PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing corpses in Single Player?

DemonKing
04-08-2002, 01:46 AM
Is there any way to stop the corpses disappearing in Single Player?

I like to see evidence of my handiwork lying around (even if it can slow down the fps a bit).

Regards,

Emon
04-08-2002, 03:45 AM
I don't think so, and if you could your FPS would slow A LOT not a little.

BJP3E
04-08-2002, 04:10 AM
I would like the bodies to stay too

they do in NOLF and SOF its didn't seem hurt the FPS either. plus if their do get to be too many bodies then a few could vanish

Mattman
04-08-2002, 04:27 AM
I don't think it'd be that big a hit on the system.. I mean, the troopers were there before you killed them. Same amount of polygons, same skins.

Emon
04-08-2002, 04:52 AM
Hmm, true true. I suppose it's for those who have low end systems where their framerates plummet with lots of NPCs, so when they die they want to raise it back up.

At least it's not as bad as the Shadows of the Empire game...the guys faded as soon as you killed them! Ach! Also what was with those guns?? You could fire rockets and disruptors out of your BlasTech DL-44 pistol... WTF?!?!

NielsN
04-08-2002, 08:25 AM
Hi,

I asked ChangKhan[Raven] following question:

Hi,

a lot of our readers and myself want the dead bodies keeping on the ground. Is there anything we can do? ...

and ChangKhan[Raven] answered:

"Unfortunately, no, not at this time. But if we do a patch, I will be certain to include a console variable that makes the bodies stay forever... :)"

----------------

Yeah, that's great, isn't it? :)

Niels

www.krawall.de