PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Acrobatics and Special moves

Hobo-wan[RXz]
03-28-2002, 01:53 AM
Anyone found any?

There are two special moves per style, and numerous hidden acrobatics.

You dont have to list how to do them (even though everyone will know how to do them in the next couple weeks when they get posted by random people) just list the movement and stance used, I want to know what you guys have found

I've found 5 or so myself..

-Hobo
[RXz]

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-28-2002, 01:56 AM
They're not hidden, they're detailed in the manual and the readme.

Necro
03-28-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
They're not hidden, they're detailed in the manual and the readme.

to translate to 1337mans terms:

RTFM!

Hobo-wan[RXz]
03-28-2002, 02:12 AM
I'm talking about the special moves, and hidden advanced acrobatics.

"There are 8 standard (directional) saber moves per style (for a total of 24), plus 2 special attacks per style, and a good deal of acrobatic moves. There are approximately 300 individual lightsaber animations (if you include all the transitions - each attack can transition smoothly to any other attack) totalling around 3500 frames of animation, just for the lightsaber..."

Also there are the combos that link the light and medium stances together. Some of moves that aren't detailed are the kick, the flip McTwist, Huge overhead chop, Sweep, etc.

Why aren't they in the manual? print error?

-Hobo
[RXz]

mariners2001
03-28-2002, 02:16 AM
Hobo-Wan,

I'm taking it you can kick opponents in this game?! I didn't know that'd be an ability. Or is it some sort of other term I'm unaware of...;)

Hobo-wan[RXz]
03-28-2002, 02:18 AM
Its not a conventional kick.

-Hobo
[RXz]

mariners2001
03-28-2002, 02:22 AM
Its not a conventional kick.

Then what kind of kick is it? Is there a button to kick?

Hobo-wan[RXz]
03-28-2002, 02:23 AM
Find me some special moves and I'll tell you =p

-Hobo
[RXz]

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-28-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Hobo-wan[RXz]
I'm talking about the special moves, and hidden advanced acrobatics.

"There are 8 standard (directional) saber moves per style (for a total of 24), plus 2 special attacks per style, and a good deal of acrobatic moves. There are approximately 300 individual lightsaber animations (if you include all the transitions - each attack can transition smoothly to any other attack) totalling around 3500 frames of animation, just for the lightsaber..."

Also there are the combos that link the light and medium stances together. Some of moves that aren't detailed are the kick, the flip McTwist, Huge overhead chop, Sweep, etc.

Why aren't they in the manual? print error?

-Hobo
[RXz]

Did you read the readme that I mentioned, too? There's a LOT of detail and some of it had to be put in the readme in order to keep the manual printing costs sane. That should answer a lot of your questions.

mariners2001
03-28-2002, 02:26 AM
Find me some special moves and I'll tell you =p

Sadly, I won't have the game until tomorrow! :ball:

Hobo-wan[RXz]
03-28-2002, 02:27 AM
Yeah i've read the readme. Sorry to say that that appears to be the tip of the ice berg, havn't you seen the special moves? the combos? You must of, right? I think you know about the special moves, and I think its a conspiracy.

You have failed me for the last time, ChangKahn, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

*proceeds to force choke*

-Hobo
[RXz]

Foxbatkllr
03-28-2002, 02:31 AM
*Changkhan b*tch slaps Hobo-Wan*

7-7ighlander
03-28-2002, 02:34 AM
*laughs at hobos feeble attempt to choke the MASTAH*

Baleine
03-28-2002, 02:36 AM
Instead of taunting us with this, why not just outright tell us? I'm sure once people find other moves you haven't found they'll be more willing to share then.

Personally I haven't found any yet, or maybe I have and I dont know they are "special", but ah well, i've beat the game and wouldn't mind learning new tricks I missed. Multiplayer seems dull to me, so dont be afraid about me breaking your moves online and outscoring you hehe :D

Zinc
03-28-2002, 02:54 AM
Yes, a printable list of all the moves plus the light saber attacks would be nice.

Necro
03-28-2002, 03:16 AM
Acrobatics
----------
Acrobatics are key for evading enemies and allow you to
maneuver into a better fighting position.

Command: Forward or Backward or Strafe Right or Strafe Left
+ Crouch
Conditions: Must be running or landing from a jump.
Move Type: Roll
Description: You will roll in the direction you have
pressed. Rolling from a jump may help absorb some of the
impact damage. Be careful, though, because once you enter
a roll, your momentum will carry you forward until the roll
stops. You can still turn while rolling so you can use it
to outflank an enemy or avoid rolling off a cliff. You
may not attack during a roll.

Command: Forward + Jump x 2
(Press Jump once to jump and again to flip)
Conditions: Must be running towards a wall and have at
least Force Jump level 2
Move Type: Back-flip off wall
Description: You will take a couple steps up the wall in
front of you and flip backwards away from the wall. You may
end up behind a pursuer, leaving him open for an attack.

Command: Strafe-Left/Right + Jump
Conditions: Standing still with a wall to your left or right,
must have at least Force Jump level 2
Move Type: Right or Left-Flip off wall (respectively)
Description: You will take a couple steps up the wall to
your left or right (depending where the wall is) then flip
toward the opposite direction off the wall.

Command: Strafe-Left/Right + Forward + Jump
Conditions: Running with a wall to your left, must have at
least Force Jump level 2
Move Type: Wall-run on a wall.
Description: You will rise up off the ground and run along
the wall for a short time. If you hit the jump button again
in the middle of this move, you will flip off the wall.

i'm sure there's got to be more...

Hobo-wan[RXz]
03-28-2002, 03:27 AM
Those are just the tip of the ice berg Necro.

