PDA

View Full Version : problems with Lightsaber Duels

ps2maddenman
03-28-2002, 11:16 AM
It seems I constantly taunt "K" people into a duel and I haven't had a single person agree to duel, this is very annoying, nobody uses it and it seems like a waste of programming since it is so far a null point. but then again, it may be that all of the Warez people who are playing don't know about the controls? (K to taunt into a duel)

***frustrated***

Aik
03-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Been there...

Goddamn annoying...

Had to explain two of my idiot friends that they had to actually press the K key to agree... RTFM!!! :D

Endo'Cun
03-28-2002, 11:19 AM
I know why dude
this game is new give em like a week or so to learn controls and what to do.

Aik
03-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Endo'Cun:

Well, how hard can it be to read the manual/readme? Then you'd know that you have to agree to the saberchallenge...

ps2maddenman
03-28-2002, 11:51 AM
Maybe I am just too used to the RTCW, MOHAA, and Counter-Strike community where people are constantly chatting, asking questions, giving help and tips, I tried to tell people to press "K" to duel on numerous times (I really want to see this) but nobody even responds, it's like they don't read whats going on.

7-7ighlander
03-28-2002, 12:41 PM
give it time.. ppl are either no good warezers
OR getting used to the game. Itll get better, it always does.

Ostracized
03-28-2002, 04:58 PM
One thing i noticed. Maybe there are more like me in this... but when im playing and someone comes up to me with a Saber in there hand.. i dont watch for the stupid text at the top of the screen. I consintrate on making sure im the one alive in 5 seconds. :)

MrCrusher
03-28-2002, 05:38 PM
Label your server as a 1 on 1 dueling server or log on to a 1 on 1 dueling server. They also happen to be far more social. See ya on the 1 on 1 servers............ :)

chiablo
03-28-2002, 06:16 PM
I had a very good experience with dueling... pretty good story too.

I was battleing just recently and I kept killing this guy (I think his Moniker was HaXx0r somethingorother) not purposly. He would be fighting, and I'd just run up and kill the first person I saw. ;)

So finally he got sick of it and threw his glove down, hit K and challenged me to a duel. I accepted and we went at it. He won, I congratulated him and we went our seperate ways.

very nice use of the duel. But that was my only experience with it. I do see how it could be easily abused.

I'd still like to know how bots react to it... more testing needed on my part I suppose.

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by ps2maddenman
It seems I constantly taunt "K" people into a duel and I haven't had a single person agree to duel, this is very annoying, nobody uses it and it seems like a waste of programming since it is so far a null point. but then again, it may be that all of the Warez people who are playing don't know about the controls? (K to taunt into a duel)

***frustrated***

I know, I've been trying to teach them. I keep backing off and challenging them until they ask me how to accept the challenge and I tell them. Then they tell 2 people, then they each tell to more people, then... well, you get the idea... :)

Neko Lain
03-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Well, dueling somebdy can be borring, you dont get to use the force powers, when someone duels me, theres a 50\50% chance if i accept, depending on the situation, but its fun when they try to dduel you, and you run up and kick them and kill them =)

7-7ighlander
03-28-2002, 06:46 PM
One thing is certain, it is NOT a waste of programming.
Im eternally grateful to Raven for including this piece of code, stopping lamahs from interfering good duels.