PDA

View Full Version : Official California JKII Owner Thread

Bowen
03-27-2002, 11:11 PM
Well even though I don't have it yet there may be those that do in CA, so if you have it..post it and give some details and pics too please!! I will posting mine tomorrow! :D

Kuhan
03-27-2002, 11:31 PM
i just wasted the last 4 hours of my life waiting for it to come :bored: Oh well probably tomarrow. Until then...

digl
03-27-2002, 11:33 PM
Is that the official CA avatar?:lol:

Foxbatkllr
03-27-2002, 11:35 PM
Well, EBgames said my order has shipped so I should get it tomorrow and I will be posting some screens here too.

Grinch2020
03-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Yup no deal here in the Central Valley either. Hopefully tomorrow

Harbinger
03-28-2002, 12:17 AM
Nothing in the Bay Area or San Joaquin County.

Everyone's saying 28th.

Maven
03-28-2002, 12:17 AM
ive had it for 3 days and im in monterey.

Maven

Cray
03-28-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm in Sacramento, and no one's selling it before tomorrow (I've called everywhere).

As far as someone having it for 3 days so far, that sounds a bit suspicious. I'm sure you've a receipt for that right? :)

Nickeleye
03-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Too bad you didn't get it legally.

Cray
03-28-2002, 12:26 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Bowen
03-28-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Nickeleye
Too bad you didn't get it legally.

I was thinking the same thing. If one person has it in CA, then there will be quite a few that have it as well.

Bowen
03-28-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by digl
Is that the official CA avatar?:lol:

Yeah the black background is the official avatar for it. It signifies that our lives are meaningless without JKII. J/K but It would be nice if the animated gifs were reactivated.

Leinad744
03-28-2002, 01:21 AM
Yep!! I just wasted the whole day looking forward to getting the game..........oh boy was I surprised when the mail came......nada! zip!! just bills!! I wish the Californians could get the game first ,since the damn LEC is located here..... ; )

Cray
03-28-2002, 01:23 AM
No doubt.

I was completely unproductive at work today. ;)

Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 01:50 AM
Yeah Cray I was quite unproductive as well today, thinking that maybe, just maybe my game was at home awaiting me. Unfortunately it was not. On the bright side this week is spring break and I don't have to work tomorrow so the game should be here and I'll have the whole day to play.

acgreen
03-28-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Cray
I'm in Sacramento, and no one's selling it before tomorrow (I've called everywhere).

As far as someone having it for 3 days so far, that sounds a bit suspicious. I'm sure you've a receipt for that right? :)

Hey Cray, I live in Auburn. It's cool that other people in the Jedi Outcast community live so close to me...

Anyway, the real reason I replied was to let you know about something. It's called Lantrocity. They have lan parties with about 200-500 people in Roseville. I haven't gone yet, but I hope to. The JO battles will rock...

AC

Cray
03-28-2002, 04:27 AM
What's up ac? :)

I'm glad I found this board. I've met some really cool folks who are interested in learning the skills it that this game requires and are willing to teach those who want to learn. Added to that, the good old-fashioned fun of getting some people together just to have fun.

Only thing I need now is the damn game! Software ETC...are you listening ot me?!?! :)

Harbinger
03-28-2002, 05:03 AM
I hope the Cali stores got their shipments today because I want to leave the house first thing in the morning and pick up my copy.

Some fresh mornin' coffee, some JO... it'd be perfect.

It's just so ridiculous that LucasArts is smack-dab in NoCal and it seems we're the last to get it. Forum talk of lightsaber school and help on advanced secret moves is driving me insane! How are their saber experts, secret moves, people who beat the game, etc. when it hasn't even been released in the US yet? Augh.

<sigh>

There are people who say they've waited half-a-year for a game and if it's delayed just a day or two, it's nothing they can't endure since they've waited so long already.

Those people are CARAYZAY! :nut:. I mean, get REAL.

I want my JO at exactly 10 a.m. in the morning! EB, Best Buy, Software ETC... whoever!

Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 05:06 AM
Woohoo Tracking Number Works!

