PDA

View Full Version : UK Gamers....holler if you hear me!!!!

L'Equa Sinar
03-28-2002, 09:42 AM
Hey Uk'ers!!! JO is finally out here! Wahoo!!! :) Who of us has it? my postman delivered mine bout 11:30 today!!! Just gonna read the manual then set up my controls then away i go!!! :D

The Wibble
03-28-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm about to go and grab my copy in about 10 mins, woohoo! HAPPY HAPPY :D

Force Master
03-28-2002, 09:55 AM
Yes I got mine too!! I went and got it about 9:30 am. Man it was exciting! :)

I had a quick blast with the single player then moved onto bots and now i've just had my first mp match. Too cool!!

;)

|\/|IsF|t
03-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Mine arrived yesterday at about mid day, i been playing quite alot of sp an some bot matches, i think i might go an try some online play soon :D

Miracleasd
03-28-2002, 10:17 AM
yup. i got it. we shall show these (insert name of any other nationality) the true nature of the force.

Scrobes
03-28-2002, 10:17 AM
Seems that EB *are* releasing it today after all.

Bought it from HMV just now though. ;)

Reading manual as I eat my lunch, but still at work, so will have to wait until tonight before I can begin. But got tomorrow off anyway, so..

JK_Morovski
03-28-2002, 10:21 AM
i hear THAT!

just been to buy mine from game at lunch time, got to sit at work and oggle the box till 4pm when i can go and play

i did get a free copy of battle of naboo tho, so thats erm great

BlackDragon
03-28-2002, 10:49 AM
Got mine at 9:20 this morning finally delivered via the postie from Gameplay. Can't believe half the day's gone already! Oh the joys of (genuinely) being off on a sickie!

And is it me, or are the stormtroopers actually harder than they were in JK? And I swear the E11 is harder to use than it was before. Maybe it's my age, but I might have to lower the difficulty level a little!

Me = Super Llamatron!

Wacky_Baccy
03-28-2002, 10:59 AM
My copy arrived yesterday (pre-ordered from Gameplay) - I didn't pay extra for next day delivery, either :p :D

Originally posted by BlackDragon
And is it me, or are the stormtroopers actually harder than they were in JK?
Not just you :)
And I swear the E11 is harder to use than it was before.
I thought so too - but it's also better, IMO :)
Maybe it's my age, but I might have to lower the difficulty level a little!
What level are you using at the moment?

Agen
03-28-2002, 11:12 AM
WTH, i live in the uk and i don't have it, none of my friends has, no-one that i know in rl has it... so WTH.

ran93r
03-28-2002, 11:37 AM
"holler"

Got mine yesterday am from Gameplay

:deathii:

StormHammer
03-28-2002, 12:10 PM
I also received the game yesterday (27th) at 10:00 a.m. from Gameplay.com via 1st class post. They also honoured the original price at the time of my pre-order (in January the game was listed at 26.99, instead of 27.99). Excellent job, Gameplay. ;)

I've only managed to play a large part of level 1 in the SP campaign, so far, and I'm very impressed. The Stormies are tougher than I expected, which is good. Turning on volumetric shadows (if your system can handle it) also adds a bit more atmosphere to the game. ;)

Sorry to hear there are still some in the UK who haven't got their copies yet. :(

BrainStorm
03-28-2002, 12:11 PM
How about a holler from a US gamer that usually plays mostly UKers and etc. since he plays early in the morning?!?!

Scrobes
03-28-2002, 12:15 PM
lol Brainstorm ;)

And Stormie.. you're a Brit?! I didn't know this.

Good, good. :D

God I can't wait to get home... and still am forced to work on this crappy Dr. Who stuff. :rolleyes:

3 hrs to go.

Spikecast
03-28-2002, 02:26 PM
I got mine from gameplay this morning too, i was up late last night, and couldn't sleep from waiting for the game, i was up at 8:30 waiting for the postman :D

The_One
03-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Picked mine up today aswell. Only played for a couple of hours though, just familiarising myself with the feel for the game in a bot game and getting my hands on the saber =]

How fun are acrobatics?!!!

This game is amazing. Will start on SP this evening. I'm so glad I'm on holiday :D

I got a copy of battle for napoo too, I have put it in a cupboard in as far away from my copy of JK2 as possible. They really are showing off the two extremes of LEC, aren't they?

Anyways, I'm off, my saber calls me...

Zaccix
03-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Hey.

