PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars RPG

Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 05:39 PM
OK people, after a thread kvan started (Is the darkside book worth getting? (http://forums.galacticbattles.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392)) We are going to try to start playing some games on these boards.

I have talked to chris (Chris i hope i am not talking out of turn) and he said that we may get a board to play in.

So the questions are

Who wants to play

Would you like to be a gm or pc

What era would you like to play in.

I will be a gm but i am not on all the time and don't see why we can't have more then one gm. (Please tell me if i am wrong) This way we could try to play different era's

Has you can see from the thread Kvan started i don't have any era sorce books, so i will buy the one (or two) that are most wanted.

So any one who would like to play please speak up now.

Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 05:41 PM
I'll play... I wanna play in the NJO period... I wouldn't mind being a Sith ;)

Kvan
08-20-2001, 06:01 PM
Well I'll be playing :D
I haven't decided on my class yet, but I'm gonna be an alien. Maybe a rodian.
BTW To join this RPG you don't have to know how to play! We will tell you what you need to know. Oh, and for thoughs of you who don't know what a role-playing game is; you basically create a character with the help of wraith 5, and "play" as him.

Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 06:08 PM
Well, if someone wants to explain it to me i would do it. Let's do it in the Rebellion era.

Kvan
08-20-2001, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Well, if someone wants to explain it to me i would do it. Let's do it in the Rebellion era.
Really Tie? Cool! What would you want to be. And you do realize that the rebellion era has few Jedi...
The classes are as follows;
Fringer
Noble
Scoundrel
Scout
Soldier
Force Adept
Jedi Counsular
Jedi Guardian

Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 06:32 PM
Hmm, scout sounds good for me, care to explain how it works?

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-20-2001, 07:02 PM
Yay! Great idea! I want to play definately!!! I want to be a Chiss Jedi! Whatever realm that's' in is fine with me. :D

Scouts are pretty stealthy and quick, but not super strong if I remember correctly. I have the SWRPG book so if we need something like that I have one. :D

Kvan
08-20-2001, 07:07 PM
Do you have the D20 or D6 version? I think we are going to be playing with the D20.

Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 09:37 PM
I (as the game master) am going to make my first desision and say that we will be using the d20 rules

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-20-2001, 10:34 PM
I don't know what the difference is (as I said I'm not the gamemaster when I play).

Kvan
08-20-2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by thrawn12786
I don't know what the difference is (as I said I'm not the gamemaster when I play).
Well the difference is that with the old rules (WEG) you use a D6 or 6 sided dice. They new rules by WotC uses a D20 or 20 sided dice. Yeah your right though your not going to notice any difference when you play since the GM has to worry about the rules, players don't! ;)

Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 10:45 PM
And Thrawn that is me (the GM)

Kvan
08-20-2001, 10:48 PM
Wraith, I'm gonna(or you can) try and find a Chiss species template, the one in the book doesn't have anything :(

Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 10:52 PM
Kvan so are you looking for the template or do you want we to look, or make one???

Kvan
08-20-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 5
Kvan so are you looking for the template or do you want we to look, or make one???
I'm going to look around, but if I can't find one you might have to make one (which isn't hard).
So did you pick up the core rule book yet? :)

Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 11:01 PM
Nope i couldn't stop tonight, i had to get something for my mom and had to bring it home right away, so i couldn't stop today, i am going to try to do it tommorow

darthfergie
08-20-2001, 11:10 PM
I'll play!!!
How are you going to set this up though?
One person posts his move and then you wait for the next person to post theirs? What if a person is gone for a day because they are grounded or have to go to their grandparent's house or go to Dutchstock? What will you do?

I'd like to play in EU...period.(if it's possible) Not NJO. We should leave that out of it. We don't know much on the Vong. The enemies would be scarce besides them. Lots more Jedis, but your units arn't worth anything once faceing the Vong. MOst people (at least me) would go to the Vong and whip butt with their warriors who are the near equivelant of a Jedi.

Kvan
08-20-2001, 11:17 PM
So fergie, would you prefer to play in the Old Republic (around epi.1) or Rebellion era?
Also what Species and class(look at one of my other posts for the lists of classes) do you want to be?

darthfergie
08-20-2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
So fergie, would you prefer to play in the Old Republic (around epi.1) or Rebellion era?
Also what Species and class(look at one of my other posts for the lists of classes) do you want to be?

What are the advantages of the different classes in the game???
Is there a limit to the amount of people in each class?

Kvan
08-20-2001, 11:34 PM
Ok, I'll try and explain the classes as best as I can;
Fringer: the best way to describe this one is, you know everything but are good at nothing.

Noble: Good at bargaining and Negotiations.

Scoundrel: Uses words and stealth

Scout: Uses Stealth and is good at tracking and finding stuff

Soldier:Great combat skills, and is strong.

Force Adept: A force user who isn't a Jedi. Like the Witches of Dathomir.

Jedi Consular: A jedi that relys on diplomacy more then attacking(Yoda is this)

Jedi Guardian: A Jedi that relys more on more Physical means to get things done. (Obi-wan and Maul are these)

Oh, and fergie you can be whatever class you want (as far as I know). I don't think you can be a Sith though.
BTW These classes don't represent who you are. You can be a Rodian Entertainer and have a Noble class...does that make sense?

darthfergie
08-20-2001, 11:52 PM
Force Adapt for me then.:D

I'd be...hmmm...A DARK TROOPER!!! :dtrooper:

Kvan
08-20-2001, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Force Adapt for me then.:D

I'd be...hmmm...A DARK TROOPER!!! :dtrooper:
You know you are probably going to start out small...

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 12:00 AM

You know you are probably going to start out small...

That is small!!!;)
For me anyway...I don't know about you:p

So how would you go about "starting small":confused: (don't mind me I just play the card game:D )

Kvan
08-21-2001, 12:10 AM
Hmmm, Well what do you want to be? Did you want to be a smuggler? or do you go for the more military approach, like a Imp. officer (although I don't kn0ow what era we are playing in yet :( )

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 12:14 AM
why don't you make a poll on it???

as for who I want to be...Imp if possible...(DARK TROOPER:dtrooper: ) (or I might even go for Jedi Master but I doubt it...It probably takes alot of work to get up to Jedi Master)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 12:26 AM
Thats what we are using this for, your supposed to say your Species, Class and era that you'd want to play in.
BTW We are probably starting at level 1 so we aren't going to be very powerful, yet.

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 12:30 AM
So how would it work...the game I mean...what is your objective???

Kvan
08-21-2001, 12:35 AM
Wraith is coming up with a senario to play. :)

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 12:37 AM
OHHHHH:)

I forgot...Dungens and Dragons..."I am the game master and you are my puppets";)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 12:56 AM
Yes. :)
BTW I forgot there are prestige classes. They are what you can become once you reach a certain requirement.
They are as follows;
Bounty Hunter
Crimelord
Elite Trooper
StarFighter Ace
Officer
There are others but you guys don't have to worry about presige classes yet :)

Boba Rhett
08-21-2001, 01:40 AM
I want to be an Insane Jedi like Joruus. Type: Gaurdian, Species: Human, Era: Old Rep, I guess...

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 01:47 AM
I'd like to be a Gand mercinary. I'll go force adept and soldier...multiclassing is ok, I'm told. As for the era, as long as its not NJO(I don't want to deal with all that Vong stuff....yet ;) ) I'll be happy.

Young David
08-21-2001, 07:03 AM
Okay ... I'll try this one too ... about what I'm gonna be? I'll wait for that until most of you decided how to start. I will fill in the gaps (or just one gap). But only if that one is cool.

I don't really care what period were playing in. Either Old Republic, Galactic Civil War or New Republic time period ... just no NJO ... Too less known about the Vong.

Kvan, Wraith, Inform me of what you need for a player ... wich no-one takes.

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 09:05 AM
Well after looking at the responses i think we are going to play the old republic era...

