PDA

View Full Version : ATAT duel map teaser

Tems
04-16-2002, 03:15 AM
this is for a duel map im working on of a couple ATATs.

yeah its just one shot of a leg, but i've only been working for 5 minutes. ive got all sorts of custom textures for it in mind to make the details so i can keep framerates up.

im gonna have a couple of the ATATs w/ maybe a small gap between so u can jump between em.

ill post more as it progresses.

http://homepage.mac.com/alwaysbe/images/shot0081.jpg

-Tems

[edit: yeah, um, it'll be snowy too. i just havent made the snow textures yet so im reusing my tatooine ones cuz they were already loaded in radiant]

[edit2: image resized]

Belial6672
04-16-2002, 05:00 AM
OOOHHH YEA
Like atst's but..ATAT's, now we are talking big league

Belial

acer
04-16-2002, 05:52 AM
Very good idea and the model looks great. It would be cool if you could go inside the AT-AT.

Prophet
04-16-2002, 05:53 AM
will we be able to go inside?

creedguy
04-16-2002, 05:56 AM
Hey, I was thinking that itd be sweet to see a wrecked out AT AT... like Echo base AFTER Empire. With a wrecked out base too. Maybe with an imperial outpost or something. Was this done with GtkRadiant?

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 07:05 AM
after seeing pics of ure upcoming tatooine map u have already become my fave mapper
keep up the good work:fett: :jawa

dreamstation
04-16-2002, 08:23 AM
Hey that looks sweet! How do i get into map making?

I have made maps for Red Faction, Tribes2 and Deus Ex!

Where can i start?

Tigris
04-16-2002, 08:42 AM
dreamstation: Third post in this Forum- all you need! ;)

Tems: Ah, I really like it :) Could really give some nice scenarios. (Perhaps the RotJ-Scene in which Luke is brought out of the AT-AT- the one inside the shuttle-pad.... Make a nice FFA or Duel Arena ;)

And when the SDK finally arrives you can make it playable

:explode:

Schizophrenic
04-16-2002, 09:02 AM
While the model looks nice, if you're going to show pics of it from now on, either shrink it or link it. A lot of people still have dialup, and a big 1024x768 image slows everything down and disrupts the flow of the thread a lot. :)

Tems
04-16-2002, 11:44 AM
yeah sorry for the image size.

does this forum have a [lvlshot] type tag that automatically shrinks it?

anyway, yes you'll be able to go inside the ATAT.

thx for the comments. ill post more images when i get it textured better + more complete.

-Tems

Tems
04-16-2002, 12:48 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/alwaysbe/images/atat.jpg

i've gotten enough of it done that i can start working on texturing the outside. let me know what you think.

-Tems

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 12:50 PM
one word:-
FANFREAKINTASTIC

is it just the angle or are the legs a bit short?

Tems
04-16-2002, 12:53 PM
could be either. the schematics i used to make it have the legs where they are on my version, but they look longer in the movie. so i dont know. it's partly the angle. i'll compromise for the final.

-Tems

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 12:55 PM
k, keep up the GREAT work, im looking forward to ure maps
:guard:
p.s anyone know where i can buy a helmet of the guy pictured on smiley, forgot name sorry :(

Tems
04-16-2002, 01:01 PM
OT: sharper image in the states used to have em. http://www.sharperimage.com

-Tems

Arco
04-16-2002, 01:50 PM
I like..... for the final map why not put in some fog around at the top (like low cloud cover) and it will really add to the atmosphere and sense of scale of the beast... like it is looming out of the fog, just i think that would look hella cool. I can't wait for this to come out it is GREAT!

Darth Seph
04-16-2002, 01:54 PM
mate that is spectacular , great work, well done , keep it up. Love to see it when its finsihed

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Arco
I like..... for the final map why not put in some fog around at the top (like low cloud cover) and it will really add to the atmosphere and sense of scale of the beast... like it is looming out of the fog, just i think that would look hella cool. I can't wait for this to come out it is GREAT!

that wud be cool, like if u were jumping from one to the other and u fell through the fog and died

Tems
04-16-2002, 02:44 PM
well the plan is that if you fall out alltogether then you're going to die. you can be in and on top of, and maybe elsewhere, but a straight fall would kill you. we'll see.

-Tems

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 04:44 PM
u shud have a rebel base in the background facing the at ats (infront of their 'faces')
and like the ship that flies by on the nar shadaa streets map u cud have stray laser fire being fired at the at ats from the base, and if the players are on top it cud hit them, well rarely but it cud
u get me?
or am i talking crap again?:deathii: :deathstar

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 04:59 PM
and say the at ats were firing back
well they wudnt hit anything cos its tyher back ground
but they cud fire back
and to solve the problem about "how cud they fire, if there are 2 jedi walking around fighting, i dont think the driver wud b alive" u cud have the cockpit sealed off but u can see inside like a blue forcefield and u cud have sum guys sitting in chairs firing the guns or sumthing
im rambling again (u can tell by no punctuation)

Tems
04-16-2002, 05:03 PM
thats actually not a bad idea amdst your rambling. i was wondering what i could do about the cockpit, because i can easily have it, but its kinda a dead end death trap.

anyway, im about to start 'skinning' this thing and i thought i'd drop off the latest screenshot. i just finished the 'head'. a lot of the detail work will be in the textures so i can keep it pretty low poly.

any more ideas i'd love to hear.

here's the shot:

http://homepage.mac.com/alwaysbe/images/radiantatat.jpg

ill be back later w/ more progress.

-Tems

D.L.
04-16-2002, 05:07 PM
That AT-AT is perfect, bar the texturing that is needed. Don't change the height, other wise we won't be able to jump up on it.

If you intend to make is a SP map too, how about having some troopers talking inside the AT-AT, like the the actual game then you bust in on them :)

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 05:12 PM
if u did have ppl in the cockpit with a forcefield, they cud say sumthing every now and then to make it extra extra interesting, stuff like "die rebel scum" or sumthing as they fire the cannons, im pretty sure sum1 says that during sp

YoDa2k2
04-16-2002, 05:12 PM
"The last thing i feal like dealing with today is a jedi"

-Unlucky Stormtrooper

{xg}darthVADER
04-16-2002, 05:18 PM
youre good ,youre very good but i'm better look at this me and 2 other people worked on this one how do ya like this one???http://www.geocities.com/darthvader575/ATAT.jpg
you can get this on a site tell me if ya want the url =]

Tems
04-16-2002, 05:48 PM
i like mine better. :) 'course, if i liked yours better i probably would have made one like that in the first place.

yours looks like a model, no? mines just part of the level. it wont be too fitting to my idea to have them walking around. thx tho.

