PDA

View Full Version : Ever met a guy named Kensai around?

seanconnery
04-08-2002, 12:18 PM
He pwnd me and a whole server. 25 was his score and the next closest was 3, in a ffa when we all dueled.

THis guy is total ownage.

seanconnery
04-08-2002, 12:25 PM
I was lucky enough to have been able to record a demo of him in action - anyone have space to host it? It's 594 k, 490 zipped.

[sico]
04-08-2002, 12:26 PM
hey its sean connery! love your site

www.yourethemannowdog.com

KevanBates
04-08-2002, 12:57 PM
i have PLENTY of space(at least i f i download it)...thats what youre implying right?:c3po: I have a cable connection so it shouldnt go very slow.
:fett:

KevanBates
04-08-2002, 12:59 PM
BTW, Kensai is actually from another game, Baldurs Gate 2 I believe. It's a class from Balgurs Gate 2, a class where you can wear no armor, but are VERY skilled in swordsmanship. Hope this helps :jawa

GreyJedi
04-08-2002, 02:27 PM
I believe Kensai is Japanese for "Sword Saint". The greatest Japanese swordsman was someone named Mushashi Miyamoto - the Kensai. He killed over 60 men in one-v-one duels, sometimes using a wooden stick, while the other guys used real swords. He is also the author of the famed "Book of 5 Rings".

[sico]
04-08-2002, 03:09 PM
YOURE THE MAN NOW DOG

manickat
04-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Thanks GreyJedi, I'll look into that. Maybe make lurking in these forums worth something.

seanconnery
04-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Yes, I've read the (loooooong) novel based on the legend of Musashi...the ending was crappy, though, how he smashed the guy's head with a wooden stick. :(

The Kensai I refer to is a player nickname.

GreyJedi
04-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Well, if this player is as good as the real life Sword Saint, I wouldn't expect to win many duels against him. Happy hunting.

Eternal
04-08-2002, 09:45 PM
I would like to see that demo. Please update this thread when you have it up KevanBates

Eternal
04-08-2002, 09:47 PM
BTW, there was also a Kensai unit in Shogun: Total War. It was a one man unit that could rip through whole units of samurai unscathed. It's cooool

Kiell_Randor
04-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Any chance you could email me that demo? jedi_Swordsmen@yahoo.com

When my 'clan' gets its website up in a few days we might be able to throw it on there.

Hado
04-09-2002, 03:47 AM
Train your body to be like a rock, and ten thousand things will not touch you..

Kensei

:)

seanconnery
04-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Is it really you?

On the GL Saber only server??

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check your PM!

Veem Vidor
04-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Is this Kensai guy, really that good, Never met a guy who was never beaten in duell matches.

seanconnery
04-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Let's just say that I'd thought I was pretty good before meeting this guy.

He's very, very good.

BlacKnight
04-09-2002, 09:06 PM
I would like to see this guy too could you email it to me @ cyberknight127@hotmail.com

thanks

Mr Tim
04-09-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Hado
Train your body to be like a rock, and ten thousand things will not touch you..

Kensei

If you didn't pick it up, this is a quote from the Book of Five Rings by Musashi, which was referred to earlier.

"When you have mastered the Way of Strategy you can suddenly make your body like a rock and ten thousand things cannot touch you. This is the body of a rock."

Basically, this is part of almost a spiritual guide to his technique in fencing.

Besides that, I still want to see this demo.

seanconnery
04-09-2002, 11:26 PM
I've read the book many times, thank you. :)
Hehe.

It's just that Kensai had the line(yes, that very same line!) and several other quotes from the Book bound to a key.
I'll post up the demo when I get home from school in about 8 hours.

seanconnery
04-09-2002, 11:28 PM
I've read the book many times, thank you. :)
Hehe.

It's just that Kensai had the line(yes, that very same line!) and several other quotes from the Book bound to a key.

Mr Tim
04-10-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by seanconnery

Now that's pretty cool - I would have liked to see that.

You'd want to be good enough to back up in action any comments like that you make though, but from what you say - that certianly wasn't an issue.

Hado
04-10-2002, 01:02 AM
The key to winning is as much spiritual preparation as training itself..

In game, I say these things to remind myself not to deviate from The Way.

[sico]
04-10-2002, 01:03 AM
Yeah alright! *sticks thumb down and makes fart noise*

Hado
04-10-2002, 01:27 AM
Bend to my spirit!!