It looks like some people ether want to play jedi or get to jedi streath later, or they just don't want to get into NJO, so i think it will be best to start in the Old Republic.

Here are some pc limits, no imperals or rebels (OK i know that is a given). Unless we get more people that want to be evil, i am going to say now sith, and depending on what i learn about bounty hunts, possably none of them. I don't know about the bounty Hunters... The movies and most of the books always make them seem evil, if we can have good bounty hunts then i have no problem with them.

Young David
08-21-2001, 10:02 AM
How bout cops? Like CorSec ... Are they available? Those are basicly the good version of Bounty hunters. Their prey is a criminal, and their bounty is justice.

Kvan
08-21-2001, 10:49 AM
Well after looking at the responses i think we are going to play the old republic era...

It looks like some people ether want to play jedi or get to jedi streath later, or they just don't want to get into NJO, so i think it will be best to start in the Old Republic.

Here are some pc limits, no imperals or rebels (OK i know that is a given). Unless we get more people that want to be evil, i am going to say now sith, and depending on what i learn about bounty hunts, possably none of them. I don't know about the bounty Hunters... The movies and most of the books always make them seem evil, if we can have good bounty hunts then i have no problem with them.
Wriath, Bounty Hunter is a Prestige Class which means they first have to gain some lvls. before they are able to become one. BTW There are bounty hunters that are "good", they are the ones that don't make the money because they are too "kind". :D
Oh, um, thrawn, is there ANY other species you'd like to be besides the Chiss? :)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Young David
How bout cops? Like CorSec ... Are they available? Those are basicly the good version of Bounty hunters. Their prey is a criminal, and their bounty is justice.
I'm sure you can be a cop, but I don't know, does the CSA exist in the O. Republic?

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 10:58 AM
Well i know that corsec was around at the end of the old republic, and by the sounds of the rs book, it as been around for a long time, yd i don't see a problem in beign a cop, weather or not it is with corsec, i will tell you tonight, or tommorrow morning. But i think corsec will be there....

I am stopping tonight to pick up a core book, and the old republic era book, if any one really doesn't want to play old republic, please speak up now before i buy the old republic book.

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 11:00 AM
Also who read star wars gamer???

Kvan
08-21-2001, 11:10 AM
I wish I read SW Gamer but I don't :(
Wriath is the Old Republic Sourcebook out?
Also Gamma said he wants to be a Gand, I found the "template" for it (since it's not in the book).

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 11:23 AM
What are templates? :confused:

Kvan
08-21-2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
What are templates? :confused:
Well I was talking about Species templates above. All it is are a set a number that add or subtract numbers from your attributes. It also can give you like Night-vision or being able to breathe underwater.
Attributes are represents what your character is (ie is he strong? or wise? or etc.)
Here are the Attributes;
Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 11:33 AM
oooo... Thanks, Kvan... What templates do you guys have right now? :confused:

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 11:33 AM
I wish I read SW Gamer but I don't :(
Wriath is the Old Republic Sourcebook out?
Also Gamma said he wants to be a Gand, I found the "template" for it (since it's not in the book).

So does this mean I don't need to rack my brain to remember all that stuff about Gands that I've read? Or does that mean your making one and still need info?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 11:39 AM
Gamma I found the Gand, so you don't need to rack your brain anymore :)
Rommel, I can pretty much get any one you want. But remember we are doing Old Republic so no Ewoks.

God
08-21-2001, 11:44 AM
:confused: in english please!:confused:
i don't know what it is your are talking about but i'll take the criminal:cool:

Kvan
08-21-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by god
:confused: in english please!:confused:
i don't know what it is your are talking about but i'll take the criminal:cool:
What don't you understand? I'll be happy to explain anything that doesn't make sense :)

God
08-21-2001, 11:51 AM
how does this game play?

what are all the abr.?:D

what are the time periods?

*hint* i'ver never played a game like this.

i'll be chiss

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 11:55 AM
Kvan i think the old republic sorce book is out, i can't check right now i am on my way back out the door to do more work, but i will look at lunch, but i thought wizards said that it was out.

If not then i get to make it all up ;)

Oh and god you may have missed it but i said that there will be now criminal (evil) pc, but if you want to be some one like han (a sumguler) that is fine with me, just no evil pc's

Kvan
08-21-2001, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by god
how does this game play?

what are all the abr.?:D

what are the time periods?

*hint* i'ver never played a game like this.

i'll be chiss
Ok, what it is, you build a character and GM (or person in charge) makes a senario for you to play in. You type out what you are doing, And your attributes play an important part in if you acomplished in what you set out to do.
Unfortunatly the Timeperiod in which we are going to be playing in, Old Republic (around the time of Epi.1, maybe even during the clone wars), the Chiss are not known to the galaxy so would you like to be a different species? :)

God
08-21-2001, 12:00 PM
kvan hold on a sec

i'll be a nubian smuggler:cool:

can i advace my charactor?

how does the game play? (on a board?)

who is the gm

God
08-21-2001, 12:04 PM
wraith, whats a template?

are you the gm

Kvan
08-21-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by god
wraith, whats a template?
god, you didn't like my explanation? :(
The game doesn't play on a board that you'll be able to see. Everything will be described to you in great detail (it's real fun!) and you can do just about anything you can think of while your playing! :) You do get Level but I think everyone is startig at level 1
BTW Whats a Nubian look like?:confused: I have no idea what they are except for the ship..

God
08-21-2001, 12:15 PM
i'll be back

Kvan
08-21-2001, 12:28 PM
Wriath, who are you going to allow Starships? Only pilots? Everyone?

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 12:53 PM
first...

god i am the game master or gm.

And after talking to kvan i decided that you can have an evil pc, but not sith. In the old republic there are only 2 sith, and they don't play well with others.

Also god have you ever played any of the old text based game??? you know the one where the computer tells you what room you are in and then tells you what way you can go??? That is what an rpg is like, but anything you can think of your pc doing can be done because if it is something i didn't expect i can make up something on the spot.

I am sorry to any one who wants to play chriss but almost everyone said that they didn't want to play in the NJO era.

So again, evil pc's are in, but no sith

Young David
08-21-2001, 12:57 PM

I am sorry to any one who wants to play chriss but almost everyone said that they didn't want to play in the NJO era.

What? ... you can't name your char Chris? What about Chris3PO .. isn't he allowed to play himself too?

(;) actually ... I know that you meant chiss)

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 01:43 PM
yd thanks for picking that up!!!

yes i ment chiss

oh and Kvan for now i am thinking just poilt for now, possably ships when we get more into the game

Kvan
08-21-2001, 01:55 PM
Ok, so here is a run down of who we have playing what;

Gamma732- A Gand Soldier that might multi-class to force adept

Rommel- A Trandoshan Soldier that is a Merc.

Thrawn12786- Chiss wasn't known yet during the ORep. so could you pick someone else? :)

Darthfergie- ???

Tie Guy- A Kubaz scout

Boba Rhett- A Human Jedi Guardian that is insane.

god- A Nubian Smuggler. god do you know what class you want to be? I listed the classes and what they are above somewhere. :)

Lord JayVizIon- A buffed up Wookiee addicted to spice.

Young David- What do you want to be? It looks like we are going to be playing the scum of the galaxy :)

A-WING Guy- A Dug Scoundrel that is a Bartender.

Kvan (me)- I'm thinking on a Xexto fringer.

Paragon_Leon
08-21-2001, 02:21 PM
looking at this list, i'm really tempted into becoming a good bounty hunter, intent on hunting down the scum of the galaxy.. :D
How intense is RPG'ing anyway when it comes to time / play ?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
looking at this list, i'm really tempted into becoming a good bounty hunter, intent on hunting down the scum of the galaxy.. :D
How intense is RPG'ing anyway when it comes to time / play ?
It all all depends on the senario Wriath is making. :)
BTW Bounty Hunters a prestige classes so you'll need to talk to wraith about that :)
Also I forgot to mention, Could you guys post your names of your characters, age, height, weight, eye color, hair color, skin color. :) They aren't that important but we should have them. And for thoughs of you that I don't what you are yet, just post that too, thanks :)

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 02:43 PM
To add to what Kvan said i would like a full pc sheet from everyone when we get that far.

