PDA

View Full Version : Co-op

DLS_Boomslang
02-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Hey..
With all these people making mods and all.
Wouldnt it be possible to include it so we have co-op.
JK2 would be friggen awesome if we could have some co-op through single player missions.
Ive heard rumors of people thinking about it...but perhaps we could find out for real if they are going to do it.

Also...Perhaps include it like original Q3 where u could have skirmish and have tons of bots.I mean..that would be cool having tons of jedi and sith running around in massive skirmish war.

Anyways..id love to hear about co-op thing being developed.
as im a huge fan of co-op and JK2 would be a definate one id want co-op for.

Darth Lunatic
02-13-2002, 03:40 AM
Co-op is mad fun.

I'm sure a mod will be made for Jk2 to allow you to play it co-op through the single player missions. I would have prefered Raven to have implemented it. But with all the scripted events in the game, it would have been a catastrophe.

We know the quake 3 engine can support this mode, so i hope some devoted fans create a fun co-op mode.

TUS_Tomcat
02-13-2002, 03:46 AM
Supposedly there are bots included in the game so such a skirmish mode as you mention SHOULD be possible...

I personally hope we can do all multiplayer game types with bots (cant wait for Jedi Master mode, me jedi master, 10 stormtrooper bots :)) but i am quite sure that you can definately do a deathmatch with bots

Anakin
02-13-2002, 03:46 AM
Yep Co-op would be great.
I would like to have that in AOTCTC, so that you could have a kick ass on one of the levels, but I cant tell which one cause it cointains spoilers. :) :p

DLS_Boomslang
02-13-2002, 03:50 AM
lets hope so :D

i hope they have skirmish with jedis and stuff
so we can play MP with bots.

but id love co-op through single player levels with my friends and stuff ;)

Graphicsgod
02-13-2002, 03:53 AM
That would be nice, but will only happen through a mod of some sort. Halo kicks arse in co-op!

DLS_Boomslang
02-13-2002, 03:58 AM
yah..well some guys only just released a co-op mod for halflife..and its buggy as hell.
But ive heard Q3 engine is alot easier to include co-op with..so i dont think introducing it so theres anotehr player involved would be incredibly hard.It would be easier then making a complete new mod.
and it would be VERY popular.

TUS_Tomcat
02-13-2002, 04:01 AM
Those stuff things are very good at saber duels :)

lol i would also like some coop, but because of the scripted nature of the game (i think so anyway, look at MOHAA, comparable, very scripted) it could get messy.

However, Jedi Master mode with Stormtrooper bots will sastisfy me ALOT... I have the saber and the force, they have their rifles

heheheheheheh :)

DLS_Boomslang
02-13-2002, 04:06 AM
id prefer me with saber..them with saber.

jedis vs siths.
More fun then jedi vs stormtrooper
;)

saber v saber will be fun :)

TUS_Tomcat
02-13-2002, 05:00 AM
yes of course, an 8v8 jedi vs. sith will be MAD fun, but the occasional slice n dice of a group of helpless stormtroopers is also very much liked by me :)

Broode
02-13-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by DLS_Boomslang
yah..well some guys only just released a co-op mod for halflife..and its buggy as hell.

Ah... You probably played SQUAD or one of the other cheap co-op ripoffs... Go play Sven Co-op (http://www.svencoop.com/), it's the original and very fun coop mod. Not too many bugs either.

Sturmgewehr
02-13-2002, 09:56 AM
You can actually make a co-op mod for a QuakeIII game using a shortcut. Its very easy to make a basic one.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31008

Nobody reads the Editing Forum.

Heavyarms
02-13-2002, 10:28 AM
when they said something about co-op, I think they ment something like where you battle AI in a MP level to get to an objectifve (i.e. you start in one area of a level, and have to get to an area where there is a shuttle, and steal it, and fighting everything you can think of on the way.

thrEEpaGe
02-13-2002, 10:39 AM
well that isnt really co op (well sort of, bot not really), because in that sense, it is only a multiplayer game with ai opponents built into it with different triggers in the game.....co op in what the thread is talking about is a full game co op, which would be hella awesome...

pardon me if i am wrong (im used to it by now)

ps2maddenman
02-13-2002, 10:44 AM
I think Raven's alternative to Co-op is having Mara and Luke fight along side you in some of the missions (as did the Elite Force in ST). but you are correct in that this would be major time awesome-o!

