View Full Version : The Official I Got Jedi Outcast Today!!!!! Thread

Oblivion_45
03-27-2002, 12:46 AM
:D:D :D :D how i post pictures?

Cray
03-27-2002, 12:48 AM
Congratulations...

you silly Canuck (j/k).

That is totally cool, and I am far to jealous. :)

Oblivion_45
03-27-2002, 12:50 AM
ok to late waited 30 sec installin talk to you guys in like a month

Danger Nyk
03-27-2002, 12:51 AM
emmmmm i get mine thursday... i cant wait to pwn you all!!!... ;)

d4rth_b0b4
03-27-2002, 12:53 AM
not b4 i PWM u!! ;)

d4rth
:fett: :guard: :fett2:

MuRaSaMuNe
03-27-2002, 12:55 AM
A Canadian? GOT IT?! WHAT THE!

Jagon
03-27-2002, 12:58 AM
big whoop i heard on massassi its comeing out tommoro in Canada and America

jedimasterm
03-27-2002, 12:59 AM
Hi! I live in Australia, Melbourne, and I went into Harvey Norman today and they had JK2 for sale!!!!!! w00t!!!!!!! Installing as I speak and will be playing in a moment!!!!!! YAAAAY!!! I'm so excited.
If anyone has some webspace I could upload screen shots on I'd be happy to do that... but don't expect me back for a few hours coz I gotta play!!!!!!!!!
w000t!!!!!

JR2000Z
03-27-2002, 01:03 AM
Um....can I have your address so I can steal it?

Bacon00
03-27-2002, 01:04 AM
I've got webspace...

But then again, I don't want you flooding me with countless pics to upload, lol.

Just sign up for a website on http://www.t35.com

they give you unlimited webspace, and it's not hard at all to use.

JR2000Z
03-27-2002, 01:06 AM
Ah, yeah. Welcome to the forums.

Generique Fin
03-27-2002, 01:14 AM
Canada is the same with the US on game release dates. It is no surprise.

I get mine tomorrow.

Harbinger
03-27-2002, 01:15 AM
Tommorow?

I just called my local EB and they said it'll be up for sale on the 28th.

Krayt Tion
03-27-2002, 01:29 AM
Post here if you'd like to shout from the rooftops that you've finally got the game in your hot little hands.

If you want to leave a quick message about your initial impressions of the game now that you've got it, this is also the place to do that. Don't forget to highlight single player spoilers. :)

Those who don't have the game are welcome to cheer their comrads on here as well. ;)

All seperate threads made to do the things mentioned above will be merged here.

So rock on, Kyle.

:elephant:

d4rth_b0b4
03-27-2002, 01:32 AM
awwww this sux! ill prob get mine on thurs or fri. o well at least i get a free shirt too :P

MuRaSaMuNe
03-27-2002, 01:38 AM
*bashes head on the wall*

MessiahErebus
03-27-2002, 01:43 AM
Got it, and finally got the lightsaber...walking around with the imp blaster was getting very old... the disruptor rifle can't be deflected by them though, which kind of sucks. At least i don't think it can be deflected, but when it kills you, at least it looks cool.

dazilla
03-27-2002, 01:46 AM
HAHA! I'M GONNA OWN YOU ALL! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

I haven't touched the SP yet, I'm practising MP duels against the hardest bots, the AI is actually really good, a different strategy has to be used against them all! Once I get perfect at the duels, I'm gonna practise FFA on the hardest skill level, and then I'll finally start MP!...oh yeah, and SP...SP's for easter weekend!

r_e_c_o_i_l
03-27-2002, 02:20 AM
i cant wait to get it. my local best buy said that they would have it the 29th and another local store would get it the 28th.

jedimasterm
03-27-2002, 02:32 AM
**SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOI LER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER*** *SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOIL ER****SPOILER****SPOILER**

You get to play as those cool mousebots!!!! This game rox0rs!

Evil_Ferret
03-27-2002, 02:46 AM
this sux i dont get it till after suday!!!!!!
its not because of location or anything it because of money! i cant spend $50 on a game. so im realy hoping that somebodyhas it on sale for $40 or less!:(

Lopar
03-27-2002, 02:55 AM
I'm trying to be an objective guy and restrain my enthusiasm in the event that the game doesn't "ownz 'em all", and give the game an honest, professional, non-biased review.

I'm trying to be calm and patient for the day when I can finally get and install the game.

I'm trying to keep my composure. ::starts to breathe hard::

I'm trying to not flip out of my skull and go berzerk. ::heart beats ever faster::
I'm trying...I'm trying... ::caughs and wheezes:: I'm trying... ::hyperventalates::

.....!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't do it! *AAAAARRRRGH!!* I must have Jedi Outcast!!

::collapses onto floor, sobbing::

Darth Ergotht
03-27-2002, 03:02 AM
If I don't get the game tommorow I'll go crazy !!! I' ve waited all my life for a game like this but now, the wait is killing me !

Spectrum_Leap
03-27-2002, 03:13 AM
EB and Harvey Norman have it.

Damn I look good in my JK 2 t-shirt ................ not

Chanke4252
03-27-2002, 03:34 AM
How do you have 40 dollars but not 50, its only 10 bucks difference. Go pawn some stuff or something. Or you could look around the house for some change, usually you can find a few bucks that way. Or you could just get a job like everyone else.

YubYub
03-27-2002, 03:58 AM
bought it today in the city for $89 aus

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Darth Ergotht
If I don't get the game tommorow I'll go crazy !!! I' ve waited all my life for a game like this but now, the wait is killing me !

I know how you feel, I've been waiting for Freedom Force forever and it was supposed to be out *today* and I still can;t get a copy... *sigh*... :(

Greb Jnnayr
03-27-2002, 05:11 AM
I got mine. NOT. I wish. How the H E Double Hockey Sticks did Australia get it before I did, when I live in Denver.

Siege
03-27-2002, 05:24 AM
Heh, ChangKhan. I picked up Freedom Force this morning. It's incredible. Hopefully I can knock it out before Thursday when getting JK2. Will certainly go back to it later on though. Irrational know their stuff.

TiE23
03-27-2002, 05:32 AM
Hello Greb Jnnayr, welcome to the forums :) :D :) Get Stormhammer here. Jez, I won't get it for probly until Monday, and hey, what is the difference from the Quake III and the Quake III Arena game engine, becase I found out that RTCW is Q III engine powered, and I can play RTCW on high with 600x800 ( you get the general idea of the reselution.)( however you spell it)
and it runs fine, if Q III is simalar to Q III Arena, I will be happy. :)

Ulic Quel Droma
03-27-2002, 05:42 AM
Changkhan, may i ask how old you are? :)

and tie 23 quake 3 IS quake 3 arena, but they're talking about the Quake 3 Team arena :), its an addon for Quake 3 :)

its sposed to have a better engine

Oblivion_45
03-27-2002, 05:46 AM
i post the first thing sayin i got it then when i come back to see if any one has posted a address to email my pics to cause i expected to be hounded i cant find my own damn thread????
then i realise it was switched so many people in my thread sweet.
any ways i bin playin for like 4 hours now a mix of sp and mp(god damnit there is alot of peeps with warez:mad: :mad:
sp is great the guns get taken a used to though but damn is it nice graphics and according to other post i got a **** machine
900mhz amd
asus gf2mx400 32mb
640mb ram
win me
Ruins like well igot no metaphores:rolleyes:
single player is cool im only on third level though cause well im used to cs and renegade and such if some one could tell me how to make screen shots id gladly get them for you
:p

Shifty_Parrot
03-27-2002, 07:31 AM
I got mine today. BUT! I was at school when the courier delivered it so now I have to wait till tomorrow for the re-arranged date. I was SOOOOOO looking forward to playing it tonight!!!:( Oh well, at the moment i only have to wait another.....15 hours. AAAHHH!! I'm so excited! I'll post some screenies of the box/manual/etc for you guys:)

Coby
03-27-2002, 01:02 PM
i get mine tommorow at nine on the dot.

*strolls off humming*

Darth Ergotht
03-27-2002, 01:25 PM
I've just called my Eb stores and it's on sale today ! Good bye guys. Be beack in 3 or 4 hours with screenshots and scanne pictures of the manuel !

Coronog
03-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Ack! I live in Israel and my order will get here only around Tuesday next week! Not fair!

purifier
03-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Hi All Got it 2 Day In The Uk From A Shop In Derby Call a Another World Cost 29.99 :)

Aik
03-27-2002, 02:12 PM
Got it today as well...

Doing some Jedi Master Bot 0wnage as you can see here:

http://www.friserverplads.dk/dennisjensen/k.jpg

http://www.friserverplads.dk/dennisjensen/saber_on_the_hunt.jpg << Fear the flying saber

http://www.friserverplads.dk/dennisjensen/0wnage_dot_dk.jpg

ghedley
03-27-2002, 02:49 PM
Got it today as well (1pm to be exact)

Just exploring about a bit on the first level just now. I have to say it is looking great. I am running it on 350Mhz, 64Mb ram and a 32Mb TNT2 card, and I have no problem playing it (bit jerky on multiplayer, but that wasn't why I bought the game).

