PDA

View Full Version : Star wars gamecube game petition

Heavyarms
03-13-2002, 11:48 AM
this is a petition for more star wars games for gamecube. If you want to sign this, reply and say

Signed.

Tie Guy
03-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Stop whining, just because you (among others) bought the inferior system doesn't mean you can whine and try to make LEC produce more games for such a horrible console. PS2 is clearly where the market is, and they are taking advantage of that. Gamecube targets kids, and the games that are produced for it are largely targetted towards kids. LEC knows that they are selling games to teens and adults, so they go for the system that targets teens and adults the best and most widely, Playstation 2.

NOT signed.

Sithcloak
03-13-2002, 12:19 PM
Ill sign because i'm thinking about which console to buy and i will think a little more about this one if there is another reason. I need three major reasons to buy. I have only two.

Sithcloak

Rogue15
03-13-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Stop whining, just because you (among others) bought the inferior system doesn't mean you can whine and try to make LEC produce more games for such a horrible console. PS2 is clearly where the market is, and they are taking advantage of that. Gamecube targets kids, and the games that are produced for it are largely targetted towards kids. LEC knows that they are selling games to teens and adults, so they go for the system that targets teens and adults the best and most widely, Playstation 2.

NOT signed.

:wstupid: :joy:

Heavyarms
03-13-2002, 01:47 PM
no need to start a flame war, TIe Guy. You can get your point across just as easily without making it seem like you are bashing gamecube.

Gamecube does not target little kids.
It has no M-rated games, like PS2, but the quality is still there.
A lot of games I have played for Gamecube have been really good (batman vengeance, Madden 2002, Rogue Leader, Super Smash Bros. melee.) They don't need to be games that have cuss words and other things like Metal Gear solid 2, Max Payne, and GTA3.

They also don't have the games yet: but they are getting games that are better than PS2, and they will be better in the long run. Games like 007: agent under fire and Spiderman.

Boba Rhett
03-13-2002, 06:53 PM
Tie Guy, please take your foot out of your mouth and stop spouting off fanboy lines. :rolleyes:

You have no need to worry, Heavyarms. There will be several AotC titles headed to the GC.

In the second half of this year, GC is going to be releasing there heavy hitters and then they'll have quantity and very high quality.

Clefo
03-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Bah, the only good game thats exclusively for the Gamecube is Rogue Leader. I think there will probably be better titles as time goes on, but I'm keeping my PS2 just cause I can actually play CDs and DVD's on it :P

And Rhett, Tie may be spouting old cliche fanboy lines, but you are spouting new and improved ones :D

Things Clefo dosen't like about the Game Cube
1. The controller
2. The fact you can't play CDs or DVD's on it
3. Lack of real quality games (Except RL)

EDIT: I should add that the GC is way better than the nightmare that is the X-Box

Boba Rhett
03-13-2002, 07:44 PM
No way, those are the facts! :D Check the release dates. :)

Clefo
03-13-2002, 07:47 PM
*Slaps forehead* No I believe that there are Episode 2 titles coming out. I'm just saying that you're kinda being an unorthodox fanboy towards the GC

Boba Rhett
03-13-2002, 07:56 PM
Well, I'm not sure what that means but I'm just sick of people picking on Nintendo. :) I didn't dis any of the other consoles in my post, so I wouldn't call myself a fanboy. :)

Clefo
03-13-2002, 08:02 PM
Well you apparently haven't played any of the other systems, since you don't mention their goods and bads... I on the other hand have played all three new systems and I like the PS2 best and the X-Box worst...

Boba Rhett
03-13-2002, 08:12 PM
The GC was being discussed, so I talked about the GC. :confused: You want me to rant about ALL the systems whenever only one of them is being discussed? :confused: ok......

Darth Homer
03-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Ok, Tie Guy...here's the beef from someone who knows:

PS2 is the worst system out right now.
Xbox has a custom 700 Mhz processor, Gamecube has a 400, PS2 has a 266.

Xbox has a custom Nvidia graphics card, no such luck for either Gamecube or PS2

Xbox has an internal hard drive, again nothing for Gamecube, and you'll have to fork out more $$ for one for a PS2 (when/if they're released).

Xbox has an ethernet adapter for high-speed online capability, both PS2 & Xbox have to be upgraded.

PS2 is hard to program for, almost too hard to program for...which is why most of the games are short.

Problems with the PS2's have recently popped up due to normal usage. If you play more DVDs than games, the DVD capability will burn out quickly. If you play games more, that capability will also burn out, but not at the same rate.

Best one is clearly the Xbox, the only reason PS2 is keeping up is that Sony has a larger library and is currently tieing up developers to keep 'em from making games for the Xbox. Gamecube is a pretty good system, but is should have had DVD capability if Nintendo really wanted to compete.