-Tems

{xg}darthVADER
04-16-2002, 05:57 PM
it a map object and its big enoef to walk inside of it
oh and by the way how are ya going to pull it of trying to make them walking around??and you do go inside of it so

D'akt Sangwar
04-16-2002, 06:00 PM
hey tems?
got any more juicy shots to post?

twoshadows
04-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Tems, Nice work so far - If you can keep this duel map with r_speeds below 10K, you'll have a winner.

Just keep doing what you see in your head and pay no attention what anyone says ( good or bad )......everyone's got an opinion, but not everyone has talent...remember that.

I'm pulling for you ( bastard, you stole my idea! lol )

Tems
04-16-2002, 06:56 PM
lol@twoshadows. sorry man.

ive got this feeling the ideas that are strongly rooted in SW will soon be taken up.

d'akt: maybe this evening. im experimenting with the textures now. ill try to have a very basic skinning by this evening

-Tems

CrevisX9
04-16-2002, 06:57 PM
okay tems i might be kinda harsh but you want to know what people think so heres what I think. the main body is too wide and not tall enough, the head needs a lot more work(are you looking at pics while you do this?)the cockpit view plate is totally wrong, the legs are too short, and the feet are too small. I recomend you look at some pics at starwars.com before you continue. I think you really have the potential to make a good at-at, but I think your just being lazy. There are many other people out there who have much better modeled at-ats, so your going to have to work harder before you get my vote.

Tems
04-16-2002, 07:23 PM
in no particular order...
1) i am looking at shots of starwars.com
2) the shots are taken in Radiant which had horrible perspective effects on the 3d view or else in quake where i have my FOV set way high, also creating god-awful fishbowling.
3) im not being lazy, im trying to make it look perfect. thats why i won't release it until its finished
4) the legs are fairly proportional according to the schematics
5) the viewport whatever is way different than the picture shows. im pretty much constantly working on this.
6) be less bitter. get some rest. tomorrow's a new day.
7) thanks for the support. more pics to come as it progresses.

-Tems

[JIT]Jedi
04-16-2002, 07:49 PM
i map, but im not good, im ok...im pretty sure u can make the ground like a conveyer belt and make it go in like a circle to give the effect it is moving....can u do that? also make a func_push on top of the thing, but not alot...that would be nice.

moore+
04-16-2002, 08:13 PM
How dare you call him lazy! Where is YOUR hard work, slacker?

I thought so,

leave him be, it looks uNFtastic.

Lime-Light
04-16-2002, 08:30 PM
VERY nice work, i just hope it plays as nice as it looks. I do agree that, from whats in the pics, the section of the body closest to the head is too wide enough, but dont go and narrow down the whole body.

I think you should have one stationary ATAT, and one downed, leaning on its head with its front legs colasped like when the get tripped in TESB on hoth.

oh, and here's a gret reference::atat:

Tems
04-16-2002, 10:01 PM
im planning on having a tripped/tipped one, but i need to finish the standing one first. it'll be a hell of a pain to vert edit the thing with all the weird angles brought out by tripping it. especially since all the grid snapping occurs in rotations.

p.s. anyone have a picture of a ATAT footprint? the only footprint ive ever seen is at Star Tours in disney world and i wont be in that neck of the woods until mid-may.

-Tems

Cunnah
04-17-2002, 11:16 AM
im not sure how radiant works, but if its like world craft the easiest way to bend the ATAT into shape would be to build a box around each part of the body so its pivot point is on the joint you want to bend (in worldcraft thats the centre), you do this with each part you want bent, then you then select all the parts that you are going to bend, so in this example it would be the body and the two front legs, then once the body is bent you deslect everything and deleat the box you used to bend it with. repeat with the legs so and head. remeber if one joint moves when another does you have to do it last, ill try and do diagrams if you don't understand.

PS your model looks great don't suppose you would create a prefab

ShodiKGian
04-17-2002, 11:27 AM
That's a really good start. I'm glad you're going for perfection on it, it should make a really good map I'm sure.
I've been looking into how deeply integrated the code for the AT-STs is, but if I can figure out a way to mod it or hack in some code to let players use an AT-AT I will :)

Let me know if that is of interest.

Tigris
04-17-2002, 12:21 PM
Tems: You know that you can disable "Snap to Grid" :D
It will be- erm- "a little" harder to build it then, but I think you can do it :p

Elsewise make the Grid real small, should do the job almost that good. (Man, I wished Radient had a "Hammer"-Function: A giant hammer which you could use to real-time transform your model with ;) )

If you need additinonal pics: theforce.net has some (even of the tripped AT-AT)...

Looks great so far, keep it up and you'll be making JK3 ;)

Tems
04-17-2002, 01:00 PM
1) yes i'll be releasing it additionaly as a prefab

2) worldcraft *shudder*
no there is no such thing in radiant.

*shudder* worldcraft

3) yeah ill end up turning off snap to grid when i move stuff around. here's hoping.

thx guys.

-Tems

Necro
04-17-2002, 01:19 PM
holy ****ing ****!

OOOOOWNS

D'akt Sangwar
04-17-2002, 01:56 PM
im getting all giddy waiting for this map :(:jedijawa:

Livingdeadjedi
04-17-2002, 02:33 PM
Hey Tems ol chum i got some atat textures if ya want them
then you can modify them to suit your needs:D
if so email me at phil.thejedi@ntlworld.com

and ill send ya them
i found them on that atat mentioned earlier thought they might come in useful

Tems
04-17-2002, 02:48 PM
actually, i was just coming in to post a very early shot of a texture job i just started.

http://homepage.mac.com/alwaysbe/jkii/paint.jpg

it's a pretty busy week for me so i wont have too much time to get this done. so far this is just some basic texturing to get the general idea across. as stated before, im going to perfection (tho unattainable). the textures are going to reflect the actual ATAT's as well as they can (considering i dont have one of these buggers in my front yard, let alone a front yard).

i'll see if i can get any more work done on this tomorrow.

also, in case youve noticed more problems, i'm not finished with the form of the body yet. im also changing the feet a bit as well. don't flame me because youre upset in the form. im not done yet :)

-Tems

Zolden
04-17-2002, 03:51 PM
That's HOT. :D

D'akt Sangwar
04-17-2002, 04:05 PM
lookin veeeeerrry good

Tigris
04-17-2002, 04:18 PM
Use the force (http://www.theforce.net/multimedia) Tems ;)

No seriously: Perhaps you can find some good references there... elsewise give me a ring and I'll scan some Tech-Manual pages and send them over to you...

Tems
04-17-2002, 04:43 PM
beauty. thanks. tech pages would be pretty cool too tho :)

if you have time time, cool. my email is papergnat@yahoo.com.

if not, i'll manage.

-Tems

Tigris
04-17-2002, 06:26 PM
I'll try and get them scanned tomorrow morning (in about 8-10 hours)- otherwise they'll be coming your way tomorrow afternoon!

EDIT: I just discovered this- maybe it'll help before I scan the pages: AT-AT @ Technical Commentaries (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/walkers.html#atat)

Tems
04-17-2002, 08:42 PM
k, update. made some major structural changes. here's a shot.

http://homepage.mac.com/alwaysbe/jkii/joatat.jpg

'the enemy of good is better'

-Tems

Infinity
04-17-2002, 10:14 PM
hey Terms, ever play Super Empire Strikes Back?

CheshireKat
04-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Looks very nice.

Turn Off snap to grid?... Cringe.. I always hose things up that way.

One quick question for you. Once in Radient, then upgraded to say Wolf Radient, or Jedi when it's released, you just turn it into a Wolf of Jedi file on the drop down menu and add entities and weapons right?

Skellington
04-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey, is there any chance you could try to exported a version as an md3, or whatever it is Outcast uses for its' models, or DFX, 3DS, anything? I've been looking for one to animate once/if we get the SDK.

Tems
04-17-2002, 10:52 PM
infinity: super esb? nope. was that an SNES game?

kat: yeah the map file is the same for any game. you just do exactly what you said.

skellington: no theres really no map to model conversion. not that i've seen. sorry :(

ill keep my eyes open for one tho.

-Tems

ShodiKGian
04-18-2002, 01:23 AM
I really like the structural changes, it makes it look alot more accurate.

D'akt Sangwar
04-18-2002, 06:34 AM
u know whats really freaky
i am in a big star wars frenzy right now
and i was just playing super star wars super esb and super rotj on my snes
wierd

D'akt Sangwar
04-18-2002, 09:06 AM
i just cant waiiiiit

Tems
04-18-2002, 12:35 PM
L2.0 just sent me some schematics. its honestly the first good picture ive seen of the front of an ATAT. they also include a bunch of internal stuff, so yeah. that will all be quite helpful.

those of you upset with the imperfections, have no fear.

-Tems

CheshireKat
04-18-2002, 01:07 PM
D'akt Sangwar: I have a Star Wars Arcade machine, converted to the ESB version, you know the on with the green screen. Powered it up a few weeks ago (BrrrrrrrrrRRRRMMMMMM!) after not playing it for years, and my son has bee playing the hell out of it since. I had to stop playing it for fear of going blind. What a great kid!

Tems: It truly looks great. What kind of stuff can we expect on the inside anyways? Is there going to be enough room to get a good fight on in there if it's close to scale? Just thought it'd be cool. One of the Super Nes games had some pretty cool walkways at the AT-AT bay where the AT-AT's where parked (i guess is the word) and you would run through the At_AT's . Kinda cool anyways.

Tems
04-18-2002, 01:32 PM
as far as going inside, it looks like there will be the 2 floors, so force jumping is out of the question, but there should be enough room to duel.

im thinking i need to expand the map a bit. im thinking maybe a fallen atat w/ some snowspeeders wrecked around it and ppl fight on the ground etc. sort of a hoth aftermath type thing.

otherwise theres not enough space in the ATAT to fight and its too high to force jump from ground level.

Ideas?

-Tems

Tigris
04-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Hey! Sorry- got filled up with work today, do you still need the Tech?

As for map Idea: Try to make one with the shuttle-pad from Endor. That way you don't need to jump up to it.
For the Hoth-Theme you could make a tripped AT-AT that lies near by, that should do it (you can jump on it and from there up to the standing AT-AT... Elsewise go for one of these steam-jump-pads from JO...

EDIT: At the bottom of the Technical Commentaries I've posted before are some shots of AT-AT's from the front. Hopefully they can help you!

Did I say "GREAT work"? If not: GREEEAAT Work ;)

FatboyTim
04-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Fantastic! The texture-work is looking great too!:)

acer
04-18-2002, 01:42 PM
What about a damaged AT-AT from the battle of Hoth? ist close to a snow mountain so you can jump to the AT-AT from the mountain or something like that and when you go inside the AT-AT there is blaster holes and the holes should be big enough so that you can se the outside environment. That would give the map an after war feeling and the damaged AT-AT should have quite a lot of blaster holes on its body.

D.L.
04-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Tems

The new restructuring is a lot better. The first pic you posted on page 2 was a bit iffy, but the new one looks great. Lighten the gray a bit (not too much) and it's nearly spot on.

Are you intending to make it MP only or will there be a SP version!?

Tems
04-18-2002, 02:07 PM
acer/tim/tigris: perhaps a tripped ATAT that has a snow dune blown on one side from the winds. you can force jump up on the tripped one but if your force is kaput you can run up the dune. similary, if i did endor i could have a large fallen tree or somethign so it would require smaller force jumps.

ill figure something out. id kinda like to do Hoth cuz then i can have some snow speeder wreckage in there.

DL: no plans for a single player map, however that may change. i actually havent played single player past the first level. im more of an MP guy.

additionally im planning on releasing this as a map prefab, so otehr people will be able to use it in their SP maps.

-Tems

[edit: ive been looking at the schematics of the front view. MAN them legs be skinny! thats gotta be sooome metal.]

acer
04-18-2002, 03:08 PM
if you make an sp version I have an idea, remember ESB when lukes speeder is destroyed and he uses a cable to get to an AT-AT and destroy it with a bomb? you could make that the sp level. The player has to destroy a few AT-ATs before they reach the rebel base. The player should be able to enter the AT-ATs and kill the crew or just place a bomb in the AT-AT like Luke did.
It would also be cool if you could put in some flying snow speeders so the player feels that he is actually at the battle of Hoth. It's very hard to make this, I know but would be very cool!

jesseg88
04-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Looks good, but I think the legs need to be closer together.