One thing thought, I wish Jan would stop saying "what a mess" everytime some stormtroopers were wiped out.

Well done Raven,

Gordon.

TUS_Tomcat
03-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ghedley

One thing thought, I wish Jan would stop saying "what a mess" everytime some stormtroopers were wiped out.

I guess you just dont know everything about women yet (ESB :) )

She's showing her admiration for your work... Shes trying to show you shes got the hots for you, but Kyle's a guy, so he doesnt notice :)

Chiles4
03-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Awesome pics, Aik *starts to drool*.

Ghedley, that's friggin awesome that you can play on it system like yours - great news for people with low-end boxes - no offense!

Someone posted that there's NO mail delivery at all on Friday cuz it's a holiday! I'm pretty sure they have to be right. I did the free 2-day air from EB so it looks like I won't get it til Saturday.

I'm hurrying trying to finish MotS - a hard drive crash killed all my savegames when I was about 2/3 thru it. So I don't want to start JK2 til I've finished it or I'll never finish MotS. But still, I'm going to have practice with the bots to get my skills up!

Mr_Dandy
03-27-2002, 03:17 PM
To whoever was able to get the game,

Can you check the back cover of the booklet and read the LA/Raven License Agreement. Can we edit and make/distribute mods for this game?

Thanks,

Dandy

Zemus3
03-27-2002, 03:27 PM
I just got off the phone with my EB at Erin Mills Town Centre and they just got JO in. Called a few other stores also to see if its all over and it is. Anyone in Ontario can probably expect the call today =)

ivaj
03-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Zemus3
I just got off the phone with my EB at Erin Mills Town Centre and they just got JO in. Called a few other stores also to see if its all over and it is. Anyone in Ontario can probably expect the call today =)
Heh, I live like 5min, driving, from Erin Mills Town Centre.

Zemus3
03-27-2002, 03:30 PM
Im about 10min away =) hehe Regardless were playing tonight! woohoo heheh

Agen
03-27-2002, 03:35 PM
Argh i jsut got a phone call from EB telling me it's gonig to be there on the 29th not tommorrow..... Argh...... I don't deserve this... Agh! :( :ball:
Bloody UK is always the last to get it out of the major countries!

Wacky_Baccy
03-27-2002, 03:41 PM
What you talkin' about, Termy? I got it this morning...

...Don't you just love pre-ordering? :D

Posted by Mr_Dandy
Can you check the back cover of the booklet and read the LA/Raven License Agreement. Can we edit and make/distribute mods for this game?
Yes and Yes :D

Neonix
03-27-2002, 04:04 PM
YAYYAY BUYAKA.

I got it, For every Dutch peep, its availeble in the Free Record Shops and Dixons.

GO BUY IT.

btw.

The lightsaber is FUNKY yayyay

TUS_Tomcat
03-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Neonix

I got it, For every Dutch peep, its availeble in the Free Record Shops and Dixons.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! damnit, why didnt i check the stores today :rolleyes:

oh well... I can wait till tomorrow, after all, i have the episode 2 soundtrack! muhahahah bow to me lol

So uhm, what price was it? 49.99 euros?

also, have fun :)

ghedley
03-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Dandy
To whoever was able to get the game,

Thanks,

Dandy

As has already been said, yes. But to the extent that there is a mods section in the ingame multiplayer menu, allowing for easy launching of mods, etc.

Gordon.

StormHammer
03-27-2002, 04:43 PM
Yep, I got it this morning too, around 10 a.m. - just as I was leaving to go to work... :rolleyes: I'm in the UK, BTW, and pre-ordered from Gameplay.com, using standard 1st class post. I commend them on excellent service. :) I reckon all you other UKers should be getting the game soon. ;)

I managed to play it during my lunch-break, though, and it's very good so far...the first SP level is very reminiscent of the Imperial installations in the original Dark Forces, and the death animations are sweet. Turning on proper shadows makes it a bit more atmospheric, too.

Happy gaming, people. :)

CaptainRAVE
03-27-2002, 04:54 PM
Well I live in the UK and plan to get it on Friday......but Friday is a semi bank holiday :s....anyone living in the UK with info about when the game will be available to buy??

Terrin
03-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Woo hoo!! I got it! As well as Freedom Force

*waves his copy of Freedom Force and JK2 collectors edition in the air.*

The Wibble
03-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Why is everyone so hyper about Freedom Force, I played the demo and it looks like a damn kiddies game. JKII I can understand the excitement there for sure, but a comic book on CD?

Daxonn
03-27-2002, 05:28 PM
Ok, for all you out there that are lucky enough to have the game in their hands, please give us your location so we can know if we have any chance of getting it today. I have seen many people say they have got it at EB today, well my EB here in San Jose, CA says today's the ship date and they won't get it until tomorrow. It's only 11:30 am here, so is there any chance they are wrong? So anyway, give us your location if you have it, and especially if you're anywhere in California :D
Thanks!

GurgleBlah
03-27-2002, 05:53 PM
I just picked up my copy today. :) Call your local EB to see if they have it yet. Mine does.

Coby
03-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE
Well I live in the UK and plan to get it on Friday......but Friday is a semi bank holiday :s....anyone living in the UK with info about when the game will be available to buy??

Do not fear. I live in the uk aswell and all shops will have it in tommorow.

CaptainRAVE
03-27-2002, 06:09 PM
How do you know that??

ZeroXcape
03-27-2002, 06:10 PM
What's better then one copy of JKII? How about two? :)

http://www.jediknightii.net/_zero/jk2zero.jpg

(Yes, I am wearing my JKII sweatshirt in spirit of the release)

westvader
03-27-2002, 06:11 PM
What part of the U.S. are you in?

HBK
03-27-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

I guess you just dont know everything about women yet (ESB :) )

She's showing her admiration for your work... Shes trying to show you shes got the hots for you, but Kyle's a guy, so he doesnt notice :)
LOL. Women aren't thay cryptic, are they?HAHAHA
Why is everyone so hyper about Freedom Force, I played the demo and it looks like a damn kiddies game. JKII I can understand the excitement there for sure, but a comic book on CD?The Wibble
It looks 'campy' because it was designed to be that way, set in the Silver Age of Comics (50-60's?). If you are like me and have collected comics at some point in your life, you would probably be interested in getting this game. I really don' t know alot about the game itself. I think it is a pretty fresh idea and has huge potential. If I wasn't getting JKO, I'd buy FF.

About JKO, my status is approx. 19.25 hours to go until purchase.

Have you guys read the accounts of some of those sabre duels? *drools*

HBK

OE PizzaTheHutt
03-27-2002, 06:18 PM
I've called all the eb and babbages stores around me. Only 1 of them have it, but they want 50 bucks for it (This store over charges on everything). I can always get this store to price match other stores that have the game in stock, too bad I can't find any other stores with it. I guess I'll just wait for tomorrow when all the other stores gets em.

lone_gunman77
03-27-2002, 06:21 PM
As far as I know, $50 is the going rate through Gamestop.com and ebgames.com. What is the in-store price at EB? Anyone know?

Forgot to add that I've called all the local EB's here in Sacramento and they're all selling the game tommorow.

MuRaSaMuNe
03-27-2002, 06:24 PM
Im in Ontario too but I didn't get a call! WAHHH! :(
Nevermind I just phned them and they have it and they didnt even phone me!!! STUPID EB!!!

OE PizzaTheHutt
03-27-2002, 06:26 PM
All I know is the other EBs said they think they're gonna be 45. What price is everyone else paying?

Sithcloak
03-27-2002, 06:27 PM
About 25 more hours for me. :(
Why do so many people already have it! Oh well, i can wait ...

Sithcloak

jedi_master007
03-27-2002, 06:28 PM
i called my local eb in north york and they said its not coming in until tommorow wat a b*tch i cant wait that long

lone_gunman77
03-27-2002, 06:28 PM
$53 and some change from ebgames.com with next day air shipping.

Darth Katarn
03-27-2002, 06:29 PM
I too am a proud owner of Jedi Outcast

RiseForth
03-27-2002, 06:33 PM
~The United States Postal Service DOES deliver mail on Good Friday.
http://www.usps.com/news/fyi/evnthol.htm

~FedEX DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/fastfacts_holidays.cgi

~UPS DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.ups.com/using/custserv/doop.html

You have nothing to worry about! :D

-RiseForth

Mr_Dandy
03-27-2002, 06:52 PM
While grabbing some lunch, I swung by Best Buy and Fry's.

No luck yet.. I will try tomorrow.

If anyone finds it in the local sacramento area or North Cal, give a holler where you got it before you get lost in the game please. :)

Thanks,

Dandy.. Mr. Dandy

The_One
03-27-2002, 07:03 PM
What I don't get is why these last few hours are so painful, I mean we've been waiting for what, a year? And now my heart is pounding 10 times it's normal rate. Oh well ETA for me is 19 hours. Should be 12, but I'm working tommorow, at least that'll take my mind off it.

*Plans all night gaming*

digl
03-27-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by RiseForth
~The United States Postal Service DOES deliver mail on Good Friday.
http://www.usps.com/news/fyi/evnthol.htm

~FedEX DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/fastfacts_holidays.cgi

~UPS DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.ups.com/using/custserv/doop.html

You have nothing to worry about! :D

-RiseForth
thanks for that RiseForth!!!
That's one day less I'll have to wait. I may get it the first days of the next week :)

BlackDragon
03-27-2002, 07:05 PM
StormHammer - can't believe you got yours from gameplay already! I ordered from them too (and embarassingly enough, ordered courier delivery!) - website says it was sent out yesterday and still no sign. So question is, do I wait until it gets delivered or rush out at 9am to my local Game store and buy it there and then and return the copy from Gameplay?

Oh the dilemmas! Oh the agony!

Oh the desperately lacking in a life! It's no wonder my fiancee doesn't understand!

StormHammer
03-27-2002, 07:11 PM
BlackDragon...if you still have not received it, I recommend contacting them ASAP to find out what's happened. I pre-ordered in January (and I'm glad I did...because they only charged me the price at that time - 26.99, instead of 27.99). It seems a bit odd to me that you haven't received it if you chose courier service... :eyeraise:

burnbomb
03-27-2002, 07:24 PM
I live in Alberta, Canada...Medicine Hat to be precise :P (booooring town) and our local EB is selling them tomorrow right when they open (9:30). I went there today to pre-order the special edition (or rather, put ALL the money down on it) and they had them RIGHT THERE! But they said something about they weren't allowed to sell it today because they would be fined otherwise :( (personally i think that's ****, but oh well). So I'm gonna git my azz outta bed to be there for 9:30! *drool*

PS. The salesperson took it out of the box to show me but wouldn't even let me fondle it...dammit.

Greymarch
03-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Woooohooo! The Babbages store at Metrocenter, in Phoenix, Arizona will have JK2 on Thursday (tomorrow.) I just got done playing Obiwan on the Xbox, so I am ready for even more first person, lightsaber fun!

BTW, I disagree with most of the crappy reviews for Obiwan. I enjoyed the game. It got a little tedious at the end, but overall, I would recommend it to any SW fan.

Tasuki
03-27-2002, 08:55 PM
I want to get freedom force and dungeon siege. I'm outa money after this though. I need to get a job I'm so damn lazy.

Millions o' Monkeys
03-27-2002, 09:03 PM
well, im a very happy person. i got my copy yesterday (27th) and im all happy now, though activision was being a little slack so they only got it into the stores at about 4 pm. So both myself and my brother were near either a eb store or harvey norman, but neither of us could get it for the above reason. so there we were worrying about by the time morning comes all the copies would be gone, but then we got to harvey norman in the morning, and there it was. the game in a shiny tin box :) "i thought YAY"

SPOILER warning

In the first few levels you get to play alongside Jan Ors in the Kejim region :) and theres a Death star multiplayer map :) "i think YAY" once more

Dar
03-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Umm well if you really want freedom force, you can have mine since it will install but not run because of the useless safedisc crap.

Now I either have to wait for someone to make a nocd for it or return it....sad truly sad.

Lord Slart
03-27-2002, 09:17 PM
I preordered mine from EB UK and it's in the post now and should be with me tomorrow morning. I paid 29.99 for it and should get "Battle of Naboo" free with it so I'm not worried about paying a few more quid than others.

Just out of curiosity (sp) how much is it costing people in other countries in relation to the UK. I've seen people posting prices of $50 up to $99.99 and I'm assuming that $50 is US and $99.99 is Aussie.

Now I know $50 US is about 35
and $100 Aus is about 35

So where is the cheapest place to buy games in the world?

Eternity
03-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Heh, I wasn't going to get it due to wanting dungeon siege, but now I'm struggling all over again...

Generique Fin
03-27-2002, 10:07 PM
I picked up my copy of Outcast today.

I have gotten the lightsaber, you get it at the Jedi School which is level three.

I just beat the Nar Shaddaa level and am at that Cloud City place now.

So, to sum up, if you are in Canada it should be out today.

I got mine at 2:00pm EST time at EB.

MustangMatt302
03-27-2002, 10:10 PM
I live in Auburn, Kansas. It is about 8 miles southwest of Topeka. Has anybody in Kansas got their copy of JK2 yet? How far has the LEC pre-order shippment made it into the US? West, Midwest, the east coast?

