to talk to me... probably both :D

JPMaximilian
02-09-2002, 08:02 PM
If he's on vacation I bet he wishes he'd stuck around to see the Trailer.

Wacky_Baccy
02-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Heh, I'd meant to add that this should have been put in the Swamp, but I got sidetracked and forgot...

Looks like I was right :)

I don't think he's on holiday, because I saw his name on the 'Who's Online' page a couple of days ago... Anyone else know where he's gone? I'm starting to miss him... :(

JPMaximilian
02-09-2002, 08:20 PM
Yes it probly should have been started in the swamp, but StormHammer is a part of JO and I figured it would get slightly more coverage in the Valley.

Krayt Tion
02-09-2002, 10:11 PM
It might be nothing, but I hope he is alright as well.

OnlyOneCanoli
02-09-2002, 11:58 PM
Whenever he isn't around for a little I begin to think about his asthma thread and how he had a severe attack and such. I hope he's ok. He hasn't posted in a week.

Of course it could be this thing I heard about, it's called Real Life. Hopefully he is having a good time in this Real Life.

GonkH8er
02-10-2002, 12:20 AM
I got this from Stormy on the 6th.

Hi Ian

StormHammer here...Just to let you know...the reason why I haven't been hitting the forums for the past few days is because my PC decided to roll over dead. I'm currently beating it with a stick to see if I can revive it while I await an Engineer from my supplier to be despatched. With any luck I'll be storming back into the fray in the next couple of days. ;)

As you can see...I'm sneaking this message out through Work... :D

Don't work too hard. :)

Rob
(Stormy)

I probably should have told yas :)

Wacky_Baccy
02-10-2002, 12:31 AM
Thanks for letting us know - I'll stop worrying now :)

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 02:50 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh

I only recently signed up (long time watcher) and was wondering why i didnt get anything when i finally signed up lol

:)

Boba Rhett
02-10-2002, 02:57 AM
*hands TUS_Tomcat an official Lucasforums welcome basket*

There ya go. ;)

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Well thats Gonks excuse anyway ;).........I think their working on our gift that is comming to us this week :D

Agen
02-10-2002, 07:26 AM
Just liek my comp but it's better now..... i have a chainsaw ready jsut incase

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 07:36 AM
Lookin forward to the gift Agen_Terminator??

Agen
02-10-2002, 07:47 AM
If it's an oversized spoon - yes. or if it's something to do with jk2. speaking of spoons. i have a picture of the REAL Spoon it's resized and i'll blue out the background. it's got my bus pass with my pic on it.

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
it's got my bus pass with my pic on it.

Whys it got that?? :confused:

Toa Tahu
02-10-2002, 08:23 AM
Speaking of chocolate meddailons,JPMaximilian,you could take my meddalion because,frankly speaking,I'm the only newbie who hasn't got any meddalion from anyone.

Agen
02-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Have a newbie spoon replica gift

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Well it'll be your job to give them out Agen_Terminator :D

digl
02-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Iv also missed stormy, good to know that he is okay
You know If he has seen the trailer GonkH8er?

JPMaximilian
02-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Well, StormHammer is still at large, I wonder why its taking so long for him to return?

Agen
02-11-2002, 04:10 PM
I take full responsibility of handingo ut gifts.

digl
02-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Ill be watching you
No thermal detonators or razorblades in the gifts termy! :D

Agen
02-11-2002, 04:29 PM
I promise :rolleyes:

:D

StormHammer
02-13-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm Baaaaaacccckkkk!! :D

Hey, thanks for all the concern, people. It's really, really appreciated. ;)

To make a long story short...it took a lot longer than expected (and a much larger stick) to get my PC up and running again. To complicate matters, I managed to catch a bug off my son (he's a sharing lad), so I couldn't get into work and 'borrow' a PC to maintain contact. :(

When the engineer eventually replaced my motherboard...it didn't have ISA slots. My modem needed one. :swear:

So it's taken until now to get a different (external USB) modem (from a friend) in order to get back online.

I put it down to Sod's Law...my PC goes down and suddenly there are screenshots and trailers everywhere...

