PDA

View Full Version : A Place for your Skin

Grand Moff
04-05-2002, 02:50 AM
Well there have been some skins posted on these boards

and when you get to these sites they dont work because they are over bandwidth or what not.

So i have been thinking of putting up a skinning site.
Anyone interest?
I happen to work for a large hosting comapny and ISP so I get a large sight and a lot of bandwith for free....wooowhooo!
and its just been sitting there.

Of course you would have to send me a link to get your file and some screen shots of the skins at least 2 a front and a Back.

I will be putting only starwars skins on the site. I love homer simpson also but I dont want him in game.
I will be rating the skins
I dont want to discourage new skinners but if you skin bites and I put it up on the site be prepared to have me say exactly what I think is or is not good about it.

I'm also open to ideas anybody got any?

TRiLoGY
04-05-2002, 12:16 PM
I think this would be a great idea! I have thought of something similar to this myself, something like the "XWA Upgrade" site!

Anyone could submit a skin, and if there are more than one of the same skin, the best one would stay untill someone makes a better one! Does that make sense?

Anyway, you would end up with the best models and skins ready for download in an 'Ultimate StarWars SkinPack' kinda thing... :D

D.L.
04-05-2002, 12:37 PM
I already have a site. I offered to host/rate them already.

email to: chrislad@skynet.ie

Current Site

http://www.csn.ul.ie/~chrislad

Aiee
04-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Seeing as it's quake engine, I'm guessing Polycount will have a JK:O skin section up in a while. There's also Massassi.

SkataN
04-05-2002, 01:29 PM
If your gonna make site, make sure you allow any skins of any characters starwars or non starwars related.

Rajess MoDuron
04-05-2002, 01:30 PM
There could be specific sites for Star Wars related and non-related. All under the same domain or whatever, but decidedly different so you don't have to hunt for what your looking for. Easy to do, no?

Seth

Grand Moff
04-05-2002, 05:05 PM
Great I will get to work on it right away.

There will only be starwars skins on my site.
From any novel or expaned universe of course.