PDA

View Full Version : The book you all helped me write is here!

wizzywig
10-18-2001, 03:15 PM
Hey, it's great to be back here at jediknight.net. I've been away for a while, but I know there are a number of people here who'll remember me. At least, I recognize a lot of familiar old names on these boards (hey, theahnfahn, Kurgan, beastmaster, y'all, wassup?).

Just wanted to let you know that my new book, ANSWERS TO SATISFY THE SOUL, is finally off the press! For everyone who wasn't here a year or more ago, we had a lot of discussions on these boards about the existence of God, the meaning of life, the nature of the soul, the nature of truth, and on and on, because I was in the process of writing a book on all of these subjects (the subtitle is Clear, Straight Answers to 20 of Life's Most Perplexing Questions). Those discussions helped me refine my ideas for the book, and a lot of people on this forum are acknowledged by name (well, by handle, anyway) in the back of the book. Thanks again for all the great interaction.

If you're interested in knowing more about the book, you can preview it at my website at http://www.denneybooks.com/ .

I also have an ANSWERS TO SATISFY THE SOUL forum at http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=&number=523 , and you're welcome to stop by and post a comment or question.

I hope to hear from you soon!

--wiz
(aka Jim Denney)

Pedro The Hutt
10-18-2001, 04:18 PM
Yo, good to see ya back here. :)
I'd ask what's up but it's sorta obvious. ;)

Ikhnaton
10-18-2001, 07:27 PM
wiz, you send free autographed copies to your friends, right? ;)

BeastMaster
10-18-2001, 10:59 PM
Hey, Wiz!

Congratulations man!

oninosensi
10-18-2001, 11:21 PM
I miss all the good stuff :P

wizzywig
10-19-2001, 10:23 PM
Hey, Pedro! Thanks for the welcoming words. 'Sup with you?

Ikhnaton! Hey, it's been a while, Ike. I vividly remember one of my earliest discussions with you--over music in church! I like guitars, drums, and keyboard, and you like polyphonic choral music with pipe organ accompaniment.

As to autographed copies for friends--I figure my friends would jump at the chance to support a hard-working writer by buying his book! ;) (Order 20 or 30 copies and you've got all your Christmas shopping done early!)

Seriously, though--my publisher has a quantity of books that I personally signed which can be ordered at 1-800-497-4909 (price is a mere $12.95 plus shipping for 192 pages of life-transforming brilliant truth--what a deal!). Or unsigned copies are available at a 20 percent discount from Amazon.com.

Btw, how's this for an endorsement:

"Answers to Satisfy the Soul ponders the deep questions and points the way to meaningful answers. Jim Denney discovers the fingerprint of God in the echoes of the Big Bang, and locates evidence for the soul in a scuffed tennis shoe. As brisk and enjoyable as a good novel, this book challenges, informs, enlightens, and yes, satisfies."
--Robert J. Sawyer, Nebula-winning science fiction writer; author of Calculating God and The Terminal Experiment

Btw, Ike, how are you liking California? You've been in the state, what? About a year now?

BeastMaster!

Thanks for the kind words--

I remember a quote you posted a couple of years ago during the God discussions, something from Babylon 5: "We are the Universe trying to make sense out of itself..."

I thought that was a true statement, as true as "The Beasts know much that we do not..."

Oninosensi--

:0P yourself! Hehehe. ;0)

Hey, man, glad to meet you! (Never met a Master of Demons or Defender of Underworlds before. You must have to wear asbestos suits.)

--da wiz

Pedro The Hutt
10-19-2001, 10:44 PM
What's up with me? my roof ^_^ hehe.. and besides that nothing much really. Same old usual stuff. :)

oninosensi
10-21-2001, 04:23 PM
Just asbestos underware, thise suits get uncomfortable.

BeastMaster
10-21-2001, 10:19 PM
I'm impressed you remember my Delenn quote. ;)

Dude! I saw Robert J. Sawyer a couple o' months back, at an SF con here in Ottawa!

Small galaxy.

wizzywig
10-22-2001, 02:53 AM
BeastMaster--

You saw RJS? Very cool. He's a GREAT writer, a master of both innovative ideas and brilliant execution.

And he's a heckanice guy.

--da wiz

Ikhnaton
10-22-2001, 04:23 AM
wiz, aye, I've been out here about a year and will most likely remain here many years after. In June I moved to the Santa Clarita area just north of LA and the community is just incredible!

things didn't work out with Trin and I, but it is okay. It wasn't what God wanted and I gotta admit that I am happy to be doing his will now.

I'll make sure I contribute to the starving author by buying your book ;)

wizzywig
10-26-2001, 01:51 AM
Ikhnaton--

Fellow Californian! Sorry it didn't work out with Trin, but glad to hear you are trucking along with God.

When you're in a bookstore, keep your eyes peeled for something that looks like this:

http://www.denneybooks.com/Answbook.jpg

All the best,
--wiz

BeastMaster
10-26-2001, 10:25 PM
Actual size. ;)

Originally posted by wizzywig:
<STRONG>You saw RJS? Very cool. He's a GREAT writer, a master of both innovative ideas and brilliant execution.

And he's a heckanice guy.</STRONG>

He's also the owner of at least one butt-ugly shirt.

I mean seriously, it was like fluorescent orange and puke green. :eek:

"Whoa! Man, nice shirt."
"Thanks. I like to make a clear target."--Larry Stewart & RJS, while setting up for a panel (CanCon 2001)