PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh.. Okay guys, so is it great or not?

indianajones9
03-28-2002, 01:40 AM
SOOOOOOOOooooo what do ya'll think? Is it great? Cause i haven't seen any "it's great" posts.

loluz
03-28-2002, 01:51 AM
It's Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Thrawn
The game is the best Star Wars game I have ever played. Comming from me, that's something because I practically worship totally games for the job they did on TIE Fighter. Make no mistake, the game is EXCELLENT. And I don't even have my saber or force powers yet:)

Ron1jed
well

lets see here. Light saber fights are click feasts. The single player is good. The puzzles are very very very hard. The sky does not move. and the story is ok.

Jedi knight 1 is better. Someoen should redo jk with jk2's engine

Ron1jed
03-28-2002, 01:53 AM
o ya and the mutiplayer modes are no where near as fun as unreal tournament

Thrawn
03-28-2002, 01:56 AM
I think you mean click FESTS.
Perhaps you should learn how to use the different moves, and then it would be more than a click fest as so eloquently put it.

Additionally, might I suggest you go play UT then?

mariners2001
03-28-2002, 01:58 AM
The sky does not move.

:lol: Jeez, just get over it already.....

I think this game'll be great...
Everyone's so damn hyped about this game when they play it, they see the bad parts over the good. I'll be very surprised if this game does not get GOTY with all the features and the good vibes coming from the big sites (Gamespot, Gamespy, and IGN)

PS. Gettin' my game tomorrow!:D

Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 02:00 AM
WHO CARES IF THE FREAKIN SKY DOESN'T MOVE!!! GET OVER IT!!! Do any of you remember the lightsaber battles in JK1?? They were "click fests" with only two moves. JK2 has a wide variety of moves. Let's face it, unless you actually pick up a virtual lightsaber or a real one, it's not gonna feel like an actual lightsaber duel. Furthermore, lightsaber duels in the movies are CHOREOGRAPHED. They also use a great number of cuts. If you actually think any video game or even real life duel could come close to those of the movies, you need to go outside and get some fresh air. Every action video game will always be a "click fest." There is no way around it without using actual lightsabers or "virtual" lightsabers...but nobody seems to have that technology yet. My only other suggestion to you is use a joystick for saber duels. I found saber dueling with a joystick in JK1 much more enjoyable than using a mouse and keypad.

Ron1jed
03-28-2002, 02:05 AM
jk2 graphics are great.

jk2 gameplay isn't as tight as UT

Nickeleye
03-28-2002, 02:09 AM
Oh crap! He's turned it into another one of his "the sky doesn't move" threads. What does this make... four now? Complain about the sky someplace else.

Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 02:09 AM
of course the gameplay of JK2 isn't as good as UT...UT doesn't have a lightsaber, or a long single player mode, or force powers...hmm so you mean all the developers had to work on was multiplayer play with just guns? JK2 is balanced and not designed to be just a bunch of people running around with rocket launchers and blasting them at anything that moves.

Ron1jed
03-28-2002, 02:10 AM
i willl. i'm gonna fill raven's mail box with "ya know clouds move in REAL life" e-mails

mariners2001
03-28-2002, 02:12 AM
i willl. i'm gonna fill raven's mail box with "ya know clouds move in REAL life" e-mails

You do that. :rofl:

Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 02:15 AM
While clouds may move, it isn't noticeable unless you are actually looking for it. In video games, when the clouds move, it looks more fake than real life to me. Besides maybe on these other planets the clouds don't move.

Nickeleye
03-28-2002, 02:17 AM
I bet he walks around everyday studying the movement of clouds. You know, clouds don't always move at an extremely rapid rate across the sky....

Harvester
03-28-2002, 02:56 AM
You know, sometimes I've even seen days where there are no coulds in the sky at all! I kid you not!

Anyway. Getting back on point.

I absolutely LOVE this game. The single player is tremendously challenging and I had a real sense of satisfaction when I got my lightsaber. Multiplayer can be a click-fest, but only if you're inexperienced in Lightsaber duelling; once you learn how to effectively control the saber and throw in some combos it becomes less of a click-fest and more of a tactical fight. Add Force skills into the equation and multiplayer Force/saber fights make for a refreshingly exciting change from your typical multiplayer point and click affairs.

You'll love it, Indy (I can call you Indy, right?) Since the multiplayer bots have the best AI I've seen, I'd recommend setting up your own server and practice saber techniques against bots.

B0MBER II
03-28-2002, 02:59 AM
Games awesome

check out these screens i took

http://12.232.4.81/Bomb/HTML/jk2.html

9-10-11 are sorta spoilers i guess since I took then while I was fighting a important character

bunnymud
03-28-2002, 02:59 AM
OMG......THAT PUFFY RABBIT CLOUD IN THE SKY IS PARALYZED!! CALL PETA!!! RAVEN NERFED THE CLOUDS!! OH YEA, AND MY HAIR DOESN'T MOVE AROUND WHEN I DO A BACKFLIP!!! MY HAIR IS NERFED!!!

Harvester
03-28-2002, 03:04 AM
Nerfed?

Did you say nerfed?!

Oh lordy. Another EverQuest player.

;)

Wesman
03-28-2002, 03:05 AM
atleast the sky isnt falling :violin:

Wesman
03-28-2002, 03:07 AM
HEY i never played EQ... yet we say Nerfed in AC :eek:

bunnymud
03-28-2002, 03:08 AM
EQ?? IcK...no

More like DAoC and AC.....but I need some real action to break up that tredmill

AND I CAN'T GET REAL ACTION IF THE CLOUDS AREN'T MOVING!!!!

