PDA

View Full Version : Gay, lame, lamer

crystals
04-16-2002, 03:26 PM
Is it only 12 year olds that use these words?? Everytime I read those words I get flashbacks of 6th grade when all the kids would say that. Get a new word for cryin out loud...I know your vocabulary isn't that small whether your twelve or not.

DarthCobra
04-16-2002, 03:29 PM
***** ***** *****.... wine wine wine.. I spose u think this is better than the ppl sayin lame gay lamer... Your no better wining here.. get over yourself.

SpaceMonkey1315
04-16-2002, 06:15 PM
yeah, what are you planning on doing, breaking out a f-in thesaurus and looking up what you can call people as they kill you again because your busy typing in a 15 letter long word that no one could understand in the first place just because it makes you look better than them?

Taicat
04-16-2002, 06:31 PM
A 'Scrub' by any other name....

Yeah, it's old (70's), but I'm no 12yr old.....far from it! :)

El_Gato
04-16-2002, 06:33 PM
And what do I see here, but three people whining about whining? You're all as bad each other. Whine, whine whine! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...er...oh...damn.

I'll get my coat... <El_Gato leaves quietly, head bowed>

;)

Taicat
04-16-2002, 06:49 PM
ROTF, too funny, Gato!

2 paws up, one 'cat' to another.....;)

[del] Twitch
04-16-2002, 07:30 PM
The funny thing is, ANY COMPLAINT CAN BE SEEN AS WHINING!!

I mean, duh!

As for "15" letter words, there's plenty of words to use instead of "lame" and "gay." I personally like "ne plus ultra of tedium" myself, whenever someone's doing the same old, same old.

If you're so afraid of getting shot while typing that, just think "Bad," "Schmuck," "Idiot," "Cheap," "Dumb," "Flat," etc.

Jeez.

- Twitch

crystals
04-17-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by DarthCobra
***** ***** *****.... wine wine wine.. I spose u think this is better than the ppl sayin lame gay lamer... Your no better wining here.. get over yourself.

LMAO...I love it even more when people try to flame me and mispell all the words....it's "whine" genius.

IBFunn
04-17-2002, 05:45 AM
I think it's funny when people keep calling me a fag or something of that sort, cause that usually means that I'm kicking their ass and they're getting upset. My Advice, do whatever you were doing to make them say that till they start to cry and leave the game. Then you can have a good laugh with your friends after about how you made that guy leave.

crystals
04-17-2002, 06:16 AM
Agreed:D

ACGe0rge
04-17-2002, 06:43 AM
I agree as well. Earlier tonight I had a guy who was addicted to using the rocket launcer on people. So after I pushed a few back at him, launced a few of my own, then finally grip/pushed him off a ledge, he called me gay. He was just mad that I beat him at his own game. Personally, I'm the type of guy who will usually complement someone who has beat me no matter what tactic they use. Most people I have played with have the same attitude. It is a game after all and I dont understand people getting so upset about it. I've kicked a lot of butt in MP and had my butt kicked a lot in MP. Either way I have a good time and never feel the need to insult anyone without a "lol" or :) to let them know I'm joking.

Dago
04-17-2002, 06:55 AM
If you think its funny when someone gets pissed and talks $hit and you keep doing whatever your doing to pisses them off more, your no better then them... I know some people talk sh!t even if your not doing anything wrong, and those people need to STFU. But if your one of those people that do somthing cheap and think its funny when they b!tch at you, you need a damn life.

IBFunn
04-17-2002, 07:08 AM
There's easy ways to counter every move, if you look hard enough. I don't really consider anything really that cheap since there's always a counter or you could just as easily do it back to whoever was doing it to you. Everyone has equal opportunities in the game so I just find it amusing when people think what I'm doing is gay somehow because it's "cheap". I'm not going to change my style just because people start throwing up negative comments. I'm pretty sure half the time people say that is because they are frustrated because they are losing. Get some skills and quit b!tchin is all I have to say to people like that. You gotta do whatever you can to win. Whoever doesn't care about winning probably has no chance of winning anyways.

