PDA

View Full Version : 2 Fast for j00?

Silent Wolf
02-10-2002, 12:57 PM
Ive seen a few comments implying that everything moved by a bit to fast. Do you personally feel the pace of the game looks just fine or a bit 2 fast? It didndt look much faster than jk imho. Bring it on babeh...what do yall think? (yall..good grief ive lived in texas to long :P)

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 01:31 PM
I think the action will be fast paced, alot more than JK, which Im pleased about........faster the better I say......JK was too slow anyway.

SlowbieOne
02-10-2002, 02:53 PM
It looked absolutely normal to me, but it looked like it had the potential to be very fast, depending on the player's skill.

TrUeFoRcE
02-10-2002, 03:00 PM
i like the high speed, things like bullet time etc... give u more time to react but u find it being rather routine.....with this speed u always gotta be on ur feet and ready for anything

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 03:08 PM
But in Max Payne you needed the slow down to carry out all the moves :)..otherwise dodge moves in bullet time would have given you no time to do anything :rolleyes:

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 04:02 PM
the part where he hacked up one saber wielder (you know who's saber falls to the ground) then turned and blocked a second saber looked sweet fast movie like to me

bring it on saber fights!

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Why does the fallen lightsaber remain on though??

JPMaximilian
02-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Some sabers can be locked on, or its a glitch.

CaptainRAVE
02-10-2002, 04:15 PM
Or the shot wasnt long enough!!

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 04:18 PM
it turns off !!

look in slow mo with arrow keys <- -> you will see the blade shorten and then its ALMOST off when the scene changes

dazilla
02-10-2002, 04:20 PM
The game seemed not much more fast paced, but definitely more cinematic. I think the fast-paced action was an illusion from the terribly short shots and quick cuts. So no, I don't think it'll be as quick as it looked on the preview, although it may be a bit more on the edge of your seat than JK.

TUS_Tomcat
02-10-2002, 04:24 PM
which is not a problem :D

Kurgan
02-10-2002, 04:28 PM
I think the fast speed of JK and MotS were quite intimidating at first, but as I became more proficient in the game, it became something I could hardly bare to be without (other FPS's felt slow by comparison). Using the force to increase the speed of the game was really fun and unique I thought.

I'm hoping we can at least get close to that kind of speed of gameplay in JK2's master jedi/sith battles...

Silent_One
02-10-2002, 05:12 PM
Eeessshhh! JK gameplay speed for me was a little mixed... It was fairly fast when in normal gamplay, but seemed to slow down whenever I fought a Dark Jedi ( or two, in the case of Gork and Pic). They're fighting AI was so incompitant and easy. Even on hard mode they were so easy they were boring!!!:mad::mad: :mad:

JaG|Kaiser
02-10-2002, 05:14 PM
It didn't seem any faster than JK to me.

StarScrap
02-10-2002, 05:35 PM
It seems much slower if you watch it frame by frame. :D

But seriously, it looked a bit faster than JK, especially the saber battles, but remember that the trailer didn't show any of the "sneaky" parts.

Silent_One
02-10-2002, 05:40 PM
Good point.

Redwing
02-11-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Silent_One
Eeessshhh! JK gameplay speed for me was a little mixed... It was fairly fast when in normal gamplay, but seemed to slow down whenever I fought a Dark Jedi ( or two, in the case of Gork and Pic). They're fighting AI was so incompitant and easy. Even on hard mode they were so easy they were boring!!!:mad::mad: :mad:

Yes I know...it annoyed me because I defeated them very easily, figured I'd own everyone in multiplayer, and then got my @$$ kicked very hard :D :D :o

Bartolo_JCS
02-11-2002, 01:32 AM
didn't look any faster than UT or JK, I think we're all used to games like CS hehe :max: