PDA

View Full Version : Biped Robots = Always Easy?

Crease
04-09-2002, 02:47 PM
Playing through the SP game on the default difficulty level (I think it was "Jedi"), those biped robots with the two gun arms are ridiculously easy. I just crouch and put my saber into them, get up, get a drink, come back and they've exploded. So, I'm wondering if they're tougher in the higher difficulty levels. I'm surprised with all the trolls lurking that no one has pointed out a pretty pointless enemy in the game (which show up frequently).

thrEEpaGe
04-09-2002, 02:50 PM
oh yeah....those things were boring...heh...i dunno what was exactly the point....(i hope those werent supposed to be atpts...)
heh

anyway, i got bored just waiting on them to die, so i used lightning (as well as on atsts)

Hiteche5
04-09-2002, 08:29 PM
I feel stupid...I always tried to shoot them with the DEMP gun...even though it's easy I wasted alot of ammo for no reason. Never thought of using lightning.

h71y6
04-09-2002, 08:55 PM
ah... i did it much better.. i walked up to him, use my stunner(!) and touch it with it. Go get a beer, take a piss, get a slice of pizza and voila!

SPY_jmr1
04-09-2002, 10:47 PM
what level has the walkers before you get the saber? cant remember.

VSAF
04-09-2002, 11:16 PM
the last part of artus mines

SPY_jmr1
04-09-2002, 11:33 PM
thank i will have to look for it.

anyone know why you dont get to keep that thing? i had thout you needed it for the stelth mission, but it was after the saber.:confused: :confused: :confused:

if i had made it i would have made the stuner have extra use's(like this one) otherwise i'd rather have fists. however this is just what i think not flame bait:D :D :D

Emon
04-10-2002, 12:44 AM
They are probably harder. I remember on easy in JK you could take out AT-STs with your saber by swining underneath, on hard they would shoot you... Kinda stupid looking, seeing a blaster shot come out at a 120 degree angle from the barrel, but oh well.

Master Sam
04-10-2002, 12:58 AM
No, they're the same (at least on normal and hard). I just pull my saber out and run around them in circles swinging.

obijonkenobi
04-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Forget those things...

Microsoft has helped the Empire/Remnant to crush those New Rebulicans (they suport Microsofts competition by using Linux for their central computers) with new vehciles!

Meet the AT-XP! Thats right folks, the Newest of the AT-__ family as arrived! Of course you must activate the machines within 30 days of buying it or they simply disable themselves.

Okay I had more about this atempted-joke but ... I got nothing....

:)

thrEEpaGe
04-10-2002, 02:15 PM
the only problem with standing there with atsts upon you is the whole thing that they will kill you if you touch their feet...hmm...heh....what i did is either just circle strafe around them and use lightning w/ my saber out so i wouldnt get crushed, or i would just kind of use my dodging skills (and running, of course) and slice and dice....saber throw is helpful as well....if you use lightning + saber throw they will be too stunned to hit....

btw, on the "stealth" mission, i think i killed everyone but like 2 people =)

its only unstealthy if they hit the alarm...hehehe...i just stood around the alarm and pulled them away from it and sliced and diced...it was great fun....i only used mind trick 2 times =)))

Digital_Ronin
04-10-2002, 02:44 PM
Same goes for me. Never played it stealthily.

Well, ok, tried to do so for the first time, but JO simply isn't a good game for that kind of stuff. It works, but it doesn't work well.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm a heavy SystemShock2/Thief/DeusEx Player, so I should know a thing or two about sneaking, but... in JO it simply isn't any fun.

Rather stir them up and slice them to pieces before they reach that nasty red button. :D

Digital_Ronin
:tied:

thrEEpaGe
04-10-2002, 02:47 PM
i loved that cutscene though of getting caught...i wasnt sure that the datapad was being serious about not getting caught the first time i ran out there and didnt see a guy running around...hehe....i learned THAT level quickly...