PDA

View Full Version : Editing JK2

WD_Rage
03-29-2002, 05:19 AM
How would I go about editing JK2? Do I wait for it's source to come out, or can I use the Q3:TA source to mod? If i have to use the JK2 source, where can I get it? If I use the Q3:TA source, how do I apply it to JK?

UniKorn
03-29-2002, 05:40 AM
You'll have to wait.

GreyWing
03-31-2002, 01:35 PM
"You'll have to wait"

Have to wait? well how is everybody else getting access to the code? I've already seen like ten mods released already.

Lone Stranger
03-31-2002, 07:54 PM
It's not code they've got access to. They're using Quake3 eding tools and somehow outputting game files for JKII.

I'm in the process of figureing out how to use this stuff. I haven't done any level editing since Duke Nukem 3D.

UniKorn
03-31-2002, 08:03 PM
Level editing won't work at the moment since Raven modified the q3map.exe quite heavily. Building a simple map in gtkradiant with 1 entity won't even load.

GreyWing
03-31-2002, 08:11 PM
They're using Quake3 eding tools and somehow outputting game files for JKII.

Uni, can you shed some light on how to do this?

UniKorn
04-01-2002, 09:15 AM
The Darth Maul skin was probably created by changing the skins and then editing the textfiles that assign the skin to the model. But I didn't have a lot of time to check out everything yet, I am busy playing the game :) Force push and force pull rule the world ;)

UniKorn
04-01-2002, 09:17 AM
Just found it on the forum (by Tek) :
just open assets0(with winzip), extract the skin you want to change, change it, make a new folder in the c: drive that has the same path as the file path in the pk3 file(I.E. models\players\kyle, its on the very right in the pk3) then take a new pk3(i dont know how to make them so i just copied assets1 and deleted all the contents) put the file in the empty pk3 (and make sure you have save full path info checked when adding the file)
, then just put in in your base folder