I know all of this because I sell all of this stuff. I hear all of the complaints about each system. No system is "inferior" to any other, the PS2 was released before the GC & Xbox so it will not be capable of the same things.

Artoo
03-13-2002, 09:15 PM
Soothsayer, Soothsayer, finally a soothsayer!

The only reason Nintendo didn't want the Gamecube to have DVD capability is because they wanted to keep it not so pricey, and small and efficient. There's oriental logic to the Gamecube. They seemed to have gone with the small and efficient mantra while developing he Gamecube. And when you say that games are unrealistic do you mean that aren't a lot like real life? Cause if you do then you are missing the point of games. The point of games is fun not realism. If realism achieves fun then whoopie for realism. I like unrealistic games. Heck, I don't want to stay in the real world more than I have to. If you mean unrealistic by graphics then you haven't played THPS3 obviously, or Sonic Batltle 2. Those are excelling games under a lot of circumstances. Too bad I'm short on cash otherwise I'd buy them, but I'm saving up for JO.

chrisw_30
03-14-2002, 02:30 AM
Graphics mean sh*t....Its about quality games which are fun, entertaining and challenging...
and a majority of Nintendo's games live up to that (from what Ive heard)

Nintendo have always been about quality games...

Playstation and X-Box are good but they have so many games which alot dont have quality...but some do such as Metal Gear 2, Halo etc...

I for one own a PS2 and when the Gamecube finally gets released here in May I will buy that...

As for X-Box (it got released here in Australia today)....maybe when the price drops about $300

Tie Guy
03-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Darth Homer
Ok, Tie Guy...here's the beef from someone who knows:

PS2 is the worst system out right now.
Xbox has a custom 700 Mhz processor, Gamecube has a 400, PS2 has a 266.

Xbox has a custom Nvidia graphics card, no such luck for either Gamecube or PS2

Xbox has an internal hard drive, again nothing for Gamecube, and you'll have to fork out more $$ for one for a PS2 (when/if they're released).

Xbox has an ethernet adapter for high-speed online capability, both PS2 & Xbox have to be upgraded.

PS2 is hard to program for, almost too hard to program for...which is why most of the games are short.

Problems with the PS2's have recently popped up due to normal usage. If you play more DVDs than games, the DVD capability will burn out quickly. If you play games more, that capability will also burn out, but not at the same rate.

Best one is clearly the Xbox, the only reason PS2 is keeping up is that Sony has a larger library and is currently tieing up developers to keep 'em from making games for the Xbox. Gamecube is a pretty good system, but is should have had DVD capability if Nintendo really wanted to compete.

I know all of this because I sell all of this stuff. I hear all of the complaints about each system. No system is "inferior" to any other, the PS2 was released before the GC & Xbox so it will not be capable of the same things.

Its not about the hardware, that doesn't make the system! What makes the system is the games, and that's what i'm talking about. I'll admit that the PS2 has less powerfull hardware, but that does NOT mean that it is inferior. In my post i was clearly talking about the games that come out on ps2 as opposed to GC, so i have no clue why your talking about hardware.

As for quality, just go play Final Fantasy X, GTA3, GT3, Metal Gear Solid, and many others. If you have a gamecube you can buy................Rogue Leader....and................Super Smash Brothers, and thats it. And you say that nintendo has quality games? The ps2 has way more quality, entertaining, teen targetted games. Do you think i didn't realize that the GC and X-box were coming out when i bought a ps2. I looked at the lineups for each, the marketing tactics, and the hardware and decided on the ps2, mainly because of the games and marketing.

BTW Rhett, i'm not a fanboy, i own 5 gameboys and a n54 so i have nothing against nintendo.

Heavyarms, i suggest you stop being to paranoid about falming, my post was nothing of the sort.

Heavyarms
03-14-2002, 11:14 AM
as soon as I figure out what falming is, I will let you know. Anyways, have you ever played madden 2002? Great game. Ever played Batman: Vengeance? Great game there. Ever played NBA Courtside 2002? great game there? Ever played sonic adventure 2? Great game there. Don't say there are no good games unless you are sure there are NO good games, when in fact there are good ones.

Havoc Stryphe
03-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Tie Guy, I can understand why you bought the PS2 as opposed to the GC, but as far as better lineups with more games that is moot, for it's nothing more than a self-fulfilling occurance. Allow me to explain...

