PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see a demo?

ps2maddenman
02-11-2002, 08:14 AM
Or do you think a demo is not a good idea?

TUS_Tomcat
02-11-2002, 08:31 AM
are you insane? demo demo demo!!!!!!!!!!! :D

chilli
02-11-2002, 09:03 AM
DEMO :elephant: DEMO :elephant: DEMO :elephant: DEMO

nykel007
02-11-2002, 09:45 AM
Demo have I must.....have demo must I...........must demo I have........ :confused:

ps2maddenman
02-11-2002, 09:48 AM
I agree with you guys, hopefully the demo will come out before the retail version (some games release the demo after the fact :( )

JPMaximilian
02-11-2002, 10:16 AM
I'd be tempted to play the demo IF it comes out, but then it would take away from the full game slightly. I might opt to not play the demo IF one came out so that I would be more shocked/surprised during the full game. I wouldn't want to stop playing the demo once it started, and there would probly be a cliffhanger or something that would drive me insane.

SkiggeBoy
02-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Of course we need that demo.
Dammit...all I anymore do is sit by my computer checking if the demo is allready out :p

...we need also cool flash screensavers

PS.Chilli...You just love those pink elephants, dont you ;)

JPMaximilian
02-11-2002, 10:25 AM
I knew I was going to be in the minority, or all alone. Its not like I'm going to say that "there can't be a demo". If one comes out I can just opt not to play it.

SkiggeBoy
02-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Hey JPMaximillian, do you have Aliens vs. Predator 2?
It would be nice to play against you :D

txa1265
02-11-2002, 03:22 PM
... apparantly my age has brought me patience ;) (I'm all of 35) ... but while I would like a demo, I know (ok, am fairly certain) I'll be getting it for my birthday in early April. Until then, I just picked up MoH:AA, and still need to finish replaying JK and MotS yet again ... and have borrowed a GBA with Jedi Power Battles ... all this plus work and two preschoolers ... I'll stay busy :)

JPMaximilian
02-11-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by SkiggeBoy
Hey JPMaximillian, do you have Aliens vs. Predator 2?
It would be nice to play against you :D

Is THAT a threat?

Agen
02-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Wanna bite out of your head with my extra long black teeth?
Me and Capt. Rave vs u 2? (if i have time)

JPMaximilian
02-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Well I don't have Alien's vs Predators, but I'd take anyone on at Half-Life if I had a faster Net connection. Half-Life is really where I got my FPS skills.

Silent_One
02-11-2002, 05:03 PM
NEED DEMO NOW!!! NEED DEMO NOW!!! :D :cool: :D

digl
02-11-2002, 05:07 PM
I want a demo, because I will get the game one or two weeks late, because of the shipping, and I need something to play while I wait !

Moses
02-11-2002, 05:10 PM
I'm with ya Max! If a demo came out, I would want to play it, but I wouldn't. I don't think I want to ruin it, because playing a level or two would be worse than not playing it at all. I'm going to have to wait for the real thing.

TUS_Tomcat
02-11-2002, 05:35 PM
So what if its a multiplayer only demo and or a level that wont be in the final game?

I'll be sure to let you know then cause i'll be playing it :)

Bio Warrior
02-11-2002, 05:37 PM
i think we need a demo now

MercenaryI{aos
02-11-2002, 05:43 PM
I voted for Demo now, but I REALLY hope that it is a level specifically created for the demo that completes itself with no cliffhangers and won't be in the final version and will include a multiplayer part with two maps and/or two play modes such as dm, ctf etc.

(:sweat: whew! that was the longest single sentence I ever posted! :D . Well it wasn't that tiring:rolleyes: )

Qel
02-11-2002, 05:50 PM
I would prefer if LEC released a multiplayer demo...

Releasing a singleplayer demo will just spoil the storyline...since
this is a story intensive game.

The Mp demo will keep us busy for a month or so till the game is released.;)

Qel

Oreckel
02-11-2002, 05:55 PM
don't ever but a game without playing a demo incase there's something I overlooked - perhaps

it runs at 4 FPS or something...

JPMaximilian
02-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Moses
I'm with ya Max! If a demo came out, I would want to play it, but I wouldn't. I don't think I want to ruin it, because playing a level or two would be worse than not playing it at all. I'm going to have to wait for the real thing.

Yeah, smart man. Like somebody said though, if it were a multiplaying map I might play it, since it wouldn't spoil the plot.

Belgirion
02-11-2002, 06:20 PM
on one hand it would be nice to try JO before it releases, but on the other hand, It would spoil the fun a bit for me. So I'm still undecided :manny:

Dan12R
02-11-2002, 07:01 PM
The demo of Indiana Jones the the Infernal Machine didn't give anything away about the storyline except that at one point, you'd be in a volcano, and another, you'd get to drive a jeep (but those who knew about the game knew those two things). It didn't give anything away about the storyline. But because of my sad internet connection, I'd be a little hesitant about getting a MP only demo becuase I wouldn't want to waste all that time downloading something that 1, I might not be able to play on-line with my proxy, and 2, might not be able to play because my connection is too slow. So if it only is a release of one MP level, I hope they include like a 2 bot max solo so that I can try the game without using my bad connection.

Abomination5
02-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Ok thats it I'm reinstaling dark forces, jediknight and mots!

Sithcloak
02-11-2002, 07:36 PM
I need a demo this friday.

*Waves hand infront of the ravenites.*

Sorry, i am asking for too much.

Maybe, next friday?:D

Probely a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away ... JK II demos were things of the past. Why play a game with saber combat, when you'r neighbor is a ex-jedi with a extra saber?

Sithcloak

simon says
02-11-2002, 07:49 PM
how could you NOT want a demo????!!! at least an MP one with ONE character, no weapons, no force...that can't have too many bugs in it, and it wouldn't spoil ANYTHING!!! ofcourse, lucas arts will probably only relese a demo after the game, so i'm just waiting it out:cool:

chilli
02-11-2002, 08:12 PM
I have officaily decided that anyone who didn't pick the first choice and cannot come up with a gooder-than-good excuse is SKREWED (No Offense)

and yes, SkiggeBoy I have decided that the pink elephants have no reason to be used and so I satarted to feel a little sympathy from them:p expect to see many more from me in the future :D
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Graphicsgod
02-11-2002, 08:36 PM
I say a teaser demo now, a much improved demo a month or two later, and the full when it's done.

Hey, they did it with EF and SOF.

simon says
02-11-2002, 08:41 PM
a month or two later? we'll have the full game in a month, so what need for it then? And when did they release the original JK demo, anyone know?

digl
02-11-2002, 09:00 PM
I think it was online and in mag CDs before the game was released
Im not sure tho, because I had a 14.4 connection by that time, so not many demos for me those days

Bio Warrior
02-11-2002, 10:11 PM
the original JK demo was released about a month or two before the official release i remember it cause i spent all night makin sure my 56k didnt go on me