PDA

View Full Version : What will I need to play JKII?

JediKnight_114[b]
10-01-2001, 07:08 PM
My computer has only the built in graphics accelerator that can barely handle X-Wing Alliance, which is my most high tech game I have right now, so for JKII, I know I'll need something with a bit more punch. So, what do you guys think I'll need to play JKII?
In this weeks Best Buy ad, there is one on sale for $99.99. Here's what it is: 64MB GeForce2 MX400 PCI Graphics Card. Features 256-bit 2D and 3D graphics acceleration and a 350MHz Ramdac processor. Produces up to 800 million texels per second.

You guys think that will run it, or will nothing short of the GeForce 3 do it? Also, anyone know when the system requirements will be released for the game? That would answer my first question for me.

Thanks.

Kylilin
10-01-2001, 07:32 PM
I have the exact same Graphics card and in my not-so-expert opinion, its a pretty good card, lots of bang for the buck. I run Black and White with it no problem. You might want to check Ebay for it, I bought mine off of there for only $90.

BeastMaster
10-01-2001, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure about my graphics card. What I really need is a new processor and a better modem.

My current PC is about 4 years old, except for the graphics card, which was installed two years ago.

XWA plays beautifully (as long as there aren't too many ships in the battlefield), but Infernal Machine was overwhelmingly laggy in places, and I can only play DS9: The Fallen (my only Q3-Engine game) in the lowest possible detail setting. :(

The card can handle it, but the processor is just too slow, and I've never played MP anything in my life just because my modem will crash if it tries to do more than one thing at a time (or sometimes, just if it feels like it).

Hannibal
10-02-2001, 12:43 AM
Ok, the basics(order unimportant):
Eyes
Hands
Ears(not necessarily)
Computer
electricity
desire to play

Now go forth and play (when it comes out).

Gabrobot
10-02-2001, 02:11 AM
Me got Radeon card. Me have P3 833 Mhz processor. Me have Sound Blaster Live! card.

I can run The Unreal Tournament demo At the highest level of detail and in 640 x 480(can probably go higher then that without slowdown) and it runs without a hitch(except when Windows decides there should be one :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: ).

The Elite Force Demo(no I didn't download it with my 56k modem) runs the same as above, except that I know it can run playably(but not the smothest) in 1280 x 1024.

Kylilin
10-02-2001, 04:49 AM
I the the Sound Blaster Live! card too, it kicks major booty...

Rogue15
10-03-2001, 01:34 PM
i want a geforce2!!! i think i'll take some money and get one. or something like that. :p