PDA

View Full Version : Outcast on the Zone(2/28/02)

Obi
02-28-2002, 02:49 PM
<font color=cbcbff> Here is your proof. My friend found this on a lucky guess.

Zone Jedi Outcast Page (http://zone.msn.com/jedioutcast/default.asp?hb=f)

Justus
02-28-2002, 02:55 PM
That looks promising! Kind of makes you wonder if a demo IS on the horizon somewhere, because back in the day when the Jedi Knight demo was released the Zone set up a page for it a few weeks ahead of time... Not bad. Too bad they don't have a room set up where we could go in and chat or something...

Zodiac
02-28-2002, 02:57 PM
WHOA! :D :D

some people have been hiding something from us hehe *looks at Ravensoft and LEC*

digl
02-28-2002, 03:02 PM
great find Obi!
Altough Ill never play there, good find anyway :D

Zodiac
02-28-2002, 03:02 PM
Mannn.. even the links to tips and getting started work!! :D
OMG they even have a serious explanation of how every weapon work!

Do you know your blasters from your thermal detonators? Below are the descriptions of weapons you will find in Jedi Outcast. Get to know them well! Also described are the weapons' primary and secondary modes of fire and, in parentheses, the key that will select those weapons.

Stun Baton (1)
Description: You will want to think about finding another weapon if this is the only one you are holding. Most likely you will be dead before you get in close enough to shock anyone.

Primary: Baton extends and shocks opponent. Inflicts minor damage.

Secondary: N/A

Lightsaber (1)
Description: The lightsaber is and energy blade and is definitely an awesome weapon. It is deadly, versatile, and it's impossible not to look cool when you wield it.

Primary: Swings lightsaber to slash opponent.

Secondary: Throws lightsaber to strike opponent from a short distance. Lightsaber returns automatically.

Blaster Pistol (2)
Description: This is your default weapon. It is slow to fire, but extremely accurate and inflicts a decent amount of damage.

Primary: Single-shot, pinpoint laser blast.

Secondary: Hold down fire button, then release to fire a concentrated burst of energy. This mode depletes ammo more rapidly.

Blaster Rifle (3)
Description: The mainstay of Imperial forces, the E-11 Blaster Rifle lays down a respectable amount of firepower, especially in secondary fire mode. Keep a constant eye on your ammo supply, because the E-11 drains it quickly.

Primary: Single-shot, moderately accurate laser blast.

Secondary: Full-auto fire with reduced accuracy.

Disruptor (4)
Description: A brutal weapon, the DXR-6 Disruptor destroys at the molecular level. The shot reaches the target instantaneously, making it the most accurate pinpoint weapon available. Add a scope in secondary fire mode and you can kill from a great distance.

Primary: Single-shot, low rate of fire, instant attack.

Secondary: Same as primary fire, but with a scope.

Bowcaster (5)
Description: Chewie's preferred weapon, the Bowcaster is powerful but tricky to use. Its energy blast travels slowly, making a distant target difficult to hit. The primary fire mode gives you a slow-firing shotgun option.

Primary: Single-shot bolt of energy. Hold and release fire button for shotgun effect.

Secondary: Single-shot energy bolt that ricochets off hard surfaces.

Repeater (6)
Description: No other weapon can fill a room with molten metal as effectively as the Heavy Repeater. Hold down the trigger and watch your enemies fall. Or give them a loving nudge with your concussion grenade launcher.

Primary: Full-auto metallic bolt firing assault rifle.

Secondary: Single-shot concussion grenade launcher.

DEMP 2 (7)
Description: This pulse rifle fires highly charged ion bursts, effective for draining your opponent's shields. Switch to another weapon to finish them off, since the DEMP 2 doesn't do much damage otherwise.

Primary: Single-shot ion blast.

Secondary: Charged shot creating an instantaneous shock wave (like a concussion grenade launcher).

Flechette (8)
Description: Like a shotgun, the Flechette fires in a wide pattern. Watch out for ricocheting shards of metal -- the shot you meant for your enemy could come back to bite you.

Primary: Single-shot, shotgun-like blast.

Secondary: Dual delayed explosion shrapnel grenades.

Merr Sonn (9)
Description: A rocket launcher is your friend when your target is far away, but don't go using your Merr Sonn in tight spaces.

Primary: Single unguided missile.

Secondary: Single guided missile. It takes a second for your aiming reticle to lock on to a target. Fire when the reticle turns red.

Thermal Detonator (0)
Description: Handy for clearing rooms, the high-energy blast of a Thermal Detonator melts anything within its blast radius . . . including you if you aren't paying attention.

Primary: Delayed explosion (good for rolling down staircases or into pits).

Secondary: Contact explosion (especially effective if you are accurate enough to throw it directly at your opponent).

Trip Mine (0)
Description: Lay down trip mines in passageways or doors. It takes a second for the trip beam to trigger but once deployed, anyone who breaks the beam (including yourself) will set off a deadly explosion.

Primary: Deploys mine at your feet (can be deployed on the move).

Secondary: N/A

Detpack (0)
Description: Similar to a Trip Mine, the Detpack is a small explosive that causes lots of nice damage. Instead of a trip beam, however, you trigger the device remotely, allowing you to set up ambushes that are more difficult to spot (since there are no blue trigger beams to give away the position of the trap).

Primary: Deploys explosive at your feet (can be deployed on the move).

Secondary: Triggers all set charges at once.

Awesome guessing! this looks very promising :D

CaptainRAVE
02-28-2002, 03:05 PM
Thanx for the info....look at the hints + tips and look at info on force powers etc

Common Force Powers
Jump
Duration Immediate

Effect Extremely high jumps

Level 1 2x normal jump

Level 2 4x normal jump

Level 3 8x normal jump

Speed
Duration 5 seconds

Effect Super fast run

Level 1 25% faster than normal

Level 2 50% faster than normal

Level 3 75% faster than normal

Push
Duration Immediate

Effect Push objects; deflect missiles; defend against Force Pull/Grip attacks

Level 1 Specific enemy pushed back

Level 2 Multiple enemies pushed back (within limited arc)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with enough force to do damage

Pull
Duration Immediate

Effect Pulls enemy toward you; can disarm (blasters); defend against Push attacks

Level 1 Pulls single enemy toward you

Level 2 Pulls multiple enemies (within limited arc)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with enough force to knock them down

Seeing
Duration Immediate

Effect Improves vision depth/width; puts visible aura around enemy; counters Mind Trick

Level 1 Highlights enemy with aura (normal duration)

Level 2 Auras visible through walls (double duration)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with triple duration and you can dodge sniper fire

Force Powers (Light Side)
Protect
Duration Variable

Effect Protects against physical attacks

Level 1 50% damage blocked

Level 2 75% damage blocked

Level 3 87.5% damage blocked

Absorb
Duration Continuous

Effect Absorbs damage from Force Power attacks; turns energy from attack into Force Power for you

Level 1 33% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Level 2 66% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Level 3 100% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Heal
Duration Immediate

Effect Heals damage from all attacks

Level 1 Regain 10 health

Level 2 Regain 25 health

Level 3 Regain 50 health

Mind Trick
Duration 20-30 seconds

Effect Turns you invisible to other players

Level 1 Invisibility to single target for 20 seconds

Level 2 Invisibility to any target within view for 25 seconds

Level 3 Invisibility to all players for 30 seconds

Team Heal
Duration Immediate

Effect Heals other team members (50 health to 1 player; 33 health to 2; 25 health to 3+)

Level 1 Normal range

Level 2 1.5x normal range

Level 3 3x normal range

Force Powers (Dark Side)
Grip
Duration Immediate

Effect Chokes enemy players (except for Level 3, you can't move while applying this power)

Level 1 Enemy is immobile (but undamaged) for 5 seconds

Level 2 Same as Level 1, but with damage to enemy

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but you can move and also smash enemy into walls/objects for more damage, or use him as a shield

Drain
Duration Variable

Effect Drains Force Powers from enemy and applies them to your health

Level 1 Drains 10 Force Points, heals same amount

Level 2 Drains 15 Force Points/sec., heals same amount

Level 3 Drains any target within limited arc at 20 points/sec., heals same amount

Lightning
Duration Variable

Effect Electric shock attack

Level 1 Single bolt, instant damage

Level 2 Sustained lightning attack

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but will attack any target within a limited arc

Rage
Duration 10-30 seconds

Effect Frenzy of speed; drains your health; healing time matches usage

Level 1 10-second Rage; 10-second health recovery

Level 2 20-second Rage; 20-second health recovery

Level 3 30-second Rage; 30-second health recovery

Dark Rage (more powerful Rage) Fire 33% faster; move 2x faster; decrease damage taken by 50%; can't die. Recovery after Dark Rage: Fire 50% slower; move at 75% normal speed

Team Energize
Duration Immediate

Effect Gives teammates Force energy (50 points to 1 player; 33 to 2; 25 to 3+)

Level 1 Normal range

Level 3 3x normal range

:D

Obi
02-28-2002, 03:06 PM
<font color=cbcbff> Cow that is HOLY! It gives an exact description of all of the force powers and their effects. Including seeing! On the tips page!

Obi
02-28-2002, 03:08 PM
<font color=cbcbff> Team heal, team energize, force rage, force seeing!

MRJ
02-28-2002, 03:09 PM
I bet when you were kids (OK, some of you still *are* kids :p) you were the kind who shook all their Christmas presents to find out what sounds they made, and raided mom & dad's closets looking for toys... :p

Obi
02-28-2002, 03:11 PM
<font color=cbcbff> .....Sorry.....

Bartolo_JCS
02-28-2002, 03:19 PM
omgomgogmogmogmogmgogmog

hehe

CaptainRAVE
02-28-2002, 03:24 PM
I dont get how there can be a patch for it already though

Downloads

gamename Update Patch v. 1.1

The 1.1 update fixes several minor bugs from the original game. An issue with selecting the Modify feature after deselecting Full Install has been fixed. A crash in the editor has been eliminated. Wookiee Carbon collection and Rebel Farming have their proper bonuses, and Heavy Artillery does correct damage. If the update cannot locate the game on your system, you must first reinstall the game. Note that you must run the game after installing the update before playing on the Zone!

Weird

Desslock
02-28-2002, 03:26 PM
I think Microsoft, Raven and LEC are all slamming their heads against the walls screaming 'Doh'! :D

By the way, Im copying the information because this will surely be deleted or moved soon.

Nice find Obi. :)

Nevermind about patch...

I guess its a place holder of sorts.

Obi
02-28-2002, 03:26 PM
<font color=cbcbff> Rebel farming? Wookiee Collection? That doesn't sound like Jedi Outcast to me.

Aevron
02-28-2002, 03:27 PM
That patch is for Galactic Battlegrounds.. I'm not certain why its in the JK2 section..

Justus
02-28-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MRJ
I bet when you were kids (OK, some of you still *are* kids :p) you were the kind who shook all their Christmas presents to find out what sounds they made, and raided mom & dad's closets looking for toys... :p

Of course I did! You mean to tell me you didn't? :)

Obi
<font color=cbcbff> Hey Aevron! It was Aevron's lucky guess, not mine. You should thank him. I just posted it. I guess I wasn't clear about that.

CaptainRAVE
Originally posted by Desslock
I think Microsoft, Raven and LEC are all slamming their heads against the walls screaming 'Doh'! :D

By the way, Im copying the information because this will surely be deleted or moved soon.

Nice find Obi. :)

Yea, they must be gutted....lol. Nice to have this information though......but it was definatly supposed to be released with the game and not before ;)

EDIT : This site must know about it seeing as their on the related sites ;)

Desslock
02-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Game modes found in getting started section:

Objective

Objectives in Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast depend on the game your host sets up:

Free For All
It's every Jedi for himself! All players begin with a blaster, lightsaber, and Force Powers (set by the host). Collect weapons, ammo, and health throughout the arena. The game ends when a player reaches the number of kills set by the host.

Holicron Free For All
Same as Free For All, but players start the game without any Force Powers. You must find Force Cubes throughout the arena. Force Cubes give you level-3 Force Powers. You can collect and hold up to three Force Powers, but picking up a fourth will automatically drop the first power you picked up.

Team Free For All
Two Jedi teams go head-to-head, starting with blasters, lightsabers and Force Powers. The first team to reach the kill limit (set by the host) wins.

Capture the Flag
Capture the opposing team's flag and bring it back to your base. At the same time, defend your flag and keep it from being taken back to enemy territory.

Points are earned for picking up the enemy's flag; taking the flag back to your base; killing an opponent who carries your team's flag; defending your team's flag base; and even defending your teammate if that teammate carries the enemy flag.

Capture the Ysalimiri
Same as Capture the Flag but the flag is replaced by a colored branch with a lizard clinging to it. The lizard is a Ysalimiri, a creature that has the power to drain a Jedi of all his Force Powers. The Jedi who carries this "flag" will be unable to use his Force Powers in his efforts to reach his home base. Likewise, enemy Jedi Powers will be ineffective against the flag carrier.

Duel
Two Jedi warriors face off while everyone else watches through floating cameras. The victorious Jedi will fight the next Jedi in line, while the defeated warrior will go to the end of the queue and wait for their next opportunity to fight. The first player to reach the kill limit set by the host, wins.

Jedi Master
Similar to a King of the Hill game. Players will start with default weapons, but no lightsabers. A single lightsaber will be located somewhere in the arena. The first player to pick up the lightsaber becomes the Jedi Master and gets all Force Powers, but can only use his powers and his lightsaber to fight off his opponents. All other players will have to try to kill the Jedi Master and take the lightsaber for themselves.

To make things interesting, the host can choose to turn on "Friendly Fire" so that any time a non-Jedi player inadvertently kills another non-Jedi player, a point is given to the Jedi Master.

Obi
02-28-2002, 03:37 PM
<font color=cbcbff> I'm starting to feel very bad about this. I didn't notice the full implications of what I was posting until just after I posted it. I meant to prove that the zone would be supported. Not give away <i>everything</i> about gameplay. I bet I'm blacklisted under the watchful eyes of Raven forever.

CaptainRAVE
02-28-2002, 03:38 PM
My favourite bit of info is.......

Lightsaber (1)
Description: The lightsaber is and energy blade and is definitely an awesome weapon. It is deadly, versatile, and it's impossible not to look cool when you wield it.

Primary: Swings lightsaber to slash opponent.

Secondary: Throws lightsaber to strike opponent from a short distance. Lightsaber returns automatically.

^Secondary looks interesting :D

Desslock
02-28-2002, 03:40 PM
Probably, but we knew most of the stuff in here. I never saw an official list of Game types, so that might be a bit undermining, as well as the variance in forcepowers. Some new stuff there.

Gah. Oopsie.

Besides, nothing in there about the storyline, so its not like this is an incredibly spoiling find. Heck, Im glad. I wanted an official list for a while. :)

CaptainRAVE
02-28-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Obi
<font color=cbcbff> I'm starting to feel very bad about this. I didn't notice the full implications of what I was posting until just after I posted it. I meant to prove that the zone would be supported. Not give away <i>everything</i> about gameplay. I bet I'm blacklisted under the watchful eyes of Raven forever.

Somebody really should email the staff at the zone.....they probably dont realize what they've done....(WRECKED EVEYTHING)!!....lol....seriously though they probably dont know

JEDI OUTCAST
02-28-2002, 03:43 PM
thank god some good news i have be asking a round and no one reply but now i know that msn is going to get it they are the best i love playing jedi knight

can not wait now ( or we all can not wait )

Binary
02-28-2002, 03:46 PM
Bah. The Zone is ghey... :eek:

The_One
02-28-2002, 03:49 PM
Repeater Gun secondary fire sounds most interesting. Bet some poor MSN guy will lose his job over this :p

madrebel
02-28-2002, 03:50 PM
well, hopefully the zone uses some sort of dedicated server browser instead of providing match making. dedicated server = better than player hosted servers.

in fact im going to have a saber only server running off my 1.1/1.1 sdsl line for sure the second i get the game(as long as it has linux dedicated server support that is).

god i hope the zone has a dedicated server browser. the chat rooms help provide a central community which is always good. but damn player hosted games to the depths of hell!

Obi
02-28-2002, 03:51 PM
<font color=cbcbff> Yeah, make me feel even better about myself, TheOne. There you go. Why don't you give me a nice paper cut and poor lemon juice in it.

Raze
02-28-2002, 03:53 PM
Force Powers (Dark Side)
Grip
Duration Immediate

[...]

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but you can move and also smash enemy into walls/objects for more damage, or use him as a shield

Haha, eliteness, use him as a shiled LOL :D

madrebel
02-28-2002, 03:55 PM
i wonder if causing damage to the gripper still stops a grip

Raze
02-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Jedi Outcast Pick-Ups

No Jedi can be victorious without a little help. The following items will heal you, defend you, and some will even fight for you. Pick them up whenever you find them! All items regenerate after a period of time, and they will always reappear in the same place. Memorize where these items are so you know where to go when you need them most.
Medpac
Medpacs need no explanation. Run over them when you need to replenish your health.
Bacta
These canisters of blue liquid also replenish your health. They are harder to find, but will give you a bigger boost of health compared to Medpacs.
Seeker
For a little backup, pick up this ball-shaped attack drone. It floats over your shoulder and fires at any attacker your fire at, adding its damaging beam to your own firepower.
Sentry
Running over a Sentry pick-up deploys a stationary gun platform for a limited period of time. The guns blast anyone within its range, except for the player who deployed it.
Stationary Shield
If some lowdown dirty Jedi is shooting you in the back as you are desperately trying to flee, a Stationary Shield pick-up will help cover your escape by firing up a deflection shield between you and your attacker. It won't move with you, but it could provide the extra seconds you need to get away. P
ersonal Shield
Picking up Personal Shields will give you protection against projectile weapons and lightsaber attacks. Beware of precipices and Jedi-flung boxes because the shields will not protect you against falling or crushing objects. Your health meter also has a green shield meter. When both rows of the meter are lit up, you are a happy Jedi.

Obi
02-28-2002, 03:58 PM
<font color=cbcbff> Push stops grip, so I assume nailing your attacker with a blaser bolt would be a means to the same end.

The_One
02-28-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Obi
<font color=cbcbff> Yeah, make me feel even better about myself, TheOne. There you go. Why don't you give me a nice paper cut and poor lemon juice in it.

Feeling guilty, eh?

SaberPro
02-28-2002, 04:41 PM
I hope that Zone.com doesn't lag like it does when I was playing JK I couple of years ago...

Will GameSpy support JKII?

madrebel
02-28-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by SaberPro
I hope that Zone.com doesn't lag like it does when I was playing JK I couple of years ago...

Will GameSpy support JKII? im all but 100% sure gamespy will support jko. as will the all seeing eye. there will also be an in game server browser.

digl
02-28-2002, 04:46 PM
I didnt have time to check everything before, I was in a hurry

Its amazing!!
long live Obi and Aevron !

ps2maddenman
02-28-2002, 05:01 PM
My only question is how many players will the zone support? If it doesn't support more than 8 most people will use Gamespy or some other means.

JR2000Z
02-28-2002, 05:04 PM
Did anybody download the patch?

Walker of Sky
02-28-2002, 05:11 PM
It's BootyFull!!!!!!

:ball:

My wish has come true....Well not exactly....But I wouldn't mind seeing Gamespy also host the game, it will give me more of a choice of places I'd like to go.

Eternity
02-28-2002, 05:19 PM
JR2: LOL! :P

Somebody really should email the staff at the zone.....they probably dont realize what they've done....(WRECKED EVEYTHING)!!....lol....seriously though they probably dont know

You're telling me you want that deleted? Whoa, Captain Rave, know when you got a leg up, man! Of course it didn't ruin everything, it's simply a list of game modes, force powers, and weapons that we all knew before. I didn't see one bit of information that I didn't already know.

If it was supposed to be 'top secret' like some of you think, they wouldn't put it online.

Take good news when it comes to you, this is a good harbringer of things to come!! :)

The Truthful Liar
02-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Welcome: Walker of the Sky to the jk2.net forums, I hope you have a nice stay and you should soon be getting those nice little chocolate medallions. :D

Now for my comment on this Topic:

Wow, I can't believe JK2 will be availiable throughout so many different places! (ie: zone, gamespy and that ingame browser)

Only problem is, lots of gamers will be split-up, so how will there be proper organization of tournaments... etc...??

Any thoughts on that?

Cheers ;)

Krayt Tion
02-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Holy Sith, that is some detailed in-your-face information. Leave it to the Zone to mess something up and drop the ball. Some of the things listed there I was hoping to discover in the game as unexpected surprises. Oh well!

Sentry guns! Kick ass! It is so awesome to be able to add an item like that to the game world. Sounds a little like sweet, sweet TFC.

Sentry
Running over a Sentry pick-up deploys a stationary gun platform for a limited period of time. The guns blast anyone within its range, except for the player who deployed it.

Seeker
For a little backup, pick up this ball-shaped attack drone. It floats over your shoulder and fires at any attacker your fire at, adding its damaging beam to your own firepower.

Sweet!

Stationary Shield
If some lowdown dirty Jedi is shooting you in the back as you are desperately trying to flee, a Stationary Shield pick-up will help cover your escape by firing up a deflection shield between you and your attacker. It won't move with you, but it could provide the extra seconds you need to get away.

Wow on all accounts. Could this also intefere with a Jedi and his fancy force speed? Buhaha. Roadblock? With this and tripmines Jedi aren't going to have it so easy against a NFer. :)

The Truthful Liar
02-28-2002, 05:37 PM
what can I say... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

woah... this is going to be alot more complicated/fun to learn and play...

must have....

GAME GAME GAME
:D :D :D

madrebel
02-28-2002, 05:43 PM
just to clear things up for those possibly confused out there.

gamespy, the all seeing eye, kali, and the in game browser all show the same games. these games are reported to a central server and thats how they are 'browsed'.

the zone, if they stick to their usualy protocol, only shows player hosted games that were created on the zone.

so the zone is the weakest link here.

tournaments, ladders, and leagues in my experience. are beest when the zone is not involved. there are quite a few great ladders/leagues out there. i suggest you join one.

Qel
02-28-2002, 05:58 PM
Thanks to Obi and his friend...

Zone has got all the info about the force powers and the weapons not to mention items and LECs Outcast page has not
even completed updating the weapons and force powers section.

Funny!:D

Qel

OnlyOneCanoli
02-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up, guys!

DeathBoLT
02-28-2002, 06:18 PM
Wow on all accounts. Could this also intefere with a Jedi and his fancy force speed? Buhaha. Roadblock? With this and tripmines Jedi aren't going to have it so easy against a NFer. :)

that was thing in JK FF.. you cut off one area, and they could beat you to the area you're heading too via force jump/speed combos..

DeathBoLT
02-28-2002, 06:24 PM
im thinking im going to like the Repeater and the DEMP2...... the merr-sonn rocket launcher looks pretty good too..

Desslock
02-28-2002, 06:24 PM
They ought to have a setting where you can choose between guns and jedi powers. Seems kind of silly a gunrunner can use extensive force powers and still be a master of weaponry. :rolleyes:

simon says
02-28-2002, 06:29 PM
Oh....my....god.....Lucas Arts is gonna be PISSED when they find out that the zone screwed up all the suspense! HOLY CRAP! Hey, with a Zone page up, maybe LA will announce JO going gold on Friday? Man i'm drooling

Kwup
02-28-2002, 07:00 PM
bah lets just hope that the zone supports at least 16 players in 1 game, no more of this 4 or 8 only crap

Desslock
02-28-2002, 07:03 PM
Zone will probably be around 12. If the zone is like JKI, then you'll be making listen servers for JKII. Everyone knows that a listen server is slower than a faster server because the processor is rendering screens as well as performing server functions. Perhaps though, they will let you browse dedicated servers. In which case, would be a good move for Raven/LEC/Microsoft in general because they will get more praise/attention/users.

Sorry for the /'s :)

WD_ToRMeNt
02-28-2002, 07:07 PM
OK two things, there is no way I'm playing on zone unless it displays dedicated servers. Having a ping of 150+ against a host with a ping of 0 is gay.

Secondly, somebody's gonna have to make a mod to fix speed. Only lasts 5 seconds?! 75% increase max!? pffffffft thanks for dumbing down jk2 !@#$ers.

Desslock
02-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by WD_ToRMeNt
OK two things, there is no way I'm playing on zone unless it displays dedicated servers. Having a ping of 150+ against a host with a ping of 0 is gay.

Secondly, somebody's gonna have to make a mod to fix speed. Only lasts 5 seconds?! pffffffft thanks for dumbing down jk2 !@#$.

Desslock = powerposter :D

Speed is fine. Its used to get out of a situation and open an attack. This will eliminate the speed freaks of JKI who constantly have speed on and generally play a game of stalemate, run past the guy and hope you hit him. Besides, it'll probably cost very little force.