Delivered To :
* Delivery Location : CARLSBAD CA
* Delivery Date : 00/00/0000
* Delivery Time :
* Signed For By :
* Status Exception : Pre-routed meter pkg picked up
* Scan Activity :
* Left FedEx Origin Location LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 23:38
* Arrived at FedEx Ramp LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 23:46
* Pickup Exception LOUISVILLE KY 03/27/2002 18:00
* Left FedEx Ramp LOUISVILLE KY 03/28/2002 00:00

SaberPro
03-28-2002, 05:32 AM
I'm in LA. Got it today :)

BestBuy is the store's name. Stalk the salesperson until they give you a copy :)

Harbinger
03-28-2002, 05:41 AM
OMG... so the game has already been shipped to Cali retailers?

Aw, crud. I'm leaving first thing in the morning...

... and WILL NOT take `no' for an answer.

JackTheGaffer
03-28-2002, 06:38 AM
Crap, this means I have to wake up befor 12pm tomorrow.

Bowen
03-28-2002, 06:47 AM
Well I hope EB has it in the morning when I call because I want to get it install it make sure it runs fine then I'll read the manual. It's funny.... I like manuals but I don't like reading it to play the game. I like reading it out of a satisfying feeling to accentuate the games ya know. Anyone else like that?

Leinad744
03-28-2002, 01:25 PM
Yeah!! I'm just like you!!. First install the game, make sure it runs like it should, then play for a few hours (or maybe 10hrs) and then read the manual ....like "oh, ok so that's how you do a force push, no wonder it took me ten times to get past that guy.......hehehe"

Cray
03-28-2002, 01:46 PM
"oh, ok so that's how you do a force push, no wonder it took me ten times to get past that guy.......hehehe"

Laugh. Even more funny because I've done the same. :)

Sithcloak
03-28-2002, 01:53 PM
I live in martiniez which is near concord.

And if you don't know where concord is its near oakland.

And if you don't know where oakland is its across the bay bridge from san francisco.

And if you don't know where san francisco is then you don't live in CA.

It is supposed to arrive in the afternoon around one.

I hope it isn't delayed.

Sithcloak

Grinch2020
03-28-2002, 02:43 PM
I was born and raised in Concord. My dad and I used to launch out of the Martinez marina all of the time to go sturgeon fishing.
As for the manual it's funny I am the exact same way! I will read the intro and flip through the pages and then usually wait until that night right before I go to bed to actually read the whole thing.

SwedishJedi
03-28-2002, 04:09 PM
My local EBX store here in San Francisco (in Embarcadero Center) says they're expecting theirs in by noon PST. I'll report in. :rolleyes:

Torquemada
03-28-2002, 04:10 PM
I called the EB at Embarcadero 4 and they have it. I also called the Downtown CompUSA and the Emeryville CUSA and they both have it. I will have it by lunch time.

BTW, Anyone know of any bay area servers for this game yet?

- Does anyone really think the only thing Luke wanted at the Toshie station was power converters?

Torquemada
03-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Those #$%&@ just told me they had it at Embarcadero. I'm gonna be upset if I get over there and they don't, it's a lot closer than the CUSA on Market. Tell you what, I'm taking my lunch between 12:30 and 1:30, I will let you know what I see.

- Does anyone really think the only thing Luke wanted at the Toshie station was power converters?

SwedishJedi
03-28-2002, 04:34 PM
I spoke to their clerk via phone at 10:10 a.m. and to a clerk last night just before closing, and they did NOT have it in, but they seemed fairly certain that they would have it in with their morning UPS shipment. He said the UPS guy usually comes in just before noon, but they are so busy during the lunch hour they don't have a chance to check and open the boxes until the lunch hour rush subsides. Also, he seemed pretty confident that they're going to have more than enough to cover pre-orders.

I actually tried to order it online but the EB online form kept screwing up, so I chucked it. Since they were offering free two-day shipping, I get it earlier this way, but I have to pay sales tax.

Since I'm only two blocks away, I'll check on it right at 1:00 and post by, say, 1:15 for ya, if that'll save you a trip.

Roger
03-28-2002, 04:53 PM
Hi, I live in San Francisco... but I'm on vacation in the Netherlands, so I don't know if the SF stores have it... I'm going to check the Dutch stores tomorrow (Friday) though :D

Cray
03-28-2002, 04:55 PM
IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Software ETC in Sacramento finally called me and my copy is IN!