PS2 will more than likely bury the GC for the same reason PS1 dominated the N64: Sony beat Nintendo to the general market. Once out the PS1 (and consequently, the PS2) had games being generated, ported and lined up for it way in advance of the N64. By the time N64 reached store shelves PS had a large library of game titles and many more in production. Ironically, since PS had been on the market longer it's price was already on the decline by the time Nintendo put out their system. So here's the dilemma:

As a consumer (who can afford only 1 system) do you buy the cheaper system which still holds it's own in graphics (Though, strictly speaking was/is dominated technically by the N64/GC), has a much larger selection of games, has been thoroughly tried and true by the public or do you buy the "New and better" system for $50-$75 more, has only a few games at the moment and will never catch up to the other guy's number of game titles, and since it is new you have no idea how it's going to stack up?

The Intelligent choice would be: The PS, which now leads to the definitive blow in this scenario:

As a Software producer/designer which system would you shift the majority of your game titles towards, the system which has been tried and true, which incidentally resides in more homes of consumers, therefore allowing the target consumer base to be larger and therefor set the stage for larger sales and revenue. Or do you place more titles in the newcomers lineup who has less units in consumers homes which immediatley brings front center the possibility of economic loss.

Of course the designers/producers would spend more, not all mind you, but definetly more resources and time producing titles for the larger market. Which lends itself to completing the last arc in the vicious cycle: The system that has more titles and selection generally entices new consumers to buy that system, so the companys port more games to that system than the other which seals the fate of the newcomer.

The moral of the story, Unless the new system completely blows the pre-existing system out of the water with it's Tech. stats, then it really never has a chance to overtake and dominate the game console market. That was the case for the N64, and sadly, will probably be the fate of the New GC.

That all being said, it doesn't make the GC any less of game console, but for those who make desicions based by quality and quantity (and mind you, alot of the PS titles were CRAP) then Sony is for you, but if you want strictly quality than Technically speaking, the GC and X-box deliver. Both have superior stats, and since the Microsoft and GC know about the above stated scenario/situation they will undoubtedly make every endeavor to insure that the few games they do get will be of the best quality in both graphics and in gameplay.

I have been an avid fan of Nintendo (I also own a PS1 though ;) ) because the games they have made have been fun, and strangely addictive. And though there is not a huge library of game titles, those that have existed have been pretty good (Don't get me wrong, they have had their fair share of flops: Ahem...Perfect Dark, Nightmare Creatures :rolleyes: ) But not the percentage of poor graphics/story/gameplay that Sony has. More titles don't always make for a better system, just more choices. For some, as yourself, that is what you like and I respect that. But do not put down us who desire to see more titles for the GC for it.

Oh, and by the way... I concede the fact that PS1/PS2 had/have more M rated and teen orientated games, but Nintendo's games, though not rated M or Teen orientated, have been really fun never-the-less! Ratings don't make the game great, just desirable ;)

duder
03-14-2002, 11:24 AM
I love your essays Havoc! ;)

Heavyarms
03-14-2002, 11:24 AM
havoc, the GC's graphics are 2x as good as the PS2. Don't get me wrong, PS2 is good, but I wanted Gamecube because it is cheaper by like 150 bucks, and the games are cheaper than n64 games, but I have found quality over quanity is always good.

Oh and Homer, Gamecube has a custon ATI graphics card. It says it on the cube :rolleyes:

Havoc Stryphe
03-14-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AU_heavyarms
havoc, the GC's graphics are 2x as good as the PS2.I wanted Gamecube because it is cheaper by like 150 bucks, and the games are cheaper than n64 games, but I have found quality over quanity is always good.

I forgot to mention that in the end of my Essay (thanx Duder;) )That is why GC left out the DVD standard, to allow for a cheaper system so they lessen the gap between PS2 and GC right out of the gate. This time instead of makeing the system the same price as the pre-existing console started at, it came into the market guns blazing by making the price cheaper that the PS2 is currently. Nintendo shows that they at least learned from the N64 vs PS1 scenario. This means good things for the GC! :D

Rogue15
03-14-2002, 12:59 PM
i hate nintendo since they made rogue leader a gamecube exlusive. they should die for that. :mad: :mad: :mad:

about all of us at roguesquadron.net have the pc version of rogue squadron and not the n64 version......

I admit taht the n64 had a few GOOD games, but they never really got advertised much....

Rogue Squadron was advertised, and that is the best sw one other than Sote.

Hybrid Heaven. that game is the best n64 game ever.

