PDA

View Full Version : Where does the Emperor Reborn thing happen?

LoganakakWolverine
08-30-2001, 11:34 PM
I've read most of the Star Wars books and I've always read about something to do with the Emperor being reborn and Luke joining him for a time. When did all of this happen and what books was it from?

Sub-Zero
08-31-2001, 02:07 AM
It was six years after his presumed death at Endor. He had a special cloning place on his new throneworld, which was Byss. I don't know what book it was, but that's all I pretty much know, excpet I also know about the Eclipse and how it was destroyed.

antilles
08-31-2001, 01:02 PM
Well, that story is show in the Dark Empire comic, and DE2, the final is Emperor's End.

The Jedi Academy series is happen right after DE.

Rogue15
08-31-2001, 02:05 PM
Wasn't there a Luuk Skywalker? i read something about cloning the hand that vader cut off. heh i don't remember where i read it.

Kurgan
08-31-2001, 06:28 PM
In "the Last Command" (book three of Timothy Zahn's first Star Wars novel trilogy, in the 1990's) you see Luuke, the clone.

Dark Empire (the comic book series compiled into a larger graphic novel; which also had a sequel "Dark Empire 2") featured the clone Emperor.

Kurgan

BeastMaster
09-01-2001, 07:46 PM
The Last Command: When Luke's hand was cut off in ESB, Vader recovered it (off-camera), and the Emperor placed in in Mount Tantiss (on Wayland). Years later, when C'baoth set up shop there (at Thrawn's behest), he found the hand, and used it as raw material to produce the clone Luuke Skywalker, who died shortly thereafter at Mara's hands.

Dark Empire: A year later, the Empire retakes Coruscant, but then collapses into civil war. Luke discovers that Palpatine had survived Endor via a series of clones (in fact, he was probably a clone at Endor, his natural body having died years earlier). Palpy makes a very good case for the Dark Side being unbeatable, and Luke (being an idiot) decides to try to fight it from within. He takes his father's place at Palpatine's right hand, and witnesses Palpy's jump to yet another new clone body (that looks remarkably like James Marsters, oddly). Leia rescues him and the Eclipse is destroyed with Palpatine on board.

Dark Empire II: Meanwhile, back on Byss, some of the surviving Dark Adepts are demolishing the last remaining clone factory. High Inquisitor Sedriss stops them in time to save the last surviving clone. Unfortunately, the clone body is degrading (we find out in Crimson Empire that the clone formula was poisoned by an ambitious Royal Guard), and Palpy needs a fresh infusion of Jedi DNA. Meanwhile, R2 saves the day by sending the Eclipse II to crash into the Galaxy Gun, destroying both of them, as well as the planet Byss. R2 still doesn't get a medal. :(

Empire's End: Palpatine catches up with Han & Leia, is shot by Han, and tries to transfer his essence into newborn Anakin Solo. He is stopped by another Jedi (Empatojayos Brand) sacrificing himself to entangle Palpy's Force essence, and the Emperor dies for the last time.

EE is very badly written, BTW. It ends up turning a truly sinister and haunting villain into a satiric mustach-twirler who crumples after one shot. :mad:

brashin99451
09-02-2001, 03:36 AM
the strongest jedi in the history of the universe is stopped by an insane fallen jedi hobo. thats **** if i ever heard it.