PDA

View Full Version : MI5 confirmed?

pollodiablo
02-11-2002, 10:55 PM
Was MI5 confirmed? if it yes, when they planing to finish it

I will love a traditional one, like the 3 or 4, but with multiples endings that fix in only one story All right!

I think the last MI could be with multiples endings with one story at the end different than the others, Do ya get the idea? In that way you can take what you like more or do like Silent Hill games(exelent ones, close to MI but not best) I hope never will a LAST MI game, I can imaging me with 80 years old playing MI52, THAT WOULD BE GREAT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JojoMonki
02-14-2002, 06:47 AM
If they are doing another Monkey Island game, it would take a long time figuring out a Plot for the point of the game, they`ve already have Le Chuck`s Revenge,The curse of MI and Escape from MI, what else can they do???

threefeetelite
02-21-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by JojoMonki
what else can they do???

Let's see... Son of Monkey Island, Monkey Island Rides Again, I Was A Teenage Monkey Island, Monkey Island: Now It's Personal, Monkey Island With a Vengeance, Monkey Island: It's A Funny Old Game, and so on... :D

UKthreepwood
02-24-2002, 02:21 PM
or! lets call it................................

um.....

monkey island....................

FIVE!!!

monkey island 5! :amidala:

p.s

can sum1 make me a sig??

lol

Charley
02-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Or how about... The Return To Monkey Island

Kjlen
02-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Charley

I've heard a LOT about a Return To Monkey Island. I wonder why?

Charley
02-24-2002, 03:27 PM
Is it an MI game already? If so I didnt know!
Thick aren I?!

Guybrush MarleyThreepwood
03-09-2002, 07:38 AM
The Death of Monkey Island.
end it all...

Kjlen
03-10-2002, 07:02 PM
The birth of MI Jr. :D That would be a good one, Dinky Island grows a volcano and erupts, causing it to expand the island. The eruption causes some things on Monkey Island and even a little pathway to Dinky from Monkey. How about that?

Kjlen
03-15-2002, 09:30 PM
Well, how DO you like it people, you thinks its a good short story, right? Rate it! :eek: *Goes crazy* :D No really, I wanna know what you think.

MurrayDude
03-17-2002, 05:33 PM
Um... Yeah.

Lost Welshman
04-11-2002, 07:10 PM
I am the Second Biggest fan of Monkey Island that there is!!!
I Rekon in MI5 LeChick could return wen the statue version is found by tourists on an island that ozzie mandril has gottn 2
then he could rebiuld his army of the undead( i really liked thosee guys) he could have murray as hise evil sidekick, so murray could teach guybrush all the evil powers he has) ALL of the old characters could return like Largo, Wally, Otis, Carla, Meathook, Haggis, Cutthroat Bill and the other 1(soz forgot his name aint played MI3 in a while) and new 1s too, it should take at least 5 days straight (not all at 1ce) to finnish cos the other 1s only took 2 days 4 me.
Names:
here are sum names 4 the 5th monkey island game:

Night of the living Monkeys (corny)
Sam and Max hit Monkey Island (no way)
Monkey Island Tycoon (why the hell did i bother)
The Power of Monkey Island( LeChuck could use the OTHER Secret of monkey island)
Grim Fandango's Revenge( nah )
Death of Monkey Island(thanx to the guy up there, could end with monkey island sinkin with a monkey with his thums up outta the water, like the end of terminator 2)
and finally THe Horror Of Monkey Island (:3headed: u get the jist of it)

YTtheMighty
04-23-2002, 07:22 PM
It may seem wierd but I have a plan. LucasArts could sell the MI franchise to Ron Gilbert, who then could then join up with Tim Schafer at Double Fine and they could work together on MI3, the real continuation, which is really MI5. Then they could some how link the real MI3 to the current CMI and then, three years after the real MI3 comes out they could anouce the new MI6 which is the continuation to MI4... But that is just my idea.

Parang
06-03-2002, 04:33 PM
:D :) :D :)

GROOVY BABY!!!