Please help!

:jango:

Ulic Quel Droma
03-27-2002, 10:38 PM
im getting it today :cool:

DepthCharge
03-27-2002, 10:39 PM
I went to go pick up my copy today at my local EBX...I played through just a fraction of the single player game, and then hopped online for some bot matches. I have to say, this is quite better then I could have hoped, congrats Raven, you definitely deserve all the praise we can muster, JK 2 is a winner. :D

MattMaster5000
03-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Yes!!! The local EB said that they had 2 copies left and I reserved one for tonight. Kick ass!!! Now i just gotta wait for my dad to get off his bum and drive me over there before closing time.

CaptainPOE
03-27-2002, 10:57 PM
Ugh, 18 hours and 45 minutes till I will be able to get the game. 19 hours and 30minutes before I will be able to play it. WHY oh WHY can't we have a good Thursday also, tommorrow at school is gonna be pure hell :(

BlueJedi
03-27-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey guyz...I just got back from my local "Compucentre" and thats right...in my hand suckers!

Hehe...anyways, the real reason for my post is to tell everyone to get the collectors edition tin...its unbelivable. This is how it worked...

So i get home and start to open the box when somethin blue starts glowing...low and behold its the keychain i thought was gonna be a piece of crap, it glows blue...unbelievable, and also sitting right there are the 2 past games, as well as the FULL colour manual...

So basically i have taken 5 mins to come on here and tell all of you just how friggin amazed i am at the game..and i havent even played it yet. Well -- i am off...enjoy.

Oh yea -- and this is the first time us canucks beat you americans to a launch isnt it -- MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

May the force be with you...:saberb:

Phazedplasma
03-27-2002, 11:52 PM
PLease descibe the key chain...this would be my reason for buying the collectors edition.

jedi adam
03-27-2002, 11:58 PM
O MY GOD YOU ALL! WHY ARENT YOU HAVEING ME OVER?? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL MEEEE? NOOO WHYYY???? well, ill get it tomorrw i guess so, humm, maybe it will be my heaven....... who knows!:deathstar this my brain befor thinking about jko.......... this is it after.....:deathii: hummmmm

daviddg4
03-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Calm down jedi adam, be patient

digl
03-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Phazedplasma
PLease descibe the key chain...this would be my reason for buying the collectors edition. look for a thread about the keychain at the valley
there is a shot of it

Robinhood
03-28-2002, 12:48 AM
The game is great got past the first level no worries and then while i'm loading the second level the game gave me an error message and quit me back to windows, tried once more to load the 2nd level but to no avail.
So i decided to go online for a bit of mutiplayer light-saber action, the game game me about 6 blue screens of death in a row and just restarted my computer. DOH, hopefully they release a patch VERY SOON or i'm gonna be pissed, cos i can't just keep playing the 1st level over and over again :)

[cxc-TeamSlicer
03-28-2002, 12:53 AM
Picked the game up tonight (Wednesday, March 27th). Installed it, but have not played it too much. Watched the intro, and played a little of the first level. Also tried to go MP, but there were no servers....not surprising. Anyway, hopefully everyone else gets it soon too.
Bye.
Slicer.

TigZy
03-28-2002, 01:10 AM
got it today..... and I've been drueling since I got it. Doctor says I shouldn't have this amount of saliva still present in my body and my mouth should be drier than the sahara, but oh well!

Minimaul
03-28-2002, 02:59 AM
I just spent the past 6 hours playing Nar Shaddaa.

Word of Advice , don't get to the end. And when you miss a fall , falling to your death - don't save it when you are falling. In stead of hitting 'reload'.

:mad: :maul: :swear:

SaberPro
03-28-2002, 03:54 AM
I got JO today :)

I'm at Nar Shadda too...thoe Distruptors are FRIGGIN POWERFUL! AND YOU CAN'T BLOCK!! ARGH! STPID GREEDOS!!

A famous quote -
Don't ever trust a bartender with bad grammar.

