PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my room!

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 12:56 AM
I know all you Pervy Hobbit Fanciers out there have wanted these for a long time. ;)

I was going through all the junk from my old computer when I found some pictures of my room I had scanned in a long time ago. The three pictures I'm going to attach are about 1-2 years old. So that wall is now at least twice as full and my desk is now a complete mess. :D

Here's the first one. "69kb"

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 12:59 AM
Second pic: "68kb"

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 01:05 AM
3rd one: "61kb"

Kvan
03-02-2002, 01:06 AM
Sweet room! Is there any order to the way you sent up your figures? It looks like there is no real order (ie, Epi 1 figs, PotJ figs)

BTW I'll give you $30.01 for the Artoo Cooler ;)

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 01:14 AM
Well, they started out in an order of character/movie but as they started piling up, I just stuck them wherever they fit. :)

GUNNER
03-02-2002, 01:20 AM
That is sweet looking Rhett.

The neighbors have one of those R2 coolers sitting outside, it's been there for 2 years.. I was going to ask them if I could have it.. :)

I wish I could put out more of my stuff but my son like to "play" with them and I would hate to have to gat mad at him for my stupidity of leaving them out. :(

where did you get the AT-AT?

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 01:25 AM
Back a few years ago when Hasbro was cleaning out their storage facilities and sending tons of the older stuff to stores with marked down prices, I snagged one for 30 bucks at KB. :)

Darth Homer
03-02-2002, 01:29 AM
Took a quick pic of my room: We do have members that are 12 years old you know. So please watch what you post- darthfergie

Ummm...I wish this was my room at least...

GUNNER
03-02-2002, 01:32 AM
If I ever catch my girl posing like that again I'm going to..............:rolleyes:

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 01:35 AM
So she just lays in that position all day? :eek: Not the best of positions to have her lay in, but still, it's a good one. :D

GUNNER
03-02-2002, 01:36 AM
Here are some of my room.. I posted this at JKII so I'll just forward the link..http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32741

I sure do wish I had some of those cardboard cut outs. those are nice... How many figures do you have rhett?

Kvan
03-02-2002, 01:44 AM
Cool room, but I'm scared of you now :D You actually painted your room the SW pics? :mon:

Darth Homer
03-02-2002, 01:51 AM
Well, she does move around a bit...

Kudos to you, Gunner

I happen to work at a video game store...I'm not gonna say which one to preserve fairness *cough**cough*GAMESTOP!*cough**cough*...'scuse me...anywho, I have a cool 4-part sign similar to what Rhett's got plus the Jedi Knight II "Pyramid" standee...I just wish I had a digital camera so I could show you...oh well

GUNNER
03-02-2002, 01:53 AM
darth, you could just email me a picture of it and I could post it for ya as could Rhett I'm sure...

I have a cardboard stand up of the X-Men from the movie. It clashes with the SW theme though.;)

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 01:55 AM
Don't be dissing his walls! They rock! :p I lost count a long time ago. I'd say it was at least 400-500 now. All carded. :)

Darth Homer
03-02-2002, 01:56 AM
problem no. 2: no scanner
problem no. 3: no regular camera
problem no. 4: college student (read: "poor")

GUNNER
03-02-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Don't be dissing his walls! They rock! :p I lost count a long time ago. I'd say it was at least 400-500 now. All carded. :)

Dang, that's a ton of figures. I have about 10 of the originals from 1977.
Um, what's carded?

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 05:32 AM
Un-opened. I have some of the originals but none that are in too great of shape. :D I do have a pretty good condition Vader though. It even has the little plastic tip on the saber. :)

Silenthunter
03-02-2002, 04:24 PM
Heh, nice room Rhett. I may get around to posting pics of mine someday....

Zygomaticus
03-02-2002, 06:16 PM
oh my god rhett

i may be a starwars fan, but THAT is a little tooo much. :eek:

Silenthunter
03-02-2002, 06:26 PM
Hey, that's nothin. You should see what the owner of Rebelscum.com room looks like :p

Rogue Nine
03-02-2002, 06:31 PM
You are a sick, sick man, Rhett. You know, they have special classes to help you deal with problems such as this.