MI5 and even more are CONFIRMED!!!!

read the interview with simon jeffrey for full details.

http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/site/resource.php?feature=/e32002/simon/simon

fett storm
06-09-2002, 02:16 PM
More name ideas:The phantom monkey
Attack of the monkeys
A new monkey
Monkey island strikes back
Return of monkey island

jannar85
06-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Where do we get the name: The return to Monkey Island?
I sent an email to LEC right after I got EMI giving them a tips if they would do MI5...

I said that they could name it The return to Monkey Island!

And now more folks think it suits it, heh....
I have no idea where you got the name from;)

Joshi
07-13-2002, 12:23 AM
more names (becaue they're fun)

The Monkeytrix
Planet of the Monkeys
Monkey Report
Monkey Island Five: Attack of the Monkeys
The Sound of Monkeys.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Monkeys
Gubrushes Greatly Gross Grotesque Gathering of Gimpy Gibbons
Float like a Butterfly, Sting like a Monkey.
Robin Hood and his Merry Monkey's
The Prince of Monkey
The Sound of Monkey.

Kjlen
07-13-2002, 12:30 AM
Nice! :D

Return to Monkey Island isn't to good so

A Tale of 3 Heads
A Tail of 3 Heads
War of monkey Island
Destroy Monkey Island
Monkey Island: "Itsa Boy?"
Yet another: Monkey Island Conspiracy

Gabez
08-10-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Kjlen

I've heard a LOT about a Return To Monkey Island. I wonder why?

I believe it might have been used as a name for EMI, but then they changed their minds. Or something.

King Andrei
08-11-2002, 12:32 PM
I'd wish they make Grim Fandango sequels too.

Drunken_Sailor
08-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Yeah, a sequel to Grim Fandango would be great!

Mort-Hog
08-12-2002, 08:49 PM
I think it is most likely that they do make an MI5. After all, with EMI they were aiming at a new audience, releasing it on console; surely they would follow this up to target the new console fans they would have aquired. Were this the case, I guess MI5 could be expected to be in the style of EMI, which would be terrible, but would make LEC a fair amount of money.
Unless they do something astoundingly drastic in MI5, which is unlikely, I think it is also likely that they will end the series there as well.

But that's just me.:jawa

Lost Welshman
12-20-2002, 03:04 PM
Four Words, Unbreakable Five Game Contract, that means there will be a 5th game, And it will Include The Voodo Lady and Guybrush. If not then LEC Lied to us and we will rebel with lots of shouting and calling of names.
Here are my ideas + more for names of MI5 again

Night of the living Monkeys (corny)
Sam and Max hit Monkey Island (no way)
Monkey Island Tycoon (why the hell did i bother)
The Power of Monkey Island( LeChuck could use the OTHER Secret of monkey island)
Grim Fandango's Revenge( nah )
Death of Monkey Island(thanx to the guy up there, could end with monkey island sinkin with a monkey with his thums up outta the water, like the end of terminator 2)
The Horror Of Monkey Island ( three headed monkey! u get the jist of it)
Under Monkey Island ( to kill lechuck, 4 good, go to hell kill his spirit)
Monkey Island: Guybrush Strikes Back
Monkey Island: The Monkeys Strike Back
The King of Monkey Island! (big three headed gorilla, or something like that)
The King of Monkey Island ( Guybrush is devorced from elaine, because of some sort of unknown evil lechuck theme, Guybrush goes to his only friends, The Monkeys and beomes their king. LeChuck takes Elain, word of it gets to guybrush, he saves her, realises LeChuck plan and they get hitched again, Big weddin scene( or not) with all the characters there.
And Finally The Battle of monkey Island ( The showdown at the end could include all of the nice characters in a battle against LeChucks army of the undead, LeChuck is Skeleton, Monkey Combat at the end or Insult somthing, with a very spectacular ending scene that is so good we wont want a sequal, i hated MI4 ending)

Please Tell me what you think

Benihana14
01-10-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Lost Welshman
Four Words, Unbreakable Five Game Contract, that means there will be a 5th game, And it will Include The Voodo Lady and Guybrush. If not then LEC Lied to us and we will rebel with lots of shouting and calling of names.

