PDA

View Full Version : EB Status

Apparition
03-27-2002, 07:02 AM
I went from processing to open and now back to processing. Anyone else have something different?

Patton
03-27-2002, 01:17 PM
I have "On Hold."

I've never gotten that message before, but I think that means they are holding it until they can ship it.

If I don't get it tomorrow, someone is going to be destroyed.

Daedelus
03-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Back to processing means they are authorizing your CC. They changed their web site to say that JK2 is "Now Shipping." Don't lose heart!!

D

Makkoan
03-27-2002, 01:20 PM
"On Hold" for me

KungFuFighting
03-27-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm On Hold too. I've sent an email to them to see what that ment but haven't received anything back. Does anyone know exactly what it means?

Razarblade
03-27-2002, 01:47 PM
It could mean that you pre-ordered too late and they ran out of copies. Don't know for sure though. Mine still says processing.

The Wibble
03-27-2002, 01:49 PM
I see the young have much to learn. NEVER Pre-Order I have done it twice and on both occasions the game arrived late. It was horrible the game was out in the shops but I could not get it because I had pre ordered it. I'm just glad I can walk into a shop tomorrow morning as soon as the shop opens and physcialy grab a copy.

I will pray for the safe journey of your game.

Aik
03-27-2002, 01:53 PM
The game has shipped... Got mine at EB this afternoon...

Patton
03-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Err... I just called EB. Apparently there was something wrong with my order processing, and it needed to be re-sent. They say it takes 24 hours or some **** like that to re-verify, so if you get the "On Hold" message, I would suggest giving them a call.

I'll be taking tomorrow off to head out to my local mall to see if the game is there. If it is... yay me. If not, grr. I can't believe this happened. I've used this same credit card and account info before, and never had a problem with their service with previous orders.

UseDaAgression
03-27-2002, 02:26 PM
I never got that message = ' )

LordRikerQ
03-27-2002, 02:37 PM
goddamn ebgames, mine still says processing they always do this, they ship my games like a day later then most other people no matter how early i pre order, I even ordered JO CE as soon as they put it in there database. yea ebgames sucks

Zobob
03-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Okay, so why is it on hold AFTER it was open? Stupid EB.

Makkoan
03-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Stupid EB

RiseForth
03-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Hopefully this will help. I got this from an EB support person...

On hold:
We are currently waiting for the verification department to verify your information. This usually takes 24 hours from the time you placed the order. Make sure to check your email inbox and email bulk folder in case we have tried to contact you.

Processing:
We are in the process of verifying all your information: address, Credit Card info is valid, and that the shipping address is in fact an address that you would like it to go to. Sometimes this means our warehouse has already begun shipping.

Open:
Your information all checked out, your account is ok, and we are we are waiting for the product to get into the warehouse. If the item is in stock, then we may just be waiting to begin shipping, which can take up to 24 hours from the time your order was placed.

Shipped:
Product has been shipped out and is on route to your home. If you purchased online, you can view your order status at:
https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccount/orderstatus/default.asp

-RiseForth

B0MBER II
03-27-2002, 02:46 PM
ya mine says processing too

and you who said preordering is bad, your wrong

When I preorder online from ebgames.com, i get my game before the stores even open in the morning, it happened 9 times and tomorrow it shall be the 10th time

Patton
03-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Whats confusing is that mine said "waiting for product" up until yesterday. Thats self-explanitory. Then it switched to "open." By their definition, I was all checked out, and all they needed was the product to be shipped to me.

But then it went to "On Hold." So according to that, I back tracked two steps. Blech.

capbob
03-27-2002, 03:34 PM
Mine was saying "On Hold" since about yesterday afternoon. Been checking it for a while and it just changed to "Processing". Hopefully it'll change to "Shipping" soon :)

Can't wait for this game! I've been playing JK1 and MotS for the passed 3 days :)

Shark747
03-27-2002, 03:45 PM
Just to let you guys know, I've ordered stuff from EB before and it didnt even ship until 11pm that night, and I still got it the next day. Don't start sweating until midnight. :D

The Wibble
03-27-2002, 03:50 PM
ya mine says processing too

and you who said preordering is bad, your wrong

When I preorder online from ebgames.com, i get my game before the stores even open in the morning, it happened 9 times and tomorrow it shall be the 10th time

Sure you MIGHT get it before as you usually have. However there is no gaurantee. This post (and many just like it) has been created because people are concerned about their game not arriving on time. The piece of mind of knowing you can just walk into the store and buy at your own leisure is a great thing IMO.