I know some of you are think, what in the blue hell is he talking about...

Don't worry about it right now, just make up as muc of the stuff Kvan said and write it down, so you won't forget.

Know am i going to hav eto make a game to fit everyone???

That is going to be really hard, but ithink i coud do it, it will just take some time.

Last, i now i am going to regret this, but if there are a few and i mean no more then 2 people, that really want to play chiss, i can work them into the old republic era.

Now if there are more then 2 people that want to play chiss, we won't use them right now. I don't want any one to get pissed at someone else because that person got to paly a chriss and they didn't. PM me if you are one of the people who want to play chiss, don't post it here right now.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 02:47 PM
This message has been deleted due to the request of Wraith.

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 02:48 PM
Thrawn you may have been writeing that when i posted so read what i wrote, and then pm me!!!

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 02:52 PM
Oops!!! Sorry, sorry! I'll change it to something else ok. Hehe, sorry. :( (I was typing that before you posted)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 03:04 PM
To add to what Kvan said i would like a full pc sheet from everyone when we get that far.

I know some of you are think, what in the blue hell is he talking about...

Don't worry about it right now, just make up as muc of the stuff Kvan said and write it down, so you won't forget.

Know am i going to hav eto make a game to fit everyone???

That is going to be really hard, but ithink i coud do it, it will just take some time.

Last, i now i am going to regret this, but if there are a few and i mean no more then 2 people, that really want to play chiss, i can work them into the old republic era.

Now if there are more then 2 people that want to play chiss, we won't use them right now. I don't want any one to get pissed at someone else because that person got to paly a chriss and they didn't. PM me if you are one of the people who want to play chiss, don't post it here right now.
Wraith it shouldn't be too hard, if you want you can say some of our characters know eachother already :) That should speed things up a bit

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 03:13 PM
Ok, i'm gonna be a kubazi scout.

Name: ???
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Eye color: green (wears red goggles
Skin color: greenish-blue
Hair color: none (wears a cloak)

oh, and i found this: Is this a template?

Force Probability: 1%
Health Bonus: +0
Race Multiplier: 1

Skills:
perception (2)
stealth (2)

Special:
nothing

Kvan
08-21-2001, 03:18 PM
Um, Tie? Your not being that snitch from ANH are you? I think we are supposed to make up your own character :)
Oh and a Kubaz template looks like this;

-2 Str, +2 Cha, +2 Int. Kubaz are very social and educated, but they aren't particularly strong.

Medium-size. As Medium-size creatures, Kubaz have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Kubaz base speed is 10 meters.

+4 species bonus to Survival checks. Kubaz come from a harsh desert world and are taught to survive with minimal resources.

Scent. This allows the Kubaz to detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. See SWRPG Core Rulebook, p.257, for complete description of Scent ability.

Automatic Languages: Kubaz, Basic.
But you don't have to worry about all that :)

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 03:24 PM
you have no idea how long i tried to think up a name. I couldn't think of anything that sounded good, and i have nothing to base it on. I wanted to make up my own, and i will keep trying.

Kvan
08-21-2001, 03:29 PM
Thats good that your trying! :) I haven't even thought of a name for my character :)
So do you want to use the rest of the stuff still? Your gonna be a Kubaz?

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 03:47 PM
I'll be a Quarren... do you have a template for them? If not... I guess I'll be a trandoshan ;)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 03:50 PM
I'll be a Quarren... do you have a template for them?
Actually I do! +2 Int, -2 Cha.

Medium-size. As Medium-size creatures, Quarren have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Quarren base speed is 10 meters.

+4 species bonus to Survival checks.

Low-Light Vision. Quarren see twice as far as a Human in dim light (such as moonlight or underwater). They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

Amphibious. As amphibious creatures, Quarren can breathe either air or water normally. They also have a +4 species bonus on Swim checks.

Automatic Languages: Quarren, Basic.
What Class are you going to be Rommel?

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 03:52 PM
Just wondering... do you have trandoshan template? I'll try being a soldier at first ;)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 03:57 PM
Yeah I have a Trandoshan. So you are going to be a Trandoshan and you class is Soldier? Whats your occupation? Are you a merc.? A smuggler? A trooper? It has no effect on your stats, it's just to help wraith in designing a campaign :)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 03:58 PM
Mercenary... Where do you find all these templates, Kvan? :confused:

Kvan
08-21-2001, 04:03 PM
Mercenary... Where do you find all these templates, Kvan? :confused:
www.SWRPGNetwork.com

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 04:11 PM
Also I forgot to mention, Could you guys post your names of your characters, age, height, weight, eye color, hair color, skin color. :) They aren't that important but we should have them. And for thoughs of you that I don't what you are yet, just post that too, thanks :)

Height: 2.2 metres

Weight: 238 lbs How much do they weigh?

Eye Colour: Blue (The abnormality of green or blue eyes is looked upon as a status symbol in the Trandoshan culture)

Hair Colour: None

Skin Colour: Light brown/ tan

Kvan: I found this... I'm not sure it useful though

TRANDOSHAN
Trandoshans are large, reptilian humanoids from the planet Trandosha (or Dosha). They have supersensitive eyes that can see into the infrared range and the ability to regenerate lost limbs when they are young. They also shed their skin. Trandoshans are a warlike species who allied early with the Empire, taking Wookiees as slaves. They value hunting above all else and worship a female deity known as the Scorekeeper, who awards jagannath points to Trandoshans based on their success or failure in the hunt. They have a difficult time manipulating delicate objects with their relatively clumsy clawed hands. The bounty hunter Bossk, and his father Cradossk (one-time head of the Bounty Hunters Guild) were both Trandoshans.

Trandoshans can use their heightened sense of smell to 'scent' for a particular person, determining if that person has passed through the area recently. Trandoshans can also use their claws in combat, inflicting long, dripping wounds with 'tear'. Trandoshans gain a +1 to strength and -1 to dexterity.

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 04:12 PM
Ooops... here's more:

SCENT
Syntax: scent (player)

This skill allows a Trandoshan to determine if has been in that area recently.

This skill is only useable by Trandoshans.

TEAR
Syntax: tear (target)

Trandoshans can inflict terrible bleeding wounds on their victims using their dreadful claws in combat. While the initial damage is not large, the wounds continue to bleed for some time, thus weakening the Trandoshan's victim.

This skill is only useable by Trandoshans.

Oh and Kvan... this site maybe helpful:

http://mud.8m.com/races.html

Kvan
08-21-2001, 04:16 PM
Yup Trandoshans are pretty nasty! :)
Actually Rommel, I can't find most of the stuff you posted in the book :confused:

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 04:19 PM
ooo... Kvan look! A site that lists all of the special powers:

http://deathstar.dmatech.com/~swmud/help/commands/races/racecommands.html

I found all this stuff on assorted sites, so... I could probably be wrong about alot of it :(

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 04:24 PM
Kvan... do I have to be the same character forever? :confused:

Kvan
08-21-2001, 04:25 PM
ooo... Kvan look! A site that lists all of the special powers:

http://deathstar.dmatech.com/~swmud/help/commands/races/racecommands.html
Hehehehe.. Rommel, your actually looking at MUD site. That isn't the rules we will be using :D

Felix29
08-21-2001, 04:31 PM
I've never played before.... but you say that you'll teach us newbies, so I'll be a Defel (wraith), or a Dug. My class will be scoundrel... okay?

Does our chosen species have to be sentient?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by A-WING Guy
I've never played before.... but you say that you'll teach us newbies, so I'll be a Defel (wraith), or a Dug. My class will be scoundrel... okay?
Ok, Cool! Thanks for joining!
I'll try and find a Defel, but if not I do have a Dug template :) Scoundral is cool! What type of job do you want?

Felix29
08-21-2001, 04:44 PM
Um... what jobs do I have to choose from? Maybe I'll be a bartender :)

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 04:45 PM
Ok, its a Gand merc....

Name: Aaryik Naerril
Height: 5'7
Weight: 147lbs
Eye Color: Brown(Compound Insect eyes)
Skin color: Greenish-brown
Hair Color: None(Wears a breath mask)

I'll get back to ya with the age, I'm not sure what their lifespan is now...Tell me if any of that is wrong for a Gand. Hehehe Am I the only one with a name? :D

Kvan
08-21-2001, 04:45 PM
Well for the most part you can just make up a job. Is Bartender what you want?

Felix29
08-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Well... I guess so. How do different jobs affect you? As a bartender would I have a higher ranking in say, social skills?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Ok, its a Gand merc....

Name: Aaryik Naerril
Height: 5'7
Weight: 147lbs
Eye Color: Brown(Compound Insect eyes)
Skin color: Greenish-brown
Hair Color: None(Wears a breath mask)

I'll get back to ya with the age, I'm not sure what their lifespan is now...Tell me if any of that is wrong for a Gand. Hehehe Am I the only one with a name? :D
That looks good! :)
You know Gands talk in the third person right?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by A-WING Guy
Well... I guess so. How do different jobs affect you? As a bartender would I have a higher ranking in say, social skills?
Yeah if your a bartender you should have higher social skills, like a Scoundral has. :)

Young David
08-21-2001, 04:53 PM
Okay ... I figured some things out. I just hope I'll be permitted. I haven't figured naming and things like that out. Just the stats:

Ryn

Ryn are a nomadic species hailing from an unknown region of the Core. They are descended from flying mammals, and are covered in short, bristly hair that is often of varying color. Ryn have a reputation of being thieves and confidence men, but are usually good to get along with. In addition to wearing outlandish and sometimes vulgar fashions, they have tremendous music aptitude - which likely evolved along with their perforated, flute-like beak.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d20 stats:

+2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma. Ryn are very well versed in the workings of cultures across the Galaxy. While their nomadic nature has given them a good amount of practical knowledge, their secrecy and reputation as con men and ne'er-do-wells has bred prejudice among the rest of the galaxy.
Medium-size: As medium-size beings, Ryn have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Ryn base speed is 10 meters.
Prehensile Tail: Ryn have limited use of their tails. They have enough control to move relatively heavy objects (under 90 kilograms), but the control is not fine enough to perform fine manipulation (for example, to aim a weapon).
Perceptive: Ryn gain the Sharp-eyed feat for free.
Automatic Languages: Ryn, Basic.

And ofcourse, my ship:

YT-1210 Light Freighter

The first upgrade of the YT-1200 (featuring a shield generator and a faster hyperdrive), this freighter had a fairly short production run because its innovations led to the YT-1300 only a few decades later. Nonetheless, it has been very common throughout the Galaxy for over two centuries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d20 stats:

Craft: Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1210 Transport
Class: Transport
Cost: 20,000 (used)
Size: Small (35 m)
Crew: Normal +2 (2 crew)
Passengers: 4
Cargo Capacity: 100 tons
Consumables: 2 months
Hyperdrive: x2 (backup x16)
Maximum Speed: Attack
Defense: 21 (+10 armor, +1 size)
Shield Points: 30
Hull Points: 120
DR: 10
Weapon: Laser cannon
Fire Arc: Turret
Attack Bonus: +5 (+1 size, +2 crew, +2 fire control)
Damage: 4d10x2
Range Modifiers: PB +0, S +0, M/L n/a

Okay, maybe I'm too demanding. But can I be a spacer? It is not listed in your list, but there are spacer in the SW universe. Not a smuggles. Just someone who tries to make his money with transporting goods and people ...

Felix29
08-21-2001, 04:56 PM
Oh... how do we figure out ages? I have no idea how long a Defel lives :(

Defel... mercenary (class: soldier) I guess :) (why would you have an invisible bartender? ;) )

Name:Ofvatra Vslang

Height: 1.5 metres

Weight: 152 lbs.

Eye Colour: Red

Skin Colour: Covered in fur (only visible in ultra violet light)

Hair Colour: Black fur (only visible in ultra violet light)

observer_20000
08-21-2001, 04:58 PM
Ok, I've been in a few online RPGs before, I'll try this one, before I post my character, and his stats, is it possible to have all the conformed rules, and stuff put in a single post?

P.S. If you're having trouble coming up with an SW name, try this (http://www.america.net/~jwright/swname.htm).

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 05:00 PM
Yes, Gamma732 is well aware of the traditions of the Gand, however, being a merc-type person, Gamma732 may see it fit to have Gamma732's character to part from those traditions. Gamma732 will decide later when he has more time. That is if ya smell what..........ah forget it lol ;)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:01 PM
My name will be: Jäger Eidesche (German for Hunter Lizard ;) )

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 05:02 PM
If I'm correct about the thing about Gands seeing infra-red, I might be able to see that Defel ;)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:07 PM
From the SW Essential Guide to Alien Species: 'Their orange super sensitive eyes can see into infared range"- I see defel :D Oh and Kvan, I'm a young Trandoshan, so I can regenerate limbs ;)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 05:08 PM
Ok, gamma whats your Class?
Awing, I can't find a template for your Defel :(

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:21 PM
Why don't you make one up, Kvan? Here's the info in the essential guide to aliens:

Defel/ Wraith

Designation: Sentient

Planet of Origin: Af'El

Average Height: 1.7 metres

The Defels, often called wraiths, are stocky, fur covered humanoids with protruding snouts and hands with long claws and triple jointed digits. They can only be seen undert ultra violet light. In standard light, Defels appear to be little more than ghosts- red eyed shdows that are difficult to detect with the human eye. They have the ability to bend light around there bodies, causing them to blend in with there surroundings. Defel's live in underground cities on their homeworld, where they are known for their ore mining facilitiesand there excellence in metallurgy. Offworld, Defels are often hired as spies and assassins due to there ability to 'disappear'

*gasps* So much typing :(

Here's what I get for attributes: Dexterious (metallurgy, triple jointed), Good social skills (live together in underground cities), Good sense of smell (long nose)... can anyone think of others?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 05:26 PM
I'm going to leave that to wraith to make up :D
Or if anyone else can find it...

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:28 PM
*breathless* After all that typing, Kvan? :eek: :eek:

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 05:29 PM
ok let's try this again.

Name: Nasina'k
Job: spy

oh, and is there any place where i can get some info on ships and things? I've looked around but couldn't find anything on the major sites. Could you give me an exact link?

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:30 PM
www.SWRPGNetwork.com Thats what he told me, anyways :(

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 05:31 PM
i said "exact." I've been there but i can't find a single thing!

Young David
08-21-2001, 05:32 PM
Okay ... let's get a fact sheet about this spacer:

Name: Druno
Height: 1.20 m
Weight: 40 kg
Eye color: orange-red
Skin color: brownish-grey
Hair color: brownish-grey
Class: scout

Ship Name: Anglic Nomad

Kvan
08-21-2001, 05:33 PM
ok let's try this again.

Name: Nasina'k
Job: spy

oh, and is there any place where i can get some info on ships and things? I've looked around but couldn't find anything on the major sites. Could you give me an exact link?
Here is a link to some stuff (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/category.php?sort=type)
Your still a Kubaz right?