D'akt Sangwar
04-18-2002, 03:20 PM
how about this
u have a wrecked one with speeders like u sed
and the other is standing, but its been taken over by rebels, and borded, so it cud have one huuuuuuge lift going from the floor into the belly, it cud just bore into it
ok?
call me names if its crap

Tems
04-18-2002, 05:16 PM
the legs are fixed. the structure is nearly complete.

i wont be using that texture. it looks ok there, but thats because i did a gamma effect on the screenshot. i havent made a tatooine skybox yet so the lighting is suboptimal.

i think i know what ill do w/ the verticality issue. ill show shots when i make some progress.

thanks for the comments

-Tems

Tems
04-18-2002, 06:57 PM
now im not saying this is perfect. far from it. however, i'll be the first to admit (cuz coming from you it wouldnt be an admission) that they all were quite lacking before this. if the head looks a little big its just the perspective in game.

http://homepage.mac.com/alwaysbe/jkii/08.jpg

feedback please. i know its just one picture, but if theres somehting glaringly wrong, most of you are prolly enough of a fan that you'll see whats wrong.

-Tems

acer
04-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Could you put in a skin or model in your pictures so we can se how big the AT-AT is compared to the skin?
Otherwise it looks very good, exellent work man!:atat:

Lime-Light
04-18-2002, 07:54 PM
absolutley amazingly awsome.

The Truthful Liar
04-18-2002, 08:25 PM
The AT-AT needs a red light/texture - like this one: :atat:

Cheers ;)

Tems
04-18-2002, 10:14 PM
leagion: yeah texturing is the next step. its on the todo list.

acer: yeah i can prolly do that. ill try to have it in my next screenshot.

-Tems

L2.0
04-19-2002, 12:40 AM
Yes! Now that there is one pretty AT-AT Tems, oh yes very pretty indeed. :)

D'akt Sangwar
04-19-2002, 01:04 PM
the picture isnt working for me :(

Tems
04-19-2002, 03:54 PM
fixed the shot.

the player model stands just short of the first level on the foot.

-Tems

Livingdeadjedi
04-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Looking sweet Tems :D

Hey for the inside if ya want i could email you a picture of part of the inside of the AT-AT

if you want them email me at phil.thejedi@ntlworld.com

They show some of the layout and the bridge

i could also send you a prefab of how to make the AT-AT fire :D

BebiRiki
04-19-2002, 05:32 PM
WOW thisjust looks great.

Question:confused: will the area inside of :atat: be large enough for a good duel in.

But anyway keep up the great work

Tems
04-19-2002, 06:24 PM
livingdeadjedi: i cant get an email through to you. id love that pic tho. papergnat@yahoo.com

bebiriki: im working on it. so far year it is possible. the ATATs have 2 floors in em tho so i may have to improvise.

-Tems

Zolden
04-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Where's the character model? You said there was one in that pic just above the first floor of the foot - I just spent 10 minutes thoroughly looking through that pic and I see no char model. Could you circle it with paint or something for those of us that can't obviously see that well? lol.

ergh - oops! I feel stupido now...

Tems
04-19-2002, 06:51 PM
sorry its not in that picture. i havent posted a picture of it yet. i was simply explaining how tall he was in comparison until i get that picture taken.

-Tems

StitcheS
04-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Hey Tems,

Beautiful job! I wouldn't be able to do it better then you have!

Well, just to give you an idea I was thinking about. Maybe do an it where the ATAT is on Tatooine and has fallen down into a conyon like area. You could put cliffs around it, So the player doesn't hit invisible walls, and make the inside accessed by either a whole somewhere, or the main door. Then just make the ground wavy like sand dunes around it.

You could also make special textures for this map. That have dust and sand makrs all over it. So it really looks like a warn down ATAT in the desert. I have the perfect Idea in my head. If you want me to draw it out for you, or something to that affect, I would be pleased!

My E-Mail is: jamesafrench@shaw.ca

Great job man, you rock!

Tems
04-19-2002, 08:06 PM
i'd love to see what you have in mind, tho i may stick with hoth. i'll email you tonight.

-Tems

BunnyTea
04-19-2002, 08:51 PM
as a way to get up: maybe a shot-down snowspeeder with its cable somehow attached to the AT-AT? so the speeder is on the ground and there's a cable + debris leading up to the AT-AT? I dunno hehe...

dreamstation
04-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Man that just looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

Kulador
04-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Looks very nice, some questions though...

Do you plan on letting people walk on the floor? If not then I suggest you be careful with the broken AT-AT so that people can't jump from it onto the floor of the map..

A downside of this map is the fact that it's gonna be a sucker for force push/grip..

I could be wrong though..

TheJackal
04-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Tems:

you should place a human figure next to it. From any game, it doesn't matter. Mostly to get the scale idea. Also, as previously mentioned, can you please make a destoryed AT-AT like this one:

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Vehicles/AT-AT/falldown.jpg

Here is some respectfull crisitism to help you hopefully:

everything looks very good. But I personnaly thing the head/face needs to be balanced a bit.

here's some screens from Rogue Leader (from the GameCube)

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/rogueleader/images/levels/kothlis/5.jpg
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/rogueleader/images/levels/kothlis/4.jpg
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/rogueleader/images/levels/hoth/4.jpg

hope this helps

Tems
04-19-2002, 11:38 PM
I will be putting a tripped ATAT in the map. Also i have not decided on layout yet. im starting to feel strongly toward having the ground be part of the map. im afraid if it isnt then there just will not be enough play area. I'll be balancing out the head in my next revision. Thanks for the suggestions.

-Tems

StitcheS
04-20-2002, 01:37 AM
I seriously can't wait! C'mon Raven, let's get that SDK out ASAP!

:atat: (I just had to put this icon in there... :thumbsup:

Irate Customer
04-20-2002, 05:17 AM
Wow, gorgeous work Tems. Very nice, you need to look at this as a living as well as a hobby. Might as well get paid for your "playing".

D'akt Sangwar
04-20-2002, 07:54 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp i cant wait, im getting giddy again

{xg}darthVADER
04-20-2002, 08:01 AM
you know i have a pretty good snowspeeder prefab do you want it????? if you do mail me at darthVADER@xg-clan.com

D'akt Sangwar
04-20-2002, 02:39 PM
cud u make models of dead ppl?
and have them partially buried by snow
that wud add a sense of realism to it being a warzone

Kulador
04-20-2002, 03:54 PM
If you're gonna add the ground then it'd be a pretty big map.

This isn't necassarily a bad thing though, it would also make a kickass FFA/TFFA map

Tigris
04-20-2002, 05:17 PM
If you really can't decide do both- one as a duel (just abord and perhaps on the ATAT) and the other one as ffa/TDM(/CTF??) involving the tipped over one and some things...

