PDA

View Full Version : Chat with Raven developers!

Imp Destroyer
02-24-2002, 02:15 PM
there is a chat on March 1 on GamesDomain with 4 of the lead Raven people!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

here's the link for those of you who don't have it, you have to sign up to chat!

http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/chat/index.html#

B0MBER II
02-24-2002, 02:18 PM
1pm eastern time!? blah I'll be in school!

... maybe not...

CaptainRAVE
02-24-2002, 02:20 PM
Thank you for letting us know......I dont know what im going to ask yet :confused:

SaberPro
02-24-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by B0MBER II
1pm eastern time!? blah I'll be in school!

... maybe not...

1 p.m. Eastern....10 a.m. PST....argh math class...does it HAVE TO BE an inconvenient time for the chat?

nWo? New World Order? Heh you watch wrestling?

CaptainRAVE
02-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Well this is the first chat that is actually 100% convenient for Europe. You Americans have had all the other chats to yourselves...I think now its our turn. About 3 chats to you, and none for us so far :mad:

Indy4
02-24-2002, 03:32 PM
ask abo the demo please!!!!!!!!!

SEYA

B0MBER II
02-24-2002, 04:41 PM
I might skip that day, hey it's a FRIDAY

And I am getting back into wrestling thx to that new angle nWo

Ihatetheblind
02-24-2002, 04:56 PM
I am lazE,

but if some could ask about light saber damage I that would be great.(ie chopping stuff up, leaving any marks on bodies, doing anything other than just knocking people back).

digl
02-24-2002, 09:01 PM
great!
I registered already :D

The Truthful Liar
02-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Awsome - This will be perfect for us.. um Euro-Users :D

Cheers ;)

Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-24-2002, 10:11 PM
Grahm Fuchs? Man... what a name.

Syko
02-24-2002, 10:24 PM
How about we turn this into a list of questions that should be asked? Each person should post a question or list of questions that they'd like asked, because I know I'll be in school when that happens and I want to know about a few things. I'll start this off:

- Will there be a demo? If so, when can we expect one?
- Will Raven be monitoring the forums more often/at all?
- Will there be a Linux port of the server software? Will it come with the game or will it come out later?
- Will the new scripting language be the only way to code for the game, or will we get and SDK like for Half-Life?
- Will editing tools and such come with the game or will it be downloadable over the Internet?
- Will the game be on 1 or 2 CDs?
- Is there any estimated date/time in March as to when this game will be released? Like mid-March, late-March, never... ?

I think that's enough to get this going :)

digl
02-24-2002, 10:29 PM
- Will editing tools and such come with the game or will it be downloadable over the Internet?
unsupported downloads
- Will the game be on 1 or 2 CDs?
1- Is there any estimated date/time in March as to when this game will be released? Like mid-March, late-March, never... ?
late march

Sturmgewehr
02-24-2002, 10:35 PM
All I want to know...

-Will there be a demo? If so, when?
-Will there be a linux port of the server software?

Pedro The Hutt
02-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Just one disc? Ah shoot.. no easy Lan gaming against my sis this time around. ah wait correction.. no LAN gaming what so ever. ^.^ bah.

Sturmgewehr
02-24-2002, 10:44 PM
A lot of games you only need the CD to start it. Once it's running, you can take the disc out and start it on another computer - enabling you to play on multiple computers with just one CD. Perhaps it will be the same way with Jedi Knight II.

B0MBER II
02-24-2002, 10:56 PM
ok

it is offical

i am skipping school for this chat, look what LEC and Raven are making me DO!!!

DeathBoLT
02-25-2002, 12:09 AM
my primary concern: Will the effect of gaining additional momentum when you turn sharply be present. Even tho it was probably a bug, it turned out to be a really nice aspect giving the player additional control over speed, etc.

secondary concern: Will force speed in MP have any limitations on it(i.e. will it have a cool down period, be a heavy mana consumer, etc.)