I played goldeneye and to say the least it SUCKED. especially after playing a ton of turok 1, 2, and 3, and trying to get used to that dam control they put for it and not being able to aim right...eeewww

Boba Rhett
03-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
i hate nintendo since they made rogue leader a gamecube exlusive. they should die for that. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah... how dare they make games for their own system! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Very nicely said Havoc. :) *claps*

Tie Guy, I technically never called you a fanboy. ;) And your arguements are based on a time factor. PS2 has been out longer than GC so therefore it has more A+ games but what about when GC releases their big name titles later this year? You'll think more kindly of the GC then wont you? :confused:

Tie Guy
03-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Tie Guy, I technically never called you a fanboy. ;) And your arguements are based on a time factor. PS2 has been out longer than GC so therefore it has more A+ games but what about when GC releases their big name titles later this year? You'll think more kindly of the GC then wont you? :confused:

You did call be a fanboy, but thats beside the point. I've read the release schedule for all the consoles, and honestly, i'm not immpressed at all with gamecube's. I'll admit that the PS2 and X-box aren't the greatest ever either, but the PS2 i believe topped them all. I've considered buying a GC if the price drops, but i don't know if i want to now that i know the releases. The GC has.....Mario Sunshine.......Star Fox.....and maybe Zelda by the end of this year as the big hits. I'm not talking sports games, because those are made for every system.

Mario Sunshine- I know its Mario, but i an't help but thinking this is gonna be another Luigi's Mnsions, in other words, crap. Look at the title and tell me this isn't a kid game.

Star Fox- I would have loved another original-style star fox game, but i simply don't know if an RPG's gonna work for him. I mean, Dinosaur Planet???

Zelda- I'm sure this game will be great, but i doubt it will be out this year. I figure it might come out by the 2nd quarter of 2003 if not later.

Ther are some others that look ok, but i'm still not impressed. Many of the games i've seen on the list are ports. I'm also sure that there will be Episode II games, but i just finished playing one for the PS2, and many of the GC ones will be ported to the PC, or at least they will have similar PC ones. I'd rather play on the PC that a console for those types of games.

Another thing that the PS2 has above the rest is its ability to play onld PS1 games, which i still very much enjoy. Especially games like Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9. The load times are significantly lower on those games when on the ps2 so it makes the games mopre enjoyable. You don't see the GC playing n64 games, and you never will, because the 64 used old fashioned cartridges instead of realizing the future of gaming, the CD.

Also, PS2 DVD discs have 8 times the capacity of a normal game CD. The GC disk has about 4 times the capacity. Unless companies want to put out 2 CDs for a game (which rarely happens on either system), the ps2 has the edge in the amount of "game" it can fit on a CD. This lets it be able to have longer games with more attention to detail and more video footage than the GC.

BTW heavyarms, 300 - 200 = 100, not 150 ;)

Boba Rhett
03-14-2002, 07:23 PM
No I didn't Tie Guy, I told you to "Stop spouting off fanboy lines". I don't like to be told what I did and didn't mean. If you took it to mean that I was calling you a fanboy, I'm sorry.

Zelda will be coming out this year. What about Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, all the Resident Evil games, etc.? And Star Fox changed it's name to Star Fox Adventures. :)

Have you ever played Luigis Mansion? It was short but it was far from crap. I'm so sorry it didn't have guns and blood. Besides, Mario Sunshine will be alot longer from what I've heard.

idiot00001
03-14-2002, 07:48 PM
I have a PS2 and I think its great, and I haven't play on a GC so I can't really compare them . I have played on an X-box and I think it has fewer good games right now than a PS2 but more will eventually come out for it. Right now I think the PS2 has the most good games for a teen to adult age group, while still haveing plenty of quality games for kids. As for the hardware discusion I think that the X-box clearly has the best graphics, but when the hard drive for the PS2 comes out it will be just as good as the X-box's and not that much more expensive.

What was wrong with Perfect Dark? I thought it was the best game for N64.

Heavyarms
03-14-2002, 08:53 PM
ok, a few things: the star fox game is going to be the best game that came out this half of the year, beating anything PS2 can throw at it. It is going to be very cool, with a sidekick, an ocarina of time-like game, mixed with a flight sim. What more could you ask for? BTW, it was 2 plots put into one game, which will be interesting to see.

Sherack Nhar
03-14-2002, 10:03 PM
@_@ Too...much...reading... overloading... @_@

I wouldn't say that the Gamecube is aimed at kids, some of its games are.

Darth Homer, you should check your CPU specs; they are way off. The Xbox has an Intel 700Mhz, you got that right. The GC does have a 400Mhz CPU, but it's a custom-designed chip with an architecture similar to a Mac, so that presumably brings it up to the Xbox's speed. The PS2 has a 3-pieces array of chips called EE VU-0, and VU1. EE (Emotion Engine) is 300Mhz, VU-0 (Vector Unit) is a bit faster, and VU-1 is a bit slower. When programmed right (a hard thing to do), the PS2's CPU power should be about the same as the Xbox's too.

I have other things to say, but since people here tend to jump on the fanboy-calling quite easily, I'll refrain from doing so.

