View Full Version : Basic Hints
11-19-2001, 02:01 PM
Welcome to my post. In this post I would like all new users, and also experienced ones; to post good ideas / questions that they have about the game. I think that something like this will get everyone talking and involved and also that we would become better players because of it.
Power Cores: I think that these are one of the most essential buildings in the game. It powers shield generators, and sufficiently increases building production. I think that there are several tricks with Power Cores. First, disperse them throughout your base so as to increase effectiveness of all of your buildings. Also, create enough of an overlap between two power cores so that a shield generator will fit. That way they don't just target your shield generators with their troops/bombers.
Any suggestions/ posts are welcome.
Also, you can drop me a line online at PhantomKiller1@hotmail.com
11-29-2001, 08:43 AM
Animal Nurseries :D can't live with without them. You need these, whether the contain animals or not, for Mounted trooopers, and you can also store your herded animals in as a continual source of food, upgradeable through the tech levels. :)
12-14-2001, 05:52 PM
Ore, ore, and more ore.
1. Gather as much as possible. Start with 1 ore gatherer *before* you get started developing Age 2.
2. As soon as Age 2 arrives, build another ore gatherer, and a worker to be a dedicated, permanent wall & turret builder. Wall off every possible area of ingress into your town, blocking off spaces between trees, all around the edge of your coast line, etc.
3. At regular intervals, build gates to let your forces in and out (don't shut yourself in!). Flaking each gate, build a turret (i.e. 2 per gate). Also build turrents every so often along the wall, making sure at least one turret is covering each other turret, so that if they get attacked, they can help each other until your movable troop units arrive.
4. Guard each gate area with a couple of troopers and a mounted or other melee unit. Keep building forces at those gates.Sooner or later the computer will come, and he will try to come through the gate. If you have a few units there, and some towers, you can stop him, or at least hold him off long enough to pull your troops from other gates to reinforce.
5. AA-batteries. Very important. Build one in between (and slightly behind) each pair of towers. They'll save you if he tries to sack you from the air.
May the Force be with you.
12-24-2001, 05:41 AM
If you are playing against the Naboo you definetely need a good air-defence strategy. Start with AA-troopers in TL2 but then you will need to supplement them with AA-towers in TL3 and then when you attack don't forget to cover your troops with mobile-AA.
Don't bother fighting them with your own fighter especially if your TF, Gunguns or Empire. You may get equality if your Rebels. Wookies I'm not sure about.
When you get a chance at thier base target the power cores and their air base. Once thier air capability has hbeen destroyed you can then relax and really strat massing your ground troops/mechs for the final assault.
12-24-2001, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Chessack
Ore, ore, and more ore.
this is something that is a big change form AoE, and i agree totally. Ore is far more important, and very necesasary. You need AA turrets, shield generators, towers and a fortress asap when you hit tech 3, this uses a lot of ore!
12-24-2001, 10:55 AM
Actually, ore is the equivalent of stone in AOK, and is equally essential.
that said, i rarely focus on ore, since i can trade it when i need it and focus heavily on nova (gold in AOK).
You don't need ore for units, which makes it a bit less necessary for my taste.
12-24-2001, 06:05 PM
my most=3 ore guys. I play DM, and a lot of buildings can be built without gathering ore. I do well, though.
12-25-2001, 08:59 PM
in campaign use a group of scouts to scout and you can find some nice stuff a group of 15 or 20 can survive a lot of fire and you will find that in campaign many buildings ie animal nursureys are in random undefended places once i found one with 10 inside and 6 around it killed the building took them all back
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.