If someone could ask the primary, and maybe the secondary, I would be greatful. I probably will not be able to make as I live in the United States and I have a class to attend at that time.

Ulic Quel Droma
02-25-2002, 01:50 AM
What time will that be in New Zealand? :D

^_^; no wonder i failed math class :P

the sign up wont let me use my email!!!! :(

The Truthful Liar
02-25-2002, 02:27 AM
ONLY ONE QUESTION.... which could result in many more though :D

1: Force "Persuasion" in Multi-Player, I hear you become invisible. Are you only rendered un-seeable by the other player(s) or do you also experience the same effect? (Meaning while you are in 3rd person, and if you turn on Persuasion, do you turn invisible?)

If you do, that is a GREAT disadvantage since you don't really have a proper clue where you are aiming at. (yes I realize there is the crosshair, but it still insn't a peachy situation)

Yep, and if they tell me 'tough luck'... why I aughta..... grrr......

Cheers ;)

Broode
02-25-2002, 02:38 AM
Wait... doesnt that make it 1am Saturday for us here in Australia? A bit inconveinient, but I might be able to make it.

Indy4
02-27-2002, 08:34 PM
ask abot the demo and realse date

SEYA

gamebooger
02-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Imp Destroyer
there is a chat on March 1 on GamesDomain with 4 of the lead Raven people!!!!!!!!

here's the link for those of you who don't have it, you have to sign up to chat!

Let's hope I can make it. Thanks for telling us.

ryudom
02-27-2002, 08:54 PM
only ONE cd???

are you sure? where'd you hear that? i find i weird that the original JK has two cds while the new JO has only one? games like diablo 2 have 3cds or more...

MrWhosit
02-27-2002, 09:02 PM
bomberII, saberpro, I'm with you...damn school! hmm, maybe i can get on the chat from one of the oh-so-crappy imacs public schools insist on getting...:D

SaberPro
02-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by MrWhosit
bomberII, saberpro, I'm with you...damn school! hmm, maybe i can get on the chat from one of the oh-so-crappy imacs public schools insist on getting...:D

Hey man. Welcome to the forum :)

Well at least our school computers ain't the ever so colorful and weird-shaped I-Macs...we got black Dells 933Mhz's....pretty damn nice computers for schools. 10A.M....damn i can only be in our Tech Lab at 8A.M. PST...to 9A.M. PST...argh!

SaberPro
02-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Imp Destroyer

Just a little trivial side note about your post:

Highlight all of your happy faces and see what it looks like! They look like MONKEYS!! :lol:

Syko
02-27-2002, 09:42 PM
My school (well, my shop) has nice new black Dell 1GHz's :) too bad i won't be in shop. damnit. oh no, wait a second...heh heh. when is the chat again? maybe i WILL be in shop, in which case i'll be attending...

damnit nevermind. it's this friday which means i'll be in academics. i hate you all.

Master Sam
02-27-2002, 09:58 PM
Just a little trivial side note about your post: Highlight all of your happy faces and see what it looks like! They look like MONKEYS!!

Good work SaberPro, keep it up.

:D try this one :( :( :( :( and this one :o :o :o

as for the chat, I'll just wait for someone to type it up :yoda:

ESE_SithEmperor
02-27-2002, 10:05 PM
I have a funny feeling also something will happen on Friday.

1) Possiable more information Released on KOTR
2) JKII Chat Discuission
3) Maybe JKII will go GOLD!
4) Release of the JKII Demo

NoodlyGod
02-27-2002, 10:32 PM
I'll also be in school and I can only think of one question that was quasi-addressed earlier.

Will the bodies actually fly 30 feet back when you hit them with the light saber?

If someone could post that question too them, or if someone could save the chat and post it here in the forums that'd be great. Thanks- NoodlyGod

MrWhosit
02-28-2002, 06:00 AM
noodly, they usually post transcripts of the chats, so if you miss it, you can at least see what was said.