MuRaSaMuNe
02-28-2002, 07:22 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST... GET.. !!!!!!:sweat: :freakout: :barf: :explode: :laughing:

WD_ToRMeNt
02-28-2002, 07:22 PM
*Sighs* Looks like JK2 will be dumbed down and gay out of the box. Some one better start thinking up a mod to fix speed and a few other things.

5 sec max and a (at best) 75% increase doesn't cut it.

ZePhyR
02-28-2002, 07:25 PM
I dunno if I like this or not. I like the idea of having the Zone community, but I'm guessing that after a while, the Zone will only be a place for the more casual players, as more serious gamers will know that dedicated servers are much better to play on.

Ulic Quel Droma
02-28-2002, 07:35 PM
If you were smart you wouldnt read any of that, it just makes the game meaningless and unfun.:o

Broode
02-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Torment, don't be so narrow minded. Just because its different to JK doesn't mean it wont be good.

How about trying it first before whining about how much you have to change your playing style to be any good?

Zodiac
02-28-2002, 07:54 PM
*Sighs* Looks like JK2 will be dumbed down and gay out of the box. Some one better start thinking up a mod to fix speed and a few other things.

5 sec max and a (at best) 75% increase doesn't cut it.
BAAH! I hate people like this wd_torment who wanted JK2 to be just like JK1, except with better graphics and a few slight adjustments. Now he's all upset the force powers aren't the same and that mapping and force_seeing aren't the same as in JK1 aahahahaha :D. "

Everybody told him: "JK2's gonna be a different game, prepare to be all newbie again :)!!"

But he was still stubborn, and now he's even asking for a mod to "fix"speed and a few other things. (*cough* translation: "Make a mod so JK2= JK1 with better graphics" *cough* ).

all I can say to him is:

L O L! :D

stop complaining, throw away your idea of becoming an instant "elite" in JK2, and prepare urself for some fun playful months where EVERYBODY's gonna be all NEWBIE again :D :D :D!

madrebel
02-28-2002, 08:11 PM
well you should give a lil respect to old school players man. ive played torment and many in his clan before. these guys are hardcore players.

aiming skill = easily translatable to any shooter

learning the nuances of each system may take a lil time.

that said, i dont want jko to be jk1 with better graphics. i like the fact that you cant just force speed 100% of the time. that IMO took away from the game. why not just make a quake mod where you jump really high and run super fast. its the same thing if you think about it.

now speed seems more tactical. could be used to a quick escape or to quickly close ground.

i welcome the new game whole heartedly. i will probably be playing nf sabers the most anyways :)

:fett:

SS_Foxy
02-28-2002, 08:13 PM
This was a great discovery of yours! . I must confess i also thought in just typing that link on my browser and click "Enter" but i just didn't do it. Heehehe...well i'm glad you found this. It gives a complete detailed information bout force powers and Weapons! Also let us know that we will be able to save Jedi's in a Deatchmatch mode. I'm not sure how this works but i'm going to find out.
Thank you for this.

UseDaAgression
02-28-2002, 08:17 PM
Newb Q- Where do you find *Dedicated Servers* I alwaysed used the zone , hehe but with 18+ people i dont think the zone can handle it

madrebel
02-28-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by UseDaAgression
Newb Q- Where do you find *Dedicated Servers* I alwaysed used the zone , hehe but with 18+ people i dont think the zone can handle it

use gamespy (lots of lame ads i dont like it)

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download/

or The All Seeing Eye (no lame ads)

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

or kali (have to buy it for 20 bucks....really old future for this program is uncertain)

www.kali.net

jedi knight 2 will have an in game server browser though.

Zodiac
02-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by madrebel
well you should give a lil respect to old school players man. ive played torment and many in his clan before. these guys are hardcore players.

aiming skill = easily translatable to any shooter

learning the nuances of each system may take a lil time.

that said, i dont want jko to be jk1 with better graphics. i like the fact that you cant just force speed 100% of the time. that IMO took away from the game. why not just make a quake mod where you jump really high and run super fast. its the same thing if you think about it.

now speed seems more tactical. could be used to a quick escape or to quickly close ground.

i welcome the new game whole heartedly. i will probably be playing nf sabers the most anyways :)

:fett:

I do have MUCHOS respect to all those good FFers of JK1. in my eyes was FF THE hardest setting ever to play! So I bow down to all FF players who managed to get good at it, including torment, gabby, jen, shauna, etc.

But I do not like torment's attitude towards JK2, so thats why I commented in that way on his post.

Wilhuf
02-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Force pull can knock down opponents. Gotta love it.
And force push at full power actually damages targets. Good that light siders will have access to an offensive force power.

Also, why is force energize a dark side power?

And maximum seeing allows you to dodge sniper fire. Very cool.

No force surges and weapon boosts apparently. Although force rage increases rate of fire. Cool.

Sabre9
02-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Wilhuf

No force surges and weapon boosts apparently. Although force rage increases rate of fire. Cool.

Using Force Dark Rage (heh - sounds like a Barbarian in 3E D&D) using the E-11's secondary fire mode... Full clip GONE in 2 seconds... :D

Walker of Sky
02-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Hmmmm, that's odd......
--------------------------------------
Force Powers (Dark Side)
Grip
Duration Immediate

Effect Chokes enemy players (except for Level 3, you can't move while applying this power)

---------------------------------------

Looks like now we Light-Siders have to be worried about being used as human missiles or human sheilds for a person with level 3 Force Grip. But @least they can't move when using it.

MuRaSaMuNe
02-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Force pull can knock down opponents. Gotta love it.
After you knock em on the ground, can you swat at them as they are laying down there? Jus for some cheap kills :D

Broode
02-28-2002, 09:29 PM
I agree with Zodiac. I have great respect for good JK players, it was a tough engine to master (the same way i have great respect for good T2 players...) but torments attitude is all wrong. Well, if he doesn't like the game, he can make himself that mod.
And play it against bots.

DeathBoLT
02-28-2002, 09:37 PM
*Sighs* Looks like JK2 will be dumbed down and gay out of the box.

Torment, don't be so quick to judge without seeing all these powers in action.. this thing could turn out to be as complicated as JK.. just complicated in different areas.

Push
Duration Immediate

Wonder what all in Jedi outcast qualifies as missiles?

As for speed, I'm kinda disapointed it lasts only 5 seconds, but it won't be *as* bad if you can just keep pressing the button every 5 seconds..