Just had this idea about CTF: You could make it CTF by placing one Flag atop or in the ATAT and the other one in Echo Base... :)

Luke actually was trying to get the flag in ESB :D

TheJackal
04-20-2002, 05:29 PM
the in The Valley of the Jedi forum. someone suggested something like: Capture the AT-AT.

but i dont know how that would work.

Tigris
04-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Think you would need the SDK for that Game-Type ;)
But I would definately give it a try :D

Snake44
04-21-2002, 03:29 AM
bump

quamosity
04-21-2002, 04:10 AM
Capture the At-At seems like it would be a king of the hill style of gameplay...

{xg}darthVADER
04-21-2002, 05:15 AM
like a player you have 2 bases red and blue each base has an at-at in it you need to get into the at-at and then drive it back to your own base (all the weapons of the at-at wil then also function =]) that would be realy cool =]]]]]]]

Kulador
04-21-2002, 06:55 AM
If you've played single player then you know you can control turrets and such , would be cool to control the turrets on the AT-AT's :)

Eddie4000
04-21-2002, 10:16 AM
that is sw33t with a capital 3
If your making the map for Quake 3 theres a program that can transfer it to JK2 already out so you could get it done pre-SDK release... please I can't wait to play that map

Tems
04-21-2002, 04:52 PM
the converter doesnt do patch meshes so it wont help this map. sorry.

ill respond to the other posts shortly.

-Tems

Tems
04-21-2002, 05:32 PM
im not sure that i like this idea. i think ive decided what im doing for the map. i hate CTF maps (tho i love playing em) so i probably wont make one. i dont like symmetrical base type maps, and if its not symmetrcal, if gives one team an unfair advantage.

additionaly, im not too keen on inventing a new game mode just for the map.

I may in fact use that snowspeeder model (if its got a good skin or i have the option of skinning it to suit the map). Dead bodies would not be practical as they would be removed or buried by snow drifts. this is not right after the battle of hoth.

i might have the turrets available to be used, but it depends on what i can do for range of motion etc. its likely the map will be set up that the fire would only be aimed at a singular target, singe the whole head turns to aim and the ATATs are abandoned and likey in poor condition. you cant turn the head of a fallen ATAT.

Thank you for all the suggestions. gameplay times are going to be FFA and TFFA. I may not include a duel map, and if i do make a duel map, there will only be one ATAT in it, likely tripped.

-Tems

{xg}darthVADER
04-21-2002, 05:54 PM
the snow speder is no model its a prefab a pile of brushes
do you still want it?

Tems
04-21-2002, 09:31 PM
send me a screen and ill let you know. im thinking of modelling one to match scale.

-Tems

Snake44
04-22-2002, 01:19 AM
BUMP

toolboi
04-22-2002, 02:27 AM
the in The Valley of the Jedi forum. someone suggested something like: Capture the AT-AT.

Wasnt that capture the ATST? The latter would be MUCH easier to do :D

Tems
04-22-2002, 02:59 AM
yes MUCH easier. :)

can you imagine sneaking the ATAT across the map to your base? try and hide that one!

-Tems

sights0d
04-22-2002, 03:47 AM
I'll swear that I saw some ice and snow textures somewhere in the assets pk3s. I just spent about 5 minutes going through them, but couldn't find them. I thought that they possibly pointed to a Hoth level that didn't make it to the final production. Anyone else seen them?

D'akt Sangwar
04-22-2002, 04:53 AM
yeah ive seen them, and a few other ppl in the forums noticed them 2, so we arent going crazy, they are in there.....somewhere

Tigris
04-22-2002, 05:02 AM
BTW: Tems- you know of the Unloading procedure for the ATAT's? Could give you an alternative on the tripped ATAT: They kneel down.

And hey: I could easiely hide an ATAT! Just park it behind a landed Corvette :p

D'akt Sangwar
04-23-2002, 04:56 PM
woah this was on page 4, im not letting it slip away!!

XaiverMerlyn
04-24-2002, 12:58 AM
Tems, you could make the ground area smaller by making the ATAT's in a valley with steep walls, or in a hangar like the SP game does with the ATST's.

CheshireKat
04-24-2002, 01:04 AM
Tem's, how's JKRadient going. Hopefully well.

I just stopped by since I know you're around here alot. I decided to take a break from my model and mess with radient, perhaps a player mode/map release see?

Everything is fine except the few differeces from GTK get me a bit boggled at times.

So anyways on to my question.

Have you figured out how to get the models working yet?

Ships and what not?

If so please tell me how.

Happy Mapping!

Tems
04-24-2002, 01:13 AM
models are certainly the least of my problems. im still having the strangest lighting issue with my compiles, but hopefully ill have it worked out soon.

ive been talking to 'luke vs vader' (i think thats his name here) who threw together a snowspeeder model. though asthetically pleasing it had a few technical issues and redundant polys. im in the process of optimizing and skinning the model for him. once this is done i'll add it to the map.

update: i have indeed made up my mind for how the map is going to be. im not going to describe it just yet, but i will tell you it will certainly be a duel map. I set out to make Tatooine as a duel map due to the lack of duel maps in the game. going from quake 3 to JK2 tho i discovered the scaling issue was more of an issue than i thought. instead of starting new with tatooine i will be making this small enough to be a duel map, as well as to not step on the toes of people looking to do hoth maps. i won't have the base included.

snow textures: as always, i'll just make some of my own. it needs custom textures anyway for the ATAT and the footprints in the snow.

I will be modelling the rest of the map soon. the ATAT is not fully textured yet, so i wont be posting another shot of that just yet. However once i start to get some of the environment done, i'll post a shot.

thank you all for your suggestions. as is my character, i'll end up doing the idea i had in the first place. i have this theory that people only ask for advice as a means to fortify their original position. i did get many new ideas for small details to add from your suggestions, tho, so thanks.

Expect an update in.... one week.

-Tems

p.s. I just moved to a temporary location for 2 weeks where i have only dail up. then in mid may i will be moving again somewhat more permanently, so if im slow to show signs of life for a chunk of may, that's why.

Tems
04-24-2002, 01:16 AM
Tigris: for some reason your avatar makes me think of lex luthor every time.

-Tems

Cmdr. Antilles
04-24-2002, 01:52 AM
But I already made one... :(

http://home.attbi.com/~davidcrivera/images/jk2atat.jpg

(all handmade textures)

Kx_Dra_Sycdan
04-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Why are it's legs so thin?

It's good but not all that accurate...

Also it's not cool to showcase your work in someone else's thread.

Anyway Tems your MAP looks real nice and all that, not completly exact but it damn close.

