PDA

View Full Version : Who here has Star Craft?


observer_20000
08-15-2001, 01:36 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has Star Craft, and if you do, who's your favorite race?

Kvan
08-15-2001, 01:39 AM
Well I'm good with the Terrans, like the Zerg, and I'm horrible with the Protoss.

darthfergie
08-15-2001, 01:42 AM
Terran are the middle of the road civ so they are the easiest to handle and that is why I voted for them. Protoss are Awesome Once you get them started.

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 01:47 AM
the protoss are demanding when it comes to resources. however, they are very powerful. i would use zergs b/c you can make several units at once and while your enemy is still setting up, you can get him there on the spot. i've been the victim and have victimized people using the zergling rush. it works guys......

observer_20000
08-15-2001, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
the protoss are demanding when it comes to resources. however, they are very powerful. i would use zergs b/c you can make several units at once and while your enemy is still setting up, you can get him there on the spot. i've been the victim and have victimized people using the zergling rush. it works guys......

Yes, but zergling usually fall quickly to a group of zealots, or firebats, if you can 'em ready on time.

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 01:51 AM
yup, but that's the thing. most people aren't ready by the time they come. if you pack hydralisks in that group, uh oh.....:eek:

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 02:15 AM
another reason why i like to use the zergs are that they don't have the best defense, but they can improvise with that burrowing technique they have. esp. in broodwars when you have those spiders defending certain choke points in your scheme.

Kvan
08-15-2001, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
another reason why i like to use the zergs are that they don't have the best defense, but they can improvise with that burrowing technique they have. esp. in broodwars when you have those spiders defending certain choke points in your scheme.
You also have the evil Guardians which attack just outside the turrets range! :mad:

observer_20000
08-15-2001, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Kvan

You also have the evil Guardians which attack just outside the turrets range! :mad:

Yes, that really pisses me off, however Carriers can serve the same function, since usually the turret stupidly fires at the interceptors, instead of firing at the ship it self, what's crappy about the zerg, is that if you have an entire swarm of them, and a science vessel, does a few irradiations, you lose just about most of the swarm.

Paragon_Leon
08-15-2001, 06:21 AM
i voted Terrans.
A formation of deployed tanks firing is serious fun.
Also, they seem to be more versatile in attacks.
I can do a troops-only attack, go for complete air-strikes or do combo's..

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 09:19 AM
I voted protoss! The protoss are much better than terran b/c their units are so much stronger and their shields recharge automatically. It is such a bother having to send all your guys back to repair them, and having your buildings burn down! Protoss Templar, Dark Templar, Archons, and Dark Archons make for some VERRYY interesting attacks. :D

I HATE GUARDIANS! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Clefo
08-15-2001, 10:12 AM
Protoss, although their units are expensive, they can kick some ass woohoo! :D

I love using Dark Templars on a base and seeing the other player wondering what the hell happened because he forgot to build detectors.

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 12:19 PM
i would pick the protoss, the only thing is that are way to many great zerg players that do that darn rush while you're still assembling your army........

Kvan
08-15-2001, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
i would pick the protoss, the only thing is that are way to many great zerg players that do that darn rush while you're still assembling your army........
Yeah there are! :( Have you ever played Zerg vs Zerg?

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 12:44 PM
hehe, don't remind me. those are the best. when it comes to situations like that, i play defense with those sunken colonies, lurkers, and upgrading my defense, while still having a load of troops. my theory is that if you can play D with the zerg, you can play D with anyone else.

Kvan
08-15-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
hehe, don't remind me. those are the best. when it comes to situations like that, i play defense with those sunken colonies, lurkers, and upgrading my defense, while still having a load of troops. my theory is that if you can play D with the zerg, you can play D with anyone else.
Oh, yeah I like playing D......whats D?

Young David
08-15-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Oh, yeah I like playing D......whats D?

I have no ID ...

I voted for Terrans too ... I don't have the game very long. Terran Campaign was fun ... The Zerg were ... not my style. The Protoss .. never really played them.

Anyway ... I like the Terrans because They are ... normal. The feel naturally.

Kvan
08-15-2001, 01:13 PM
D might = Defensive? I'm not sure though..

Darth_Rommel
08-15-2001, 05:08 PM
I don't own the game, but I voted Terran based on what I read in other replies ;)

Clefo
08-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Noo you like the Protoss, you are getting very sleepy En Taro Adun

What exactly is Adun anyway I don't think they ever explain that.

observer_20000
08-15-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
Noo you like the Protoss, you are getting very sleepy En Taro Adun

What exactly is Adun anyway I don't think they ever explain that.

In the manual you get with the game, they have about a two page overlook on each races history, I think it says what Adun is there.

Clefo
08-15-2001, 07:25 PM
Aha makes sense now.

When are they going to make a third SC game? There are so many plots that need resolveing like: What the hell was Duran talking about in that secret mission? What will Zeratul and the others do about it?

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 07:28 PM
sorry kvan,
D means defense. and Adun is the homeworld i believe of the protoss. anyhow, there is no word yet on when starcraft II is coming out, and my guess is 2-3 years from now b/c they always take their sweet time when it comes to developing games.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-15-2001, 07:32 PM
No, no! Adun was a protoss who brought the protoss back together by revealing their primordial pychic link. The protoss homeworld is Aiur! (My life for Aiur). Any other StarCraft questions?

