View Full Version : Last time ill look for guidance *sigh*
04-06-2002, 04:06 PM
Since i wasnt able to put skins in my base folder with out a error message comming up i tried at my friends computer to see if it was the computer. It wasnt, i tried moving them, unzipping them to it, and extracting but i always got a error message. Can someone tell me the prossess they took in putting it in the base folder???
04-06-2002, 04:12 PM
I could possibly help you if you tell me what error message you're getting.
04-06-2002, 04:22 PM
It depends which way u want me to try :D i get a different one everytime depending on which way i try to put it in the base
04-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Ok...scratch that idea, then.
Elaborate on what your problem is. Tell me what you're doing, what you want it to do, and what it's doing.
04-06-2002, 09:21 PM
When i get home ill try all possible ways i tried and all error messages recived.
Does it have anything to do with winzip btw?
04-06-2002, 11:00 PM
when zipping up the skin files, don't have "add hidden files" checked
reinstall jk2 and take the old skin out
04-06-2002, 11:04 PM
Ok i am running a test. My first step i always do is which may be a problem is....
1. When it says save or open i click save and i click the drag down bar at the top where it says JEDIOUTCAST (D:) and click on the plus next to it then a GAMEDATA folder comes up then i click the + again and a folder called gamedata comes up then i click the + again and base comes up.
2.So i click save and this error message comes up:
You do not have permission to save in this directory, See the administator to obtain permission.
3. So then i save in my documents.
4. So i come to open and then winzip comes up and i click agree and the winzip wizard comes up.
5. then it gives me the choices of install or unzip from maul.zip , and update maul.zip or creat a new zip file and i click choice 1.
6. Then it gives me the choice of unzip now to c:/unzipped.maul and i try to chage it by clicking the + on JEDIOUTCAST (:D) then the plus on GAMEDATA then the + on gamedata then i click on base folder and click unzip.
7. Error: access denied comes up and it says it cannot create D:/GAMEDATA/gamedata/base/maul.pk3
8.Then i install it to the default set up by it and the folder comes up with maul PK3 file and readme.
9. Then i goto the Winzip file of it and click extract to D:/GAMEDATA/gamedata/base
10. Then it says Access is denied [file name]
11. As a last futile attempt i try to drag it into there by going in my computer , exploring the CD , then click GAMEDATE, then gamedata, then base.
12. Then it says Cannot copy maul files, Files on this CD are read only. You can still replace files on to this writable CD, which will replace files already on the disk.
Ok so thats how i try to do it, can someone find the flaw!
04-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Hey i spent a long time typin that! And i didnt want the smileys in there hehe
04-07-2002, 12:13 AM
You're trying to put it on the CD????
Nononononono and no! :p
You gotta put it where JO was installed on your C drive. The default directory is C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars somethinsomethin
04-07-2002, 12:32 AM
:D :D :D Thank ya sir ill see if my brain can prossess this hehe:D :D :D
04-07-2002, 12:53 AM
TY!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL MAKE A STATUE TO HONOR UUUU
04-07-2002, 03:42 AM
You tried to copy files onto the CD?? CD's are not floppy disks...now slowly step away from the computer before you break it...maybe you shouldn't be skinning...
04-07-2002, 03:44 AM
= ( mabey im not just as smart as people, punk!!!!
04-07-2002, 03:49 AM
My point wasn't that you are stupid, just that you shouldn't be messing around with some of these files if you don't know what you are doing.
04-08-2002, 11:12 AM
When I read this thread...I wasn't prepared to burst into uncontrolable laughter at the end....to funny.
04-08-2002, 06:09 PM
absolutely priceless...has reinstalled my faith about meh having 'ago' at skinning:bdroid2:
04-08-2002, 10:22 PM
it might be wise to install the game back to the CD. :)
not to be rude or anything but, it might be a better idea to leave skinning to the pros, and gaming to the others :)
04-08-2002, 10:48 PM
K you morons it didnt allow me to change files in the CD and who ever said anything about me skinning???? So if you could plz get the Fu*k off my back
04-08-2002, 10:59 PM
*sigh* For crying out loud, man, get some thicker skin. You made a bonehead mistake, hey, we all do. And if one of your friends, for example, tries to back out of the garage and puts the car in Drive by mistake, I'd be willing to bet a decent amount of money that you'd poke fun at him for at least a little while.
And the suggestion to reinstall the game to the CD was a JOKE. Unless you have a CD-R drive and a recordable CD, you can't put files onto a CD. And I have to agree with the other posters here, that if you don't have such a basic level of computer knowledge (and I don't say that as an attack; not everyone is a power-user and there's nothing wrong with that), you really shouldn't be messing with game data files.
04-11-2002, 03:59 PM
rotflmao, i know i'm a little late to the thread
but that is absolutely hilarious. oh well, we all make mistakes:rolleyes:
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.