Indy4
02-28-2002, 06:28 PM
will there be a transcript?
forget it
they said yes there wil be a transcript
SEYA

Master Sam
02-28-2002, 06:30 PM
I also have that question noodly. If someone could, please ask about that. Thanks.

TUS_Tomcat
03-01-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by ryudom
only ONE cd???

are you sure? where'd you hear that? i find i weird that the original JK has two cds while the new JO has only one? games like diablo 2 have 3cds or more...

JK had huge ass videos inbetween... they take a LOT of space...

Since cutscenes are rendered by the ingame engine for JO, they dont take up that much space...

Andrewfus_SMC
03-01-2002, 07:44 AM
yeah.. videos are big. personally, im gonna miss that part. i looked forward to finishing a level so i could see them. yes, the acting was a little campy, but thats ok. actually, kyle was done pretty well, and i didnt mind jan. jerek was awful. ugh.

just think, if mots had cinematics, we could FINALLY have a human face to ascribe to Mara Jade!!

mmm... mara...

hehe

i didnt mind the in game scenes in Alice. and, of course, they are having fully animated cutscenes. which is /OK/, but personally, im gonna miss the full motion video.

but im still gonna buy it all the same, i mean, its JKO!!!

how can you complain to much about that?!

UniKorn
03-01-2002, 09:05 AM
What time would that be in GMT?

Anakin
03-01-2002, 09:14 AM
8pm I think Uni

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 09:43 AM
London time is the same as GMT, so it'll be at 6pm at GMT time (UK and Portugal), and 7pm at CET (rest of Europe).

I'll be atending it.

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 10:05 AM
Just to let everybody know that all 3 Raven developers are already in the GD chat, but obviously with PVT messages off and in a locked room, but they're there! :)

EDIT: 2 of them left. Only Steve R. is there now

[SWS]Strider
03-01-2002, 10:21 AM
I'll be there.

SaberPro
03-01-2002, 10:33 AM
Argh I can only be online right now....ugh ugh :(

Silent_Thunder
03-01-2002, 11:10 AM
"secondary concern: Will force speed in MP have any limitations on it(i.e. will it have a cool down period, be a heavy mana consumer, etc.) " DeathBolt

Apparently the limitions will be the fact that it only lasts 5 seconds, and that while you are "force speeding" you won't regian any mana. So I assume if you keep using force speed over and over after it runs out, then you'll be out of force pwoer real quick.

Silent_Thunder
03-01-2002, 11:32 AM
Does anyone know how I go about actually getting into the chat?

I've signed up, logged in, and got to this page.:

You can navigate Games Domain without closing chat.

Closing this browser window will disconnect you.

If you have difficulty, please check our help pages.

So how do I go about actually getting into the chat, and waiting for it to start?

Thanks alot.

grumpycrab
03-01-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Silent_Thunder
Does anyone know how I go about actually getting into the chat?

I've signed up, logged in, and got to this page.:

You can navigate Games Domain without closing chat.

Closing this browser window will disconnect you.

If you have difficulty, please check our help pages.

So how do I go about actually getting into the chat, and waiting for it to start?

Thanks alot.

Same happens to me. Has it started yet? (6PM GMT)
--
Grumps

Silent_Thunder
03-01-2002, 12:15 PM
I guess I'm not the only one then...

According to my clock, the chat should've started 10 minutes ago... (10:10 AM PST)

10 AM Pacific time is the same as 6 PM GMT, right?

grumpycrab
03-01-2002, 12:18 PM
Still nothing for me at 18:17 GMT. Is the chat actually working for anybody?
--
Grumps

txa1265
03-01-2002, 12:20 PM
No ... I keep getting an error window about connecting to the digichat server ... perhaps that is some form of busy signal ...

grumpycrab
03-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Works with Netscape!
--
Grumps

Silent_Thunder
03-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Time to download netscape...

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:31 PM
Chat has started and in regard for a demo:

"Just wait and see"

Also there will be a mix of in-game and pre-rendered cinematics

Silent_One
03-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Not for me!
Nope. Not going to download Netscape. Nope. Not gonna!