Just what I was going to mention....they always throw in the 5 game contract.

Monkey Island
Beneath Monkey Island
Escape From Monkey Island
Battle for Monkey Island
Conquest of Monkey Island

All these are transformed from "Planet of the Apes".....2 of them already being titles. Will the other 3 be fulfilled? Hrmmm?

jannar85
02-11-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Charley
Exactely! I sent an e-mail to LucasArts the time EMI was released, giving them this name suggestion :D :p

Stupid me :p

And a sequel to GF would kick arse! :D

scabb
02-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Gabez
I believe it might have been used as a name for EMI, but then they changed their minds. Or something.

It's Planet of the Apes - syndrome.

Planet of the Apes
Escape from the Planet of the Apes
Return to the Planet of the Apes

So Monkey Island 5 will be 'Return', and then a few decades later we'll have "Tim Burton's Monkey Island", starring Michael Jackson as one of the monkeys.

Lemon Head
02-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by scabb
starring Michael Jackson as one of the monkeys.
He'd do better as one of the corpses

Joshi
02-11-2003, 12:37 PM
bit more plastic surgery and he'd make a good elaine.

http://www.amazinghumor.com/pics/0483.jpg

Lemon Head
02-11-2003, 06:16 PM
that's more disturbing than i can possibly say

ter_scotland
02-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
that's more disturbing than i can possibly say

Disturbing indeed!

:D

jannar85
02-19-2003, 05:39 AM
Lol @ Neil

Joshi
02-19-2003, 08:25 AM
ahh, my dreams of being laughed at instead of laughed with have come true. next thing i know, mushrooms will be growing out of the ground and all hell with break loose.

Dolly Wildstar
03-08-2003, 03:05 PM
HOW ABOUT.... In MI5, Guybrush is an old man telling his son stories of his pirating days... and the story is taken up by his son who goes out adventuring too. Then there's no excuse for LucasArts to stop making MI games because the lead role could be played by the ancestors of Guybrush. Am I a genius or what..?

Mullog
03-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Don't understand. The ancestrors? He's grand grandparents? How does that have anything to do with his son?

Guybrush_Dincht
03-08-2003, 05:23 PM
if anyones stuck for ideas check out my ones in name of mi5 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92370).
Can someone rate them? Pleeeez.

xElaineMarleyx
03-11-2003, 12:21 PM
bit more plastic surgery and he'd make a good elaine.
Michael Jackson [a oum ch a oum ch!] as Elaine? :eek: :eek: :eek:
That does Elaine a great injustice!!!
*Screams at the thought of MJ playing Elaine...:eek: :( :eek: *

James Isaac
05-09-2003, 11:10 AM
If a MI5 was confirmed, it would be announced here (http://www.lucasarts.com/e3/)

And as you can see here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=98329), that line that the voodoo lady said doesn't mean there will definetly be a MI5

And also, there won't be a MI5 in the near future, because LucasArts are busy working on Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2!

(P.S. A sequel to Grim Fandango would also be great!):D

guybroom
06-15-2003, 10:13 AM
The voodoo lady is never wrong! There must be a MI5.

Even if there are no plans for MI5 let me tell lucas arts something.

I will comit suiside if MI5 does not happen.

And when it comes out, make it for the P.C. and Xbox

A name could me
1. Monkey with a vengenance
2. Monkey ISland 5 - return of the monkey
3. Guybrush Threepwood and the Zombie's stone (related to Harry Potter. In the game Guybrush could go to the pirate version of Hogworts)
4. MOnkey Island reloded

Reaper Girl
06-16-2003, 02:59 PM
THAT IS A VERY SCARY PIC NEIL :::scrubs eyes::

i had a rant to say but that pic RUINED it (my god...)

Nightmares!:barf: :drop2:

Reaper Girl
06-16-2003, 03:03 PM
(forgive me for posting 3 times. my computer's a fop):jawa

Andi Wan
06-16-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Dolly Wildstar
HOW ABOUT...In MI5, Guybrush is an old man telling his son stories of his pirating days... and the story is taken up by his son who goes out adventuring too...Am I a genius or what..?
It didn't work for Young Indy. I doubt it would work for Monkey Island.