O_O

DataChild
04-10-2002, 02:45 AM
Can you please send to DataChild@Comcast.net i would greatly appreciate it!

luxojr
04-10-2002, 03:11 AM
If nobody's got it online yet, I'd really appreciate it being emailed to dna4383@hotmail.com

Is this guy saber only? Hope so.

Roach604
04-10-2002, 03:39 AM
dammit, now I want to see it, too!
tnoone@telus.net

Over_burn_jedi
04-10-2002, 04:59 AM
I seen this Kensai play already, seems to me he's one HECK of a saberist, and I can bet quite a sum of money (or porbably a bacta can) that he would be an equal match to my friend.

I would like to duel him at least once if possible. But it seems with my VERY LIMITED connection that wont be possible.

heya send it to me too at over_burn@hotmail.com

mrlove
04-10-2002, 05:15 AM
hey send it to mrloveitall@yahoo.com also m8:)

power_ed
04-10-2002, 05:23 AM
LoL..

he's becomming a legend this guy..

heck,, i wanna duel him to now

btw.. is this (http://www.angelfire.com/clone/snuff/JkIIfun.html) wrong? :rolleyes:

Roach604
04-10-2002, 05:30 AM
so very wrong, ed.... so horribly, HORRIBLY wrong. Like "newborn kittens in a burlap bag" wrong.

power_ed
04-10-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Roach604
so very wrong, ed.... so horribly, HORRIBLY wrong. Like "newborn kittens in a burlap bag" wrong.

...kinda thought so myself.. *lol*

[force pulls a beer]

Roach604
04-10-2002, 05:52 AM
[accidently ignites his lightsabre upside down, into his leg]

*$%!

[force heal]
[waits]
[force heal]
[waits]
[force heal]

seanconnery
04-10-2002, 06:40 AM
Yahoo is down and I can't upload it to my briefcase.
If anyone would be kind enough to host the file...Emails are on their way out this moment.

Kensei, check your private messages under User CP!

Roach604
04-10-2002, 07:10 AM
Okay boys, grab away... just don't hammer me too hard.

Kensei demo (http://www3.telus.net/tnoone/kensei.zip)

Mr Tim
04-10-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Hado
The key to winning is as much spiritual preparation as training itself..

In game, I say these things to remind myself not to deviate from The Way.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Nax
04-10-2002, 07:17 AM
Amen Tim. Amen.

Barred
04-10-2002, 07:19 AM
GreyJedi wrote

"He killed over 60 men in one-v-one duels, sometimes using a wooden stick, while the other guys used real swords. He is also the author of the famed "Book of 5 Rings".

Hi GreyJedi,
Miyamoto Mushashi did infact despatch over 60 people the amazing thing is that he put away his Katana at the age of 19 (it think it was) and only ever used a boken afterwards.

There is a story that on the way to a duel he whittled the spare oar in the boat that was ferrying him to the duelling grounds. When he arrived he jumped out of the boat and brained his apponent.

Have you read the Go Rin No Sho (book of 5 Rings? It is facinating and some of his art work is beutiful.

Honour

power_ed
04-10-2002, 07:38 AM
:freakout: Aaarrgh !!!

scary dude.. :dtrooper:

(thx for the demo btw) :cool:

seanconnery
04-10-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by power_ed
:freakout: Aaarrgh !!!

scary dude.. :dtrooper:

(thx for the demo btw) :cool:

Told you.
He's scary.

Kiell_Randor
04-10-2002, 01:26 PM
Um guys. Any of you actually watched the replay? He looks like a solid player, but I don't know what you're all freaking about. If it is the kill ratio, might have been the server had been up for a while on that map and he was the only one to stick around without leaving.

But watching him actually fight, I don't see anything spectacular there. In the demo we only see him kill 3 people. Two duels, one of which he got so low on health a sneeze would have killed him (3 health left). And then an open fight where he runs up to someone, does the kick move then strong stances them. This isn't ground-breaking stuff.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, just that I don't see any evidence that he's anything to be quivering in fear about. Jury's still out as far as I'm concerned.

hughJ
04-10-2002, 02:46 PM
i don't think the game allows for anything even to remotely cause a "wow", least not multiplayer saber battles anyways..

GreyJedi
04-10-2002, 02:47 PM
To Barred -

The duel you described is perhaps one of his most famous ones. His use of the Bokken (wooden sword) is reknowned, and Miyamoto is known to have only lost one duel to a man, who he himself bested in single combat, but decided not to kill during an earlier fight. Miyamoto Mushashi is also the founder of the two-sword school of fighting.