Tigris
04-24-2002, 01:41 PM
<--- Lex Luthor??? Why that? ;)

But I know what you are talking about with the scaling-problem... I hate it right now. Decided to do my map in q3 and then portate it to JK2. Before I do so I'll check on the exact measures of the model... So I'll be updating my things slowly too.

Besides I think I'm gonna wait for GTK-Radiant before really getting started in JK2... JK2Radiant only gave me the creeps so far.

It's the small differences that get me mad...

L2.0
04-24-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Kx_Dra_Sycdan
Why are it's legs so thin?

It's good but not all that accurate...

Also it's not cool to showcase your work in someone else's thread.

Anyway Tems your MAP looks real nice and all that, not completly exact but it damn close.

I must concur with Kx on all his points.

And geez, there's a reason they have a New Thread button at the top of the page...

Tems
04-24-2002, 01:42 PM
*explodes*

the legs are that thin because thats how they really are. there were much thicker to begin with. look at some schematics. i assure you its accurate. i thought they should be thicker too until i saw the schems.

thanks for the input tho :)

-Tems

Tems
04-24-2002, 01:47 PM
wait now im confused. showcase other peoples work? did i do that?

new thread? l2.0 youre confusing me now. and which points or was that sarcastic.

-Tems

Tigris
04-24-2002, 01:50 PM
They're talking about the Antilles guy who posted the pic of his cheap ATAT in your topic- talking like his ATAT could be compared to yours ;)

Tems
04-24-2002, 01:51 PM
antilles: missed your thread. that fixes my confusion.

i kinda like mine better. sorry. if i didnt tho i would have made yours, if you know what i mean. 'sides, i stil want to make an ATAT map (which i am) and id rather not use someone elses brushes to do it. thus, ill keep working.

-Tems

L2.0
04-24-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Tems
wait now im confused. showcase other peoples work? did i do that?

new thread? l2.0 youre confusing me now. and which points or was that sarcastic.

LOL! Sorry about that brother. I was speaking of the guy who was using your thread to promote his level. But it's nice to see you're back with me now. :D

Cmdr. Antilles
04-24-2002, 08:13 PM
Okay... someone took my post way out of proportion. I WASN'T promoting my level. I was just showing that I had one planned too. It's not even a full level yet. I was just sharing my work. I wasn't trying to compare it to Tems' either.

So don't get upset at me.

And I designed it from schematics, so it is really close to scale, and porportionate.

Tems, from what I've seen, you do really good work. I'm not trying to stop you, and I wasn't offering my ATAT for you to use. I was just showing my work.

I don't think it was innapropriate to post mine, because I wasn't trying to compete.

And if you guys don't like the way mine looks, fine.

Tems
04-24-2002, 09:59 PM
antilles: sorry for the misunderstanding. i agree that it wasnt your intent to showcase your work. i do enjoy the textures you've done. I gave up on the complexity of textures i had planned in favour of using more brushes. You managed to do this quite well tho. I'm interested in what else youve done. I'll keep my eyes peels for more screenshots of your work.

again i apologize for the hassle.

-Tems

L2.0
04-24-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Cmdr. Antilles
Okay... someone took my post way out of proportion. I WASN'T promoting my level. I was just showing that I had one planned too. It's not even a full level yet. I was just sharing my work. I wasn't trying to compare it to Tems' either.

So don't get upset at me.

And I designed it from schematics, so it is really close to scale, and porportionate.

Tems, from what I've seen, you do really good work. I'm not trying to stop you, and I wasn't offering my ATAT for you to use. I was just showing my work.

I don't think it was innapropriate to post mine, because I wasn't trying to compete.

And if you guys don't like the way mine looks, fine.

No, you took it the wrong way brother. I didn't feel like going back another page and finding your name, so you became in essence "the other guy posting images of his map to Tems thread" - And nothing else. And I never said I didn't like the map, simply that I agreed with Kx on the skinny part. And you may have built it to spec from a schematic, but if you did your schematics are either wrong, or unofficial. I have tons of official schematics here, and have even sent them to Tems for him to construct his AT-AT, and all I was really trying to say was a legs were to thin width-wise...

But I digress...

Cmdr. Antilles
04-24-2002, 10:15 PM
No problem. I'm just glad you're not mad at me.

Actually, do you play Elite force? There was a Star Wars map made for it that uses my ATAT (I released it as a prefab to the EF community) It's called 'Platform Battle,' and you can get it off of www.effiles.com

All my textures were made in Photoshop.
I'm not really an artist, but it wasn't too hard.

What did you use for reference? I used the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. I actually took measurements of the schematics to try to get everything to scale. I think I need to make my legs a little bit wider, though. (about 8 grid Units wider would be good, I think)

Actually, seeing the brush work you put into your ATAT, I'll probably update mine with a bit more detail. (mostly in the legs)

Maybe you can explain what kind of map you were planning on making out of it... That way I can avoid making one JUST like it.

BTW, your tatooine map looks beautiful. ;)

StitcheS
04-24-2002, 11:17 PM
I don't like to bump... But for Tems, I guess I can!

Bump-Bump-Bump-A-Roo!

Tems
04-25-2002, 12:26 AM
thanks stitches. and thanks for keeping my 2 posts close to eachother on the list so i can check em both when i only have a little time :)

antilles: i use photos from ESB. L2.0 sent me some pics after i had made it and i used those to fix proportions.

the map is a small duel map. I don't want to give too much info for it, but i will tell you its called "Return to Hoth" and includes some wreckage and a lot of force jumping. not too much tho.

Tomorrow i'm going to go about making all my snow textures for the map. I also need to finish optimizing luke vs vader's snowspeeder so i can get that skinned.

progress progress progress.

-Tems

Cmdr. Antilles
04-25-2002, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I figured you didn't want to give too much away. I was also planning on a small duel map... Mostly because I'm too lazy to build a larger one. ;)

Either way, I've got an idea that involves a lot of func_somethings I want to try out... Besides the theme, I don't think our maps will be too similar.
That's if I even release mine. I have a bad habit of scrapping maps. :D

Either way, I look foward to seeing what your :atat: looks like.

L2.0
04-25-2002, 01:22 AM
No problem. I'm just glad you're not mad at me.

What did you use for reference? I used the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels.

I used the Star Wars Technical Journals. Hundreds of pages with schematics on everything: AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Star Destroyer, Victory class destoryers, Excellsior class, Turrents, Sabers, you name it. :)

Tems
04-25-2002, 01:30 AM
L2.0 is one of my key SW info human databanks. Too bad i didnt get into EF that much. i could have been someone's databank. maybe for EF2, no?