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Another 2 relevations

THere will be NO blood in JKII... and Kyle is Vader's father!!

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:34 PM
And you'll need to use the light saber quite a bit to complete the game. you can't end it without using it

madrebel
03-01-2002, 12:35 PM
im a bit disappointed they are only "looking into" a linux server.

this game has to have a linux server to do well online. it just has to have one.

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Slow-down in camera can be turn on and off in the menus

Sorry about so many postings, but i'm trying to keep you guys into the news as fast as i can

digl
03-01-2002, 12:37 PM
and they met Billy Dee Williams :D

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:43 PM
I tried asking if the game's online piracy control will be using a CDKEY or something similar to HL or RTCW... let's see if they answer...

TUS_Tomcat
03-01-2002, 12:46 PM
personally i think the question picking is a bit lacking

i ean like:

How cool is Episode 2 going to be?

WTF? that has like ZERO to do with JO?!?!?

and i posted some interesting questions but those arent picked!

lol :)

TUS_Tomcat
03-01-2002, 12:48 PM
your Q was posted but theres no answer :(

maybe theyll post it still

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:51 PM
They report they're very close to going gold

Sturmgewehr
This developer chat has turned out to be very disappointing.

I did learn, however, from one of the devs, that Darth Vader is in fact Luke Skywalker's father. Very interesting...

grumpycrab
"very close" to going gold!
--
Grumps

digl
03-01-2002, 12:53 PM
do you like the simpsons or futurama?:confused:
why this chats always turn like this :(

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:53 PM
and they do not fear releasing a not good enuff game. so i guess that's a good sign

i mean i asked a good enuff question about cdkeys and stuff and they didn't even answered but they answer a question about if they like the simpsons???
WTF?

CaptainRAVE
03-01-2002, 12:54 PM
I dont see what new stuff they can tell us anyway. I dont want to know too much more, otherwise it will spoil the game. I demo question will HAVE to be asked though :D

Sturmgewehr
03-01-2002, 12:55 PM
So pretty much we aren't going to get any new information. Though they did tell us we'll be able to choose our lightsaber color in MP, oh wait, we knew that a very long time ago. I wish they had actually answered that guys question, it was a good question.

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 12:56 PM
I tried asking again. let's see if it gets posted.
and there will be NO double edged lightsabers

Sturmgewehr
03-01-2002, 12:57 PM
That was a good question L3onheart, and they just totally ignored it. Punks.

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 01:00 PM
DOES MATT GROENING ACTUALLY HAVE YELLOW SKIN????

They put and answer that kind of questions instead of mine? YESH!

What kind of ship is the Raven's Claw??? HELLO!!!??? Aren't we more interested in actual technical aspects of the game and it's gameplay??

Kurgan
03-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Stopped in briefly.. then realized I have no relevant questions to ask!

Ah well... have fun guys. Gotta catch my class...

And I agree, it's pretty stupid when they answer questions that are totally unrelated to the discussion over and above relevant ones. ; p

TUS_Tomcat
03-01-2002, 01:05 PM
sigh... i agree

i asked if saber colors are limited to presets or fully customisable three times, but no the simpsons and rogue squadron 2 and ....

sorry but it is a bit disappointing

coolest thing i heard was about being able to challenge folks for a 1v1 fight during a FFA game...

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 01:06 PM
Asked about CDKEY and if we'll see Max in the game... let's see if they answer ANY of them

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 01:07 PM
Well they said there will be no MAX, but yet again they avoided the CDKEY issue.... have i touched on an issue they are having... "problems" without me knowing? :)

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 01:09 PM
And it's over. Geez what a rip off of a chat!!!

TUS_Tomcat
03-01-2002, 01:09 PM
sigh it's over... no answer on the saber color Q

Sturmgewehr
03-01-2002, 01:11 PM
"what is the likelihood that a demo will be released before the release of the full game?"

"How many skins will be available for multiplayer? Will there be any that aren't taken from the singleplayer portion of Jedi Knight II?"