I have read the Book of Five Rings in various translations.

I also practice Bokken work: Aiki-ken style to supplement my Aikido practice. It is a very difficult weapon to use properly.

Kurgan
04-10-2002, 02:52 PM
Keep in mind with all the (likely by now) thousands of players of JK2, it will be hard to keep track of individuals, also considering they can use any name they want (including the same name).

However, you can use "playerwatch" to keep track of people. Qtracker has that feature outside the game too, nifty.

Khaydarin
04-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey guys , do i need a special prog to read it or i have to install it in the jediknight folder???( talkin about the demo of kensai )..

hughJ
04-10-2002, 03:10 PM
GameData\base\demos\

just put the demo there, and ya can run it from the MP menu

BlacKnight
04-10-2002, 03:24 PM
I agree with keill the demo only shows a competent player not a great one. maybe he is a good as you say but what I saw in the demo wasn't anything special. I've seen that same kick/heavy attack done numerous times. I also once saw a guy kill a full health opponent while he only had 5 health in a no force duel match.

Yu-Law
04-10-2002, 05:57 PM
I don't see what you all are so excited about. I've fought him, i've beat him, as I'm sure many have, he's not that great, hell i've had more trouble with bots.

This topic is laughable sean.

KevanBates
04-10-2002, 07:19 PM
That reminds me...Theyre this game called Brave Fencer Musashi were you play as a LITTLE KID and waste people..heh. Bad game tho. Hehe...little kid.:D

-Xanath-
04-11-2002, 12:27 PM
Heh.

He's not that tough!! He hasn't even read the book, he just spouts random quotes in the hope of scaring people. :eek:

Nah, seriously - you'll never know how truly skilled he is or isn't; he'll fight not only your body, but your heart and mind, revealing only as much of himself and his tactics as are necessary to overcome you, the opposition.

I'm not saying he's invincible now, either - I'm just saying that if you want to have a chance against him, be prepared for a battle on several fronts.

He and I've played through a handful of games together over the course of several months now, and not even I feel as though I "know" his strategy - it's likely because there is no strategy he holds true to; he will recognize and perform what is necessary to resolve the situation in the most efficient manner he deems fit.

Translation: h3 r0xx0rz j00r b0xx0rz
I'm not trying to say he's God, now - because no, that's my job. In any case though, I'm glad to only have to face him in a video game, as virtually any who've stood against him may attest.

Anyway, if he gives any of you too much of a hard time, you're welcomed to hop on my Roger Wilco (voice comms) server and yell at him like I do. :p

Yu-Law - we might as well start calling you Yu-Lies. Kensei and I go into our servers against eight or so bots at a time just to screw around with combos, and still usually come out with about a 20:1 ratio - any time you'd like to back those words of yours, you're welcomed to bring it to either of us. :evil2:

Cya on the servers, ladies. :cool:
-Xanath

Skarfays
04-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Are you HJ from TFC? ;)

Yu-Law
04-11-2002, 11:11 PM
-Xanath-,

I have fought him, and I have beat him. Truth comes in many forms but never in lies. As for you being soooooo happy for him, i only see a few possiblilties.

One. you are his friend, in that case, yay for you.

Two. you are his *****, in that case, yay for you, and damn that's sick.

and Three. you ARE him. in that case, get a life, for all we know you have many accounts and probably are the one that started this post. You are not great. And if this IS the case, you are laughable on a medical degree.

In further reply: give me that ip, and I'll rock your world. and this time, I'LL RECORD. seeing as how you're so oooo-so-strong.

hughJ
04-11-2002, 11:18 PM
"Are you HJ from TFC?"

yah

Yu-Law
04-11-2002, 11:20 PM
and judging on the TRUTH that you have only 1 post in your entire history at the time of this reply, I CAN ONLY SAY THAT IT MUST BE NUMBER THREE.

So now everyone knows that you're nothing but a fly on the wall, waiting to be ***** slapped by us and our fly swatters. And nothing is more annoying then a player that thinks he's great running around fighting initiate bots with god mode and quoting a book that is too much for him to read without the help of pictures and smaller words. So... on behalf of everyone here, I hereby piss on your ego.

AND YES I HAVE BEAT YOU. -AND I DON'T NEED A DEMO (OoOoOoO you're so good with your ONE demo and all) TO PROVE IT.

