PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Battles.com Tournament?

DarthMaulUK
03-20-2002, 06:54 AM
It has been mentioned that players would like GB.com to hold a Tournament.

If people are serious about this, please leave your thoughts and views below. Please read this post fully first, as there's a few options for you all to consider before we progress any further.

If you look around the world of SWGB, there's been tournaments everywhere.

SWGB Heaven have had their one - low turnout

Battlestats keep having their Week Of Wars (wow), Spring bash, winter bash, midnight bash, i drink coca-cola bash - again, low turn outs

Mr Fixit have had theirs - low turn outs with people getting bys into the final stages without playing a single game.

Personally, a tournament at this stage would be a waste of time and resources. Experts are killing this game slowly and until they move off to another game, it will continue.

If anything, maybe plan one for the X-Pack release, or as one of the forumers mentioned, maybe have a Galaxy type system, where either a team, or clan control planets and they have to fight to keep control of them... take alot of working out, but i am SURE that would be a success with alot of the new players we have.

Any thoughts on this?
DMUK

Havoc Stryphe
03-20-2002, 07:22 AM
I concur Darth Maul of the British persuasion. Let's wait a couple of months for the x-pac release. Besides, I get DSL in may ;)