These questions I asked, not posted.

The cow level gets posted and answered, the CDKey question gets posted twice, ingored twice.

"How many Jedi does it take to screw in a lightbulb?", that gets asked.

What is with these guys?

madrebel
im all but 100% positive you can createcustom saber skins.

Neonix
Great, but about that question concerning the Demo, was that "wait and see" a serious answer

TUS_Tomcat
03-01-2002, 01:12 PM
lots of sighs by me...

digl
I asked about passive powers in MP and other stuff, and they didnt pick any of my questions :mad:

half or more of the questions were useless, even more than in LEC official chats
and two times they avoided the cdkey question
why they make chats If they wont give away info:mad:

I wonder if there will be simpsons easter eggs...

madrebel
Originally posted by Sturmgewehr
"what is the likelihood that a demo will be released before the release of the full game?"

"How many skins will be available for multiplayer? Will there be any that aren't taken from the singleplayer portion of Jedi Knight II?"

These questions I asked, not posted.

The cow level gets posted and answered, the CDKey question gets posted twice, ingored twice.

"How many Jedi does it take to screw in a lightbulb?", that gets asked.

What is with these guys? they probably ignored the cdkey question so crackers dont have any information before the game is released.

probably wont matter though. the single player game will still get cracked and released probably before the CD hit the shelves.

L3onheart
Yes, it was a serious answer

Neonix
03-01-2002, 01:15 PM
Just moments ago i got struck by a tought, and when that happens it happens for real.

1. a JK demo will be availeble VERY VERY SOON!!!

2. I'm gonna get sexed up real good toni--- errr irelevant to say.

3. The VERY VERY SOON!!! issue will be tonight. i swear it.

Though if im wrong about the JK demo point 2 will come true *shuttup*

"oke"

ps2maddenman
03-01-2002, 01:15 PM
I asked the "how many jedi does it take to screw in a lightbulb" because they weren't giving any real answers, just beating around the bush, so I started asking stupid questions.

Neonix
03-01-2002, 01:17 PM
AAAH so your the one screwing up the chat, huh

If you all just had asked the question Will there be a CD-KEY they would have answered it blah:D joking off course;)

L3onheart
03-01-2002, 01:17 PM
what a lame chat!

[SWS]Strider
03-01-2002, 01:18 PM
I caught the last of it. No new info really.

Sturmgewehr
03-01-2002, 01:21 PM
They(people asking questions) didn't screw up the chat. They just started posting stupid questions because none of their questions were getting through, then the moderators (unexpectedly) started passing the stupid questions through.

All in all, that chat was a big fat waste of time.

ps2maddenman
03-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Well, we did learn that the lightsaber, Flechette, Thermal Detonators, and weapon #6 were the best in MP. lol

TUS_Tomcat
03-01-2002, 01:30 PM
and Matt Groening really has yellow skin and is two dimensional :)

Sturmgewehr
03-01-2002, 01:38 PM
Who is Matt Groening anyway?

And what's wrong with saying "We aren't allowed to give out that information at this time." instead of ignoring people's questions. It seems more like they just weren't paying attention.

Agen
03-01-2002, 01:45 PM
The guy who came up with the Simpsons

CaptainRAVE
03-01-2002, 01:46 PM
Well I totally forgot and thought it was on March 6th......at least I didnt miss much :D

Silent Wolf
03-01-2002, 01:49 PM
no doubt they were distracted by the sounds of an intense lightsaber battle between the ceo of lucas arts and raven in the background.

LA ceo: MUAHAHA FORCE GRIP OWNS U!!!

Raven CEO: *force pushes his oppenent down an elevator shaft*

LA ceo: fine...fine...no demo

Raven CEO: SPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Truthful Liar
03-01-2002, 01:49 PM
aaaaahhhhh!!! It was Aevil I tell you, aevil!! :p

Also - madrebel - you're aevil!! That's mah l33t Avatar!! :D

Cheers ;)

(P.S. I missed most of the chat)