YOU are the liar.

ryudom
04-11-2002, 11:32 PM
yu-law, you seem like the only guy here how says this kensai guy isn't amazing. i doubt he made a quad zillion alter egos to make himself look good

Yu-Law
04-11-2002, 11:36 PM
All they've seen is his demo m8. Which sorry to say isn't bad, but isn't good enough to be anything besides luck.

I've met'em face to face, this demo only shows us what he wants us to see. Sean, I've fought you too, to be honest, my fight with him was shorter than my fight with you. Which is why I find this whole thread to be hilarious.

If I remember correctly, he even started complaining and left.

BIGBrother
04-12-2002, 12:04 AM
The guy would probably slice and dice me without pausing for breath but this concept of the battle being in the "heart and mind" is laughable.

Of course there's a mental battle, any form of competition you care to mention requires some degree of conscious thought. However, no one will engage me on a fundamentaly emotional level when I'm playing a computer game. It's a one dimensional experience, no matter how much one may wish to attatch an emotional significance to it.

You can't psych someone out in a game. What can you do, walk slowly towards me with your sabre off? I'll take the chance to heal. Grip me off a ledge whilst reeling off your bound taunts? I'll still be giggling to myself as you do it for the 20th time that round. It's hard to get wound up and careless when you simply don't care where your name slots in on the score-board.

If you do then perhaps you need to remember it's just a game, otherwise there's your "emotional conflict" lost right there.

RabidPlatypus
04-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Well I just watched the demo, nothing spectacular.

He tried to do a lot of 180 swings (the backstab of medium and heavy stance) and only landed one. Clumsy movements like he didn't use the mouse to aim. I could beat him and I know a lot of people who could also.

hughJ
04-12-2002, 12:32 AM
"You can't psych someone out in a game"

psycho-outs and intimidation do exist in competition... generally based on past reputation.. if you go into a game thinking a certain player or team are just godlike, then often you'll find yourself at least somewhat hurting in performance... it's really more related though to psyching yourself out ;)

Yu-Law
04-12-2002, 12:46 AM
Couldn't have said it better, RabidPlatypus.

----------------------------------------------

Rule #1 when reading about how good someone is... NEVER listen to those with 1-5 total posts that claim to be this person, a very close friend, or a witness to their glory.

Hado (supposedly Kensei) : 3 posts ALL in this thread.
-Xanath- (supposedly Kensei's friend) : 1 post. JUST this thread.
...and any others I left out.

Showing your face now will only add salt to your wound. Revealing how your "boxer roxor" skills don't go beyond your own server.

( If anyone sees this "legend" in a public game ever again that is )

Hado
04-12-2002, 01:08 AM
I agree. That demo shows no special display of swordfighting.

There is no doubt that I die from time to time, just like any other player. Death is unavoidable, especially when I join pubs solely to train in new methods, gaining experience.

Trying to win with the same methods all the time is the same as having a narrow, pre-concieved spirit.

I also find all this talk about egos rather pointless. An ego can be stroked by your opponent, just as easily as it is crushed.

Wisdom, principle, experience and strategy have existence. Ego is nothing.

"You will not be moved."

;) Kensei

Hado
04-12-2002, 01:25 AM
RabidPlatypus, from T.O.?

-Sorrow (The person who you used to call a *****/wallhack/cheat/etc.)

Yu-Law
04-12-2002, 01:43 AM
"Seek not every quality in one individual"

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by man

"Thinking. The talking of the soul with itself."

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you

-----------------------------------------------------------

This one's for you Kensei..

[SIZE=3]"It's better to be hated for who you are, then to be loved for who you are not"[SIZE=1]

Hado
04-12-2002, 02:34 AM
Although it is even better to be loved for who you are, than hated for who you are not.

Either way, love and hate have no existence in the Way. Having likes and dislikes are bad.

Sight is weak, perception strong. You will see only what I endeavor to show you. Never let the opponent see your spirit.

Taurus Mephista
04-12-2002, 03:00 AM
My take on it? Well, the only reason I'm posting at all is because my friend hoped onto a server (I'm watching him as I type) and Kensai happened to be on. First let me say I don't know if it's "Kensai" or "Kensei;" the guy I'm watching is "Kensai." Anyway, nothing too impressive; jumping around a lot with the heavy style, trying to get the one-hit kills (of course, everyone here is using that ;) ). If this is the guy, I've *seen* nothing spectacular... basically posting "I'm a skeptic." ... given what I've seen.