Ricko
04-17-2002, 02:37 PM
http://daoc.wawaron.net/mourn/cheese.gif

;)

SpaceMonkey1315
04-17-2002, 02:54 PM
If you're so afraid of getting shot while typing that, just think "Bad," "Schmuck," "Idiot," "Cheap," "Dumb," "Flat," etc.

so, your planning on calling a person a schmuck, dumb, flat, or bad, you think that people will take as much offence as something used universally?...when you call someone a lamer, everybody in the server knows what that person is doing...when you call them, flat, they'll think your an idiot, if you say the word "bad" then they may think your talking about your play. Idiot isnt that high on the intellegence meter too, and cheap is used anyway...just leave them alone, they say lamer and cheap because they know that even morons like you will realize what their talking about

Fyunch Click
04-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Angry there Space Monkey?

Why call someone a name at all?
If they killed you they killed you.

A little hint
Hit the fire button to respawn.

Amazing, you are back in the game.

joey_kool
04-17-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ACGe0rge
I agree as well. Earlier tonight I had a guy who was addicted to using the rocket launcer on people. So after I pushed a few back at him, launced a few of my own, then finally grip/pushed him off a ledge, he called me gay. He was just mad that I beat him at his own game. Personally, I'm the type of guy who will usually complement someone who has beat me no matter what tactic they use. Most people I have played with have the same attitude. It is a game after all and I dont understand people getting so upset about it. I've kicked a lot of butt in MP and had my butt kicked a lot in MP. Either way I have a good time and never feel the need to insult anyone without a "lol" or :) to let them know I'm joking.

Yer know what ya mean.

We were just getting owned by a dude on a FFA server just now (on subsequent maps), but on the next map I was in the lead for a long while and almost won (like 1 or 2 kills off).

And had a good 1v1 duels on an FFA just now (with good comments afterwards).

[PMV] Joker
04-17-2002, 04:33 PM
Heh, this is quite the amusing thread...

Anyway, just to set the record straight, the only truly worthy thing to call an inferior opponent is "jobber". Say it with me....Jobber.
Thanks for you time.

- [PMV] Joker

[del] Twitch
04-17-2002, 04:53 PM
If you think I "plan" on using those words, then you are sadly mistaken. I don't care that my insults aren't universal: in fact, I would RATHER them be obscure, just so I can see people get even MORE mad and see even MORE of the same stupid "insults" over and over, just because they don't understand. I get an ego trip: and yes, I find myself superior, only in linguistical fortitude, to those who feel the need to shout how "gay" something was that got them killed.

My point was, and still is, that using any of those words doesn't matter. You are dead, you respawn. Life goes on. You can anybody anything you want if it makes you feel better. They won't, or rather shouldn't, care, because they now have a frag up on you. If you are in fact limiting yourself to a playing style (if you are saber only, etc.) or "honor" system, then you should play on servers that have said style in mind. If you are worried about something that is "gay," i.e. pushing off ledge or rockets into saber battles, then again go to a server that isn't "gay."

Peace

- Twitch

SpaceMonkey1315
04-17-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Fyunch Click
Angry there Space Monkey?

Why call someone a name at all?
If they killed you they killed you.

A little hint
Hit the fire button to respawn.

Amazing, you are back in the game.

ok, why would you call someone a name, apparantly youve been missing the whole "kiling people who arent fighting, are deuling, etc." the whole reason for calling someone a lamer IS to prove that they go for cheap kills...if they kill you like a wussy, then you want people who want to enjoy the game to do something. and i dont really have a problem with respawing, actually, i never did, respawning is kind of simple...you didnt really have to tell me again. however, its NOT good when people kill you by being a dork. if you like getting killed, i wont doubt you, but get off my nuts about you liking death

Fyunch Click
04-17-2002, 07:13 PM
You know, I just spent 10 minutes writing a long, thorough response detailing why I believe that typing insulting names in games was infantile and sophmoric.

I realize though, after heaving read through it that none of it would really sink in, nor would it make a difference. This is after all just a faceless Internet message board where people feel emboldened by anonymity. Some of us were looking for reasoned discussion and instead found unreasoned hostility, much as you have complained of in your posts about "lamers".

So, you win SpaceMonkey1315.