Tie Guy
03-14-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by AU_heavyarms
ok, a few things: the star fox game is going to be the best game that came out this half of the year, beating anything PS2 can throw at it. It is going to be very cool, with a sidekick, an ocarina of time-like game, mixed with a flight sim. What more could you ask for? BTW, it was 2 plots put into one game, which will be interesting to see.

Really? I'm sure that it will be better than Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Grand Theft Auto III. Yeah right. :rolleyes: If i remeber those three games were all in the top 5 of the year, period. GTAIII is pretty close to one of the best and most popular game ever, and Final Fantasy X sold serval million copies in just a few weeks. MGSII, i dare say, was probably more anticipated by more people than the X-box or GC system was.

Star Fox may actually be the best game ever (although i seriously doubt it), but before you pass such a large judgement on a game, you might actually want to play the game. The only thing i've seen from it are screens and a few movies. Thats hardly enough to say its gonna be the best game ever. It may look like it will be a good game, and it probably will be a good game, but it won't come close to the ones i mentioned above or the Zeldas.

A game that looks and i think plays alot like that is Jak and Daxter. That was a good game, but simply because of the style it will never be as fun for as long or as epic as some games are (aka. Zelda, Final Fatnasy games)

Artoo
03-15-2002, 12:26 AM
The funny thing is that I've been dreaming of Gamecube since the days it was project Dolphin yet I haven't ever heard of Metal Gear Solid until my friend rented MGSII and I played it, and thought it bit. My friend agreed. He returned it before it was due. GTAIII, well we played that long into the night. That was a fun game, if not supernaturally crude, lewd, and vulgar. (begin extreme sarcasm)I mean who ever thought it'd be so much fun to pick up a hooker, driver her to a secluded area, do her, and then kill her to get your money back. Ha it's so much fun!(end extreme sarcasm) But the driving in that game and the missions are very fun. I fonly they hadn't rushed the Gamecube out onto the market without a solid delivery lineup. Too bad.:(

I really shouldn't be participating in this conversation cause I'm stuck on MoHAA right now. So I think I'll just finish that off before I try to give my 2 cents here again.

chrisw_30
03-15-2002, 02:49 AM
Havoc Stryphe...I cant believe you said Perfect Dark was a flop...I and a majority of people who played it thought it was great...

Rogue15....you may not like Goldeneye and console shooters as you are a PC shooter...Most people who play shooters on the PC dont like playing console shooters as they find it hard to adjust...

Heavyarms
03-15-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Really? I'm sure that it will be better than Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Grand Theft Auto III. Yeah right. :rolleyes: If i remeber those three games were all in the top 5 of the year, period. GTAIII is pretty close to one of the best and most popular game ever, and Final Fantasy X sold serval million copies in just a few weeks. MGSII, i dare say, was probably more anticipated by more people than the X-box or GC system was.

Hey, um, I said best new game this half of the year, 2002.

How do GTA3 amd MGS2 or FFX qualify over those?

Natopo
03-15-2002, 07:37 AM
5 facts I would wish to name:

1. GC is better than all of this stuff. You know why PS2 has so many games? because the games are low-quality and I think they spend too much time on on graphics, reducing the game play.

2. This is gonna either bann some of you, or, make it so you will never be a mod. This is turning out to be the flame war that DarthFergie so kindly stopped. It's too bad DF ain't here.

3. PS2 games you can beat in less than 5 minutes, GC it takes tons longer to do so. As for X-Box, it sucks. If it's made by Microsoft, it definetly stinks.

4. Who cares about a DVD player? The console is meant for games, not the darn movies!

5. *waves his hand* The mods will close this thread.

Clefo
03-15-2002, 08:20 AM
In response

1. That is sooo untrue, the PS2 has more games cause its been out for more time than the GC or X-Box. And who says the GC dosen't have low quality games *coughSupersmashbrothersmeleecough*

2. *Shakes head* :rolleyes:

3. I would like to see you beat FFX in 5 minutes.

4. True, but its a kinky new feature that can save you the money of going out and purchaseing a DVD player seperately

5. What for? No real flamings going on?

Havoc Stryphe
03-15-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by chrisw_30
Havoc Stryphe...I cant believe you said Perfect Dark was a flop...I and a majority of people who played it thought it was great...

Sorry all, I hereby withdraw my ealier comment on Perfect Dark, in retrospect that was a personal judgment and not based solely on unbiased game reviews and overall sales. I shall change that statement to:

"N64 had it's fair share of flops too, just not the percentage PS did."