[MF]PheoniX
03-28-2002, 04:00 AM
yep picked up my copy as well this wed morning havent stopped playing till now and got a hold of our old clan to restart once again

Lopar
03-28-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Robinhood
The game is great got past the first level no worries and then while i'm loading the second level the game gave me an error message and quit me back to windows, tried once more to load the 2nd level but to no avail.
So i decided to go online for a bit of mutiplayer light-saber action, the game game me about 6 blue screens of death in a row and just restarted my computer. DOH, hopefully they release a patch VERY SOON or i'm gonna be pissed, cos i can't just keep playing the 1st level over and over again :)

When was the last time you formatted your HDD? I know that over time your 'puter can accumulate a lot of "junk". That is, when you install, uninstall and then reinstall different programs often, run programs with questionable coding quality (i.e. anything published by Expert Software ;) ), have improperly installed hardware and drivers, as well as a number of system crashes, The Windows System Registry and maybe the File Allocation Table can be garbled. Perhaps you should do a clean format of the HDD and reinstall everything, periodicly. I'm no 'puter expert, though, oh well. :(

Rendar
03-28-2002, 07:20 AM
My copy is on it's way to me via FedEx as I type this.

:lsduel:

Force Master
03-28-2002, 08:16 AM
I fianally have the game! I just got home now. I've waited soooooo long for this.

Its kinda hard to believe its finally out! :)
Now its simply a case of installing and playin!!

Wait a minute................WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE!!!!

;)

Toa Tahu
03-28-2002, 08:19 AM
You all think you're unlucky?Wait 'till you see this!
1.A high drop from 2nd to 15th,due to unfair and inefficient counting.Now what?You take the call.
2.I MAY get JO on this Friday or even today,or worse still,later.But I won't be able to play it!Not until May,when I collect it!
3.So think about others before you say anything.Thank you,'nuff said.

arctic_series
03-28-2002, 09:33 AM
time right now:

10:19 PM
march 27th

time i got jk2

3:05 PM
march 27th

for once australia got something not 10 months after the initial release in the US for once !! woot !

btw i got the tin version

here's a pic of the stuff

http://dshi.homestead.com/files/jk2tinset.jpg

SSJ SiTh
03-28-2002, 09:59 AM
arctic series!!! you da man!!! i also got JEDI KNIGHT II and it ROCKS!!!! :D Go aussies

Alfyboy
03-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Wooo! I woke up extra early today and went and bought the game.

I played single player for a bit and to be honest I was a lil disappointed. The usual flicking switches for no reason issue.

I then played a bit of bot filled MP. I was very dis-appointed with the saber system... UNTIL! I whacked the bot AI up to Jedi Master and had a lil play on dual mode and got to test out all the stances and stuff 1 v 1...

IT FRICKIN ROCKS!

I was having superb saber duels which looked like they were straight out of the film. Seriously, the only way to get damn intense duals is to have the bots on full difficulty. I havn't played online yet due to my crappy 56k.. I can definately see how difficult this is going to be to play online. The duals are sooo quick, you timing has to be damn perfect and you NEED to think about what you are going to do next and what your opponent is going to do next.

It is great...

Agen
03-28-2002, 11:37 AM
GRR, i'm gonna kill EB, my friend got it on Warez on blimming saturday and i'm still waiting here!

Drivian Taluus
03-28-2002, 11:39 AM
I HATE LIVING IN GERMANY!! IF I WAS LIVING IN THE GOOD OL' US OF A, I'DA HAD JKII BY NOW!! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :explode:

trernst
03-28-2002, 11:41 AM
I should have mine around 5 or tommorow

Dark Malice
03-28-2002, 11:49 AM
I won't be able to get my copy till next week!

Grrrrrr...

Jedimaster74
03-28-2002, 12:32 PM
I am going to pick my copy up today during Lunch :) I guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight :P

Scrobes
03-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Right now it's: 2.40 pm in London, 28th March.

Got it over an hour ago. But can't try it until I get home. ;)

Can't wait!

MattMaster5000
03-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Yay, i got JO. My only problem now is to get better specs so it doesn't lag on me. I tried playing with bots and it was pretty cool, but i gotta work on my saber technique lol.

ulicquel
03-28-2002, 01:52 PM
Hey there,
Just got the game today, and at a glance, looking like a very sweet game
Just wondering though if any1 knows if theres a console or not?
since the engine is the quake 3 one i though that there might b one but i cant seem to get it to work?
If u know pls mail me on how.
Other thing does any1 know where i can get any other skins?
Or is a little too early for that? :P

Jyt-Pon Dai'el
03-28-2002, 01:54 PM
I got mine yesturday after work. I actually pre-ordered it through ebgames.com, but when I found out that there were two copies left at my local EB store (Tyson's Corner, VA), I rushed out and got one! My plan is to use my EB store reciept to return the one I'm having delivered through ebgames.com. If it doesn't work (and it has in the past), it was totally worth spending an extra $50 just for those few hours I spent playing!

The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 02:21 PM
Donning my Jedi Outcast T-Shirt, I move in to INSTALL THE GAME.....................history is being made.