Oh well...never mind. ;)

Oh, and before I forget...Welcome to the forums TUS_Tomcat. I hope you enjoy your stay...here...

*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

And Toa Tahu...if I missed you out, accept my apologies. Here...

*hands over two gold-wrapped chocolate Jedi Medallions* ;)

OnlyOneCanoli
02-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Ugh, that sucks. But it's good to know you're back and safe.

Vagabond
02-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Welcome back StormHammer...this place hasn't been as chocolately without you ;) But the return of your presence is a welcome event. Pull up a bar stool and order your favorite beverage - what's that? Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster<sup>TM</sup>? Now that will put hair on your chest :cool:

StormHammer
02-13-2002, 04:26 PM
*pulls up bar stool*

That's mighy nice of you, Vagabond. :)

Make mine a double. :D

Canoli...heh. It wasn't so bad, I guess. After all, they did replace my MoBo with one that takes both SDRAM and DDR RAM...and will apparently take an Athlon XP processor. That makes my upgrade path a whole lot easier...and alleviates the need to get a new MoBo in the next six months as I had intended. :)

JPMaximilian
02-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Great to have you back Stormy!

StormHammer
02-13-2002, 04:47 PM
Great to be back, JP. ;)

Thanks again. :cool:

digl
02-13-2002, 04:50 PM
welcome back StormHammer
hey you should take a look at the valley, there are dozens of :newbie:S waiting for their chocolates :D

Krayt Tion
02-13-2002, 05:29 PM
When the engineer eventually replaced my motherboard...it didn't have ISA slots. My modem needed one.

Dinosaur Modem! Wouldn't it be cheaper to replace the modem instead of mobo? Unless you have other ISA devices you need.

:yoda:

StormHammer
02-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Dinosaur modem! LOL, Krayt. :D

That's exactly what I thought when I bought this machine 20 months ago. ;) I think that originally, on the MSI MoBo I had first, they put an ISA modem in to resolve a resource conflict. Although they could have just skimped on the modem the tight-fisted...hrm...

Anyway, the first time I had (long-term) PC woes, I had them change the MoBo and processor (to a Socket A Chaintech 7AJA and Athlon T-Bird 850 from a Slot A MSI 6195 with Athlon 800). I only got that because I wasn't happy with the ORB drive I originally had with the machine, so to offset the cost I had the upgrade. My system was a lot more stable after that. Anyway, the Chaintech had an ISA slot, so the modem was not replaced at the time.

Now...this time around...the Chaintech motherboard itself seems to have just died. The PC started up, the LEDs flashed (there was power there), but it didn't even attempt the POST. I knew it had to be either Mobo or processor. The problem is...my PC supplier no longer stocks the Chaintech 7AJA motherboard. They sent the engineer out with an ASUS MoBo...which doesn't have ISA slots. Hence the need for a modem replacement. On the one hand, it was a pain not being able to access the net for a while...but on the other, I've now got a more current MoBo for no cost. :) I also have an external 56k modem that seems to be working at the moment.

I'm not complaining. :D

Krayt Tion
02-13-2002, 07:06 PM
No good computer nerd deservers those kinds of hardware woes.

My biggest computer-related problem right now (aside from my desperate need to repartition reformat and reinstall win98se) is my monitor... 22" inches and over a thousand dollars of love... currently significantly dimmed and is not able to display in inch in from either side of the screen. Lesson to be learned: any time you pay that much for something don't skimp on the extended warranty.

StormHammer
02-14-2002, 03:26 PM
That sounds pretty serious, Krayt. You're right about making sure you have an adequate warranty. I had a 3-year warranty right from the start on everything...but really I should have extended that for my monitor, if nothing else, seeing as I intend to upgrade other components. I'm not looking to replace my monitor for quite a while, though, because I'm happy with it. ;)

TUS_Tomcat
02-14-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Oh, and before I forget...Welcome to the forums TUS_Tomcat. I hope you enjoy your stay...here...

I found it I found it!!!!

thank you :)

And i will (am!) enjoy(ing) my stay