Also:
Originally posted by YTtheMighty
LucasArts could sell the MI franchise to Ron Gilbert, who then could then join up with Tim Schafer at Double Fine and they could work together on MI3, the real continuation, which is really MI5. Then they could some how link the real MI3 to the current CMI and then, three years after the real MI3 comes out they could anouce the new MI6 which is the continuation to MI4... But that is just my idea.
:lechuck: DARRGH! Damn you purists! CMI AND EMI ARE VALID SEQUELS!!!!

CMI kicked ass. EMI kicked a lesser amount of ass, but still did its fair share of kicking!

It's true that you can't go wrong with Schafer, the man is a god, but I'm sure others like Sean Clark and Mike Stemme who are still at Lucasarts could do another good job on numero 5, with or without Schafer and Gilbert.

Joshi
06-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Reaper Girl
(forgive me for posting 3 times. my computer's a fop):jawa

Don't worry, I deleted two of them for you :D

Ray Jones
06-18-2003, 09:03 AM
how about get back to monkey island basics in Monkey 5?

Give it a new plot, new adventure with some spots on the old ones. some time travel stuff would be cool. pop up in monkey island 1 on monkey island watching guybrush sink the ship with the catapult or something like that. Make it really weird.

And then call it Monkey Island 5: before after all.

Reaper Girl
06-25-2003, 12:45 AM
NOOOOOOOOO
i've had eneogh weirdness! eneogh "What is real" blah,blah blah!
I've had enuff bad Lucas sqeuls(hint,hint)!
NO monkey 5!
SAVE THE MONKEYS!
give the sieres some time to heal, jeez...
do it for our children!:cry8: :cry7: :cry6:
does no one else tremble at the thought of another sequel?!!

Ray Jones
06-25-2003, 07:04 AM
???

Moneyk Inslad tislef stands for totally weirdenss!!???!

hm.

i say monkey island basics. weird and crappy. with a rubberchicken!

Guybrush3:16
06-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Simple Call it...
The Real Monkey Island 3
Have Ron Gilbert Sign a one off contract with LEC to make one more MI and just have it as an alternate ending to the Trilogy, then make one more called MI the further adventures of Guybrush Threepwood and have CMI, EMI and that one as a second trilogy.

Reaper Girl
06-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Sorry Ray...i was really upset when i made that post...i had just played Mi4 and...well, it upset me...
It was TOO strange...
Mi1 and Mi2 were strange because...they WERE.
Mi4...the weirdness seemed FORCED.
And seeing the other sequels/prequels LucasArts/Flims is pumping out, the future looks murky.

i'm still looking for Bob Mi5, IF IT EVER COMES

mymipage
06-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Guybrush3:16
Have Ron Gilbert Sign a one off contract with LEC to make one more MI and just have it as an alternate ending to the Trilogy, then make one more called MI the further adventures of Guybrush Threepwood and have CMI, EMI and that one as a second trilogy.

I don't think Ron's Monkey Island 3 would make the story any clearer or better from MI2. Ron wanted Guybrush to be a kid - he would just follow that idea because that was his idea of what Monkey Island was!

Also, I don't think Ron really wanted to make Monkey Island 3 (or does now anyway) even though I know he says so in interviews.

TyraaRane
06-30-2003, 09:28 PM
All I want from MI5 is more Largo. That's all I'm asking. ...Well, okay, and Murray, too. And if they don't get someone to port it to the Mac, I will personally storm LucasArts headquarters and hold everyone hostage until they do so.

But, err...that's it, really. *shifty eyes*

Herman Toothroo
07-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Gyubrush proudly states (I don't remember where in the game) in MI4, that he has a 5 game contract.. :)

EnchiladaMan
07-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Gyubrush proudly states (I don't remember where in the game) in MI4, that he has a 5 game contract..