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:34 PM
TIE, I thought you might like this: TIE Defender (d20)

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems TIE Defender
Class: Starfighter
Cost: 200,000 (new)
Size: Diminutive (6.1 meters)
Crew: 1 (Skilled +4)
Passengers: 0
Cargo Capacity: 90 kilograms
Hyperdrive: x2
Consumables: 1 week
Maximum Speed: Ramming
Defense: 24 (+4 Size, +10 Armor)
Shield Points: 90
Hull Points: 90
Damage Reduction: 5
Weapons:
Laser Cannons x4 (fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Attack Bonus: +12 (+4 size, +4 crew, +4 fire control)
Damage: 7d10x2
2 Proton Torpedo Launchers
Attack Bonus: +11 (+4 size, +4 crew, +3 fire control)
Damage: 9d10x2
Range Modifiers: PB +0, S +0, M -2, L n/a
Ion Cannons x2 (fire-linked)
Attack Bonus: +11 (+4 size, +4 crew, +3 fire control)
Damage: Special
Range Modifiers: PB +0, S/M/L n/a

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:36 PM
Kvan, do ya think I could own a fleet of these:

Craft: Xi Char Cathedral Factory Advanced Droid Bomber
Class: Starfighter
Cost: 80,000 for four; 5,000 for control unit
Size: Fine (3.9 meters)
Crew: 0 (Skilled +4)
Passengers: 0
Cargo Capacity: 60 kilograms
Maximum Speed: Ramming
Defense: 28 (+8 Size, +10 Armor)
Shield Points: 0
Hull Points: 110
Damage Reduction: 5
Weapons:
Heavy Proton Missile Launchers x2 (Fire Linked) (16 carried)
Attack Bonus: +14 (+8 size, +4 crew, +2 fire control)
Damage: 10d10x2
Range Modifiers: PB -2, S/M/L n/a

Here is my weapon:

Model: Stouker Armaments Concussion Blast Rifle
Type: Concussion rifle
Cost: 3500
Damage: 3d10/2d8
Critical: 19-20
Range Increment: 10 meters
Weight: 8.6 kg
Type: Energy
Size: Large
Group: Heavy
Notes: This weapon is deadly to the user at close range - roll 1D6 (4-6 succeeding) to see if the user is damaged when firing at close range.

And here is my personal ship:

Craft: Hoersch-Kessel Drive Inc. Heavy Transport
Cost: 200,000 (new), 85,000 (used)
Size: Small (49.2 Meters)
Crew: 2 (Normal +2)
Passengers: 10
Cargo Capacity: 350 Metric Tons
Consumables: 4 months
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Maximum Speed: Cruising
Defense: 21 (+1 Size, +10 Armor)
Shield Points: 60
Hull Points: 180
Damage Reduction: 10
Weapons:
Light Turbolasers x2 (fire-linked)
Attack Bonus: +7 (+1 size, +2 crew, +4 fire control)
Damage: 5d10x2
Quad Laser Cannons x2
Attack Bonus: +9 (+1 size, +2 crew, +6 fire control)
Tractor Beam
Attack Bonus: +9 (+1 size, +2 crew, +6 fire control)
Damage: Special

Kvan
08-21-2001, 05:41 PM
I can't make judgements on weapons and ships. Wraith will. If it's not too powerful I'm sure he will say yes to it :)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:44 PM
Well... do you think my stuff is good? :( I'm just a merc... so I'm not sure it's to realistic to owna fleet of Advanced Droid Fighters ;)

Young David
08-21-2001, 05:47 PM
Well ... My ship is 20,000 credits. Those other two are 200,000 & 80,000 credits ... now that is a major difference.

I'm picturing as a setting a bit like Mos Eisley in ANH. A spaceport with a cantina ...

Kvan
08-21-2001, 05:52 PM
Well... do you think my stuff is good? :( I'm just a merc... so I'm not sure it's to realistic to owna fleet of Advanced Droid Fighters ;)
Rommel that is a bit expensive. I think maybe you should get a Z-95 or something like that. After all your not a Smuggler or spacer your a Merc. :)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 05:58 PM
But... but... fine :mad:

Is this good?

YT-2000 Space Transport (d20)
Craft: Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-2000 Trasport
Cost: 130,000 (new), 45,000 (used)
Size: Small (33 Meters)
Passengers: 4
Cargo Capacity: 110 Metric Tons
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2 (backup x12)
Shield Points: 100
Hull Points: 150
Weapons:
Double Laser Turret
Damage: 6d10x2
Blaster Cannons x2 (fire-linked)
Attack Bonus: +6 (+1 size, +2 crew, +3 fire control)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:00 PM
Hheheheh....poor rommel :(
I'm I don't think Tie-Uglies existed when we are playing :)
{EDIT I could have sworn it said Tie-ugly}
BTW Rommel if you get a ship it's probably going to be REAL cheap, like 20,000 credits. :)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 06:02 PM
It's changed... It's a precursor to the YT-2400. Is that better, Kvan. I'm buying it used for 45,000 ;)

Young David
08-21-2001, 06:05 PM
YT-2000 are fairly new models. They play a big role in XWA, I don't know if they were manufactored back then.

BTW Rommel ... I also have a position open for a CO-pilot, so you can sit in my craft :)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:05 PM
Rommel You might want to see if you can be friends with YD in the game, since he probably has a good chance of getting a ship :)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 06:07 PM
I'm a merc.... you gotta hire me ;) Are we allowed to share ships Kvan? Maybe, YD and I could pool our money and buy a YT-2000 ;)

So, YD wanna be friends :D

Young David
08-21-2001, 06:12 PM
Kvan already opted to be engeneer on my ship, that already makes up the 2 crewmembers listed in the factsheet.

But if someone wants to be co-pilot ... ring a bel.

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:13 PM
I'm a merc.... you gotta hire me ;) Are we allowed to share ships Kvan? Maybe, YD and I could pool our money and buy a YT-2000 ;)

So, YD wanna be friends :D
Maybe, I'm thinking on being a engineer on YD's ship (if he lets me and if wraith says it's ok). :D

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 06:15 PM
Or... we could all pool our money and buy a YT-2000 ;)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 06:29 PM
Here's my (hopeful) stats-
Talat'rad'arano, or "Trad" (How's that for a Chiss name?)
Class: Jedi Guardian
Species: Chiss :thrawn2: (I'm hoping)
Weight: 145
Eyes: Red (Glowing)
Hair: Blue/Black
Skin: Light Blue

Weapons-
Lightsaber: Green

Other-
Abilities: Good Pilot

Is that good, or should I add something?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:32 PM
Here's my (hopeful) stats-
Talat'rad'arano, or "Trad" (How's that for a Chiss name?)
Class: Jedi Guardian
Species: Chiss :thrawn2: (I'm hoping)
Weight: 145
Eyes: Red (Glowing)
Hair: Blue/Black
Skin: Light Blue

Weapons-
Lightsaber: Green

Is that good, or should I add something?
You realize that since your a starting Jedi, your not going to have a Lightsaber? :D

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 06:34 PM
Ack....it figures everyone's characters make friends when I'm not here......might there be any other merc's that wanna be friends? ;)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 06:35 PM
I don't have a ship! WAAAAAAAHHHH! :ball:

*sniff, sniff* Anybody need a footstool for exiting their ship? If so I'm availible. (Not that I have any knowledge of space battles in SWRPG.)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:36 PM
Ack....it figures everyone's characters make friends when I'm not here......might there be any other merc's that wanna be friends? ;)
Heheheh...Actually we might not end up being friends. It's wraiths call :)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 06:36 PM
You could be my copilot... if you help me pay for my YT-2000 ;) I'm a merc, Gamma, I'll be your friend :D

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 06:37 PM

You realize that since your a starting Jedi, your not going to have a Lightsaber? :D
That's fine, as long as I get to make one.

BTW Could someone make a list of ships, like put down the ships and who owns them one who is riding on them, please? Cause I'm kinda confused.