Patton
03-27-2002, 03:51 PM
mine just changed to open. there's hope for me yet! :D

Silent_Thunder
03-27-2002, 03:55 PM
24 hours before they send the item?? This is seriously messed up (to use a more polite way of saying it), I preordered on the 15th, all my credit card info was correct, and I ordered next day. But I'll be getting it on Friday or Monday instead?? It should be Thursday...

!#@$ing EB.

Shark747
03-27-2002, 04:34 PM
They put the 24 hours thing in there because they dont constantly ship out packages. You may place your order right after the delivery truck comes to pickup their stuff. Then they wouldnt be able to ship it till the next day. Since you pre-ordered it should ship today. Like I said, give it till about 11pm-12am est, then you will know if it shipped. If not...give'em hell. I know it would piss me off.

Tasuki
03-27-2002, 05:05 PM
I'm guessing friday since its processing now and I got 2 day. I uually get mine real early too before I wake up and then my mom grabs it and holds onto it till she can bribe me. But I will be sleeping all through thursday so that won't happen this time. UNless they don ship cause its good friday.

Apparition
03-27-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by The Wibble
I see the young have much to learn. NEVER Pre-Order I have done it twice and on both occasions the game arrived late. It was horrible the game was out in the shops but I could not get it because I had pre ordered it. I'm just glad I can walk into a shop tomorrow morning as soon as the shop opens and physcialy grab a copy.

I will pray for the safe journey of your game.

Actually, I've never had a bad preorder experience. I've always gotten it a day or two before it hits stores.

RiseForth
03-27-2002, 06:58 PM
~The United States Postal Service DOES deliver mail on Good Friday.
http://www.usps.com/news/fyi/evnthol.htm

~FedEX DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/fastfacts_holidays.cgi

~UPS DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.ups.com/using/custserv/doop.html

You have nothing to worry about! :D

-RiseForth

Makkoan
03-27-2002, 07:02 PM
Heres my record:

Waiting For Product
Open
On Hold
Open
Proccecing

What next? Back to Wating For Product?

Silent_Thunder
03-27-2002, 07:28 PM
First mine said Waiting for product, then it said "On Hold" now it says "proccessing".

Is that good? It's 2:30 right now, is there any chance it will be shipped today?

Rat Boy
03-27-2002, 07:40 PM
From http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/faq5.asp#QQ

I pre-ordered a game and the release date is today. Why does your Web site still show the status as processing?
EBgames.com tries to get every game into your hands at the earliest possible date. To accomplish this, we sometimes use external resources that ship the product directly from the source, thereby eliminating any handling time that we might add to the delivery. This occasionally results in the game being shipped well before we get tracking numbers and order statuses processed into our system. Our systems are updated as soon as we get the data back from the external resource. When time is of the essence, we place the priority on getting the product to you rather than updating our records because, in the end, getting the product to you is what it is all about.

Tasuki
03-27-2002, 07:42 PM
mine said processing a few hours ago I think I'll spleep today and tommorow so I have to wait less.

Makkoan
03-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Rat Boy
From http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/faq5.asp#QQ

I pre-ordered a game and the release date is today. Why does your Web site still show the status as processing?
EBgames.com tries to get every game into your hands at the earliest possible date. To accomplish this, we sometimes use external resources that ship the product directly from the source, thereby eliminating any handling time that we might add to the delivery. This occasionally results in the game being shipped well before we get tracking numbers and order statuses processed into our system. Our systems are updated as soon as we get the data back from the external resource. When time is of the essence, we place the priority on getting the product to you rather than updating our records because, in the end, getting the product to you is what it is all about.

Yay!!!

Ferretous
03-27-2002, 07:58 PM
I called EB today, and they were adamant that the pre-orders were going to go out today, and that there might be some lag time updating the site. The CS person was quite certain that I would have it in my hands tomorrow.

Bowen
03-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Well I've called every store that would have it save Circuit City because I don't think they will have it and no one has it in here in So. Ca. EB did say that they should have it tomorrow and the store when I'm located said the truck usually comes in about noon so I've got 21 hours left from the time of this post. :D

Apparition
03-27-2002, 08:08 PM
I talked to EB and they said they started shipping this afternoon. If you had overnight then expect it tomorrow.

Bacon00
03-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Why couldn't they have released this game yesterday?? With my luck, my "2-day shipping" will fall over to MONDAY, and I'll have to wait out the entire weekend. That would suck big time.

I was gonna pay for overnight, but it's $5, and in the long run I'd rather have $5 then a game one day earlier.