...as does the voodoo lady and a few other characters. And this could mean one of three things:

1. There are only going to be 5 games (which I don't believe due to other evidence).

2. There will be at least 5 games total.

or

3. That "5 game contract" was another of MI4's kooky jokes and there will be no more. ...Next people will be saying once more that there will be a total of nine Star Wars movies.

mymipage
07-03-2003, 08:05 AM
There will be a new Monkey Island game(MI5), LucasArts have said it, just don't know when!

iceqb
07-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Yeah, i believe i read that too, when i was surfing the internet (I have no idea what that is but I'll try to draw it.) I read it on the scummbar site (wich is coming back, WHOOPIE), They sead that there will undoubtebly (i have no idea how to wright that) be more monkey island and grim fandango - sequals (i have no idea how to wright that either) Personally i have never played grim fandango so i don't realy know what it's about (i don't know why but i feel strangly insulted)

*ENJOY*

For a story of mi5: first off all LeChuck is not dead (of course) now i got that off my chest we can move on ;)
grandpa marley is sitting at home (in the large mansion, wich by the way i wan't to call my home. Now, moving on) boring him self to death when suddenly some-one knocks at the door, he opens up but there's no-one there: He mutters: "snotty-nosed kids, come knockin' at my door and than runnin' away, YOU'LLD BETTER START RUNNIN' he shouts. He laughs (as only he can, you know, the simple but firm hhh). So he sits back down in his chair and falls asleep, then you see a flash of light fly by (of course he doesn't see it) wich is LeChuck in a dematerialised form (he is also the one that knocked on the door, he came in then but H.T. didn't see him) so Lechuck stands in front of H.T., wakes him up, H.T. screams at the top of his lungs, at the same time Lechuck says: scream all you wan't, there's no-one around to hear it. At the same time guybrush and elaine come in (back from the pleasant trip they had (wich will be explained by guybush later on in the game) and they both shout: "Grandpa, what's the matter we heard you scream", Guybrush then says: "Oh no, It's LeChuck, he's back in a dematerialised form". LeChuck: "ahrrrr, we meet again, Mr. Marley (like in that bond-movie, ya know) (Guybrush:"It's threepwood") then LeChuck take over H.T.'s body and says: "I'll be back", at this point he disappears into thin air. Elaine: "This is terrible, we must find a way to get my grandfather back", Guybrush: "I have an idea..." Elaine: "that's great honey, but I have an even better idea" Guybrush: "but..." elaine: I'll look around in these books to find an answer (all books of getting dematerialised people out of your body)" Guybrush: "and me,and me? What do i gotta do?" Elaine: "you go ask the voodoo-lady for help, she's great at these sorts of things (That'll keep him busy for some time), Hey you can even go out and have a grog. Guybrush: "Great! Thanks honey" Elaine: "But not to much dear, you know what grog does to you" Guybrush: "Ohw man" Elaine: "What's that dear? Guybrush: "Uhm... Thanks mam" Elaine: " Oh ok, hurry up know, we haven't got much time" Guybrush: "Right dear, I'll be back before you can say: filthy-grog-smelling-pirate-who's-grandpa's-body-is-taken-over-by-a-dematerialised-undead-demonpirate-from-heck. Than you take controle over guybrush and go to the voodoo-lady, but, OH NO!!! the voodoo-lady's house is burned down to the ground, at that moment a woman with an extremely strange doo walks by, So you ask what happend to the voodoo-Lady's house she tell's you an odd black woman with odd clothing and strange hair (wich is ironic considering that she has a realy strange doo) burned down the house, screaming: "OH NO, IT'S TERRIBLE SHYMUCH (or something in that order) IS COMING BACK, AHHHHHHH" so she said something like: "untill a new house is found, burn this one to the ground"(and the house went up in flames) she had only just finished saying this spell or her doo goes up in flames. She screams, and runs towards the fountain, she fall's in, her hair-firehassard is out but she's soked, she walks back to guybrush and says: "Now, where were we?" guybrush: "Uhm... you