You are absolutely right.
Please do whatever it was you were going to in the first place despite what anyone might have posted to the contrary in this thread.

SpaceMonkey1315
04-17-2002, 08:04 PM
infantile and sophmoric

Well, looks like someone else had to use a thesaurus today

[del] Twitch
04-17-2002, 08:18 PM
That wacky SpaceMonkey. What will he think of next?

- Twitch

ScribeJC
04-18-2002, 04:45 AM
Alright, here goes... old guy putting his two cents in.

"Lame" doesn't bug me.
"Noob" doesn't bug me.
And just about any other word including ones I can't type here don't bug me.

Trash talk can be fun. Grownups swear. That's the way it is.

But "GAY" has been bugging me for a long time -- and not just in this game. It includes online and on the streets.

This is a very old argument, but I have a nine year old son and for his sake I need to practice it. So, here goes:

Do you call a person who is stingy with his money a "Jew," regardless of his background? Probably not. Guess they don't do that one anymore. I used to hear it, though.

GAY means something to some people. And if you think a word can't mean anything, then read the morning paper.

I just hope that this one word passes like the old one did. Maybe someone can start a trend.

-JC

Zanshin
04-18-2002, 09:08 AM
I have to agree with ScribeJC on this one.

What really gets to me is that on one side, it is a completely pointless and meaningless insult. I have a feelling, that during the game you have no clue as to other peoples sexual orentation.

On the other hand, if you are equating a sexual orentation to being bad or lame, then you are the one being stupid. At best, you are insulting an entire group of people most of whom you don't know.

Let's be honest, gay is an moronic way to insult someone. Then again most insults are moronic. Most of the curses that anger people have NO meaning. Think about what they are saying? If some one said to me "F*ck Y*u", should I be upset? To be honest, I like sex, so I guess I should say - "Good idea! Thanks for the advice!!" Still people get extremely angry over this insult.

If you want to accurately describe some ones behavor during the game, then go ahead and do so. But if you want to spout meaningless insults, you are just making yourself look stupid. No one is going to say "Hey Bill called that guy gay. Bill is so cool."

Fyunch Click
04-18-2002, 11:25 AM
BTW SpaceMonkey, it's called a vocabulary. (and I don't own a thesaurus)

It prevents you from being limited to words of less than two syllables. Plus it allows you to say exactly what you mean. If a word exists with the exact meaning you wish to use then you should use it.

My suggestion to you is to not be so angry at those who have a larger vocabulary than you and try and gain one yourself.

You can start by reading things called books.

[del] Twitch
04-18-2002, 02:13 PM
Oh, this is a little off topic, but I just read the book American Gods, and figured I should recommend it here.

- Twitch

Fyunch Click
04-18-2002, 02:23 PM
Gaiman is a great author.

SpaceMonkey1315
04-18-2002, 02:44 PM
It prevents you from being limited to words of less than two syllables. Plus it allows you to say exactly what you mean. If a word exists with the exact meaning you wish to use then you should use it.

ok, right, you call someone whatever you want to, regardless of if they dont care you can get more than a short word in there...and i'm sure all the english majors out there will back you up in your quest for bringing full, perfect english into computer games...well done

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 02:45 PM
lame.
:nut:

Vorax
04-19-2002, 10:14 AM
I never understood the use of 'gay', so I just have my standard binds to deal with the little twerps that use it.

'You seem obsessed with your sexual orientation.'

'Please seek gay support groups, they will help you understand your feelings and you can meet others like yourself'

- My fav-
'Gay? No I am not gay, but your inquiry is flattering. Seek a gay chat room where you will find others who share your sexual orientation'

These always shut the kids up :)

- Vorax

Fyunch Click
04-19-2002, 11:30 AM
Mind if I borrow some of those Vorax?

I particularly like the third one. :D

[del] Twitch
04-19-2002, 01:37 PM
Hehehe.

I love the second one. Actually, I love them all.

Thanks, Vorax :)

- Twitch

Vorax
04-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Feel free to use any and all :)

tomservo51
04-19-2002, 09:08 PM
I prefer to bind all my insult so I dont have to type during the game. Really saves your neck. Plus you can use really long words!! :c3po:

SpaceMonkey1315
04-20-2002, 01:58 AM
well, thats a plus :D

Taicat
04-20-2002, 03:47 AM
LOL @ everyone.