:D

Zygomaticus
03-02-2002, 06:35 PM
now THIS is what a room should look like,

clean, simple, undistractive, enough equipment to let you live in peace

too bad my computer isnt in my room, well its all part of my dont get yourself distracted plan. helps me study better, thats why no starwars stuff in my room

http://www.webspawner.com/users/krkode/room.gif

oh and btw in the far side of the room lies my "lightsaber" which is a wooden stick like thing, which i use to fight the air with, when im in the mood :D pathetic eh :p i still have to paint it though

Silenthunter
03-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Here are some pictures of what I was talking about:

http://rebelscum.com/pwroom.asp

Zygomaticus
03-02-2002, 06:42 PM
talk about MAD men

Boba Rhett
03-02-2002, 07:06 PM
Wow. That's amazing, sweet, awesome, and everything else! :eek: I hope to have a setup like that one day. I already have design plans for my house. :D

That guy's sunk tens of thousands of dollars into those rooms. He even has the hard type of cases on those figures! Those things aren't cheap! And I love the high ceilings with the suppended lighting!

Krkode, you need a poster or something. :D

Zygomaticus
03-02-2002, 07:10 PM
i do, i thought i had an age of empires poster beside my bed- lemme go check.........

anyway i dont think its that guys bed room, i think he was bored to hell so he got out a bunch o money and started this room, in which he stores all his starwars stuff

this guy is CRAZY....honestly i once wished i had a lego room like that.....

in my home in india i had a great big cardboard thing of darth maul with his lighsaber parallel to the ground, couldnt bring it here:(

digl
03-02-2002, 08:33 PM
OMG!! :eek:

I saw Rhett`s room and I was amazed
but this other guy!! Its a SW museum!!:eek:

Silenthunter
03-02-2002, 08:45 PM
I know, he should charge admission or something :p My dream is to have a Star Wars shop one day, and have it look something like that. It would be called "The Cantina" or "Echo Base" or something to that extent. As well as being a shop it would also have a museum and a Gaming area, where you can play CCG games and such (as well as a built in coffee shop :D) And the ultimate goal would to have very piece of SW merchandice ever made. There would alos be a lounge area where you can read the latest comics and novels. Oh, and there would be SW music playing all the time, as well as a theater type area where you could whatch the movies. Oh, don't forget a place where you can test out all the new PC and Console games. And always, low prices ;) Wouldn't that be a cool place to buy your SW stuff? :D

darthfergie
03-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by silenthunter
Here are some pictures of what I was talking about:

http://rebelscum.com/pwroom.asp

GOOD NIGHT!!!:eek:

How rich is this guy by the way?
I thought my Room was SW themed. Rhett you stink. I can't keep my figures in boxes:p Otherwise I'd have numbers that rival yours. I mean you just can't keep a Darktrooper in it's box...it LOOKS TO COOL!!! It just keeps calling out to you..."I MUST FIGHT THE BATTLE DROIDS TO THE DEATH!!!" You can't just disobey a DARKTROOPER!!!

I've got alot of store displays...especially from Eps. I because tons of stores had Pespi ads or carboard stand-ups that they didn't want. So you just ask them.

"Ask and it shall be given unto thee"

Zygomaticus
03-02-2002, 11:56 PM
i used to have TONS of gi joe figures and i never kept them in the boxes

they always fought battles and boy was it fun!

darthfergie
03-03-2002, 12:02 AM
Same here. I have TONS of them and Still have them. I must have near 20+ vehichles for them. They we awesome AND very duarble (which was invaluable for a kid;) )

Tie Guy
03-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Hmm...my room is insanely plain. I have carolina blue walls and two beds, a drawer, two closets, a bookshelf, a desk, and nothing on the wall except one of those motivational series pictures (very cool). Over all its a nice room and i really like it, but no SW stuff.

Why? I spend the overwhelming majority of my time at home in my basement on my computer or TV & PS2. So, i can't put up posters or anything down here, since everyone uses it, and its not worth putting anything in my room, as i pretty much only sleep there. I was never into action figures, though i do have a gigantic collection of legos, some of which are SW, but i can't put those anywhere, though i did in my old room. Also, i share my room with my Bro (who is currently in college), but comes home in the summer so i can't change it too much.

Oh well, my computer have a ton of SW stuff on it, and my bookself certainly has lots of SW books (and classics) on it. Other than that, my room is normal, though i'd like to put up at least some posters or something as soon as my bro leaves for good.

BTW Gunner, aren't you married? Is that your master bedroom?

captain_drake
03-04-2002, 02:45 PM
love the room man
wish mibne was that cool

Crazy_dog no.3
03-04-2002, 04:02 PM
My room needs to get decorated, and quik!

GUNNER
03-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Hmm...my room is insanely plain. I have carolina blue walls and two beds, a drawer, two closets, a bookshelf, a desk, and nothing on the wall except one of those motivational series pictures (very cool). Over all its a nice room and i really like it, but no SW stuff.

