View Full Version : Assault Mechs, Teching, and Mounted Troopers
03-08-2002, 09:48 PM
1) What exactly is the specialty of the Assault Mech? The Strike Mechs are for taking out infantry, the Mech Destroyer for Mechs... what exactly is the benefit to an Assault Mech?
2) How fast does it usuall take people to get to Tech 2 and 3. Myself, I seem to Tech2 around 15:00, and Tech 3 around 30:00, wondering how that compares.
3) Mounted Troopers always seem to be what hurts me. What's the best way to counter if you are attacked by Mounted Troopers?
03-08-2002, 10:31 PM
1. Assault Mechs are much more powerful than the other types, in terms of their attack. They do almost as much damage as artillery, and can carry a little platoon of soldiers inside. They're basically tough, hardened mechanized transports.
2. Same here, on the timings.
3. Well, in T4 and later, air power butchers mounties. Earlier than that, strike mechs will chew them to pieces as well. Improved Jedi Knights will also do a number on them, though the apprentices, not so much.
03-11-2002, 01:45 PM
It also depends on where you set the resources. I've lately been playing with High resources because it's more fun at the beginning. If you do that you can hit tech-2 really soon and tech-3 within about 15 minutes and still maintain a level of defense.
It matters how quickly you jump in tech, but not so much that you should do that to the exclusion of defending yourself. It's possible to get to tech-4 without building a single trooper and then getting your base trashed by a tech-2 mounted trooper rush from your opponent.
To beat the mounted troopers I tend to build a tower, load it with five troops and put a Jedi behind it. When the mounties come up, turn the second one in line. The turret will blast the first one, the second one will convert and then the first one will get wasted by the Jedi. I just ran through this with the computer and ended up with six of his mounted troops by the end and he never hurt the jedi and never damaged the turret.
04-15-2002, 06:48 AM
I always use my Assault Mechs :atat: to destroy an enmy Base, and that is also where they are for, because that's in the discription of the unit.
Mounted Troopers can be easely killed by Turrets, but that's only usefull when they are attacking your base.
:lsduel: :duel: :mob:
04-16-2002, 07:47 PM
1. Assault mechs are heavy duty fire power. They have splash damange and can rip through anything on the ground. The drawback, expensive and slow. Very vulnerable to smaller units. They can kill MD's by the two's, troopers by the dozen, and buildings in seconds.
2. I rarely play on high food maps, only on medium. T2 at aournd 9 min, T3 around 18 min. I don't worry to much about tech times. Every rush has a counter if you're not to far behind your opp.
3. Troopers rip through Mounties. SM kill them quick as well. Fighters can do the trick. Depends on what you have and what tech level you are at.
04-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Assault mechs are also really good against ships, they pretty much take them out with one shot, I also use them when attacking bases, and with the Gungans Faamba Shield generater, they last a lot longer :D
04-28-2002, 01:03 AM
They're good for tearing down walls.
04-29-2002, 12:13 PM
T2 around 14-15 min. T3 about 18 :D
05-09-2002, 11:47 PM
On standard settings I T2 in 12-15, and T3 in 30-35
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.