The names have been excluded to protect the innocent game titles. ;)

Rogue15
03-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by chrisw_30

Rogue15....you may not like Goldeneye and console shooters as you are a PC shooter...Most people who play shooters on the PC dont like playing console shooters as they find it hard to adjust...

nah, i played Turok 1, 2, Rage Wars, and 3. Goldeneye just couldn't compare control-wise with those (turoks used the c buttons to move and strafe, which made it so much easier to kill something without being injured), that's why i didn't like it that much i guess.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Yeah... how dare they make games for their own system! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it still sux rhett. cuz rogue squadron was ported to pc, battle for naboo was ported to pc, but why the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP wasn't rogue leader ported to pc? the computers out today have more than enough stuff to handle it!!!!

Heavyarms
03-15-2002, 11:10 AM
well, mister Tie Guy wanted this to happen, and he put it upon himself. As to the response for lower-quality games for PS2, yes, there are more games, and a lot of them are very low quality. I am not saying it doesn't have good games, mind you.

GC has very good games, and a lot of games no one has played. How many people on the forum have played Batman: vengeance for gamecube? probably no one besides myself. It is one of the best games out there? And with 007 just released, the gamecube is worth its price, as where I'm not sure PS2 is worth its price, which is now 300 bucks.

Rogue15
03-15-2002, 12:22 PM
u gotta remember tho, gamecube can't run your old n64 games, and ps2 can run your old ps1 games. I'd go with PS2 cause i just got a ps1 and have 6 games for it already (sw: demolition, dino crisis 2, dino crisis 1, metal gear solid: vr missions, crash team racing, and jedi power battles.) I only found a few very good nintendo 64 games...those were:

Donkey Kong 64
Turok
Turok 2
Turok: Rage Wars
Turok 3
Rogue Squadron
Shadows of the Empire
Episode I Racer
Hybrid Heaven (best non sw n64 game)

For playstation i like all the ones i have, but i haven't even touched any of the final fantasies yet...cause i'm not sure what the fighting is like...if it's like pokemon and is turnbased like that then...i dunno....i might rent ff9 sometime.

The games for the newer consoles i like:

Gamecube:

Rogue Leader
Star Fox Adventures
Turok: Evolution

PS2:

Starfighter
Jedi Starfighter
Bounty Hunter

X-Box:

Obiwan (so what, i can be unique)
Knights of the Old Republic
Starfighter Special Edition

They all have good games, but the one that matches all of MY interests in games is the PC. :) got ya there, didn't i?

I'll wait a year to see which console gets more star wars games and then make a decision. Of course, i'll instead upgrade my PC instead. hehe

Wraith 5
03-15-2002, 12:28 PM
why do i get this feeling after scanning this thread that this could be headeding for closed status?

Tie Guy
03-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Natopo
5 facts I would wish to name:

1. GC is better than all of this stuff. You know why PS2 has so many games? because the games are low-quality and I think they spend too much time on on graphics, reducing the game play.

2. This is gonna either bann some of you, or, make it so you will never be a mod. This is turning out to be the flame war that DarthFergie so kindly stopped. It's too bad DF ain't here.

3. PS2 games you can beat in less than 5 minutes, GC it takes tons longer to do so. As for X-Box, it sucks. If it's made by Microsoft, it definetly stinks.

4. Who cares about a DVD player? The console is meant for games, not the darn movies!

5. *waves his hand* The mods will close this thread.

Clefo already answered these nicely, but i'd like to add to that

1. As clefo said, one reason is that it has been out longer, not because they are low quality (though some are). The other reason is that they have more companies with them that remain from the ps1, and ones that are searching for the largest market. Game companies are going to devote the most resources to the biggest money makers, and that is mostly game for the ps2. Besides, several people have said that it is harder make games for, so wouldn't that make them take longer to make, and thus reducing the amount of games?

2. Why would it, we are simply deiscussing a contested issue? These are the kind of topics we need, ones that have intelligent and long posts. I'd much rather have this than the pointless spam threads we seem to have so often. We may disagree, but that does not mean that anyone here is flaming. And what does it matter whether we become a mod or not, is that all you think about? Being a mod isn't everything, and even so, these are the kind of posts that mods should have, rather than the spam posts.

3. I'd like to see you beat Final Fantasy X in 5 days. I played this game for over 150 hours my first time through. The minimum amount of time i could even think of beating it in is 70-80 hours, and thats if i didn't level or do sidequests. Thats a little longer than 5 minutes, eh? Name two GC games combined that would equal that much. And GTAIII wasn't exactly short either. It had over 100 missions on 3 islands. Plus, it was fun just to drive around and kill stuff and blow stuff up so that makes it even longer. And thats just two of the games, there are many more games that are longer than most, if not all, GC games.

4. In case you didn't know, the PS2 games use DVD discs. THAT is why they have a DVD drive, for the games. And, since they already had the DVD drive in the first place, they decided to add a DVD player on as well. Its a bonus, and extra. You can't argue that you wouldn't want a DVD player too if it was the same price.

