PDA

View Full Version : The games Crashes when use "Very High Textures" and doesnt work the Volumetric Sha

Obi-Wan00
03-28-2002, 06:11 PM
I have a PIII 800mhz 256mb Voodoo5 64mb win98se (with the WickedGL drv. that works great)

1st) Everything is fine with the game exept when i use the "very high textures" that when loads complete the game crashes back to the desktop. Anyone can help me with this one???

2nd) When i try to use the "volumetric shadows" the game doesnt crash but it just have BIIG FPS Slowdowns and doesnt change really the shadows or the image quality. Maybe its a problem of the V5 5500 video card i tought. But i dont really know for sure. So, i need some help.

I hope some of u guys can help me with this ones...

I really apreciate ur help in advance!! THX A LOT!! really.

Minimaul
03-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Then don't use 'very high detail' drop it to medium. It'll run , and it'll run good. 'very high detail' is for those super gaming computers, like a p4 2.0 with a gig of ram.

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-28-2002, 06:28 PM
2) your video card must not have a stencil buffer, don't use volumetric shadows. As far as I know, we do not officially support any voodoo cards, sorry.

Obi-Wan00
03-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Thanx for the help. As for the volumetric shadows i dont use them, i was just asking why i cant see any difference. now i know!

but for the very high textures its suppose to work, cause i ran Medal of Honor with all the textures at max and works fine, so this one have to work fine too. but not, it crashes back to desktop... why?