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 06:38 PM
Don't worry, thrawn, I neither have a ship, nor do I know anything about RPG ships :D And with my luck I'll miss more 'discussion' considering that I have to run out again!:mad:

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 06:39 PM
Ya posted just in time, I'm in, Rommel! :) But now I really do gotta run :(

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 06:39 PM
You could be my copilot... if you help me pay for my YT-2000 ;) I'm a merc, Gamma, I'll be your friend :D

I'm quoting myself- how strange ;) , You huys can travel with me... we'll split the cost three ways to buy a used YT-2000... okay? :confused:

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:41 PM
Hehehe, there is a link on page 5 or 6 that links to ships and equipment. I wouldn't worry too much about that stuff, the GM has to approve it first. Try and think of a background for your character :)

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 06:41 PM
hmmm...I'll wait until I can see my options to chose all my attributes, but here goes:

Darthfergie
class: force adapt
Species: Human
Wieght: 187 lb

Weapons: standard blaster for start up (upgraded into Concussion grenade/heavy blaster/anti-mech triple barrel montrosity. DARK TROOPER'S RIFLE:dtrooper: )

Craft: starting...TIE fighter (upgrade to TIE Defender mk.II)

:dtrooper: Ultimate Dark Trooper :dtrooper:

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:43 PM
hmmm...I'll wait until I can see my options to chose all my attributes, but here goes:

Darthfergie
class: force adapt
Species: Human
Wieght: 187 lb

Weapons: standard blaster for start up (upgraded into Concussion grenade/heavy blaster/anti-mech triple barrel montrosity. DARK TROOPER'S RIFLE:dtrooper: )

Craft: starting...TIE fighter (upgrade to TIE Defender mk.II)

:dtrooper: Ultimate Dark Trooper :dtrooper:
Fergie I think we are going to be playing in the Old Rep. era. So Tie fighters and Dark troopers don't exist yet :(

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 06:46 PM
Lets see... I'm a young (by trandoshan standards) Like all Trandoshans, I hate wookiee's... (especially wookiees on steriods ;)) I was one of the trandoshans involved in planning an assault on Kashyyk... but since the attack failed I was disgraced, and all my jagaanath points were taken away... So I became a merc, in order to earn back my jagaanath points and earn a spot in the afterlife... Thats all I can think of right now... I'll add more later ;)

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 06:46 PM

Fergie I think we are going to be playing in the Old Rep. era. So Tie fighters and Dark troopers don't exist yet :(

THen I'll make them;)

If we are playing Old Rep. where are the Chiss???:confused:

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 06:48 PM
I've already posted my stats, but my background. Hmm, that'll take some thought.

I'll be a Chiss who was banished from the homeworld (no doubt for being too cool). He was taken to a planet and dropped of where he was later found be a trader, who felt sorry for him and took him to the next planet on his trade run. That planet was where he met up with. . .whoever's playing in our RPG.

How's that? Not too farfetched is it?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:49 PM

THen I'll make them;)

Wriath is going to make a ruling to allow a Chiss in the game.:)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 06:50 PM

THen I'll make them;)

Chiss were around, they just weren't well known (at all). Read my history thingy and you'll see.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 06:52 PM

Wriath is going to make a ruling to allow a Chiss in the game.:)
ONLY IF there aren't too many people who want to be Chiss. He said only one maybe two.

YAY! I probably get to be a Chiss! Yay! :thrawn2:

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:54 PM

ONLY IF there aren't too many people who want to be Chiss. He said only one maybe two.

YAY! I probably get to be a Chiss! Yay! :thrawn2:
Better hope no one esle wants to be Chiss;)

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 06:55 PM
Ok, finally got my ship figured out. I got the cheapest scout ship i could find.

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems "Lone Scout-A"
Type: Stock scout vessel
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 24 meters
Skill: Space transports: Lone Scout
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Astrogation 3D+2, sensors 3D, space transports 4D, starship gunnery 4D, starship shields 3D+2
Passengers: 3
Cargo Capacity: 150 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Cost:30,000 (used)
Hyperdrive Backup: x15
Nav Computer: Yes
Space: 5
Atmosphere: 295; 850 KMH
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D
Sensors: Passive: 30/0D Scan: 50/1D Search: 75/2D Focus: 5/3D

Weapons:
1 Laser Cannon
Skill: Starship gunnery
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5KM
Damage: 4D

I've been saving up for a while :D

Kvan
08-21-2001, 06:59 PM
Ok, finally got my ship figured out. I got the cheapest scout ship i could find.

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems "Lone Scout-A"
Type: Stock scout vessel
Length: 24 meters
Skill: Space transports: Lone Scout
Crew Skill: Astrogation 3D+2, sensors 3D, space transports 4D, starship gunnery 4D, starship shields 3D+2
Passengers: 3
Cargo Capacity: 150 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Cost:30,000 (used)
Hyperdrive Backup: x15
Nav Computer: Yes
Space: 5
Atmosphere: 295; 850 KMH
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D
Sensors: Passive: 30/0D Scan: 50/1D Search: 75/2D Focus: 5/3D

Weapons:
1 Laser Cannon
Skill: Starship gunnery
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5KM
Damage: 4D

I've been saving up for a while :D
Tie thats actuallly a Starship from the D6 rules :) Nice try though!;)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 06:59 PM
Wait, wait. I know someone is gonna say that I couldn't be a Jedi cause I'm too old right. Well, here's my revised version. The Chiss was hidden on that planet for an unknown reason and the trader picked him up (he was only 1 or 2) but didn't have time to raise him so he gave him to his friend who was a Jedi, and the Jedi saw that he was Force adept or whatever and put him in the Jedi temple to be trained (it was the best thing he could think of to do with the boy). And so, now I'm a Jedi Guardian (who is I'm thinking 17 years old).

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 07:15 PM

Tie thats actuallly a Starship from the D6 rules :) Nice try though!;)

Dang it, now what am i gonna do!!!! I need a ship, a scout is no good without a ship!!!

EDIT: Ok, got one that will work:

YT-1150 Space Transport (d20)
Craft: Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1150 Medium Transport
Cost:15,000 (used)
Size: Small (31.2 Meters)
Passengers: 6
Cargo Capacity: 90 Metric Tons
Consumables: 1 month
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2 (backup x8)
Shield Points: 40
Hull Points: 100
Weapons:
Laser Cannon x2 (fire-linked)

It's low cost allowed me to heavily modify it to have better hyperdrive, sublight, laser, and shield ratings. But i still need a copilot........

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 07:31 PM
Ooh, me, me! I'm a Chiss Jedi Guardian with moderate to good piloting skills. I'll be your copilot! :thrawn2: Now can you resist that big Chiss smile?

dvader07
08-21-2001, 07:38 PM
Hey guys, I have a few questions. I have played a very small amount of rpg sessions, however, never on-line. The idea of a starwars rpg sounds kind of interesting, but I don't have a lot of time to be able to play. So, what are the time commitments that we are talking about, and how will the game work. Will we have a dedicated time that everyone gets together, or will it just sort of be whenever and whoever. Also, is it ok if not everyone is there all the time. I realize that it makes it sort of difficult for th player to keep up with what is going on if they are never there, but I am just trying to decide if this is something that I can and want to do. And lastly, if there is a dedicated time to meet, are there any thoughts on when that might be?

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 08:00 PM
Ok Thrawn, you can be my copilot if Wraith Allows it. You'd be good in a fight, and what kinda jedi can't go undetected?

Clefo
08-21-2001, 08:06 PM
Oh this looks so awesome. but I wasn't able to read the whole thread DANG YOU SCHOOL DANG YOU TO HELL!

Is there room left?

Kvan
08-21-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
Oh this looks so awesome. but I wasn't able to read the whole thread DANG YOU SCHOOL DANG TO HELL!