:p

Com Raven
02-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Btw, try playing Serious Sam SE with 15 other guys in co-op....

Omfg.....

CaptainRAVE
02-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat
yes of course, an 8v8 jedi vs. sith will be MAD fun, but the occasional slice n dice of a group of helpless stormtroopers is also very much liked by me :)

Not very good for people with low spec machines though :rolleyes:....thankfully im not one of them :D

Com Raven
02-13-2002, 12:49 PM
Just give your Sith stormie skins....:D

Cyclone
02-13-2002, 01:41 PM
:atat:

I doubt that they will code in CO-OP Single Player support. I remember it was ommited from Quake2 due to the hard ships of keeping the 'saved games' correct.

I definately think that if bots are supported, then Team Deathmatch with players vs bots will work, but I think thats a different conversation.

:atpt:

I'm still kinda new, so excuse the smilely abuse

:duel:

:edeaths: :atpilot:

CorranHornjr
02-13-2002, 02:24 PM
I only say that it would be hard to get the saved games together, like cyclone said. Unless you have the host save the games and the people join can't. Plus when someone dies, would they just reappear back where they died? Or would you have to restart from a saved? Or wait until the other guy dies?

Just a thought, I am sure someone has already figured this out. But I didn't know if it would be an actual problem or not.

I was very dissapointed when I heard that JO would not have co-op in it. But the bot in multiplayer is a good addition. I think it would cool to have 8 jedi's running through a single player level just chopping stormtroopers from limb to limb. ANd then the end boss to be cut up by 8 jedi's...awe that would be the day.

TUS_Tomcat
02-13-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by CorranHornjr
I think it would cool to have 8 jedi's running through a single player level just chopping stormtroopers from limb to limb. ANd then the end boss to be cut up by 8 jedi's...awe that would be the day.

That would be great... with a mod, maybe it can happen...who knows

JediArs
02-13-2002, 02:31 PM
Actually, in the trailer, there is a scene with Kyle fighting two dark jedis. In the background, there is some other good jedi fighting a dark jedi. This is also evident in the realeased screenshots.

TUS_Tomcat
02-13-2002, 02:37 PM
yes but thats most likely an NPC, meaning hes not controlled by another human

we were (at least i was) discussing several HUMAN cointrolled Jedi playing together through the single player levels

JaG|Kaiser
02-13-2002, 04:50 PM
BOTS? Where the hell have I been?

dazilla
02-13-2002, 05:16 PM
There's definitely going to be bots, and they're gonna have advanced AI, so they're going to be extremely smart, not just point and shoot...that should be really cool!

Ushgarak
02-13-2002, 05:34 PM
Omitted from QWuake 2? I rather don;t think so; I played through that co-op with some friends. Occaisonally re-loading mixed up wqho was whom, though.

Raven have a good track reocrd with co-op, and whoile I appreocate that the nature of the SP game makes it impossible to impliment, it would be nice if it was easy to do theoretically, then we could have specific MP co-op scenarios written.

Cyclone
02-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Ugh, you're right. Co-op is in Quake II, I was thinking of half-life or some other FPS where it died. I just remember that it was just too much to get the saved games to work.

Regardless, I found this in the offical JKII FAQ

4.03 Will there be a co-operative (co-op) mode?
There will not be co-op play where multiple players can play through the single-player missions simultaneously. Team deathmatch multiplayer is planned, however?

Since that is official stuff. Not much more to add.

Cyclone.

Ushgarak
02-14-2002, 04:21 PM
Well, while we know there won't be co-op play, it has to be said that not all the official FAQ answers have been 100% truthful over time...

Abomination5
02-14-2002, 05:13 PM
I loved Co-op in JK they were very fun with 3 or 4 people. I even was a beta tester for the Nar shadda Co-op one I'm sure some of you will rmemeber that level.

Kurgan
02-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Don't forget the (unofficial) Rune Coop mod (buggy, but fun).

Although it takes a lot of work, it can be done....

I hope it happens. If some team doesn't convert the regular SP game into a coop friendly mod, they could piece together a coop campaign or mission pack. That would be awesome, I agree!

Serious Sam coop was great.. too bad AvP and AvP2 didn't have it...

DLS_Boomslang
02-14-2002, 05:47 PM
we already know raven isnt making JO co-op

but somebody can make a mod and include co-op themselves