You mean you actually stop playing to read?

Here are the phrases I have bound:

N1
GF
GG
OMG
LOL

I've found the best way to deal with 'chat spammers' is the last one.

Padawan: That was ghey
Taicat: LOL
Padawan: Lame
Padawan: You (expletive-deleted), that <enter force power here, with suitable expletive) is cheap! Fight like a <expletive> man!
Padawan: Don't you ever say any-<expletive>-thing else, you <expletive>?

Frustrates the heck outta them, and they get tired of it and try spamming someone else....;)

I guess the point of this is, if you allow them to get to you, and you respond in kind, then they are you! ROTF!

As an aside, if all the spamming is too much for you, turn off in-game chat on your end.....

Vorax
04-20-2002, 06:03 AM
Thats fun too :)

But I find my binds shut them up after the first 'ghey' or 'gay' Idiots that talk like that probably just lack the intellectual capacity to come up with a decent comeback, so they just lay off. Either that or they are camped in a corner with the console down trying to focus on the big words. Burning their few active brain cells trying to work out the meaning of the taunt. (Duhh...what's sexual orientation mean? Dad, what does dat mean? ) :D

- Vorax

Coronog
04-20-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by IBFukn
I think it's funny when people keep calling me a fag or something of that sort, cause that usually means that I'm kicking their ass and they're getting upset. My Advice, do whatever you were doing to make them say that till they start to cry and leave the game. Then you can have a good laugh with your friends after about how you made that guy leave.

You must be one bored little piggy if you think kicking someone out of a computer game by beating them is material people go and speak about whilst with friends. Get a life, sonny boy.

H.B.M.C.
04-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by crystals
Is it only 12 year olds that use these words?? Everytime I read those words I get flashbacks of 6th grade when all the kids would say that. Get a new word for cryin out loud...I know your vocabulary isn't that small whether your twelve or not.

Y0u 4r3 t3h g4y!! G0 b4c|< to b3i/\/g g4y \/\/i7h ur /\/\0/\/\/\/\y!

*ahem*

My point is that I agree with you, as you can see how totally stupid and juvenile the above "L337 $p34|<" is. And I didn't even use the words Lamer and Lame in it!

But I do have to say this, get used to it. 99% of the online gaming community (and that includes a percetage from here too) are stupid, inconsiderate freaks who hate losing, don't really know how to have fun, would cheat just to win, and will call anybody "gay", "lame" or a whore of some kind just to show hough "t0ug|-|" they are. It's sad, but it's the truth. :rolleyess

In other news:

:manny: This smiley rocks! :manny:

BYE

tomservo51
04-20-2002, 10:40 PM
By the way. You all are lamers!:ewok:

walldude
04-20-2002, 11:56 PM
Whats the point in insulting someone anyway? If you doing it because you are losing it makes you a wuss, if you are doing it because you are winning it makes you an a**hole.. I've been insulted over my freakin handle, choice of saber color, choice of character before I even get up to duel. Gee, wanna bet it's always by some punk playing on his mommys computer, who never takes his stance off heavy because he really can't PLAY he has to rely on being lucky enough to hit me once... People like this are ruining what is really a brilliant and fun game.. If I'm whining so be it, I'm married with 3 kids and don't have alot of gaming time and I hate wasting it getting pissed off at some punk loser... I wish they would go back to UT and Q3 and leave Jedi to the Star Wars fans....

Jah Warrior
04-21-2002, 11:22 AM
Right on mate,

All this calling people homos and all that sillines has gotta stop!

Would anyone playing this game want their kids to grow up using words like these to describe people?

And this IS A GAME which kids play so please go easy on the insults and abuse PLEASE!!!!

[del] Twitch
04-21-2002, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately it's something that has permeated society to the extent that gay jokes are running rampant through movies and other media, and I expect nothing less of this culture to follow suit like cattle.

- Twitch

EZ|Lestat
04-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Vorax you are a saint among men... :D

Are the rest of us free to poach your wisdom? ;)