PDA

View Full Version : My One Complaint...

Emon
02-11-2002, 05:41 PM
My one complaint about JK2 is the saber trails! They are TOO LONG! Take a look at the original movies, which includes Episode 1, and Episodes 4-6 in THX or Special Edition. The saber trails are never more than 6-8 inches long...yet the JK2 ones are like 1-2 feet! Argh!

Belgirion
02-11-2002, 05:43 PM
personally I like the new saber trailes. At least there are saber trails unlike in Jedi Knight. And saber trails were possible, LEC was just too lazy to put them in :D

Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-11-2002, 05:44 PM
I personally like the Saber Effects, but if they turn out to be a bit of a distraction in the heat of playing, then I will disable them, because surely Raven will allow us to turn off special effects like that. And they don't, then we'll just have to tolerate it. Nothing is perfect. No one is perfect.

Emon
02-11-2002, 05:47 PM
I like them, but they could be A LOT better if they were shorter. Actually, if you can turn it off, maybe you can adjust length?

Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-11-2002, 05:50 PM
I highly doubt if we will be able to adjust the length of saber trails. But then I could be entirely wrong in my doubt. *shrug*

Uber_Saber
02-11-2002, 05:55 PM
They are a bit long, but I like 'em better that way than the original JK.

simon says
02-11-2002, 07:38 PM
maybe the screenshots mess it up, and in the game it will look alright?

Sword Breaker
02-11-2002, 09:35 PM
I can understand why they didn't place a saber trail in the original JK. At the time, systems could barely even handle the game... but now that computers are so much faster these days, some people have made some mods for JK and the effects look great.

Even the newest Saber mod (which is excellent... it was so great that I started playing Jedi Knight all over again) has the option for you to turn off the trails... so if Raven doesn't do it, other people probably will.

Just a question since I haven't looked through much of the news about Outcast... are they going to allow mods at all? I remember reading something about this somewhere but I don't remember what it said.

Emon
02-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Yes, Brett Tosti confirmed it, twice, in two seperate interviews.

Jedi Howell
02-12-2002, 09:33 AM
hmm...how does it look in the trailer(crashes my compy :()? maybe that will take away probs with screenies...

and emon, u live in the uk, right? watch that trailer for the uk for us; tell us what the trails look like.

and btw, i hate u for ur compy. :P

jh

ps2maddenman
02-12-2002, 09:36 AM
I think the saber trails are something that could be looked at and adjusted, but it is not really that big of a deal and Raven has more pressing concerns. But that is a good point.

JaG|Kaiser
02-12-2002, 01:16 PM
I thought the trails looked pretty cool. I hope we have a number of different choices for colors. The BFP2 choices were great. Hopefully the game will have good allowances for skins.

JR2000Z
02-12-2002, 01:25 PM
Obviously, some of you people never liked the comics.

CaptainRAVE
02-12-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Emon
My one complaint about JK2 is the saber trails! They are TOO LONG! Take a look at the original movies, which includes Episode 1, and Episodes 4-6 in THX or Special Edition. The saber trails are never more than 6-8 inches long...yet the JK2 ones are like 1-2 feet! Argh!

Well they are screenshots.........in the actual game you wont notice them as they will happen so quickly. You cant complain about something like that until you've played the game.

TrUeFoRcE
02-12-2002, 02:49 PM
i agree i think the saber trails are a bit too long, ide like to see the trails like they were in "glowsaber" mod for JK at www.jedinights.net , they got the saber glow and trails perfectly i think, ide like to see them like that in JO

CaptainRAVE
02-12-2002, 02:57 PM
You wont say that after you've played the game. These lightsaber animations are going to be quick, so are the trails so they wont appear so long........some like Gonk or a Raven person should tell you all......maybe you'll listen to them :rolleyes:

StarScrap
02-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Emon

Are you maybe thinking of the older screens? I remember that in some of them the trail made the saber look like a flag, but that's been changed quite a bit.

dazilla
02-12-2002, 09:10 PM
Not only that, but also I think that they look much better in action than they do on screens.