Why? I spend the overwhelming majority of my time at home in my basement on my computer or TV & PS2. So, i can't put up posters or anything down here, since everyone uses it, and its not worth putting anything in my room, as i pretty much only sleep there. I was never into action figures, though i do have a gigantic collection of legos, some of which are SW, but i can't put those anywhere, though i did in my old room. Also, i share my room with my Bro (who is currently in college), but comes home in the summer so i can't change it too much.

Oh well, my computer have a ton of SW stuff on it, and my bookself certainly has lots of SW books (and classics) on it. Other than that, my room is normal, though i'd like to put up at least some posters or something as soon as my bro leaves for good.

BTW Gunner, aren't you married? Is that your master bedroom?

Yes I'm married, it was my wifes idea.. She had here sister and a friend do it for my birthday present a few years ago..

Just got to have the right woman. :D

Zygomaticus
03-04-2002, 08:28 PM
i have a feeling that me and tie guy have the nicest rooms, although i love spending time in my room, but not as much as i do in front of the computer

Boba Rhett
03-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Hey! I have a nice room too! :p

Zygomaticus
03-04-2002, 08:54 PM
dont get me wrong rhett, my room is more......undistracive helps me study better, and i couldt sleep in a room like that :lol:

GUNNER
03-04-2002, 10:25 PM
Don't knock it till you've tried it. Rhett and I have the privledge of waking up to some of the best movie memoribilia around.

Although I don't sleep in my SW room, only once in awhile..

darthfergie
03-04-2002, 10:30 PM
I sleep in my SW room everyday...but my room is not PURE!!!:(

My brother also shares some of the space...so the room is not COVERED in SW posters...well not all of it, but really close.

In a few days I'll hopefully get my Wedge Antilles Signed Poster framed and hang it beside my 3 other signed posters on my wall...:D

Zygomaticus
03-04-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by GUNNER
Don't knock it till you've tried it. Rhett and I have the privledge of waking up to some of the best movie memoribilia around.

Although I don't sleep in my SW room, only once in awhile..

as a matter of fact i have tried it....its ok but only when your a kid or when youve finished school, maybe cuz when your in 10th grade and you need to work really hard its better to not have distractions

Boba Rhett
03-04-2002, 11:44 PM
So your saying I'm a slacker? :D ;)

Gunner's right. Is is quite a nice way to wake up. :) Although..... the Mace Windu cardboard stand-up took me some time to get used to...... I still remember waking up and screaming..... :D

I also had this one dream were my figures came to life but were stuck in their cases so most of them died but the few who got out, came after me. o_O

Zygomaticus
03-05-2002, 12:04 AM

Gunner's right. Is is quite a nice way to wake up. :) Although..... the Mace Windu cardboard stand-up took me some time to get used to...... I still remember waking up and screaming..... :D

I also had this one dream were my figures came to life but were stuck in their cases so most of them died but the few who got out, came after me. o_O

i had a darth maul thing like that back home in india and it was scary sometimes, when i look in the mirror behind me is......:eek:

im not saying your a slacker, you home school right, so i dont know your study requirements, but mine are pretty high and this sortof stuff is distracting, but then again, it may not be distracting to you.......;)

Jedi_Knight
03-09-2002, 12:26 AM
lol...... krkode your room is.......... scary there is hardly anything in their not even a poster:eek:

GUNNER
03-09-2002, 03:46 AM

o_O

our baby sitters sleep in our SW room and when I had up my card board X-MEN figures one of them got freaked at night when she woke up. she saw the outline of Sabre tooth in the corner..:D

I had to move them into the closet.;)

Zygomaticus
03-09-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Knight
lol...... krkode your room is.......... scary there is hardly anything in their not even a poster:eek:

Now thats what i call "bedroom" ;)

JEDI_MASTA
03-09-2002, 06:15 PM
krkode...they have that exact same cd player at a place where i play hockey every friday night...the only problem is it gets hit with pucks and skips all the time :-p...reseilient little fellas ;)

Kewl room guys...i hafta get some star wars stuff...my comp is my starwars shrine ;)

Darth Homer
06-09-2002, 01:44 AM
Ok, everyone, I think I got this whole thing done correctly, so without a whole lot of further ado, I present...my room: http://www.geocities.com/strbuck1/Pictures.html

Boba Rhett
06-09-2002, 02:24 AM
*consumed by Cassies hypnotic eyes* :eek:

Those cats are just there until their large enough to eat right? <---- JOKE

Those are some awesome posters. Where'd you get that stormtrooper one that's in the corner?