WWWAARRGGGHHHHHHHHH

/faint

Wesman
03-28-2002, 03:10 AM
heh ok im new here, so dont flame the poo outta me if this isnt allowed....

Bunny, what server on AC do you play? im on HG hehe :lsduel:

Baleine
03-28-2002, 03:14 AM
The game IS great! Is it perfect? Could it have been better? Definitely, but what game is perfect and what game isn't missing this or that to make it better? None, thats what game.

The single player is AMAZING in every respect, but is over quickly if you're an experienced gamer. The story imo is better than that of EP1 :p (not hard to beat, granted, but thats not to say that JK2's story sucks, its great). The shootouts in the first few levels are very exciting, and once you get your jedihood back it gets even better. The saber battles are breathtaking. The music is the same amazing score from the original movies, so its a winner. I especially like the music on the last level... its the tune that plays when the Emperor is shooting lightning at Luke in ROTJ, forget what its called. The graphics are superb with a few exceptions, but overall very immersive. The interface is responsive, the gameplay is great and fast-paced, you're a JEDI out for blood using all sorts of neat powers and the lightsaber, what more could you wish for?

Multiplayer isn't nearly as good as I thought it would be, mainly because they axed down the lightsaber's effectiveness (and/or visual effects) somewhat. You take that (the lightsaber) out, and you've got a pretty average shooter. Thats my biggest gripe, but the game is definitely worth buying anyway.

indianajones9
03-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Well, if the biggest complaint is static clouds...I'm looking forward to it even more. Thanks guys.

You call him Dr. Jones, harvester!!!!!!!!!!

bunnymud
03-28-2002, 01:12 PM
don't forget the static hair

:fett: <---helmet head:D

Jyt-Pon Dai'el
03-28-2002, 01:58 PM
I got it yesturday, and haven't played too much of it yet. I stopped playing it at the very beginning of the Yavin 4 level, so I haven't gotten the saber or Force powers yet (can't friggin' wait to get out of work today :D ). Despite the fact that I haven't even gotten the two most important parts of the game yet, it's still GREAT!! The graphics and character animations are absolutely beautiful (Ghoul 2 damage modelling is stunning), the level design and scripted events are really cool, puzzels are hard but reasonable (actually, I hope puzzels are less frequent in the rest of the game than they were in the beginning levels), and the sound and music are superb. Oh, and I almost forgot, stormtrooper AI is really amazing!

My main gripe was that I had a hard time fighting the stormtroopers with the blasters and bowcaster. They're [edit: the stormtroopers] definately a lot faster and more manuverable than I expected. With the slow-moving shots from the blasters, it really took me a while to get used to "leading" them. Of course the shots were slow in JK1 too, but the stormtroopers were no where near as challenging. Fortunately, after I pick up my Saber, I may never use the Blaster Rifle again!

Kuluwen
03-28-2002, 02:04 PM
SHUT UP ABOUT THE GOD DAMN SKY ALREADY! Go outside if you wanna see the damn sky and stop *****ing to everybody on the forums about something that doesnt matter. And all the people that cry about being stuck just suck at the game. If your a impatient person who cant solve even the most simple puzzle expect to get stuck and get over it (loluz). As for the rest of us lets prepare to kick some ass and have some fun =)

Eric

falhawk
03-28-2002, 02:07 PM
The SP is solid. Some of the puzzles are really goddamn tough, also lots of guy to kill (playing on jedi mode).

I don't know though. I am forced to compare it to other games. I'm a big sw fan so the story is enough for me, but I feel that Deus Ex is the best SP game I've ever played. I wish there were more ways to complete an objective. JK2 is a bit too linear.

MP - I haven't played much yet. CTF feels like quake. Yes I know there are force powers and sabers, but still feels sort of like quake.

Deathmatch - this is I think where JK2 will shine. I am getting a team ready for a team DM ladder (on TWL - www.teamwarfare.com) and I think sabers will be great fun. The problem is that I come from Tribes/Tribes 2 so anything that doesn't have a jetpack automatically gets downgraded a bit.
'

Good game, not great game. Still a good one for the collection though.

Apparition
03-28-2002, 02:21 PM
Amen on Deus Ex. Can't wait for the sequel since it's being built on the Unreal 2 engine. Thief 3 is being built by the guys behind Deus Ex too as well (Don't know if we should call them Ion Storm Austin anymore since they broke off from Ion Storm but still haven't registered a name). Anyway, Deus Ex is one of those classic games that has flaws (what game doesn't?) but it's high points make it incredible. But, I'm biased as it's my favorite game of all time. But that's just for single player because I never got into the multiplayer.

Anyway, Jedi Outcast is a shoe in to be one of my favorites.

Patrickj64_ak
03-28-2002, 02:28 PM
what the hell is with the clouds thing.. you guys must be from huricane central...i mean most times i look up in the sky, i have to study the clouds for a moment or two just to see what way they are going....north, south or whatever. like im going to stand around and study the clouds in a game....not enough time to do that.... someones going to shoot my a$$ if i just stand there..lol

Apparition
03-28-2002, 02:30 PM
Don't worry about it. It's just Ron. We don't care about the clouds but it's his holy quest to have his opinion heard by all.

bunnymud
03-28-2002, 02:43 PM
I was just making fun of the other guy *****ing about the clouds.....unless the clouds are weilding lightsabers and out to get me, I couldn't care less about them:amidala:

Agen
03-28-2002, 03:06 PM
Least there's a sky.