Now if there's anyone I would say is a "legend" (I use the term appropriately loose), it would be this guy called JEDI-ihj-Ko. Same server, and I just watched him kick a guy to death (I don't think he pulled his sabre out once). Granted it is a "Neutral Force" server, which is probably tipping the scales quite a bit. 20/0 and counting on a duel map... but even then, there's always someone better, I know. ;P

-Taurus

seanconnery
04-12-2002, 03:04 AM
I'm not sure if I'll lose as fast as I did in the few battles that I did fight against him - I abandoned my ways of throwhoring after I lost to him, re-read the Book of Five Rings, and studied The Way.

Yulaw, if you did take longer to kill me (or did I kill you? :rolleyes: ) than you did to kill him, it was probably because you met me in my throwhoring days. All I did was run and throw, and it's thus perfectly understandable.

EDIT: It's Kensei; I spelt it wrong.

Hado
04-12-2002, 03:51 AM
The "Kensai" spelling comes from people playing BG2 I believe..

I spell it Kensei, with a red K and a red I, surrounding the blue letters in between.

If it's spelled any other way it's not me.

RabidPlatypus
04-12-2002, 09:02 AM
if T.O is the opera than yes, I never said you cheated though you were a great dueler.

Kiell_Randor
04-12-2002, 10:09 AM
This thread is almost becoming ridiculously hilarious. Word of advice: don't read it with a mouth-ful of cereal!

Hado/Kensei or whatever you want to call yourself: Quote the Book of Five Rings all you wish, but your own arrogance shows the extent to which you truly follow the Way. Of course, it would be interesting to see you post some wisdom of your own instead of stealing Musashi's.

Ryuudom: read the thread. There were several people who stated earlier that they didn't see anything special in the demo, and did not believe this guy to be anything special. I only believe that more strongly now as it would appear Kensei is taken to creating multiple forum accounts simply to be able to support himself and his supposed 'greatness'.

What this simply strikes me as is some idiot who obviously thinks himself pretty decent. Gets a short demo of himself getting a few kills, and then either initiates this thread or has a friend do so, in the hope that others will post and say how wonderful he is simply to gratify his own ego.

Come by some time. I may not be the greatest saberist in the world, but I can hold my own, and I'd like to see what you're really made of Kensei.

Skarfays
04-12-2002, 10:42 AM
umm..
seanconnery is a real life friend of mine and we both saw Kensei on this Japanese server. This is where the demo was taken and I am in that demo. I doubt he would publicize himself by creating multiple acounts, partially because I saw someone who isn't Kensei post it with my own eyes and because he didn't say anything so I wouldn't expect him to say much now. Now that I think of I really could've beaten him because that last swing he did on me was extremely lucky. I knew he would swing and so I tried to get out. Sucks how i was too late.

PS. Seems like you enjoy seeing things as conspiracies.

Kiell_Randor
04-12-2002, 01:21 PM
There is no conspiracy, nor have I mentioned a conspiracy. I just find it amusing the there is a demo posted that shows someone getting a whopping THREE kills, and some people are hailing this guy as an unbeatable saberist.

Was I incorrect about Kensei himself opening this thread? Perhaps. Either way it doesn't change the simple facts that the man obviously is taken to building himself up, and that he has trouble forumlating intelligent statements that aren't taken from the writings of Miyamoto Musashi.

Conspiracy? No. Amusing? Yes.

TangledThorns
04-12-2002, 02:00 PM
I played Kensai and he obviously cheats without remorse. Its sad that there already cheaters on JK2 but I'll to kick his butt in CTF. I own in that game, its hard to cheat in CTF. :p

-Xanath-
04-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Yu-Lies strikes again!

What, because I've only one post here, my opinion is insignificant? I would rather only have one meaningful post than a hundred thousand mindless ones.

I never stated Kensei was god; only what I know, and what I've seen. The honest truth is, I've never seen him beaten (consistently, of course) - that's not trying to say he's the best saberist to ever live or anything, I mean hell, it's a video game - it's just a video game that he happens to be exceptionally proficient at.

Yu-Lies: We could sit here and babble all day, it's not as though either of us will ever make it anywhere. Any day you'd like to back those words of yours, run a player search for either -Xanath-, Kensei, or both - if I am both Xanath and Kensei, I must be some kind of skilled to be playing from two PCs at once. :p

-Xanath

PsychoX
04-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Ignore this post

icefox98
04-12-2002, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't mind dueling this fellow. Looks like he knows how to work the different saber styles back and forth. I kind of see his strategy in the demo and I think I could defeat him. =) If your reading this Kensei, and would like a good duel look me up the name is Rosco. =) See you all on the servers.