But I better get it on Friday or I will be pissed.

Apparition
03-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Overnight for me was $3.95. Small price to pay I think.

d4rth_b0b4
03-27-2002, 08:43 PM
well just think on the light side.... we get jk2 t shirts :D

d4rth
:guard: :fett: :guard:

Apparition
03-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Everyone who preordered it does.

Apparition
03-27-2002, 09:09 PM
Mine says shipped. damn right. hehe

Cookie319
03-27-2002, 09:12 PM
Finally, something changed on my order..

its showing the tracking info on the bottom now.. the pulls out a FedEx page that says it can't find the order.. (probably not in the system yet)

Still says "Processing" on the page though

The Kessel Run
03-27-2002, 09:17 PM
No one who ordered from EB should worry, they've recently begun a bad habit of taking forever to update people's accounts about when they'll ship. I had exactly the same experience when I pre-ordered Red Faction in September and Max Payne in July. I called both times about my order's status and was worried even when I woke up the following morning and my order status was STILL 'processing.' That was about the time I called back on Red Faction, ready to make some demands when my door bell rang: It was FedEx with my package. So really, don't sweat it if you ordered Next Day Air it will be in your hands tomorrow.

--oh hell yes, 30 seconds after posting this I check my order again and I have tracking info as well. The Truth Has Been Revealed. Unfortunately the tracking info probably won't be updated until 2 A.M., watching the package's status is almost more fun than getting the game itself.

(kidding :p )

Foxbatkllr
03-27-2002, 09:17 PM
Yep my order status gave me a tracking number too and FedEx doesn't recognize it either. My order status also says "processing" but i know it must've shipped.

armed201
03-27-2002, 09:21 PM
shipped baby woot! tracking doesnt work yet though :(

The Kessel Run
03-27-2002, 09:26 PM
This might be sad, but I've more or less memorized the route that FedEx packages (EB pre-orders mainly) take to my house once they ship, so I usually know when they hit a certain city which one they'll go on to next and about how long it will take to arrive at the next city and what not........I'm not crazy, just LOVE MY GAMES !:band:

Apparition
03-27-2002, 09:27 PM
It takes a while for the tracking to work. Fed-Ex says it can take 24 hours. Not really. Usually works in like 4.

Bacon00
03-27-2002, 09:34 PM
This sucks.. I preorderd on the 25th (I was late, I know, but it shouldn't matter that much..), and it still says processing w/o any tracking #. I'm probably towards the end of their shipping list, so hopefully it'll ship out today so I get it friday.

I shoulda paid the $4... dangit!

Woodster2003
03-27-2002, 09:40 PM
everybody, all my orders i have ordered from ebgames.com all say "processing", but whenever it changes to that i get a confirmation of shipping. I really hope mine shipped today, it was "on hold" for awhile but now its "processing" so im guessing i will get the game friday. W00t!

Ferretous
03-27-2002, 09:49 PM
For what its worth, mine still says "processing," but the CS person by phone just now told me that it already shipped out, and its just not updated.

*Edit* Of course, ten minutes after I post that, its "shipped." Next day just isn't fast enough :)

Chawman
03-27-2002, 09:51 PM
I pre-ordered from EBWorld and my status is reporting "shipped"

WOO HOO!

Tasuki
03-27-2002, 09:59 PM
mine has just changed to shipped as well. Does that mean that us 2 dayers get it tommorow or friday still. WOndering if today counts as a day.

Foxbatkllr
03-27-2002, 10:37 PM
I've had the non-working tracking number for several hours, but it just now changed to show my order as "shipped." woohoo.

Flying Spasm
03-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Yay! First post! My status at EB is "Shipped(hehe!)". And I have a tracking # from FedEx.... yay!

Foxbatkllr
03-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Got a confirmation email telling me my order was shipped...tracking number still doesn't work. There's a chance I could actually get JK2 before the tracking # says anything, lol. FedEx sucks. At work, we use UPS and they have tracking info immediately.

RiseForth
03-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Yes!!!!! It is shipped! However, the tracking number is not working yet, but who cares! :D

-RiseForth

capbob
03-28-2002, 12:28 AM
Mine is shipped!

Looks like I'm skipping classes tomorrow :D

Silent_Thunder
03-28-2002, 12:30 AM
This sucks... my order says "proccessing" And it's 7:34 PM. So because EB games is lazy I'm going to get my order at the same time people who buy 2 day get it (I ordered next day). I should get my 5 dollars refunded...