I got my copy from EB earlier. Haven't tried MP yet but played through the first 15 minutes or so of SP and so far, so good. :)

L'Equa Sinar
03-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Yeah, i had the sleep problem too, woke up about 7:45 and couldn't sleep then!!! The problem was my postman came at 9:00 and he then came back about11:30 and said "i forgot this earlier.." GRRR!!! lol, sadly form 7:45 - 9:00 my girlfriend was a bit angry at me for being awake so early!!! lol :)

Fabba The Kabin
03-28-2002, 05:07 PM
I got a very nice surprise on 27th, I thought it would come much 28th/29th!

I reckon that the SP is quite tough (especially knowing where to go)

Great game though!

The Count
03-28-2002, 05:51 PM
I GOT IT IT ROCKS, THANK YOU LUCAS ARTS IF THE SPECIAL EDITION IS ALSO RELEASED HERE JUST YOU TRY AND STOP ME!!

Steg
03-28-2002, 06:12 PM
*is hollering*
i ordered mine yesterday from amazon!! it isent here yet!! ARGH!!!
and it might not cum 2 more cus its a bank holdiay i might have 2 wait till Saturday!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpliffCartel
03-28-2002, 06:20 PM
I got mine from Gameplay at about 7.30am on the 27th! I have hardly played it though, damn you work!

m24
03-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Could someone tell me what type of case this comes in please?I just need to know if it will fit through the letterbox or if it's one of those big boxes.I ordered form gameplay but it didnt come today so I just need to know if i'll have to be up early on saturday to answer the door or just let it drop through the letterbox.:)

polygon_monkey
03-28-2002, 07:57 PM
gameplay.com delievered mine yestarday. Unfortunatly I had to work late. Been smacking its ***** ass down tonight though. Thank god for the long weekend.

The acutal game box is dvd size. The gameplay box is about the same size as an old pc game box but not as wide.

http://www.btinternet.com/~alexander.compton/jedi.jpg

m24
03-29-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by polygon_monkey
gameplay.com delievered mine yestarday. Unfortunatly I had to work late. Been smacking its ***** ass down tonight though. Thank god for the long weekend.

The acutal game box is dvd size. The gameplay box is about the same size as an old pc game box but not as wide.

http://www.btinternet.com/~alexander.compton/jedi.jpg

Thanks,hopefully that should fit through the letterbox.:D

Lazerus101
03-29-2002, 10:03 AM
Got mine in EB yesterday with the awesome (jah right) Battle for Naboo free :p

Anakin
03-29-2002, 10:09 AM
HAHAHAHAH I got mine on Wednesday :)
Mr Wacky and Ishould of been MP ing yesterday- but he didnt come on line :)

Oh BTW We have a Count Dooku model ready to release once the tools are also released :)

Ushgarak
03-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Count Dooku model will be not much fun without his sabre style.

Sigh... I can't get in to pick it up until tomorrow. Bugger!

Cassiel_Blaize
03-29-2002, 12:12 PM
Chalk another one up for the UK contingent. :)
Wandered out yesterday (Thu 28) to pick up my copy from GAME. They were giving away a free copy of Battle For Naboo with every copy they sold, though if you wanted a student discount they gave you the choice of that or the free game. I plumped for the discount- go figure.

-JH.

L'Equa Sinar
05-06-2002, 07:24 PM
:ben: Wulolo wulolo (hey! its the closest i could get to an age of empire priest!

:trooper:Hey, you there! Why are you bringing this pot back form the dead?

:snow: Blast him!

:ben: Wulolo!

:snow: Argghh!

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 08:48 PM
* [HoT]-Sinar slaps D'akt with a trowel
* [KoS]D'akt f*cks [HoT]-Sinar's eyeholes until [HoT]-Sinar's head is pregnant
<[HoT]-Sinar> ooh baby! yess!
* [HoT]-Sinar gives birth, to, well, something..
<[KoS]D'akt> 8-o

L'Equa Sinar
05-06-2002, 08:59 PM
I resent that!

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 08:59 PM
* [HoT]-Sinar reads your post...
<[HoT]-Sinar> B*STARD MOTHER F*CKER!
<[KoS]D`akt> lol
* [HoT]-Sinar beats D'akt to death with a small smelly kipper

D'akt Sangwar
05-06-2002, 09:04 PM
*** [HoT]-Sinar has quit IRC (Dunno why i am going OK?!?! Just let me go damnit! No, let go of the strings!! NOOOOO! <smash> Right, that bloody well does it, i'm gonna have you for that you little SOB you come near my Tube Warehouse and i'll glue your head up your arse!)

L'Equa Sinar
05-07-2002, 12:48 AM
Who would say such a thing?