PDA

View Full Version : Yo Hannibal!

ESE_Sithlord
09-03-2001, 04:32 AM
Yo listen why didnt ya call ya self Mr. Lector? or Hannibal Lector or Dr. Lector

BeastMaster
09-03-2001, 03:20 PM
Possibly because Hannibal isn't just a movie character; it's a name from real history as well.

Hannibal was a Carthaginian general who led an assault against Sparta (in ancient Greece). His force rode armoured elephants and were defeated just miles from the city gates (if I remember correctly; my last history class was years ago).

In vengeance, Sparta wreaked one of the greatest atrocities in human history.

The entire city-state of Carthage (in north Africa) was razed to the ground. All the "fighting-age" men were slaughtered (even the non combattants), as were all the elders. The women and children were sold into slavery.

The city and outlying farms were burned and the earth salted so that nothing would ever grow there again.

Burn it down. . . Burn it down, and salt the earth.--Government agent, ordering the destruction of the Initiative bunker (BtVS; "Primeval")

ESE_Sithlord
09-03-2001, 03:55 PM
Yeah I know back in the Roman Empire days Hannibal was a leader and attacks the Romans.

But its just more knowned to people as (Hannibal Lector)

Hannibal
09-03-2001, 05:32 PM
Umm, My real name is Hannibal. :D So instead of me leaving out the last name of a movie serial killer, I'm just really, really unimaginative. ;)

ESE_Sithlord
09-03-2001, 09:46 PM
Ok Hannibal The Cannibal lol

pandemonium
09-04-2001, 04:39 PM
And Hannibal sounds better than Mr. Lector, Hannibal Lector or Dr. Lector... :D

Hannibal
09-04-2001, 05:48 PM
I'd say you can call me Mr. Hannibal but that sounds like a hairdresser.

Call me Mr. Tibbs!!!

ESE_Sithlord
09-04-2001, 06:42 PM
Ok Hannibal the Cannibal Will call you Mr. Hannibal