PDA

View Full Version : Character design and history

Xirion
03-29-2002, 04:20 AM
how will you design your character? will you give it a history/backstory?
and what will it look like?

Com Raven
03-31-2002, 11:15 AM
well, it has to be a human, so not much choice on that one...

male of course...

and for the rest, we don't know enough...

hope there are different body types as in NWN...

Xirion
03-31-2002, 11:04 PM
bah all jedi gonna be human?

Darth Simpson
04-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Don't know about background, as the game may provide one for you, if it's crucial to the story. I'll probably play a male, since I am one... ;)

I'd like a ton of customization options for my character though, so I can make him / her look exactly as I'd like. Things such as hair style / color, clothes, body type, etc.

Com Raven
04-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Well, BG provided you with a constraining enough backdrop...

Wraith 5
04-01-2002, 06:26 PM
so do you have to be a jedi or will it be like bg where you can pick different classes?

I haven't heared...

Woad
04-02-2002, 02:07 AM
I think it's pretty much a given that your a Jedi Knight. Given the title and the fact that the mechanics and screen shots seem to revolve around the force and the lightsaber.

Xirion
04-02-2002, 09:10 AM
hmm and the fact its called Nights of the old republic!

Com Raven
04-02-2002, 09:21 AM
You start off as anything but a jedi..

later on, you get involved with the force, but you still don't have to become a jedi...

Darth Simpson
04-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Perhaps you mean Knights... ;)

Well, BG provided you with a constraining enough backdrop...

True. I was just thinking since it's Star Wars, it could be pretty restricted in that category. I could be wrong of course, but it's just a thought...

Com Raven
04-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Well, NWN doesn't seem to have a given background, so we will see....

StormHammer
04-11-2002, 10:06 AM
I'll probably start off as a Bounty Hunter or something...and then become a Jedi, like my father before me... :D

I'm not sure if I'll be playing male or female yet - but I definitely want to see a lot of character config options right at the start, so you can tweak your appearance how you like.

It's a pity you don't get to choose your own ship, though. I wouldn't have minded just a choice of 3...at least it would have offered a little variation. Oh well...

As for character history...well, I hope that's left as open as possible - with a choice of home planet, etc., which may have an affect on how certain NPCs react to you in the game.

I too would have liked a choice of Race for the main character...limiting you to being a human seems a bit odd from where I'm sitting. After all, any race can be force sensitive, and potentially become a Jedi - and any race could learn Basic as a language, so that's no barrier.

We can only hope the game's a success (I'm sure it will be), and they add some of these options in an expansion pack...or maybe a sequel.

Com Raven
04-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Well, in most cases where there are lots of different races, ppl play humans anyway...