I envy all you lucky b*st*rds that have their status say "shipped" :mad: .

*##$ EB games.

Sorry, I've had a bad day, and this makes it even worse :( ,

Bacon00
03-28-2002, 12:34 AM
don't freak out just yet... it might have already shipped and it just isn't updated yet.

I order 2 day and it hasn't shipped yet... but I have a feeling I'll still be getting it on Friday like I originally planned.

If you ordered 1 day, I bet it'll be there tomorrow.

WolverineR
03-28-2002, 01:18 AM
I preordered also, and my status was on processing all day, but its now at shipping, so don't worry, because we should all be getting the game of the year soon!
:deathstar

PimpusOlympus
03-28-2002, 01:24 AM
If you guys/gals are having a hard time getting your tracking link to work (that you got in an email from EB). Try copying the number, going to the tracking area on FedEx's site, then entering the number manually. Worked for me...

Qel
03-28-2002, 01:46 AM
Still NO Tracking from FedEx......!!!!

Qel

The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 01:49 AM
Doing it the manual way like Pimpus suggested and it worked for me.......my package 'left fedex ramp at Louisville, Kentucky.' oh boy, it was really worth it for that info :)

Qel
03-28-2002, 02:18 AM
Thanks..Kessel my man!!!:D

Qel

The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 02:24 AM
Maybe they could just put my package on the Millennium Falcon and it could arrive at my porch in less than 12 parsecs.

I think Solo owes me a favor......or that guy from Shadows of the Empire with the Outrider, close but not quite as fast.

In other words.......the wait is killing us all eh? :)

Shadowhwk
03-28-2002, 02:40 AM
According to fed ex mine shiped on 99/99/9999, I hope my great great great great great great great great great grand kids appreciate what I've done for them.

Bacon00
03-28-2002, 02:42 AM
Woo hoo! It shipped!!

And your great great (etc) grand kids won't appreciate it, as they will probably already all own real lightsabers, and about to watch Star Wars: Episode 500. Plus they'll be too busy playing Jedi Knights 531.

I hope...

The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 02:55 AM
Jeez Episode 500 will put us around the 1920's era.............but still in a galaxy FAR, FAR AWAY with Boba Fett toting a Tommygun :)

Harbinger
03-28-2002, 03:05 AM
Question!

I thought that this was the best place to ask it since EB is closed right now and I didn't want to start a new thread over it.

EB said they'll have the game in-store tommorow, the 28th. Thing is, I forgot to ask if it'd be there at opening -- 10 am. Anyone know? Or is it something where I'll have to constantly call them throughout the day until they recieve it?

The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 03:07 AM
the game shipped to EB and other retailers today so there's a pretty good chance that if they might not already have it they will probably have it by noon tomorrow.....I would call first to make sure, some people are reporting that some EBs already had it in stock today but most don't.

The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 03:45 AM
Houston I think we may have a problem........on my tracking info my order left Louisville, Kentucky 6 hours ago........and now it has ARRIVED at the Louisville, Kentucky ramp again. Maybe the plane has trouble.........*gulp* ...perhaps someone will end up naming my JKII "Raven" and will paint a face on it and begin talking to it while they spend their time trying to figure out how to get out of the Appalachian Mountains :)

Silent_Thunder
03-28-2002, 03:57 AM
"Delivered To :
Delivery Location : GRANTS PASS OR
Delivery Date : 00/00/0000
Delivery Time :
Signed For By :
Status Exception : Pre-routed meter pkg picked up
Scan Activity :
Left FedEx Origin Location LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 23:38
Arrived at FedEx Ramp LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 23:46
Pickup Exception LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 17:59
Left FedEx Ramp LOUISVILLE KY 03/28/2002 00:00 "

Yay! Or is that Boohoo?

The Kessel Run
03-28-2002, 04:01 AM
Make that two "Ravens" in the Appalachians, one for the surviving Pilot and one for the Co-Pilot :)

Apparition
03-28-2002, 07:20 AM
Arrived at Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN 03/28/2002 01:24
Left FedEx Origin Location LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 23:38
Arrived at FedEx Ramp LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 23:46
Pickup Exception LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 18:00
Left FedEx Ramp LOUISVILLE KY 03/28/2002 00:00

d39
03-28-2002, 08:03 AM
Left FedEx Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN 03/28/2002 05:03

And I only live three hours north of there! It's so close! :explode:

RiseForth
03-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Well, finally the shipping number is working. I would have liked to have known when it's expected arrival to my house is, but at least it's on it's way! :D

-RiseForth