-Tems

Cmdr. Antilles
04-25-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by L2.0

I used the Star Wars Technical Journals. Hundreds of pages with schematics on everything: AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Star Destroyer, Victory class destoryers, Excellsior class, Turrents, Sabers, you name it. :)

Where could I get those? :D

Tems
04-25-2002, 02:15 AM
Bookstores. Barnes and Noble, Borders, Schulers (i think thats local to my neck of the michigan), Tower even maybe. the B&N website would be a good place to start.

ooh hey im a tusken raider.

-Tems

Cmdr. Antilles
04-25-2002, 02:16 AM
So what EXACTLY is the title?

D'akt Sangwar
04-25-2002, 04:55 AM
looking very nice, sounds even better than ever

Darth Caedes
04-25-2002, 06:00 AM
Brilliant! BRILLIANT! I love AT-ATs. And jesus, those pictures of from RS2 made me whimper.. But, if I can give a few /suggestions/...

1) Please, please, please don't use snow. Snow is like... too sterotypical (Note: I love the way they used /water/ in RS2.. How original :D)

2) How about making a base nearby.. an Imperial base or something? Give the feeling of storyline around it... Instead of making a crashed ATAT (Or you could make it a kneeling ATAT, being fueled or something. Gives a chance for an SP level)

3) You rock. I love AT-ATs. :> now, if only I could get pictures for my Star Wars MUSH RPG character for it.. (Imperial Commander, AT-AT commander) :D

-Darth Caedes-

UniKorn
04-25-2002, 06:02 AM
Hehe, I was wondering when you two were going to bump into each other. Tems, Antilles is an experienced EF Mapper, who created the model for EF. I don't think he ever wanted to pimp his stuff in your thread ;)

Darth Caedes
04-25-2002, 06:13 AM
P.S: Grass is always good! :> Or.. steel? Inside a base, etc., etc. Or maybe even really, really muddy water, with a few trees, and a base on platforms? :> Oh.. The humanity.

-Darth Caedes-

Vesentac
04-25-2002, 06:16 AM
Well if you want,

you could make a duel map based on the landing pad in Imperial base on endor.

Just have the AT-ATs around the pad.

If you wanted to carry it beyond a duel map, you would make it so you could mess around under the pad.

Tigris
04-25-2002, 10:54 AM
I really can't wait to see new pics :D

Oh, yeah- btw: BUMP

Tems
04-25-2002, 11:59 AM
vesentec i was thinking about that (just watched ROTJ)

ok so snow is trite.

im not going to have a base. someone else is working on a Hoth map w/ the bae. a couple perople even.

ill think about grass. im a fan of winter tho, so i don't know.

uni: i see. yeah i dont think it was his intent either.

antilles: again i apologize.

-Tems

L2.0
04-25-2002, 12:12 PM
So what EXACTLY is the title?

The one I'm using right now (with the AT-AT schematics) is called: Star Wars Technical Journal. It was the first one. I believe there are 3-5 more now as well.

D'akt Sangwar
04-25-2002, 12:55 PM
sounds interesting

OT: anyone remember that big star wars encyclopaedia?
had all races and stuff in it
anyone know if its still around?

Cmdr. Antilles
04-25-2002, 03:11 PM
L2, thanks for the info.

Tems, no need to apologize. :)

I didn't want to give this away, but I was *thinking* of trying to make the ATAT appear to be walking, and if you fell off it, you died... Just an idea.

Oh, and that Platform Battle map for EF I mentioned is just what you wanted, Vesentac.

Thanks, Uni. I just wish I could find that punk that stole my name here. :D

Tigris
04-25-2002, 04:09 PM
D'akt: You don't mean "Behind the Magic" do you?

sinistervw
04-26-2002, 06:24 AM
*walking in a dark snowy feild*.......:atat: *BUMP* "who put that Big Azz AT-AT there?" Good Job So far tems...i have been following this since you started...just havnt posted, but i saw it was on a far back page so i decided to....BUMP!!!!!!!!

Severian
04-26-2002, 09:21 AM
What can I say Tems? MOST impressive ;)

One idea, for those modders out there, is that perhaps a mod could be made called "Battle for Hoth"?

If you were to use this in a SP mod, you might not even have to worry about animating it, as you could use the "shaking screen effect" thats used in the Kejim Base level (when you destroy the generator) and add some modified ATST sound effects? then you'd only need your (rather stunning) ATAT standing there looking pretty after the journey?

I dunno, I'm effectively just opening my mouth and letting my stomach rumble (or at least the text version :p )

Cunnah
04-26-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey Tems not plugin my lvl but if you want to see the AT ATs baby brother then i got some screans of my AT PT :)

Kamikaze_Elite
04-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Great map Tems! As an original JK mapper, I have a few suggestions (concerning aesthetics and playability):

1. You should add a landing platform as seen on RoTJ. This would give players a place to duel and add more usable area to the map. Also on RoTJ, the platform looked like it had 2 levels with an elevator.

2. I couldn't tell by the pictures how big the ATAT is, but you should make it huge. It should include a good sized cockpit (good for heath and/or weapon pickups) and a large troop staging area (maybe big enough for a duel?).

3. I wouldn't try to focus the level around the ATAT completely. That would make the level have low replayability (this is where the landing platform will help).

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

Cmdr. Antilles
04-26-2002, 05:20 PM
NOTICE, I AM NOT PIMPING MY LEVEL.

I think Tem's is pretty big too, but I don't know. I can say mine is really big. And, I've started hollowing it out. So far, you can walk through the neck into the cockpit, which is pretty big too. (a lot bigger than I thought it was). And, there's a big troop area too.

As for the platform, like I said, maybe LivingDeadJedi will convert his excellent EF map 'Platform Battle' :)

Cray
04-26-2002, 05:27 PM
NOTICE, I AM NOT PIMPING MY LEVEL.

Laugh. Four out of your six lines are about your AT-AT.

At least you're not pimping... :)

eziz
04-26-2002, 05:50 PM
Is that going to have the two troop compartments, the speeder garage in the back and the cockpit? By the way, anyone have any decent shots of an AT-AT's interior? I have only one.

Cmdr. Antilles
04-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Heheh.. I was talking about my map, but I wasn't trying to promote it...
Guess it didn't come off that way. Sorry.

