PDA

View Full Version : About Dark Forces

JediKnight_114[b]
10-14-2001, 01:07 AM
I am completely stuck on the last level of the original Dark Forces. Is there an online walkthrough that I can find. I know that there is a Written walkthrough, but I don't have $20 to spend on it right now just for the last of the last level. So, if any of you know where I can find one, please let me know.

oninosensi
10-14-2001, 02:51 AM
What part are you stuck at? maybe we can help.

JediKnight_114[b]
10-14-2001, 03:11 AM
As best I can describe it, I have placed 2 of the 3 sequencer charges on the 'arc hammer' and am looking for the third port to blow. The place that I am stuck on is there is this conveyor belt that I have to ride and it stretches over this really dark (surprise) room. At the end of the conveyor is a fork that either side seems to dump me back in the dark room which only has one escape that I have found that leads me to an elevator that goes to the conveyor again. So, it is all very dark which means I need my field light every time I get run off the conveyor. I spent like twenty minutes trying to find a way off the conveyor without ending up in that room, but my light ran out of power. So, that is where I am stuck.

Ring any bells? Please let me know. I really want to finish this game.

Thanks

Gabrobot
10-14-2001, 05:20 PM
You know? That part got me for the longest time also. But anyway, you have to crouch on the conveyor belt to avoid being pushed off. You will pretty much want to stay on conveyor belt, though beware, there are sometimes two ways you can go.

BeastMaster
10-14-2001, 05:52 PM
There's a Prima Strategy Guide<sup>tm</sup> for DF, but it may be hard to come by these days. My copy is in another city.

IIRC, there's a sort of jumping puzzle that you have to do (i.e., one way at the fork, then jump [over a crosspiece], jump, duck, another fork. . .).

Sorry I can't call up specifics; I haven't played DF since '91.

[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: BeastMaster ]

JediKnight_114[b]
10-14-2001, 08:14 PM
Thanks alot Gabrobot and the rest of you. I'll give it a try as soon as I have an hour to work my way to that place again :D *@#* no midlevel saves.

Kurgan
10-17-2001, 12:32 PM
I beat the game a long time ago, although I must confess I turned my super shield on for the final battle (I know, I'm a wimp, but I'd played that #@$@ level a billion times up to that point and I didn't want to replay it one more time).

You can find TONS of strategy stuff over at this site: www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com) (free)

Kurgan

Gabrobot
10-18-2001, 05:27 AM
I don't think I ever had to turn on the super sheild, but...I also played it in easy, and I've never gotten past that one level, Jabba's ship I think, in normal. :rolleyes:

JediKnight_114[b]
10-18-2001, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I accidentally activated my super shield when I was trying to turn down the music volume so I could hear the sound effects. An honest accident that I didn't realize until I had finished the level. :o Now I'm gonna have to replay it since it is sort of a compete with myself thing to finish a game without cheating.

Anyway, thanks for the website kurgan, I have been there before, but totally forgot about it in my time of need. :D