Zygomaticus
06-09-2002, 04:20 AM
thats an awesome room homer :)

I really like your computer table...looks VERY cosy :)

Artoo
06-09-2002, 04:35 AM
You people are all dependant upon moving to much. I'll post my setup soon. The only thing I lack is a mini-fridge/microwave/coffeepot. I have everything else in my grasp, pretty much. I can camp in my room nearly all day if necesary. What is that stuff on the top of the bookshelf homer?

Zygomaticus
06-09-2002, 04:39 AM
Stuff on the book shelf looks like action figures:cool:

Silenthunter
06-09-2002, 05:06 PM
Those are some awesome posters. Where'd you get that stormtrooper one that's in the corner? [/B]

You get that poster when you buy a startar pack of Jedi Knights TCG. I have it too. See? :D

my room (http://www.webspawner.com/users/silenthuntersstuff/DSC00297.JPG)

Zygomaticus
06-09-2002, 05:22 PM
Lots o unwashed dishes there, silent ;)

Silenthunter
06-09-2002, 05:24 PM
Yep. One was from cereal and the other was from ice-cream. :D

Artoo
06-09-2002, 07:54 PM
Hehehe. I got my room captured digitally so now you can see what I mean by not moving. Here in these three convenient images is the better half of my room.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/dredwards/Shelf.JPG

http://www.webspawner.com/users/ddredwards/Desk.JPG

http://www.webspawner.com/users/ddredwardss/TV.JPG

I have many things in my room some things to notice are the werebear figurine under the little umbrella on top of my computer, and the little package on the floor by my bookshelf. It contains my dad's father's day present. It's a little plaque with a WWII era grenade on it. The inscription reads complaint department please take a number. And the number one is attached to the pin. :D

The optical effect are from the flash bouncing off of everything.

Zygomaticus
06-09-2002, 08:30 PM
wow

i have many of those, but your own TV, VCR, DVD player, and Console....that's cool!!!!!!!!!!!

lol the only things in my room are books, bed, etc.

TV in the main room and parents room, 2 computers in the "computer room"

i think i need one of MY OWN!

Treacherous Mercenary
06-09-2002, 09:02 PM
Nice rooms guys :D. Unfortunately, I don't have much except a few posters, a book shelf with my computer games, and other assorted stuff and an inoperative TV :(.

Silenthunter
06-10-2002, 01:25 AM
Heh, look what website he's on :D

Zygomaticus
06-10-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by silenthunter
Heh, look what website he's on :D

I BET he did that on purpose :D

Darth Homer
06-10-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by krkode
thats an awesome room homer :)

I really like your computer table...looks VERY cosy :)

ah yes, the desk...very proud of that monster...see, i put it together by myself in a single day (9 hours of work w/ two good sized breaks)

As far as the stormtooper poster goes, silenthunter is right, except I got mine from my work without buying anything. :D

finally, the things on the bookshelf are what's known as Marvel Hero Clicks...it's kinda like a 3D card game,I just think the little figures are cool...so far I have: Professor X, Jean Grey, Wolfsbane, Ultron, Hobgoblin, Bullseye(?), and a couple thugs.

Fishflesh
06-10-2002, 08:06 AM
Cool Room But you may clean your monitor its full of dust! LOL:p

Fishflesh
06-10-2002, 08:23 AM
This are picters from my room its made whit a webcam zo the qwality is not that good

http://www.geocities.com/nl_ackbar/Room_Foto1.html?1023702231710

http://www.geocities.com/nl_ackbar/Room_Foto2.html?1023702360900

and a foto of the offical starwars fact file i wonder if you guys ever heard of it?

http://www.geocities.com/nl_ackbar/Official_Fact_File.html?1023702502110

Silenthunter
06-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I've heard of it. I thought it looked really cool. I was just dsapointed I couldn't get it here in the states (without paying a lot at least)

Lord JayVizIon
06-11-2002, 05:52 AM
Damn!

Talk about madmen indeed. anyhow, artoo you're room looks a lot like mine, excep mine is a bit cleaner, hehe.

rhett, nice collection. about how much do you reckon spending on all those sw stuff?

i just started a sw toy collection unfortunately over two months ago, but it has grown quite somewhat thanks thru friends, ebay, and some collector shows here in the bay area, california. i have quite a few cool vehicles that are still sealed in there original boxes and i'm quite curious as to how much i could sell them for, especially since the boxes are rather in pretty mint condition. anyhow, i'll post up pics as soon as i get my sis' webcam...

Boba Rhett
06-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Way too much, Jay. Waaaaaaaayyy too much. :D