Sithcloak
03-28-2002, 03:36 PM
I'm installing the game right now!!!

I will report back in a bit.

Sithcloak

L33T Force
03-28-2002, 04:11 PM
I Have to wait till saturday becouse of the holliday's here In Denmark.

Oh well I just go And what's the traillers again. and read what you guy's are telling about the game, can't wait to get my hands on the Lightsaber :D

Dar
03-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Got mine at 10:30 this morning in Florida, yeah got the collectors edition with the full version of Dark Forces and my LIGHTSABER...which btw is pretty cool.

Installed w/o a hitch and loads pretty fast...foruntately I read the topic on load times and adjust my settings.

Single player is quite cool, not too far in it at all but still nice.

Played multi for a bit.....yep I gotta learn the saber.

One annoying thing is that in MP games where all the weapons are avaliable, what is the point of even using another weapon besides the saber and force powers? It seems every game I tried EVERYONE had sabers and tossing force powers around like candy....rather annoying.......I though all the weapons were suppose to be balanced but it seems that someone with a saber and force powers simply owns the poor guy using a regular weapon.

Minimaul
03-28-2002, 05:34 PM
w0rd!

http://www.thehypertribe.net/~minimaul/dcam001.jpg

Oh yeah , since everyone is asking: The console commad is SHIFT ` ( ~ )

GUNNER
03-28-2002, 05:45 PM
I got mine this morning at about 10am. :D

buzzfunk666
03-28-2002, 06:04 PM
OK its out in L.A., EB store at Pico.

Heres a mini review of what i like and i dont so far:

So far i love:

-the story so far
-fantastic voice-overs. Lukes voice is perfect even tho it wasnt Mark h. himself.
-lightsaber combat rules, nuff said. The saberlock is too cool and very cinematic
-the models are amazing. Animations are superb!
-good choice of music so far
-Yavin was really cool. I got chills watching the Jedis saber trainning. Very, very cool.
-the ingame cimematics are well done.
-its star wars ;)

now here what i dont like. Keep in mind that im not bashing anyhing but any game is hardly perfect and i want to voice my opinion, being a huge fan,ok? ;)

- The level design:

I mean. urg. Is this Raven?? What happend here? Yavin was cool. Some of the first mission outdoors scene were cool but for most of the time i feel like being in a 'box' room with crates. Theres zero detail. Why is that? I mean sure keep the poly count low but this is 2002. And yes im a total graphics whore. So bite me.
It just feels all blocky to me. YOu cant comare the games but RTCW had way more detail in some of the levels. Also some of the textures are so off. Just feel cheap. Raven can do better. Heretic 2's level design was fantastic. And that was q2 engine.

Example, the game FAKK2 is 2 years old. Pick it up from the bargin bin and check out the detail in the levels and textures.

- Atmosphere:

The game does feel like SW of course but there is a serious lack of lighting/mood in the game. I know that was never the strength of the q3 tech but looking at some of the UT2003 level shots, i really want more moody scenes.

- single player gameplay

Ok so i know i shouldve not expect too much. But besides bots (jen, lando, luke) helping you out now, where's the innovation here? Besides the saber combat theres nothing new. Still good tho.

-MP levels: urg. Again. I dont like any of the MP maps besides the bespin map. See my crying about the level design above.

Overall i say Raven did a good job but i can see the quick development cycle, theres no doubt about it.

Maybe a JKO2 with the Doom3 tech and 2 years in dev will bring something better.

Cant rate it yet since i havent finished it.

Chawman
03-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Check this out! I pre-ordered JK2 from EBWorld.com the day before yesterday with the free 2 day shipping. Yesterday it reports as Shipped. I go home from work for lunch today and there it is!! They shipped it free Priority Overnight!! I can't wait to get home and play play play!!!! WOOT!!!

GG, EBWORLD! =]

Agen
03-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Yeh, it tortures you in darkness with crazily filled levels with crates but it's supposed to pick upl ater :)

Chiles4
03-28-2002, 07:07 PM
Check this out! I pre-ordered JK2 from EBWorld.com the day before yesterday with the free 2 day shipping. Yesterday it reports as Shipped. I go home from work for lunch today and there it is!! They shipped it free Priority Overnight!!

Hey Chawman, I was going to say the EXACT same thing but you said it for me! I also went home from work at lunch and found JK2 on my doorstep.

EB ROCKS!!!

Chawman
03-28-2002, 07:18 PM
Hehehe, Chiles4!
We are sooooooooo all that! =]