PDA

View Full Version : How will online ladders work for JO?

ps2maddenman
02-19-2002, 12:31 PM
I am very interested in this subject as I have never participated in a "ladder" game in a FPS, anything of relevance is appreciated.

:)

StAtilXl
02-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Probably the same as cases ladder or battlestats...
if you beat someone above you, you move up in ranks
say u r 10th place and you beat the 1st place guy i think you will move up too 5th place at least thats how i remember it
it all depends on the place and the way they do things

ps2maddenman
02-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Is that reflected in-game or do you have to go to a webpage to view the stats?

StAtilXl
02-19-2002, 12:49 PM
webpage usually
the winner or looser depending on the place has to report there loss/win
and the ladders have lots of stats and rate u..

ps2maddenman
02-19-2002, 12:58 PM
Oh, so it isn't done internally by the server then? It is like a honor system for clans/etc?? Maybe that is why I haven't been interested, now if there was a "ranking" type system (in other words, you must be ranked a certain # or have played X amount of games) to enter a match, that would be nice, anyone have any ideas on how this can be implemented?

Agen
02-19-2002, 01:17 PM
Like Worms Armageddon used to have :D that was good until people would let anyone in above a certain rankin, then they done the same to the lower... kinda split the whole community.

StAtilXl
02-19-2002, 01:31 PM
when i used to play in ladders i would always take a SS so if they didnt report in you send it to the admin of the ladder

DeathBoLT
02-19-2002, 02:09 PM
im not sure how ngworld stats operates, as i never really got into that aspect of ut.. i always played on ogl ladder, etc.

statx's description of cases ladder is roughly accurate.. it operates on a honor system as far as reporting goes and you don't run into tremendous problems as far as people not reporting losses, but if you take a ss, you typically have a good argument.

StAtilXl
02-19-2002, 02:16 PM
yeah who knows they could have ngworld stats in it
but ive never really played UT either i have no idea how that works