PDA

View Full Version : Server Switch?

Heavyarms
03-01-2002, 07:31 PM
I think we need one. The forums have become unreliable.

Sithcloak
03-01-2002, 07:39 PM
I agree. I wasn't able to get on for hours all day untill a few minutes ago. It might be a problem on my end. Has anyone else experianced a lot of problems today?

Sithcloak

Clefo
03-01-2002, 07:41 PM
No, if it was downtime we would have gotten a peachy little message about them switching servers and being back up in an hour (AKA a day)

Tie Guy
03-03-2002, 07:16 PM
You obviously don't know what it takes to change servers. We aren't going to change because your connection is a little slow, mine is always fine.

Don't be so inconsiderate, ya?

Influenza
03-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Who's being inconsiderate, ya? I regularly get errors when visiting this site; always on the level of "mySQL database connectin refused; too many current connections." If you don't move to a new server, you might look into a more reliable/larger SQL database...

digl
03-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Iv also got that SQL error several times
and the forums have been down lots of times this last days
today it was a pretty long downtime

Tie Guy
03-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Influenza
Who's being inconsiderate, ya? I regularly get errors when visiting this site; always on the level of "mySQL database connectin refused; too many current connections." If you don't move to a new server, you might look into a more reliable/larger SQL database...

I'm , just saying that before he comes on here whining (which is annoying enough), he should consider what goes into a server change, which is a lot of work and a pretty long downtime in itself.

Rogue15
03-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by AU_heavyarms
I think we need one. The forums have become unreliable.

since WHEN were they reliable? :eek: I wasn't aware!!!

*runs off never to return*

Heavyarms
03-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

I'm , just saying that before he comes on here whining (which is annoying enough), he should consider what goes into a server change, which is a lot of work and a pretty long downtime in itself.

I realize the work, the effort, the blood, sweat, and tears (j/k all) And I also realize you don't like me too well, Tie Guy, in fact, you absoloutely hate me. I think thursday this week, me and rendar were on AIM for about 4-5 hours, having the forum come on maybe for about 1 minute. That means that at least someone has to be on their toes to make sure that the forum works.

Boba Rhett
03-03-2002, 09:45 PM
Well, alot of the admins were a little busy this week. You do know were they went don't you? :D

Tie Guy
03-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AU_heavyarms
And I also realize you don't like me too well, Tie Guy, in fact, you absoloutely hate me.

Well, i guess you are entitled to your opinion, however wrong it is. I don't hate you. True sometimes your pettiness and whining annoys me (among others), but everyone does that sometimes, including myself. Everyone here annoys me sometimes, but i don't hate or dislike anyone here.

Rogue15
03-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Well, alot of the admins were a little busy this week. You do know were they went don't you? :D

I got a pretty good idea what they were doing. :D

digl
03-04-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I hope I'll be there someday...

darthfergie
03-04-2002, 05:28 PM
All of them vacationing together at the time the server decides to slowdown...coincedence? No...It is a ploy to get us to hate UGO. Well you can stop now!!! WE HATE UGO!!!

(all of this is true, but can't be proved in court because they would think I was insane, which I am so they would have no trouble of convicting me of several felonies and mesdemeanors that I have never done and never thought of. And yes I thought all this up in 5 seconds as you can see)
[/strangeness]

Well my connection has improved recently...last night though, I wanted to post but couldn't very well so I gave up.

Heavyarms
03-05-2002, 05:28 PM
note: the forums were down another hour today.

Sherack Nhar
03-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Influenza
Who's being inconsiderate, ya? I regularly get errors when visiting this site; always on the level of "mySQL database connectin refused; too many current connections." If you don't move to a new server, you might look into a more reliable/larger SQL database... Sure, just contact Aristotle through PMs and he'll tell you where to send that money... :rolleyes:

Hey guys, LucasFan Network is a non-profit organization, unlike Gamespot or IGN... we're always trying to get the best servers, as long as it doesn't go beyond a certain price.

So please...you'll have to bear with it. Just look at all the ads: do you sincerely believe that we have money to spare?

PS: The answer is 'no' :D

Heavyarms
03-05-2002, 07:13 PM
hey, aristotle, give an address where to send the money, and I will send you some money in a couple of months, after I get a job.