PDA

View Full Version : Can someone make me an avatar?


Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 12:45 AM
Is there anyone who is good at making avatars, because if there is I would like to put in a request of its not too much trouble. If you could make Thrawn's head kind of 3D looking with his eye's glowing that would be awesome. :thrawn: (Please don't make it weird cartoony) If any one has any info about this just pm me. Thanks! :D

Kvan
08-15-2001, 12:47 AM
The one you have kicks ass! Why change?
BTW The only person that I know of is Young David, but he gets kind of cranky when you ask him to make you something ;)

Gamma732
08-15-2001, 12:56 AM
The one your using looks great as it is......heheh I'm a big fan of the TIE Fighter game ;)

Boba Fat
08-15-2001, 03:44 AM
How about this:thrawn: hehe just kidding :D I could try but Im not making any promises but it's a big ask!

Boba Fat :fett:

Young David
08-15-2001, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Kvan
The one you have kicks ass! Why change?
BTW The only person that I know of is Young David, but he gets kind of cranky when you ask him to make you something ;)

I'm not getting cranky ... I AM NOT GETTING CRANKY !!!!!!

;)

But like Kvan would say. I am currently too busy for that. By the way, I don't make 3d things, only 2d

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Kvan
The one you have kicks ass! Why change?
BTW The only person that I know of is Young David, but he gets kind of cranky when you ask him to make you something ;)
The reason I have to change is as follows. I was first surfing around the site a few days ago, and I saw some neat avatars. Thinking I would not be returning to this site anyway I figured it'd be ok to copy them. I was going to use them for AIM, but it didn't work. Then when I joined the forum, I needed a neat avatar. I looked all around and couldn't find a single site with one that would fit (too much or too big :(). So I was going to not have one, but then I remembered the ones I had downloaded! I checked it out and the one that I couldn't find anyone using on the site was the TIE pilot. So I used him. However, someone named "evader99" pmed me saying that that avatar was his and he had it custom made. I pmed him back asking if he'd like me to stop using it and he hasn't responded. :( What should I do? I don't want to be in trouble! :ball:

BTW YD a 2D avatar would be just fine, if you've got any extra time. ;)

Kvan
08-15-2001, 10:59 AM
I thought your avatar was taken from a SW video game...
If thats the case I say use it! He didn't make it, he took it from a game!

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 11:11 AM
I did it!!!! I did the impossible!!! I converted a gif that was 99x99 pixels to 70x70 pixels and the result is my new avatar!!!!:D

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 11:11 AM
Really? :) Are you sure? What game?

Kvan
08-15-2001, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie
I did it!!!! I did the impossible!!! I converted a gif that was 99x99 pixels to 70x70 pixels and the result is my new avatar!!!!:D
What program did you use?

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 11:23 AM
Jasc Software--Animation shop 3. You can download the demo at their site, but you can only use it for 30 days. Ask YD where the site is I have forgotten since he posted it so long ago.

Young David
08-15-2001, 11:31 AM
Befere my pm box is flooded with questions again ...

The site is www.jasc.com ... gee, I could work for those guys by comercing their products ...

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 11:51 AM
Wow! How long did it take you to do that? Is it very tough? I'm going to try and convert the TIE avdanced that there is!

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 11:57 AM
It took me about 30 minutes. Because I had to convert all the 99x99 frams(35 of them) down to 70x70 then put them in the animation shop.:D

Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:10 PM
Hey guys i use a linux box and have a program called gimp.

I sized my pix down in under 5 minutes.

LINUX'S RULES!!!!

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 5
Hey guys i use a linux box and have a program called gimp.

I sized my pix down in under 5 minutes.

LINUX'S RULES!!!!

You don't exactly have all that many animations in yours thats why mine took long (plus I had to fingure out what I was doing:D )
I've heard of Linux before. I didn't think they had a demo version.

Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:27 PM
darth linux is an orperation system.

and you are right their is now demo version for one good reason....



IT IS FREE!!!!! All you have to do is go to http://www.redhat.com/apps/download/ and click on ftp.redhat.com. and download the latest version (7.1)


Be warned there are 2 files you will need (seawolf-i386-disc1.iso, seawolf-i386-disc2.iso) and they are very big, and will take a very long time if you are doing it over a modem.

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:48 PM
What does Linux do???
Animation shop of sorts???
I have only heard references to this program. (I have Cable)

Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 12:51 PM
Darth you know what windows is right???

Linux is the samething, it runs the computer. The program i used is call gimp

If you live in a windows world bill gates will do is best that you never hear about it.

For more information go to www.redhat.com

Young David
08-15-2001, 12:54 PM
Linux is an operating system (like windows)... not just a program, and it's free ...

Don't exept Linux to be as user-friendly as Windows and Mac-OS. The main upsides of Linux are that it's free and stable.

I myself didn't like Linux very much. It goes against anything I every got used to in Windows and DOS.

Oh, and by the way ... if you download Linux ... you probably have to burn it on a CD before you can install it. Cause most Linux distrubutions install from a bootable CD-ROM.

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Young David
Linux is an operating system (like windows)... not just a program, and it's free ...

Don't exept Linux to be as user-friendly as Windows and Mac-OS. The main upsides of Linux are that it's free and stable.

I myself didn't like Linux very much. It goes against anything I every got used to in Windows and DOS.

Oh, and by the way ... if you download Linux ... you probably have to burn it on a CD before you can install it. Cause most Linux distrubutions install from a bootable CD-ROM.

I saw what it does... to much if you ask me. Plus I have to consider everyone else in my family. A new program is fine a new operation system is a bit much. I might get it someday in the future but not now.

Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 01:21 PM
I would say that if you are useing a computer just for the games, or you arenew to computers don't use linux!!!

Linux is built mainly for IT people and programs.

My computer is dual boot, so i have both windows and linux installed.

Kvan
08-15-2001, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 5
I would say that if you are useing a computer just for the games, or you arenew to computers don't use linux!!!

Linux is built mainly for IT people and programs.

My computer is dual boot, so i have both windows and linux installed.
What are you running?

Wraith 5
08-15-2001, 01:53 PM
Well right now i am at work and i am useing linux.

But my laptop is right behind me with windows running.

When i get home there is a 50/50 changes that i will be useing windows or linux

Evaders99
08-15-2001, 07:36 PM
sorry Thrawn, had a really bad day when I sent that PM

you can use this avatar, if you want. I had a friend who took it from Force Commander, took him a lot of time and some game "credits"

did know that the avatar list was like that, but oh well. I guess its public now anyway.

Darth_Rommel
08-15-2001, 07:38 PM
What pm evaders? :confused:

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 08:33 PM
He's talking about the rather un-polite pm he sent me because I un-knowingly used his favorite icon.

Kvan
08-15-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by thrawn12786
He's talking about the rather un-polite pm he sent me because I un-knowingly used his favorite icon.
Oh, so this is the guy *glares at evaders99*

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 08:42 PM
:mad: Uh-huh! That's the man sir! *Points at evaders 99* Put him away for keeps! ;)

Kvan
08-15-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by thrawn12786
:mad: Uh-huh! That's the man sir! *Points at evaders 99* Put him away for keeps! ;)
ooo...but he is webmaster of swrebellion.net....I kinda like that place :D

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 10:34 PM
WHAT?!?!?! You can't take his side!!! He's the ENEMY!!! :mad: ATTACK!!!

heh. . .sorry about that, I really didn't get alot of sleep last night. :o

Young David
08-16-2001, 02:44 AM
oh no ... never attack a webmaster of swrebellion.net ... they could put awfull facts about you on their site ya know (well ... they could do that .. didn't say they will tough ...)