Uh-oh...(sniff)...I think...(cough)...I think I'm coming down with something.

I better let my boss...(hack, wheeze)...know that I need to take the rest of the day off. :)

Conco
03-28-2002, 05:02 PM
Just got the game from EBgames.com! fedex arrived this morning. Anyone who chose next day shipping from ebgames.com will definitly get it today!

Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Funny you should say that Conco, because I ordered it from EBgames.com with next day air shipping and I live in Ca and yet I don't have the game. Why? Read my post "I am ENRAGED."

Mr_Dandy
03-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Thanks Cray I am gonna go get one right now...

Maybe check by Best Buy see which is cheaper!

Grinch2020
03-28-2002, 06:09 PM
Well I came home early from work today hoping to see my answering machine blinking saying that software etc. has it but no joy. I think someone said earlier about a 12:00 shipment though so hopefuly I will have it by tonight.

Bowen
03-28-2002, 06:36 PM
I have it!!! I called EB today and was surprised that they had it this morning because their truck does not come in until around noon so they must have received it yesterday. I'm very impressed with the manual as it has all color pages. Most don't now days and it comes in the smaller packaging but has the old style jewel cases not the new DVD type cases. Well I'm off to install it...I'll report on how I like it but I'm pretty sure it will be a very favorable review!!! :D :D :D :D

SwedishJedi
03-28-2002, 07:17 PM
It's 1:15 p.m. PST on 3/28 and I'm reporting in as promised. The EBX store on the ground floor of 4 Embarcadero Center in San Francisco has 32 copies of the game on display, and another dozen in the tin collector's addition. I got mine.

Go for it! I'll see ya online.

SwedishJedi

:elephant:

Cray
03-28-2002, 07:52 PM
Just and FYI...

Software ETC and Electronics Boutique in Sacramento all have a bunch of copies (tin and regular). Get em there if you need it. :)

GB_StormTrooper
03-28-2002, 08:26 PM
I GOT IT, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torquemada
03-28-2002, 09:11 PM
I just got back from there myself (got stuck at work and took a late lunch) I grabbed one of the Collector's Tin's and it's pretty cool. The little lightsaber was quite the hit when I got back to work. Now wouldn't you know it, my wife set up our tax appointment for tonight after work. :mad: Oh well, I will play into the wee hours!

P.S. If your in the Bay Area EBX at Embarcadero 4 still has plenty of both regular and collector boxes.

Grinch2020
03-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Well geez how do you like that. I decided that I would just try calling here in Fresno to see if maybe they forgot to call me... they have it.
Going to pick it up now

SwedishJedi
03-29-2002, 07:52 AM
Glad you got your copy, and sorry that your wife's concerns are so ill-timed. I loaded my copy up on my crappy work machine with an old GeForce256 (i.e., GeForce1) and it ran well enough to make it worthwhile to rumble through about ten minutes of the first mission. I brought it home, and the damn thing locks up about ten percent of the way into the load. Don't know if the disk got messed up, or what? Bleahhhhh!

:confused:

ryudom
03-29-2002, 08:24 AM
yesterday(thudsday) i went to eb and looked at the shelves -no JKii. I was not happy. Then I asked the guy if it was in and he said he just got them and opened out a big box full of them. I was very happy.

Yay!

ryudom
03-29-2002, 08:26 AM
whoops i don't live in california...

Naphtali
03-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Damnet i went to COMP usa in emryville and they said they didn't have it, but to check back tommarrow on friday.
I went and asked customer service and they said they didn't have their in stock date. I think they lied although i didn't see any on display

Can someone tell me another place where i can go in the bay area, where is this EB store, a little help.

Owen
03-29-2002, 08:34 AM
But I do.

GB_StormTrooper
04-01-2002, 05:59 AM
Just noticed the topic also said California, sorry about that. :eek:

Roger
04-01-2002, 10:07 AM
Damn it, I knew I should have gone on vacation... Still in Holland and still no game... hopefully tomorrow...

I'll get a collector's tin when I come back... hope EBX in the embarcadero will still have them next week...