5. Why would they? This is the best topic we have had in a long time. It is interesting, intelligent, and fun. No one is doing anything wrong. or something that would cause the thread to close.

BTW, your comments were opinions, not facts as you stated.

Heavyarms, every console out right now is worth its price. I'll have and use the ps2 for 3-5 years most likely. It is worth it just for the games that are out right now (GTAIII, Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, GT3, FFX, Racer Revenge) Think of all the games that will come out in the next 3-5 years.

The only console that i don't think is worth its price right now is the X-Box, since there are only a few decent games out. However, it would be worth it in the long run anyways.

BTW, 007 was a port from the PS2.

chrisw_30
03-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Is there anyway Rogue Leader could come out on PC?

JediMasterEd
03-15-2002, 09:40 PM
there is a good chance Rogue Squadron will come out on PC later on. Gamecube is still new since it's been out only 5 months. Probably the games that i like are Super Smash Brothers Melee, Rogue Squadron (though i've beatin the game 5,000 times and it still a blast to play), Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (though that's out for all new councols) and Sonic Adventures 2.

these games are of course no geared to children...maybe Sonic Adventures 2 but the others are not. Tony Hawk Pro Skater has too much blood in it (try The Jackass move) and Super Smash Brothers has a lot of violence in it. Rogue Squadron is to a point violent but you really don't see blood. give Lucasarts some time and they'll be pumpin out GC games in no time. oh yeah, their also thinkin of having a DVD player as an attachment for Gamecube, course it's only a rumor, though one cannot dismiss them too early.

signed.

Heavyarms
03-15-2002, 09:57 PM
same plotline for 007, not the same game, Tie Guy. Did you ever see the 2 versions of TWINE for N64? They were the totally different. Different weapons, different everything. It is not a port.

As for the games you named: GTA3 looks so disgusting.
FFX would be nice to play, but I bet I could beat it in a couple of days. I am good at those things.

Artoo
03-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Also when you say as many hours do you even know how many things there are to unlock in SSBM, and how long and hard it is? Also do you know how hard it is to get golds to unlock everything in RL? Also the replay value in SSBM? It's as much as FFX. I promise you it to be true.

Tie Guy
03-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Artoo
Also when you say as many hours do you even know how many things there are to unlock in SSBM, and how long and hard it is? Also do you know how hard it is to get golds to unlock everything in RL? Also the replay value in SSBM? It's as much as FFX. I promise you it to be true.

Well, considering replay value and unlocking everything, i'd say that for me it has over 400 hours of gameplay if not more. I've already played it through twice and am soon going to play it through again, it just doesn't get boring. SSBM doesn't even come close to that, so don't even try to make it seem like it does. I've played te original, and some of the new one, and doing those missions to unlock all those things is downright boring and monotonous after a little while. The battle mode is great for a while, especially with friends, but it is nothing compared to the length of FFX.

Heavyarms, you could NOT beat FFX in under 5 school days. I've heard that serious, hardcore RPG gamers can beat it within 50-60 hours, but even so, thats 12 hours a day for five days straight, if you were really good and rushed through everything. I don't think you can beat it in "a couple days." I'm sure that i've spent more hours of my life playing RPGs such as Final Fantasy than you, and it took me over a week, during christmas break, to beat it. Besides, i wouldn't think you are good at those types of RPGs because you seem to own a ps2 or ps, and those are pretty much the only systems (besides gameboy and SNES/NES, which aren't like the new ones very much at all) that have those types of RPGs. The GC or N64 has none that i can think of at the moment, but the PS2 has 7-10 i can think of at the moment. FF games are a far, far cry from Zelda.

As for GTAIII, yes, there is killing and violence in the game, but it onl becomes excessive if you make it that way. Personally, i enjoy just driving around and exploring, as well as doing the missions. The missions are what really makes the game, not the senseless violence that some people view it as. The game was not meant to be a game where you can run around shooting and killing people, it was meant to be a good game about a guy who gets caught up in the gangs of new york (Liberty City). At the same time, it does provide alot of freedom to do whatever you want, whether that is taking a joy ride in a banshee, or killing people on the side of the street. The violence level of the game really depends on what you, personally, do.

Artoo
03-15-2002, 11:17 PM
Naughty naughty!:mad:

about the above paragraphs:
the first paragraph is all opinions except for how it took you 400 hours to beat it!:D

You really need to stop posting before you totally expose your fanboy side.:)

A lot of the 2nd paragraph is opinion too except for where you talk about how long it takes to beat FFX. You just can't compare FFX to Zelda. Zelda is an adventuring style, FFX is an old-school RPG style.

