View Full Version : Why do we hate Jar Jar
07-03-2001, 01:03 AM
Give one reason you hate Jar Jar:
1) His voice
07-03-2001, 05:18 AM
1. He ruined the whole starwars atmosphere.
2. Star Wars doesn't need comic relief.
3. Was only there because ol' Georgy boy is a crackpot who hit the jackpot when he made A New Hope.
4. brought the average Star Wars fans age down by at least 10 years.
07-03-2001, 06:04 AM
1. His voice
2. He was in the movie way too much. He would have been fine if they had left them on Naboo.
3. While comic relief in the SW movies is a good thing (C3PO and R2) JarJar was too overpowering to the point of being stupid and downplaying the entire movie. The droids were a subtle humor that added to the Original Trilogy, not take away.
07-03-2001, 02:14 PM
1. You feel like George is holding your hand saying, "Ok little child this is Jar Jar he is funny be sure to laugh and smile everytime you see him... wait watch this.... see him smell that animals fart? HAHAH that was COMEDY GOLD. You won't find that on Comedy Central.. Here have some cookies and go to bed."
3. George was mad at everyone who hated Ewoks so he spent millions of dollars researching what kind of alien would piss them off 100 times more than Ewoks and he created the Gungans.
07-03-2001, 04:12 PM
You guys can think of only 13 reasons (not adding mine)??? :confused:
07-03-2001, 05:30 PM
I hate the fact that he has gotten so much attention. There were other aspects that were either really good or bad that could have been discussed be he just stands out.
i dont like him because of his voice, the way he acts, and how he gets in the way.
i really don't like him. at all.
but he is usefull in some ways, for example,: he brought the naboo and the gungans together, he led obi-wan and qui-gon to safety from the droids and lead them to the naboo. plus, he is a good target for all the critics, which lets everyone watching talk shows hear about him and(even though it's bad talk), lets all those people hear about star wars and they might take an interest in it.
hear is a little "graph" i made to show this.
Jar jar=comic target=talking about him on t.v.=everyone hears about it=taking interest=potential star wars fans= MORE MONEY FOR LUCAS.
so, mr.george lucas was smart in making the character, that evil genious. :D
07-03-2001, 08:19 PM
Jar Jar symbolizes everything that was wrong with TPM.
The whole sequence from the time that Obi and Qui mean up with Jar Jar, to the time they arrive at Naboo, is total crap. I hated the gungan leader also. He just wasn't serious or believable.
Jar Jar annoyed the hell out of everyone over the age of 7 the entire movie. He brought the movie down to a lower level.
Also the whole battle with the gungans was gay. It should have been done in a completely differant way.
07-03-2001, 10:15 PM
Well...(ignoring WD ToRMeNt's post, since I totally disagree with it) Jar Jar is just annoying. If the "spy reports" of his role in the Episode II are correct, I think we may like him in the next movie. But as to why Jar Jar is rotten in TPM---
1. He was probably created as revenge against Ewok haters, and to amuse Lucas' adopted young children.
2. He was used FAR too much. For example, he should've been left on the Queen's ship, and George could have R2 get into a fight with Sebulba.
But I don't agree that he "brought the movie down". I still love TPM in spite of Jar Jar overkill and Anakin's Yipees.
07-05-2001, 01:18 PM
Any one in the mood for a thread hijacking?
Ok; everyone agrees that Jar Jar sucks and should die in a messy, horrible way.
So my question is: How would you like to see the stupid CG mence get his?
07-05-2001, 02:12 PM
Boss Nass should have killed him before Qui Gon could have saved him. :D nullnull
07-05-2001, 02:16 PM
Obiwan should walk up to Jar jar, turn on his light saber thus killing him, Obi looks over at Annikan and winks when he says, "No one told me this saber had batteries in it."
The ship is suddenly filled with Anikan and Obiwans laughter.
07-05-2001, 02:55 PM
In the part where they jump off the balcony to save the queen he should have tripped and broken his neck when he fell to the ground.
07-05-2001, 03:43 PM
**WARNING** The below post contains extreme violence but it pertains to jar jar so you shouldn't care. **WARNING**
He should have been strapped to a table, had the top layers of his hide cut away with by ewoks with sharp sticks, Had ice pics through the knee caps and elbows in order to hold him down. He then should have honey rubbed over his entire body and then be placed in a pox containing 50000 fire ants, which would eat away his legs, ears and most of his arms. He would then be placed in a meat grinder were it would slowly Puree him.
07-05-2001, 03:56 PM
Anakin could use him as saber bag.
(he can't anything more stupid to agree) :)
Uutont Fær Uulion
07-05-2001, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Lando:
<STRONG>You won't find that on Comedy Central.. Here have some cookies and go to bed."
Hey don't be dissing on the cookies
heh heh heh heh heh heh.............
fisrt, he should be strapped down and have a ampliphier with a mic hooked to it placed right beside his ear, give the mic too annie and have annie give a horde of "Horray"s and "yippe"s.
thenthey should tar and feather him and tie a rope around his head,tie the other end to the back off a landspeeder and hall booty.
after that,(if he is still alive), stick a peace of dynamite in his.....uh....nostrul,light that puppy and enjoy the official star wars fire works. :D
[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: obi-wan13 ]
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.