Is there room left?
There is always room Clefo! :) Just tell us what Species, Class and job you hold (btw we are playing in the Old Rep. era)

Clefo
08-21-2001, 08:42 PM
Ok

Name: Clefo
Sex: Male
Class: Scoundral
Race: Mon Calamari
Job: Freelance Transport Pilot

I chose a ship from that site

Craft: Modified Corellian X-9000 Light Cruiser
Cost: Not Available For Sale
Size: Large (115m long)
Crew: 4 (Normal +2); gunners: 5
Cargo Capacity: 20 metric tons
Hyperdrive: x2 (backup x15)
Defense: 19 (-1 size, +10 armor)
Shield Points: 360
Hull Points: 230
DR: 20
Weapon: Turbolasers x5
Fire Arc: Front (1), Right (2), Left (2)
Attack Bonus: +5 (-1 size, +2 crew, +4 fire control)
Damage: 5d10x5
Range Modifiers: PB -2, S/M +0, L n/a
Game Notes: Republic battlecruisers are equipped with a gunnery pod (quad laser cannon [Atk +7, Dmg 5d10x2, RM -2/+0/na/na], concussion missile launcher [Atk +7, Dmg 4d10x5, RM -2/+0/+0/n/a]) in addition to its complement of fixed weaponry. The battlecruiser also carries 2 standard 8-person escape pods.

Kvan
08-21-2001, 08:48 PM
Ok

Name: Clefo
Sex: Male
Class: Scoundral
Race: Mon Calamari
Job: Freelance Transport Pilot

I chose a ship from that site

Craft: Modified Corellian X-9000 Light Cruiser
Cost: Not Available For Sale
Size: Large (115m long)
Crew: 4 (Normal +2); gunners: 5
Cargo Capacity: 20 metric tons
Hyperdrive: x2 (backup x15)
Defense: 19 (-1 size, +10 armor)
Shield Points: 360
Hull Points: 230
DR: 20
Weapon: Turbolasers x5
Fire Arc: Front (1), Right (2), Left (2)
Attack Bonus: +5 (-1 size, +2 crew, +4 fire control)
Damage: 5d10x5
Range Modifiers: PB -2, S/M +0, L n/a
Game Notes: Republic battlecruisers are equipped with a gunnery pod (quad laser cannon [Atk +7, Dmg 5d10x2, RM -2/+0/na/na], concussion missile launcher [Atk +7, Dmg 4d10x5, RM -2/+0/+0/n/a]) in addition to its complement of fixed weaponry. The battlecruiser also carries 2 standard 8-person escape pods.
Hey, your the first Mon Cal. I've seen :) I do see something that wraith might have a problem with. Your ship is a Light Cruiser, thats a liitle big for begining characters.
Just wondering but have you played an rpg's before? It doesn't really matter if you have or not. :)

SWRouge9_Horn
08-21-2001, 08:49 PM
i just signed up with this thing so i would like some help
but other then that i would love to start help start a online rpg.
would like to play old repuplic or rebellion times

Kvan
08-21-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SWRouge9_Horn
i just signed up with this thing so i would like some help
but other then that i would love to start help start a online rpg.
would like to play old repuplic or rebellion times
Ok, cool. what do you need help with? :)

Clefo
08-21-2001, 08:55 PM
Really? The damn thing was under transports. But just in case here's an alternitive

Cost: 15,000 (used)
Weapons:

And I forgot personal weapon

Twister Knife (d20)
Cost: 450
Damage: 2d4
Critical: 20
Range Increment: -
Weight: .5 kg
Stun Damage/Fort DC: -
Type: Slashing
Size: Medium
Group: Exotic
Notes: A twister knife always uses a character's maximum melee attack bonus for each attack, through the third attack (if a character is allowed that many attacks by his level).

And I have RPG'd before, its a great hobby

Kvan
08-21-2001, 08:59 PM
Really? The damn thing was under transports. But just in case here's an alternitive

Cost: 74,000 (new), 15,000 (used)
Weapons:

And I forgot personal weapon

Twister Knife (d20)
Cost: 450
Damage: 2d4
Range Increment: -
Weight: .5 kg
Stun Damage/Fort DC: -
Type: Slashing
Size: Medium
Group: Exotic
Notes: A twister knife always uses a character's maximum melee attack bonus for each attack, through the third attack (if a character is allowed that many attacks by his level).

And I have RPG'd before, its a great hobby
hehehe...your gonna use jus a knife? keen!

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 09:03 PM
Ooh, me, me! I'm a Chiss Jedi Guardian with moderate to good piloting skills. I'll be your copilot! :thrawn2: Now can you resist that big Chiss smile?

I thought you were my copilot... or was that gamma? :confused:

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 09:11 PM
Okay... YD I'll be your copilot... since the YT-2000 is too expensive... :)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 09:13 PM
Haha! I think I'm his copilot! :p

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 09:17 PM
I thought I was your copilot Rommel.......Darn it!! Why did I have to go hang out with real life friends tonight??? Real life friends stink!! They detract time from online friends ;) j/k

Anyone else need a sidekick? :D

Clefo
08-21-2001, 09:19 PM
Well if you don't mind emotional abuse (Which is what my character will be famous for) Then you're in!

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 09:19 PM
NOOO!! Kvan... me and gamma are rich mercs... can we pool are moola and buy the wonderful YT-2000

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 09:21 PM
Well.....me and Rommel......and if we get 1 guy to be the gunner thats 3......and thats more money :)

Kvan
08-21-2001, 09:21 PM
Ok, how about everyone pm me and tell me who your partnered with and I'll post it as a suggestion to Wriath? Yes? :)

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 09:22 PM
Who wants to be our gunner?

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 09:23 PM
Great Idea. Forget the pm's tho, Go to the chatroom to avoid confusion!

Darth_Rommel
08-21-2001, 09:24 PM
Great idea! All RPG candidates come to the chat!

Tie Guy
08-21-2001, 10:23 PM
ok, here's my blaster. (and its from d20 too :D)

Blastech DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol
Cost: 750
Damage: 5d4
Range Increment: 5 meters
Weight: 1.3 kg
Stun Damage/Fort DC: 1d8/DC 18
Type: Energy
Size: Small
Group: Blaster Pistols

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 10:26 PM
I have no clue how/what to pick for a weapon.....whats a good starting blaster? I'm really new to this.....

Whats the SW equivalent to an assault rifle? I'd like to use one of those later in the game

Wraith 5
08-21-2001, 10:39 PM
ok i am lost and this is not a good thing since i am the gm...

idea to get me back on track...

everyone email me you have or would like, i have no idea who is what or has what.

email thor.m.wright@uwrf.edu

*Thinks to himself* I never thought that in 5 hours this thread would grow 5 pages...

I know you all want me to tell you yes or no, but i really need to know what you want me to say yes or no to, so please send me thouse emails

p.s. also email me any question you have about making a pc or question you have about your pc.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-21-2001, 10:51 PM
Alright let me get this straight. The partners are:

1. YD and Kvan

2. Rommel and Gamma732

3. TIEguy and thrawn12786 (me)

I believe Clefo is playing, is he not? Who is he with?
Any others?

IMPORTANT EVERYONE READ THIS!!!
Perhaps someone should post a thread in which each person only gets one post (you can edit it though). And each person should post their pc and what they want to have, weapons ships etc.. Also partners. Someone do this and itll be alot easier! :D

PS I'll be back on tomorrow, err Wednesday (for me).

General Nilaar
08-21-2001, 10:58 PM
This is a good idea! I'd like to join if it doesn't take too much of a time requirement. I'm simply not online enough each day to play if I have to post more than once or twice a day on what my character is doing though.

I don't have any of the books yet, but like I said in another thread, I was already planning on buying them online the next time my credit card can spare the cash;)

I'd like to play an Ubese on his way to becoming a Bounty Hunter. In the same type of armor that Boushh wore (the armor that disguised Leia in RoTJ). Does the entire race wear that when travelling off planet, or was it just battle armor?

I'm not sure there's any stats for the Ubese, but if there isn't, there doesn't seem to be any major differences between them and humans that I can tell.