finished, yeah, that's right" Woman: "Oh ok, see you around" Guybrush: "i wonder if the black woman with odd clothing and strange hair was the voodoo-lady? And i wonder who shymush is?" You go on to the Lua bar :mad: :mad: :mad: and to your great surprise, it's turned back to the scumm bar [wich kinda is a tribute considering the scumm bar online is coming back in mid july(-ish)] you go in and find it to be just the same as before, accept... They kept the water-sushi-thingy, when you go in on the right you'll find a dartboard and the little pirate from mi4 who whas playing against the big guy, if you talk to him and challenge him you can choose from 2 options: 1: if i win you have to buy me a drink 2:if i lose you gotta do the chicken dance infront of everybody
Little pirate: "uhm... DEAL" you start playing, you can win real easy considering he sucks (remember the holes next to the dart-board?) So you win, he's like: "You cheated, I'm the best dartplayer in the tri-island area" Guybrush: "AHA! you hav to buy me my drink now" (Elaine: "What did i tell you about drinking grog?") Guybrush: "you said i could, i've got witnesses, just look at that guy over there knodding his head (he's refering to the player) (Elaine:"ok, fine, go ahead, just don't drink to much")
Little pirate: "aha chwatish (whip-sound)"
Guybrush: "Not a word out of you" Little pirate+the entire bar: "HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!, chwatish!!!" Guybrush to little pirate: "what do yo know about the voodoo-lady or her house?" Little Pirate: I know she yelled: "OH NO, SHY... (Guybrush: "I allready know that part") oh i also know where she was going. Guybrush: "What? Where?" Little pirate: "I Won't tell ya" Guybrush: ohw c'mone Little pirate: "no" Guybrush: "ohw c'mooooone Little pirate: "NO!...I tell you what, if you can beat me at insult darting i'll tell ya.
Guybrush: "insult darting?" Little pirate: "yeah, insult dartin', What, Are ya chicken? ... Guybrush: "nobody calls me chicken. Alright, i'll dart ya, bring it on shorty"(he tells insult you respond with witty remark, you throw dart in bullseye, you don't respond with witty remark? He throws in bullseye. The winner is the first to have 50 points (bullseye beng 10 points). If you beat him he'll tell you the voodoo-lady is hiding on an island called coney-island (litterally in the shape of an icecream cone -->
____
\ /
\ /
\ /
\/ ) so you gather a crew, get a ship, sail of to coney-island (wich is a new island formed by the lava on booty-island i think in mi3 you drop a piece o' cheese into the lactose-intolerant lava-god and it erupts) So you find the voodoo-lady and tell he about what happend (as said in the beginning guybrush explaines the pleasant trip to the voodoo-lady who by the way did not ask to be told this story) and so on and so on... (started wrighting this crap 2.30 hours ago, so i hope you enjoyed it) i'm not sure the lucasarts-members read the forums but if they do, i'd be honored if they read the story i just made up :) ps this is 7009 characters long :)

iceqb
07-10-2003, 09:23 AM
What did you think about my story? plz reply

bgbennyboy
07-10-2003, 09:29 AM
I've read some bollocks in my time but my God...

iceqb
07-10-2003, 10:05 AM
dude, i'm only 14 years old, I've never even written a story in my life, and i'm from belgium, i speak dutch, my english vocabulary is realy small. i appreciate your opinion, i'm not mad though i just wanted to say that

Reaper Girl
07-10-2003, 10:39 AM
its possibly better then what Mi5 is really going to be...
...don't worry man. I've got it even worse...i'm 13 and i'm irish with ADD...:p ::rolleyes:a friend of mine says thats how i write, anyway...

Reaper Girl
07-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by EnchiladaMan

3. That "5 game contract" was another of MI4's kooky jokes and there will be no more. ...Next people will be saying once more that there will be a total of nine Star Wars movies.

there will be total nine Star Wars movies over the next decades. Read that somewhere in Entertainment Weekly.
When you go see the new Star Wars movies, however, look for me. I'll be the one throwing s(&* at the screen!
(sorry. i have very strong opionions.excuse-e me)

bgbennyboy
07-10-2003, 03:07 PM
This has gone totally off-topic.
Closed