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 07:33 PM
okay, thanks, i guess. yeah, that's right. wasn't he a dragoon or something like that?

Evaders99
08-15-2001, 07:40 PM
I think Adun was a famous and honored protoss warrior. Remember when they said En Taro Tassadar after his death.

xwing guy
08-15-2001, 09:24 PM
After Fenix got killed he was the one whose body got put in a dargoon. Also I have a question GB vs. SC who will win? Well the one I'm commanding of course.:D Also when was SC relesed it was a long time ago wasn't it? So why are they taking so long on SC2? Also by the way the left everything it makes the Zerg win all three of the zergs enemys where badly defeated in that final battle. But some things were never resovled like Raynor said he would kill Kerrigan some day but he left and so did Zeratul but what about the hybird project that Duran was working on? A lot of things unanswered but I figure if theres a SC2 that will answer all those questions.

Lord JayVizIon
08-15-2001, 09:30 PM
So why are they taking so long on SC2?

Warcraft III

Clefo
08-16-2001, 06:31 PM
Yeah Warcraft III looks awesome, I imagine it would take up Blizzards time

On SC VS GB you have this:

SC has 3 races, GB has 6 so lets divide the Races in SC into the major factions of all three races in SC.

Dark Templar Protoss, Raynor's Raiders ,Terran Dominion, UED, Kerrigans Swarms, Zerg Hive.


Now the two of these factions that actually do anything useful are the DT's and Kerrigan so we set them up against the 2 more powerful GB factions: The Empire and the Trade Federation. Then we have the official "Good Guys" so its the Rebels and the Naboo against Raynor and the TD, then we have the leftovers: Wookies and Gungans VS Zerg Hive and UED.

There are the Matchups, you decide the outcome.

observer_20000
08-16-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
Yeah Warcraft III looks awesome, I imagine it would take up Blizzards time

On SC VS GB you have this:

SC has 3 races, GB has 6 so lets divide the Races in SC into the major factions of all three races in SC.

Dark Templar Protoss, Raynor's Raiders ,Terran Dominion, UED, Kerrigans Swarms, Zerg Hive.


Now the two of these factions that actually do anything useful are the DT's and Kerrigan so we set them up against the 2 more powerful GB factions: The Empire and the Trade Federation. Then we have the official "Good Guys" so its the Rebels and the Naboo against Raynor and the TD, then we have the leftovers: Wookies and Gungans VS Zerg Hive and UED.

There are the Matchups, you decide the outcome.

Om, ok, what are DT's?

Clefo
08-16-2001, 06:49 PM
Dark Templars

Tie Guy
08-16-2001, 08:21 PM
I don't have the game, or know anything about it, but the protoss sound really cool, so i chose them.

Lord JayVizIon
08-16-2001, 09:26 PM
yeah tie, they are pretty good, but they are pretty freaking expensive. i only mess with them on single player, but in multiplayer, if youre up against the zergs the protoss may not be a good choice. the stats even show it on battle.net.

they have the strongest, best looking units but you have to be pretty nifty to gather all the resources you can to build a good army.

observer_20000
08-16-2001, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
yeah tie, they are pretty good, but they are pretty freaking expensive. i only mess with them on single player, but in multiplayer, if youre up against the zergs the protoss may not be a good choice. the stats even show it on battle.net.

they have the strongest, best looking units but you have to be pretty nifty to gather all the resources you can to build a good army.

You just have to use more probes then usual, for resource gathering, how many do you usually use? I usually use 12 per Mineral field, and 5 probes per Vespene Geyser, and that provides just about enough to fend off any early attacks.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-17-2001, 12:17 AM
The Protoss are awesome. They're far more technologically advanced than the others. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could wipe out all the other races, except that that idiot Aldaris always has to mess it up for Tassadar and Zeratul! :mad:

Lord JayVizIon
08-17-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Clefo
Yeah Warcraft III looks awesome, I imagine it would take up Blizzards time


yeah! have you seen the newest movie for it? i mean it is unbelievable how they come out with those movies they have for blizzard. it's not coming til next year but damn.

xwing guy
08-17-2001, 05:34 PM
yeah, and I haven't even heard anything about them talking about a SC2.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-17-2001, 06:48 PM
Here's something interesting though. Blizzard has already bought the url www.starcraft2.com or maybe its www.starcrafttwo.com but anyway, why would they buy that unless SC2 is coming out? :D

xwing guy
08-18-2001, 10:42 PM
Alright the first link didn't work and the second one wasn't even related to SC2.

Tie Guy
08-18-2001, 11:07 PM
www.starcrafttwo.com hasn't been bought yet, that page means that you can buy it if you want.

xwing guy
08-18-2001, 11:19 PM
oh... I see, is there anything on SC2 on Blizzards site?

Kvan
08-18-2001, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by xwing guy
oh... I see, is there anything on SC2 on Blizzards site?
Nope, not a thing:(

xwing guy
08-18-2001, 11:40 PM
So I guess we just have to wait.:( Seems like we have to do that a lot now days.

Kvan
08-18-2001, 11:42 PM
Yup. I don't think they are going to say anything until War3 is out, which god knows when that will be released! :(