Signed

Me thinks me needs to stop posting here before something really bad happens.

captain_drake
03-16-2002, 01:41 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
can you guys be more funney

listen i have played nintendo my whole life and even after playing and i have to say i am very eager to get GC cuz i can't wait for star fox advantures
(a am an ace at SF for 64) and sonice adventure 2
so i say boo to x-box and ps2

Artoo
03-16-2002, 02:01 AM
Sonic 2 is very good.;) The only thing I would like is if they made the multiplayer four player instead of just two-player. The Chaos are a very fun element. Very well done game. I can't wait for Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime, Star Fox Dinosaur Planet, and Agent under Fire, and LotR RPG! and last but not least Snood. Seriously go to Snood.com and download the free demo. You'll get hooked to the simple addictive puzzle action. Nearly every student as well as some of the teachers at my school are addicted to this game. Download the demo and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's at http://www.snood.com. Download it now. Go!

chrisw_30
03-16-2002, 02:07 AM
To AU_Heavyarms:

It looks ok to me and it is not the graphics that make the game its the gameplay...and GTAIII has great gameplay...

captain_drake
03-16-2002, 02:15 AM
well i just don't like the sound of the whole hooker thing

Tie Guy
03-16-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Artoo
Naughty naughty!:mad:

about the above paragraphs:
the first paragraph is all opinions except for how it took you 400 hours to beat it!:D

You really need to stop posting before you totally expose your fanboy side.:)

A lot of the 2nd paragraph is opinion too except for where you talk about how long it takes to beat FFX. You just can't compare FFX to Zelda. Zelda is an adventuring style, FFX is an old-school RPG style.

Signed

Of course, just about everything posted here is opinion, as it is dealing with which one we think is better. The game length thing and the technical stats are not, but everything else has to be, otehrwise this wouldn't be a disscussion.

As for Zelda, i wasn't comparing it to Zelda. If you read it again, i said it was a "far cry from Zelda", meaning that it is totally different, in both length and gameplay style. I was saying that, since they are so different, just because you are good at Zelda doens't mean you are good at Final Fantasy, or Chrono Cross/Trigger, or Legend of Dragoon, or Legend of Mana.

And what are you talking about, "fan boy side." None of the lines in my previous posts were prefabricated "fan boy" lines to my knowledge. Yes, i like ps2 better than GC, so technically i am a fan of the PS2, but no more than you or others are a fan of the GC. It seems to me like the fanboy thing is a way to ignore valid points.

Clefo
03-16-2002, 07:10 PM
I say whatever fits your style.... I personally, as I've said before, am a PS2 person mostly because I think it has the best games, and there are some good games coming out for it as well like Xenosaga.

JediMasterEd
03-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Jedi Starfighter has just been announced that its going on XBox too. I hope it also goes on Gamecube, maybe even Jedi Knight II. Hey, it could happen!

Zelda has been the primary game that probably most N64, SNES, NES, and soon Gamecube has (including Gameboys). Nintendo's systems are also known for their Star Wars and Star Fox games (ex. Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, Battle For Naboo, Return of the Jedi, Star Wars (basic) and various Star Fox games). Turok has also been with Nintendo for a while (though its going to be on all councels) so, most of the people who has N64 know the experiance.

007 was an awsome game (favorite gun: The Golden Gun) and another game, according to my lil' bro, Golden Sun 2,the sequal to the addictive Golden Sun for GBA, is coming out for GC soon and thats a game i cna't wait to play. truthfully, i see no compitition between PS2, XBox, and GC. as long as the people are happy with the game systems, the more games they'll come out with. give them time.

Sithcloak
03-20-2002, 09:37 PM
I hate to rain on your parade but i doubt that jk2 would go to a console, even though dark forces did go to ps.

But jedi starfighter might get ported someday to the gamecube. Who knows?

Sithcloak

Link Antilles
03-21-2002, 12:17 AM
GAMECUBE ALL THE WAY!

First of all, I've never liked Playsation 2, because the controllers are so poorly designed and I stink at the games for that reason. Now they do have so great games like GTA III, GT3, FFX (hopefully coming to GC!), AC2, and MGSII.

Now I like GC, because it suits MY video gaming needs perfecfly. The controller is comforable and easy to use for ME. Is has great games that are out like Smash Brothers Melee, Rogue Squadron II, OO7, Spy Hunter, Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Pikmin, Wave Race, X-treme G III, Luigi's Mansion, SSX Tricky, and Tony Hawk III. It's CHEAP. Zelda, METROID, Perfecf Dark, Mario, Final Fantasy, Star Fox and MUCH MUCH more are coming out.
BTW, GC is not a kiddie system.

What I'm saying is PS2 is not for me.
Every system has equal in advantages and disadvantages. It depends on what you prefer.