Lost Welshman
04-12-2002, 07:23 PM
I rekon i could beat this 'Kensai' you say no-one else has beaten him but I can im possotive, i have only been beaten once bye some chineese (sorry for the spellin) guy, I never thought of my self as good until i went online, now i own wotevr game i go in, i jus walk round with mu saber off, casually if ne1 attacks they usually die by my saber or get chucked off platforms with grip,push or pull, if there r no edges i drain them of all thier power and then back stab them. neway this 'Kensai' if your out there i WILL get you and you wont win this time.

:dsaber:

The Flying Welshman Will Return

Hado
04-12-2002, 08:13 PM
I'm at work right now, but couldn't resist the urge to post.

Even though I find this thread useless, it is just too amusing!

What is especially funny, is that I didn't even want to be recorded in the first place, which is why I left within three kills of seeing someone type up the commands to record a demo.

My heiho is not for display.

MysteriousJedi
04-12-2002, 09:27 PM
im sure this guy is very good, but it isnt that amazing to have a score like that. one time i joined a duel server and the whole time no body scored a point but me. i went 30-0 where it was first to 3 kills. that took forever and i started to get bored but i stayed just to see if i could go until the map change without losing. as you can tell im very modest. lol

Yu-Law
04-16-2002, 07:49 PM
uh-oh, did -xanath- get a 2 foot sliver in his ars?

seanconnery
04-17-2002, 10:21 AM
My mother always told me not to talk to trolls, but -

Post a demo of yourself being so godly, and then maybe we'll be a little more convinced.

sunsetrider
04-17-2002, 03:44 PM
I heard somewhere that a game of SNK fame called 'Samurai Spirits' features this character of Musashi. I think in the game he is called 'Haohmaru'. His rival, Genryu, who was slain by his wooden sword, is also in the game, and is called Ukyo. Ukyo always turns away from his opponents and only faces them when striking them with his katana that he swings right from the hilt. I think the book that describes this duel also says that Musashi made Genryu wait for him the entire day and basically won the mind game before the sword slashing even started. The game's very cool, but rather old, to say the least.

-Xanath-
04-17-2002, 04:21 PM
Ruh roh, Yu-Lies continues! :monkey4:

I haven't even played since my last post, so it looks as though you've just flushed your credibility. By the way, couldn't you have picked a better movie to steal your name from?

I bet you don't even know how to use a saber; you probably just stand there with all of your keys bound to taunt, kind of like how you act here on the boards - you'd probably kill me, I'd be dying of laughter. :eek:

-Xanath
This thread beats the hell out of watching Jerry Springer. :D

Monnnster
04-17-2002, 04:55 PM
None of you can "figure out" Kensei's (Hado's) strategy, as it always changes. True warriors adapt to all situations. I've seen verrrry few who actually change their strategies in this game. They usually do the same thing over and over again thinking they will eventually get a kill.

seanconnery
04-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sunsetrider
I heard somewhere that a game of SNK fame called 'Samurai Spirits' features this character of Musashi. I think in the game he is called 'Haohmaru'. His rival, Genryu, who was slain by his wooden sword, is also in the game, and is called Ukyo. Ukyo always turns away from his opponents and only faces them when striking them with his katana that he swings right from the hilt. I think the book that describes this duel also says that Musashi made Genryu wait for him the entire day and basically won the mind game before the sword slashing even started. The game's very cool, but rather old, to say the least.

Sasaki Kojiro was this "genryu" name in real life. Miyamoto Musashi whacked him on the head with a wooden oar.

Xanath: The One is a GOOD movie. *waves hand to do the mind trick thingymajig* GOOODD movie. :D

Yu-Law
04-19-2002, 04:56 PM
How did i flush my credability? I simply stated that you have a bad sliver, and i never said i was godly, though i'll thank you for noticing.

And demos don't show squat.
/addbot -Xanath- Reelo red 0 0 (more true than u think, skillwise)

And don't knock The One, your words hold no water.

End this thread. don't reply.

Monnnster
04-19-2002, 05:32 PM
Don't what? I didn't catch that last part.

Yu-Law
04-19-2002, 05:53 PM
ok, i wasn't going to type in this thread anymore, but I finally watched that demo......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA..... HA!

That's what you all are so hyped about?????

my god. I can't believe i wasted so much time on this thread.

Tip : find a new role model. quick.