The only description of his armor that I can find comes from an online source: "He was an Ubese who spoke in a strange metallic voice and wore a helmet presumably equipped with numerous sensors, a macrobinocular viewplate, and other gadgets."

General Nilaar
08-21-2001, 11:04 PM
There is no Old Republic Sourcebook yet, I think you're talking about the new Rebellion Era Sourcebook. The Secrets of Naboo and the Living Force Campaign are both set during the Old Republic Era though. The Secrets of Tatooine has information on that planet for all three eras.

Since we'll be using these forums to play, I think a good idea would be for everyone to create a special account for their RPG character. That way you'd be posting under your characters name and you could find a suitable avatar to show us what your character looks like.

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 11:07 PM
What about people like me who don't know how to make avatars? ;)

General Nilaar
08-21-2001, 11:48 PM
It's pretty easy. All you have to do is find a picture on the net that can serve to be a representation of what your character looks like, and then get it to fit into the 70x70 pixel space allowed. Most likely by cutting everything off except the head and shrinking it down to the desired size. Then upload it to the GB.com server on the same page you clicked on to get to the avatar selection page, and there's your avatar.

I claim the armor that Leia used to disguise herself in Return of the Jedi! Hey, it belonged to a guy before she ended up with it;)

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 11:50 PM
The most advanced graphics program I have is the piant program that came w/the computer.....will that do it?

General Nilaar
08-22-2001, 12:05 AM
That's all I used to cut out General Veers's head and crop it to the right size;)

Boba Rhett
08-22-2001, 12:05 AM
Yes it will but might I suggest downloading the demo of PSP. If you were really desperate you could have one of us resize a pic or make one for you.

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 12:07 AM
No to go about to find a Gand pic......this will not be easy hehe

Boba Rhett
08-22-2001, 12:15 AM
I know it needs to be resized but is this good enough?

http://www.anotheruniverse.com/gifs/swdb/zuckuss.gif

Kvan
08-22-2001, 12:17 AM
No to go about to find a Gand pic......this will not be easy hehe
Nilaar I wouldn't suggest making a new account. The MOD's will have yourhead if they find out. :)
Gamma try looking at www.deciper.com for a pic of a Gand. If you can't I'll try and find you one, when I get back to my own computer.

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 12:19 AM
Using school computers for personal use?? Admin will have your head if they found out ;) Thanks for the link

**UPDATE**
"The part of the site you wish to visit is not available right now." Well, isn't that great?

General Nilaar
08-22-2001, 12:23 AM
Well maybe they wouldn't mind just for this one purpose? I think it's a really neat idea;)

There's only a handful of us....

Kvan
08-22-2001, 12:23 AM
Gamma here is another Link Gand (http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=353) that has a pic and stuff about your species :)
Nilaar, you can ask but I know they will say no. :(

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 12:34 AM
Ah, good, but is using that pic legal?

General Nilaar
08-22-2001, 12:36 AM
"I will make it legal." :holosid:

Kvan
08-22-2001, 12:37 AM
Ah, good, but is using that pic legal?
I'm not sure what you mean...

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by General Nilaar
"I will make it legal." :holosid:

lol Good one :) I mean, like with copywrites and stuff....I'm paranoid when it comes to things like this

Kvan
08-22-2001, 12:43 AM

lol Good one :) I mean, like with copywrites and stuff....I'm paranoid when it comes to things like this
It's a picture from the movie on the internet. It's legal to take. :)

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 12:51 AM
Man, I'm an idiot.....Rhett posted this pic a while ago n we all missed it. Thanks Rhett ;)

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 12:59 AM
Stupid Question. How do you crop the image or part of the image to be 70x70?

Kvan
08-22-2001, 01:03 AM
Stupid Question. How do you crop the image or part of the image to be 70x70?
Just open it in MS Paint and go to Attributes and type in 70X70 :)

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 01:04 AM

Just open it in MS Paint and go to Attributes and type in 70X70 :)

I did that, but I get the top left corner of the image every time

Kvan
08-22-2001, 01:07 AM
Show me the pic your doing and I'll do it. If you could do it now, I'd be happy, since the teacher is telling to get off :)
EDIT: I got to go, I'll be on in like 30 min :D

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 01:09 AM
Its the pic from the link you gave....I don't have your e-mail from last night so i can't e-mail it

Kvan
08-22-2001, 01:50 AM
Its the pic from the link you gave....I don't have your e-mail from last night so i can't e-mail it
Well here you go. Can you tell what it is? :)
http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/jahkris/gand.GIF

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 02:00 AM
Works for me...even though I hadda fight my computer into letting me save it in the correct format. Thanks. Problem #2 is weapons.....where were the other guys getting their weapon ideas from? Or should I not worry about that?

Lord JayVizIon
08-22-2001, 02:03 AM
kvan, count me in for the wookie on steroids i told you about. i need to come up with a template for him. what rules do i have to abide by?

Kvan
08-22-2001, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
kvan, count me in for the wookie on steroids i told you about. i need to come up with a template for him. what rules do i have to abide by?
Well we are playing in the Old Rep. (or Rise of the Empire if you will) era, so nothing like Stormtrooper armor or stuff like that.
No, Siths either
Hey Jay here is a perfect weapon for you :) Ryyk blade (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=254)
Gamma here are some stuff (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/category.php?sort=type) to look at.

General Nilaar
08-22-2001, 07:59 AM
For those who need a record sheet for their character you can download it here: http://www.wizards.com/starwars/swSheet.pdf

It'll give you a place to record everything about your character after he/she has been finalized.

Havoc Stryphe
08-22-2001, 08:08 AM
I would LOVE to play, problem is I haven't played the RPG since it's changed hands from West End to Wizard. I had twenty different source books and played like a fiend when it was West End. This new 20D system is new to me (At leat on a Star Wars game, I have played AD&D extensively) So I would have to relearn Character creation on a 20D system as well as new combat rolls and numbers etc... :(

Would someone be willing to teach an old dog new tricks?:D

General Nilaar
08-22-2001, 08:19 AM
Looking at the type of characters everyone wants to be, anybody else think we should call Tatooine home?

Since there is no Old Rebublic Sourcebook out yet, the GM may want to pick up the Secrets of Tatooine sourcebook for help with a campaign setting. Might save him a little bit of time at least;)

From what I've heard about it, it gives info for all three time periods. I'm sure everything would be useful though, just replace any Stormtroopers with Trade Federation Battle Droids and you're good to go;)

The other two settings are the Secrets of Naboo and the Living Force Sourcebook. Both are useful for showing other locations in the Old Republic time period.

Anyone interested can find reviews for all Star Wars D20 books at: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/subcat.php?sort=contenttype&subsort=3

Wraith 5
08-22-2001, 10:18 AM
Nilaar welcome to the game.

I just pickup the core and darkside sorce book, but did not see the Secrets of Tatooine book.

And you aer right, there is no old republic sorce book, i most have saw it as a comeing soon thing, or something.

The link the Nilaar gave is the sheet that i want from everyone, you don't need to (and please don't) send me a scan of the sheet, just send me the info on it, i can fill out other one on my end if i so choose.

Nilaar the idea about new handels is a cool idea, but the mods my not like it. I will send a note to chris and ask him what he thinks.

I plan on this being on of the last post in this thread, it is getting way to big, and i am have trouble trying to keep up.

So here is the plan...

I am going to start a new thread i want every one to post what you want for a pc in there (keep sending me emails if you already havn't!!!), there will also be a new thread for questions, this you can ask questions, and talk about what you want to do with your pc's please don't talk about them in the other thread, i don't care if youchange your mind and post a new pc just don't talk about them.

These 2 new threads will start with "swrpg:" if you feel the need to start a new thread and it is about swrpg, always use "swrpg:" first, that way everyone will know what the topic is about.

Thank you and please keep sending me your emails!!!