Fruitloop
02-28-2002, 09:37 PM
Personally, I was hoping for some more inventive/original Force powers. Everything they've listed so far isn't much more than an enhancement of the JK1 powers, or cominbations of the ones they gave us in the original. Oh well, hopefully those were just the forcepowers/pickups for multiplayer.

In any event, anyone who's in doubt just has to DL the demo when it comes out. Or if that's impossible, borrow your friend's copy of JKO for "backup purposes". :D

WD_ToRMeNt
02-28-2002, 09:39 PM
Welp, I guess I shouldn't be so upset, after all it won't be long till some one codes a mod that fixes speed and hopefully anything else. Honestly though, JK MP was nothing like anything ever seen before. That was what made it great. The way JK2 forces are handled makes it q3 with sabers and forces. They really are taking away something that made JK gameplay above and beyond quake #, UR, UT, or anything else.

Behold JK2, the q3 totall conversion.

WD_ToRMeNt
02-28-2002, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah, the zone being there might also give us a hint that a demo could possibly be in the near future.

To bad though, I'm just not as excited as I was before.

Anybody know a release date for U2?

WD_ToRMeNt
02-28-2002, 09:46 PM
OHHHHH!!! I've got another idea! Would it be possible to write a script that hits the speed button for you every five seconds? Off the top of my head I don't think it's within the abilities of q3 but I'll look :(

DeathBoLT
02-28-2002, 09:48 PM
Honestly though, JK MP was nothing like anything ever seen before. That was what made it great.

I don't think it was neccessarily uniqueness that made it great.. it was how it was put together and handled that made it great :P

The way JK2 forces are handled makes it q3 with sabers and forces.
Take a closer look at the force powers... look *beyond* force speed.. nothing remotely like this is in quake.. speed might be different.. the 3d feel JK gameplay had might be slightly different, but this does not appear to be a quake clone to me.

They really are taking away something that made JK gameplay above and beyond quake #, UR, UT, or anything else.
Yes, they removing something that made JK gameplay different from the quake #, and quake clones to some degree.. but I wouldn't pass judgement yet over whether this difference will ruin JK2 or not. The game might be slower in one respect, but who says its not going to be more difficult in other areas..

Fruitloop
02-28-2002, 09:50 PM
In case you weren't being sarcastic ( ;) ), Unreal 2 has officially been delayed. I believe it was stated that the release date was pushed back from May to June 21st (?) sometime this year. Bit of a downer, but I'm willing to wait a little longer to see this extraordinary game ship.

Kurgan
02-28-2002, 10:23 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, hey, I take responsiblity for us posting this. If an official from LEC/Raven/whomever comes and asks us to remove it, we will, but they likely won't (I'm betting) since the proverbial "cat" is already out of the proverbial "bag."

If anyone is to blame for "leaking" this info, it's the guys over at the MSN Gaming Zone for posting it, and we should leave it at that.

This isn't like when TFN posted scans of the magazine article, this is a public link anybody could have found if they looked hard enough.

Very nice, although many details are left out (such as counters to some of the powers/weapons, mana cost, etc).

It sounds a lot like the JK powers have been tweaked to be more like a "best of collection" of stuff from recent FPS games (Deus Ex, Half Life, Aliens Vs. Predator, Elite Force, etc).

It will take some getting used to for those of us used to JK/MotS (but maybe less so for those used to the other FPS's, though it's still new). We'll all be newbies again, and we'll learn.

As far as the old schoolers and WD_Torment, though I do not share all of their views, I do have a high level of respect for the previous games in the series, and will treasure the fun I had playing them and figuring out all the details. As the mod community is SURE to be huge for this game, I would actively encourage these guys to come up with ways to re-create some of that "old magic" on the new engine. That way everybody wins...

Personally I'm wondering if there's any way to balance out mine use with the Force. In JK you could use seeing and speed to help you avoid mines, but here, who knows? And how visible will those blue lasers be on the trip mines? Can mines be stuck on any surface? That sort of thing needs looking into. I suppose you could make seeing put an aura around the mines for example (if there isn't already).

Kurgan

DeathBoLT
02-28-2002, 10:47 PM
It could have been a screw up on MSN's part or it could have been a clever ploy to advertise the Zone's Jedi Outcast page..

Apparition
02-28-2002, 10:52 PM
Dark Rage seems to be extremely awesome. One last burst of power to take out your enemies.

Broode
02-28-2002, 11:00 PM
WD_ToRMeNt, it you are talking about constant everlasting speed at 100kph as being the only thing that separates it from other fps, I'll be happy to see it fall in line with the others.

IMO, the way force powers were done was the 3rd weakest part of JK (after netcode and saber control). I know that there is no way i can convince you that JK's force powers were outragously unbalenced, because you have spent so long playing the game you can't imagine anything that is fun, original and balenced without thinking of how JK does it. I don't blame you for this, as it has happened to me before.

Go watch the Star Wars movies, or play some different games, and then come back to these forums with an open mind. Just because it isn't JK doesn't mean its not good.

mariners2001
02-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Having the zone posting this information up leads me to believe that the demo is coming out tomorrow, March 1st. If they all ready have this much information up, they are prepared for something...

CorranHornjr
02-28-2002, 11:16 PM
wow...*drooling*

I am glad I finally got my answers about force seeing. Great stuff. I am content for another couple of days. I don't know about a demo tomorrow, but I do know that there has been to much talk in the the forums about it. Every time I come in, there is someone debating whether there is going to be a demo...Just let it go, if there is...there is.

Clue 1
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/html/demo.html
doesn't have that weird http 404 that comes up..it has "done" at the bottem of the screen.

Clue 2
Lucasarts love demos and loves to get more and more people to buy their stuff.

Clue 3 for or against
MSN zone has the page up....but that could mean anything. They could just be getting it ready.

Clue against...raven doesn't seem to happy to make one right now. (though they could be lying and really have one ready)

clue against
lucasarts has been withhelding information about the plot. Sure they give us tid bits and updates..but they are little things. Guns, force powers..screen shots of lightning over and over. Trailer that shows game play...but they havn't given us dates or a plot. I know some don't want plots before a game. But most games give what a game is going to be about. Why are they holding it back? what is the suprise going to be? It isn't a movie, it will be worth playing if i know who the end boss is or not. I don't know if a demo would give away a plot...the MotS demo just had the first level that we fought. I know it was atleast one level..the first one. Which I was happy to reply when the real game came out.

I say just take the clues (there are many more and i am sure you could argue against what I said) and just take from it what you can. And lets stop talking about demo stuff. They know we want one.

I hope i am coming across right. I am not meaning to make fun or put anyone down, there is just more stuff that we can talk about..isn't there? I don't know..maybe not....plus, everything points to march..so why is april even an issue for release date? The stores say april...but who knows. Why would lucasarts say March in all the trailers?

But again, awesome information Indy..thanks. I will be dreaming about throwing my saber through an ewok...

madrebel
02-28-2002, 11:31 PM
lucasarts has been withhelding information about the plot. Sure they give us tid bits and updates..but they are little things. Guns, force powers..screen shots of lightning over and over. Trailer that shows game play...but they havn't given us dates or a plot. a multiplayer demo wont have any plot either. :fett:

Kurgan
02-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Let me reiterate that I am NOT passing judgement on JK2 at this time. I will not be able to do so until the full game is playable on my pc. ; )

While I am very excited about some aspects of it, and less excited about others, I plan to give it the same fair shake that I gave JK and MotS, and hopefully it won't disapoint.

I do have a feeling though, that overall, it may not so much be "Better" than JK/MotS (except with regards to technology, like graphics and netcode), but "Different."

And different isn't necessarily good or bad, it's a matter of personal taste and application.

And as mentioned before, with editing (which surely will be very similar to Q3 editing), we can modify the game to our liking.

Sifl
02-28-2002, 11:34 PM
Behold JK2, the q3 totall conversion.

Wow, you are really pretty judgemental for someone who hasn't even played the game yet. Hey, I have an idea for you, why don't you make a JK1 Total Conversion?

From Vagabond: Cut the insults, Sifl. Thank you.

And, yes, you could easily write a "script" in Q3 that would press the force speed button every 5 seconds. If you're that addicted to speed, why not just up the g_speed cvar?

:rolleyes:

WD_ToRMeNt
02-28-2002, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Broode
[b]WD_ToRMeNt, it you are talking about constant everlasting speed at 100kph as being the only thing that separates it from other fps, I'll be happy to see it fall in line with the others.

No, I never said that speed was the only thing.

From Vagabond: Cut the insults, WD_ToRMeNt. Thank you.

Speed is one of many thing that combined to make JK, when taken to extremes in FF, faster and more complicated then anything else.

To the experts, JK FF was a chess game at mach 2.

Obi
02-28-2002, 11:52 PM
<font color=cbcbff> I actually love what they've done with the force. It minimizes cheap tactics and increases the need for skill to win. It is not skill when the game turns into a war of cheap tactics. No matter how good you are at them. Excellent with the speed. More realistic, since it has to be exhausting using the force to move like that. And as mentioned above, no more stalemate tactics running at your opponent and trying to hit them, then running away like a coward. Excellent work by Raven.

madrebel
03-01-2002, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Broode
[b]WD_ToRMeNt, it you are talking about constant everlasting speed at 100kph as being the only thing that separates it from other fps, I'll be happy to see it fall in line with the others.

No, I never said that speed was the only thing. Speed is one of many thing that combined to make JK, when taken to extremes in FF, faster and more complicated then anything else.

To the experts, JK FF was a chess game at mach 2. frankly chess with only one usable peice (the conc rifle was the only thing worth a damn in ff) is quite boring frankly. i enjoyed ff alot. but the repetative nature of the gameplay bored me to death after awhile. well that and tribes stole me away ;) :fett:

Obi
03-01-2002, 12:06 AM
<font color=cbcbff> Well said, Rebel. Any game is fun if you win all the time. I remember outlawing the conc rifle a few times so people in the game would focus on the other weapons. I can't stand cheapfests.

madrebel
03-01-2002, 12:15 AM
obi that was a flaw of the net code more than anything really.

but yes....it got repetative. just make a mod to change the default speed to ultra fast with 5x height jumps and one gun. thats more or less what ff guns devolved into.

again mostly the fault of the netcode.

Obi
03-01-2002, 12:27 AM
<font color=cbcbff> Actually, I suppose you are right. If the netcode would have been better, it would have been easier to hit someone with a weapon that didn't have splash damage. Come to think of it, it was downright challenging to kill effectively with any of the other weapons. I wonder if the bowcaster will win the "most usless" award for Jedi Outcast as it did in JKI.

madrebel
03-01-2002, 02:06 AM
i think the bowcaster will actually be useful this time around on this engine. prefered? probably not since its in the middle of the weapons heiarchy. but it will have its place im sure.

Obi
03-01-2002, 02:08 AM
<font color=cbcbff> Other than the lightsaber, I'm sure I'll prefer the Golan Arm's Flechette launcher. It's a SW shotgun. I've been a boomstick man since the DoomŪ days.

Darth Lunatic
03-01-2002, 02:26 AM
A Star Wars shotgun you say? Anychance of reloading animations?

Obi
03-01-2002, 03:58 AM
<font color=cbcbff> I would die laughing if I heard Kyle scream something like "Come get some!" or "Let god sort 'em out!" as he pumps his Golan Arms Flechette launcher.

Desslock
03-01-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Obi
<font color=cbcbff> I would die laughing if I heard Kyle scream something like "Come get some!" or "Let god sort 'em out!" as he pumps his Golan Arms Flechette launcher.

LOL!! Good stuff :)

Torment, if ya dont like the way the game plays, go play something else. Theres no point in sticking around if your not going to enjoy yourself whilst playing.

Everyones entitled to opinions, but when you make rash judgements, you open yourself to debate.

buzzfunk666
03-01-2002, 10:20 AM
People like mariners2001, you need to chill out.

Theres no demo coming. Raven said it. At least until the full version is done. Anything before that is up to LA. There are zero hints of a demo. So please stop banging on the demo and let em finish the full game.

I guess the chat tonight will settle it for once and for all.

And btw, its March 1st. Why push for a demo now that the full game is so close?

Obi
03-01-2002, 12:08 PM
<font color=cbcbff> No need to get hostile, Buzz. We're all just excited about the game.

jokemaster
03-01-2002, 12:14 PM
I agree with raven and lucasarts (TM) for putting speed down to 5 seconds no offense I hated when people used speed to run at u hit you and run away now it will be defensive like if someone starts firing rockets at u

I want to be a pirate
:guybrush:

CaptainRAVE
03-01-2002, 12:43 PM
^Or you could just force push them away ;)

Silent Wolf
03-01-2002, 01:10 PM
Imho Jk multiplayer was not the defining momment of online games, it was stunted by quite a few variables one of which were the way the force powers were balanced. I absoultely abhored using the force powers in jk. I look forward to the jk2 force powers because it seems more tactical and thought out. I fully support ravens creativity and concern for the multiplayer element of jk2. It looks to have a lot of depth and adaptable to many differnt styles of play. Jk2 seems to be the type of game imho that will be around for a long time simply because of its versatility. Bashing a game with this much creativity seems...

From Vagabond: Cut the insults, Silent Wolf. Thank you.

..."premature" at this point in time because none of us have played it, no matter how l337 you are.
/end rant

Obi
03-01-2002, 02:24 PM
<font color=cbcbff> Right-o Wolf.

Jedi Legend
03-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Personally I don't like force powers, the main reason for this is because I always sucked at using them. Its hard enough to run, aim, and jump let alone having to worry about using and countering force powers at the same time. I just hope that there will be a lot of servers running without force or just powers such as speed, jump, push, ect. I'd prefer a straight saber battle with no force powers over a saber battle with them.

digl
03-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by buzzfunk666
There are zero hints of a demo.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/html/demo.html

No 404 there isnt a hint?

Walker of Sky
03-01-2002, 09:03 PM
I prefer balance between all, u can't go wrong with balance. It makes a MP game like an Edge-Of-UR-Seat battle. I mean, come on, that's how it is in the movies when two duelers fight, they keep Force Power usage @ a low to conserve energy so they, when necessary, they can make a quick Force move that might end the battle.

Belgirion
03-01-2002, 09:23 PM
personally I like to play JK with F3 on...that way you still have Force Jump, speed, pull, and seeing but they won't be on all the time like in FF games

digl
03-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Eternity
it's simply a list of game modes, force powers, and weapons that we all knew before. I didn't see one bit of information that I didn't already know.
hello??

you knew this???Common Force Powers
Jump
Duration Immediate

Effect Extremely high jumps

Level 1 2x normal jump

Level 2 4x normal jump

Level 3 8x normal jump

Speed
Duration 5 seconds

Effect Super fast run

Level 1 25% faster than normal

Level 2 50% faster than normal

Level 3 75% faster than normal

Push
Duration Immediate

Level 1 Specific enemy pushed back

Level 2 Multiple enemies pushed back (within limited arc)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with enough force to do damage

Pull
Duration Immediate

Effect Pulls enemy toward you; can disarm (blasters); defend against Push attacks

Level 1 Pulls single enemy toward you

Level 2 Pulls multiple enemies (within limited arc)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with enough force to knock them down

Seeing
Duration Immediate

Effect Improves vision depth/width; puts visible aura around enemy; counters Mind Trick

Level 1 Highlights enemy with aura (normal duration)

Level 2 Auras visible through walls (double duration)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with triple duration and you can dodge sniper fire

Force Powers (Light Side)
Protect
Duration Variable

Effect Protects against physical attacks

Level 1 50% damage blocked

Level 2 75% damage blocked

Level 3 87.5% damage blocked

Absorb
Duration Continuous

Effect Absorbs damage from Force Power attacks; turns energy from attack into Force Power for you

Level 1 33% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Level 2 66% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Level 3 100% damage absorbed/gain Force Power

Heal
Duration Immediate

Effect Heals damage from all attacks

Level 1 Regain 10 health

Level 2 Regain 25 health

Level 3 Regain 50 health

Mind Trick
Duration 20-30 seconds

Effect Turns you invisible to other players

Level 1 Invisibility to single target for 20 seconds

Level 2 Invisibility to any target within view for 25 seconds

Level 3 Invisibility to all players for 30 seconds

Team Heal
Duration Immediate

Effect Heals other team members (50 health to 1 player; 33 health to 2; 25 health to 3+)

Level 1 Normal range

Level 3 3x normal range

Force Powers (Dark Side)
Grip
Duration Immediate

Drain
Duration Variable

Effect Drains Force Powers from enemy and applies them to your health

Level 1 Drains 10 Force Points, heals same amount

Level 2 Drains 15 Force Points/sec., heals same amount

Level 3 Drains any target within limited arc at 20 points/sec., heals same amount

Lightning
Duration Variable

Effect Electric shock attack

Level 1 Single bolt, instant damage

Level 2 Sustained lightning attack

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but will attack any target within a limited arc

Dark Rage
Duration 10-30 seconds

Effect Fire 33% faster; move 2x faster; decrease damage taken by 50%; can't die. Recovery after Dark Rage: Fire 50% slower; move at 75% normal speed.

Level 1 10-second Rage; 10-second health recovery

Level 2 20-second Rage; 20-second health recovery

Level 3 30-second Rage; 30-second health recovery

Team Energize
Duration Immediate

Effect Gives teammates Force energy (50 points to 1 player; 33 to 2; 25 to 3+)

Level 1 Normal range

Level 3 3x normal range

and this?
Stationary Shield
If some lowdown dirty Jedi is shooting you in the back as you are desperately trying to flee, a Stationary Shield pick-up will help cover your escape by firing up a deflection shield between you and your attacker. It won't move with you, but it could provide the extra seconds you need to get away.
and this?

Seeker

Walker of Sky
03-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Hehe, He must be using an ol' Jedi Mind Trick on the Raven & LEC Staff.....

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/images/gameplay/forcepowers_graphics/forcemind.jpg

Venne-vidi-vincee!

Now ya see me, now ya don't!

jokemaster
03-02-2002, 11:49 AM
it is not a spoiler because it did not reaveal any portion of the story just weapons, force powers and modes of play:D

Eternity
03-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Whoa, Vagabond, is this 'modding' called for?

It's one thing to edit posts, quite another to do it out of getting a power trip....
:(

GonkH8er
03-02-2002, 10:30 PM
Eternity- it's necessary. We have to keep this place at a level of conversation that is acceptable for all ages. Swearing is not allowed here, nor is mindless slandering of others. This is supposed to be a fun, community place.

OnlyOneCanoli
03-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Editing a few posts for flaming content is a power trip? Wow. Sorry man, the moderators here are good people and really aren't into that sort of thing. Just because you've seen that kinda of internet power crap on other boards doesn't mean it happens here. He's doing his job--keeping this place at the high standards the members have come to know and expect. He'd probably rather not have to edit anything at all.