BTW hurry up and deop yourself =\

Also, although I know a number of moves, that doesn't mean I can perfectly perform them, or even know HOW to perform them.

-Hobo
[RXz]

Baleine
03-28-2002, 03:29 AM
I've seen the reborn pull moves like the ones you mentionned in single player Hobo-wan, but never in multi. I've also tried pretty much all the key combinations when jumping and never did I pull off any of those moves.

I think they're just differently animated versions of the simple rolls and flips you can do and only SP reborn have them.

Edit: BTW, when you say "kick that isn't a kick per say", do you mean the thing you do when you jump on someone's head and knock them down? Sometimes it does look like a kick, but its a documented move.

[sico]
03-28-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by mariners2001

Then what kind of kick is it? Is there a button to kick?

like running up a wall/wall jump but you do it on peoples faces and it makes them fly back and into the ground

TigZy
03-28-2002, 04:24 AM
I KNEW there were acrobatics. Hah!

TUS_Tomcat
03-28-2002, 06:29 AM
havn't you seen the special moves? the combos? You must of, right?

Dude, he freeking MADE THE SABER SYSTEM

:)

TigZy
03-28-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

Dude, he freeking MADE THE SABER SYSTEM

:)

Maybe he's hiding it :p

loluzzz
03-28-2002, 07:03 AM
he didnt do too good of a job because you cant even stop a swing to block/parry in the middle of it
for example, im using medium stance and i strafe left+attack, but hold it too long, and he attacks left and then does a 360 with his lightsabre, which leaves me open for attack. If i do this by accident i cannot stop it at all, therefore im screwed for the few seconds it takes to complete.

loluzzzz
03-28-2002, 07:06 AM
STOP BANNING ME FROM THE FORUMS

Apparition
03-28-2002, 07:12 AM
Yeah i've read the readme. Sorry to say that that appears to be the tip of the ice berg, havn't you seen the special moves? the combos? You must of, right? I think you know about the special moves, and I think its a conspiracy.

You have failed me for the last time, ChangKahn, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

*proceeds to force choke*

-Hobo
[RXz]

Why is it we always have people that don't understand that ChangKhan actually helped make the game. I think he knows better than you.

Apparition
03-28-2002, 07:14 AM
Stop posting in a topic if you don't mean to add to the discussion.

Baleine
03-28-2002, 07:28 AM
I may have found a "hidden" move, or may not have. At any rate I haven't seen it mentionned in the readme.

Its a jump move that you make while in the heavy stance. Here is a short demo of me doing it: http://pages.infinit.net/blackx/heavyjumpslash.dm_15

You put the file in the demos directory in your gamedate/base dir. You make one (with the S) if there isn't one. Then you need to activate the console and type demo "demoname" to play it.

To do the move you need to do a forward jump slash in the heavy stance and as you are about to land you press the same buttons again at the same time (forward jump primary) and this is what happens. I've tried doing it with the light and medium stances, doesn't do anything.

oldi1knoby
03-28-2002, 07:32 AM
That Demo didn't work for me. Will it work with Q3 to replay it?

Baleine
03-28-2002, 07:38 AM
It will probably not work with Q3, even though its the same engine.

Weird that it doesn't work though... I've replayed it at least 3 times here and it works fine. Anyone else having trouble with it?

TigZy
03-28-2002, 07:42 AM
I just watched it. Very, very interesting. Maybe it's like a chain/combo?

oldi1knoby
03-28-2002, 07:47 AM
Is this where I should put it?

C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\Demos

Do I need to rename it? from heavyjumpslash.dm_15

And is it only supposed to be 15kb?

Baleine
03-28-2002, 07:50 AM
No, you need to put it in your Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\gamedata\base\demos dir. Its a JK2 demo, so you'll need the game to view it. It wont work with Q3 even though its the same engine, because its not the same game and all that :) And yes, its a very short demo, so its small in size.

TigZy
03-28-2002, 07:52 AM
I performed the move. It doesn't have to be done with the special heavy attack; I could also do it with a normal forward jump primary.

oldi1knoby
03-28-2002, 07:53 AM
Aww that sux...wish It would work through Q3..

MrCrusher
03-28-2002, 08:47 AM
To do the move you need to do a forward jump slash in the heavy stance and as you are about to land you press the same buttons again at the same time (forward jump primary) and this is what happens. I've tried doing it with the light and medium stances, doesn't do anything.

There was an similar attack in H2 Fwd+Jump+attack would execute a very powerful jumping downward stab, but if you timed it just right by taping then holding the jump button again at juuuust the right moment in the jump you would do a forward flip and gain an extra 30 percent distance on the jump and then downward stab.......may of been just a game bug ;) , don't know.... but not many players new about it.

I'll have the game today or tomorrow and to setup my controller I will need to find all attacks and defensive moves and then apply what Q3 scripts I can to them. I'll spend a day or two tweaking/programming controller buttons for the best combos etc.

If someone hasn't already set up a "Post your sabre combos and special attacks here>>" thread, then I'll start one and list my personal favorites and some scripts that I've set up for the config file. I expect chain attack/acrobatic combos will be really fun to customize. :D

A topic like this should also get the community sabre-ing like Jedi in no time. That's when the fun begins!

Hobo-wan[RXz]
03-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Apparition since you clearly can't tell, I'll let you in on a secret : I was joking

Having that said, the Twist McFlip can be done by hitting

Forward
Jump
Strafe Left
Attack

You have to do that in less than one and a half seconds, you dont press the keys, you tap them as quickly as possible. With this move timing is EVERYTHING, making it one of the harder moves to use in a saber duel.

-Hobo
[RXz]