Could you pass that pic on to me, Eziz?

secretagent@attbi.com

eziz
04-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Well, it's not much of a shot, it's a drawing from a technical manual or something, it shows the cockpit, and a little of the interior, which is practically two floors on top of each other with seats for the troopers, a small room in the back where there are speeders, on the lower floor there is the door from which the stormies repel down. I'll try to get a scanner up and running so I can pass it on. :atat:

Cmdr. Antilles
04-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks. I'd really like to see it. :)

Pvt:Hudson
04-26-2002, 09:54 PM
Spot on work there Tems, be proud of yourself ;)

I normally map for RTCW using Gtk but I couldn't resist the allure of JK2's Radient (which is great apart from the damn camera).
I'm working on a Endor Landing Pad duel map, I've had it planned for months so I hope people don't think I'm stealing ideas, that would be cheap.
Anyhow keep up the great work m8 and I can't wait to see the finished product.

BebiRiki
04-28-2002, 01:46 PM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lsduel: :holosid: :duel:

D'akt Sangwar
04-28-2002, 05:58 PM
hmm seemed a bit low down

Tems
04-29-2002, 12:39 PM
if you read my tatooine thread you know this already. if not, hi.

finishing touches are being made on the map. it will be released by wired lamp studios in a pack. until then, im afraid i can't give you any more screens.

sit tight. it'll be out soon.

-Tems

Cmdr. Antilles
04-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Pvt:Hudson, are you making your own ATAT too?

Because that's kinda funny that we're gonna have 3 different takes on the same machine. I can't wait to see them all. :)

BTW, does anyone have that interior ATAT shot? I'd really like to see it.

L2.0
04-30-2002, 02:54 AM
My scanner is screwed, but holler at Tems. He should have an interior blueprint or 2 still. ;)

sunrider4240
04-30-2002, 10:50 PM
looks really good~

:duel: :slsaber: "lsduel: :lightning:

sunrider4240
04-30-2002, 10:52 PM
whoops...messed that one up lets try again

:duel: :slsaber: :lsduel: :lightning

OCF
05-01-2002, 03:28 PM
Are these ATATs operational - ie not bots or humans but NPCs? How did you get NPCs working in multiplayer mode?

I've been trying to build a map using the existing ATSTS - esp the driveable one and I can't get it to work at all except in SP mode...

I'd love to try making a map with AT AT models too though...

__CKY__
05-01-2002, 11:08 PM
cant wait to play in it it looks really nice and realistic lol and you made the at-at look really cool :Isduel

__CKY__
05-01-2002, 11:09 PM
oops forgot the to put on : lmao :lsduel: :jango: :fett: oh yea any release dates?

datavsyoda
05-02-2002, 12:07 AM
im guessing that they arn't actually models of atat's but level geomitry in the shape of atat's meaning that they are either static or will have restricted movement such as lifts and doors a model would be cool but it probably wouldn't show up in multiplayer and you probably couldn't go inside of it like there planning on doing another thing they could do is animate the background to make it look like they are moving but in reality they are just sitting still

but however you are doing it it looks really cool best of luck

__CKY__
05-02-2002, 11:11 PM
oh :lsduel:

Ravenous180
05-05-2002, 10:37 PM
Awsome job so far... just one question, how did you get that sky to emit light in your screenshots cause im in the middle of a bespin rooftops level and i cant get any sort of light from my skys... even the ambient light from a worldspawn entity wont work (maybe im not doing it right or something)

Ive opened my own thread and even posted a few questions in other peoples threads but so far i havent got an answer yet.

Ohh and once again the ATAT looks really good... might even put it in one of my levels when its released as a prefab:)

Im assuming your using JKRadient so if you are will you help me with my problems.

hmm_cantdecide
05-06-2002, 01:09 AM
must.....have.....map.....or.....will.......explo *BOOOM*

:D
EXiT

:amidala:

FreeCrwCPJ
05-06-2002, 07:12 AM
great work so far. just hopin you could give your fans an update soon, for we are getting restless. thx.

pud1
05-09-2002, 11:57 PM
hrmmm just wonderin when this map is gonna be released or how its progress is going :(
:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

GB_StormTrooper
05-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Cmon man, we need an update. When is this thing comming out?

__CKY__
05-12-2002, 01:19 AM
:lsduel: where is Tems lol i havnt seen him post since 3 pages ago lol

Dark_One
05-12-2002, 01:38 AM
He said that the map would be released with the wired lamp studios pack. A few posts up on this page. Let's download that mappack :)

Dark_One
05-12-2002, 01:43 AM
Sorry for that misleading last post. Normally the map would be in the pack but when i went to the files section it said it wouldn't be included. Why not???

__CKY__
05-12-2002, 03:49 AM
Ok this is what i just heard Unikorn from the Wired Lamplight Studios Tems never responded to the weekly updates that he needed to see how it was doing and i read on another post in the mapping section that his computer is having probs working i dont know if thats the truth but thatsd what the person said

ErionD
05-12-2002, 08:03 AM
He said this when we chatted:
ive got to be going. im moving tomorrow so ill be offline for a few days

Dark_One
05-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Ahh that's why it wasn't in the pack and why he hasn't released it. thx you guys.

__CKY__
05-12-2002, 04:21 PM
oh ok my bad i heard something else oh well either way he wasnt on to finish :p lol did he tell you when he was goin to get on again

hmm_cantdecide
05-12-2002, 04:25 PM
There was a news post on wiredlampstudios.com

Within 2 or 3 days we will be releasing an updated version of duel_wls4 (where you don't hurt yourself when touching the ground, and without the possibility to go behind walls). At the same time we will be releasing tems duel_wls10. We will be releasing the full pack with the new version of duel_wls4 and duel_wls10, and a sperate "update" pack for those who already downloaded it.

So I guess we see his map soon! :D

EXiT

gavan
05-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Hey Tems Thats the best AT-AT I seen, I love it. I know your done your map. Did you use Endor? if not, please make a Endor map with an AT-AT and Landing Platform base. Think about it the Landing Platform would be a cool dueling area and would help jump up to the At-At, and maybe a little Imperil control station on landing platform. Also an elevator in support columns in landing platform for you can get to the top of it.

Good work, keep it up :D

__CKY__
05-12-2002, 11:21 PM
yay i cant wait for them to release it its goin to be so cool lol

FreeCrwCPJ
05-14-2002, 02:03 AM
so is there any word yet of whether its been released or not, or when it will? i guess its the fans who are doing the updating now. funny.

:anakin: :lsduel: :dsaber: :duel: :mob:

__CKY__
05-14-2002, 03:39 AM
i guess so people might actually know him and be getting these updates from him or do you know all these people and know they dont know him because if you dont dont go running your mouth off acting like a fag :evil2: :rofl: