PDA

View Full Version : Splitting up the community (-SC- vs -ASC-) What side are you on?

SilentDark
04-16-2002, 10:24 PM
I think its a good idea. I kinda view -SC- and -ASC- like Sith and Jedi. You guys gotta admit, that if we made this thing global, it would rule. Imagine two or three -ASC- join a server with -SC- members, then it would be one heck of a kickbutt (does this forum allow swearing?) battle going on. Very movie style. It would be cool. What you think?

[del] Twitch
04-16-2002, 10:41 PM
I think that most of the players online can't even come together as a team to play CTF.........

However, I will say that I have found a GREAT server that randomly choose FFA or Team FFA......you might know it, but since I like it too much, I'm not squealing....

At any rate, I don't see the point.

- Twitch

SilentDark
04-16-2002, 10:56 PM
point = it would be fun. Kinda like massively multiplayer roleplaying in star wars while keeping your 10 bucks

Twins of Doom
04-16-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by SilentDark
point = it would be fun. Kinda like massively multiplayer roleplaying in star wars while keeping your 10 bucks

not really, you turn off your lightsaber to challenge somebody to a duel and they attack you and do everything in their power to make the game not fun for you......not my definition of fun......

Angelous
04-16-2002, 11:42 PM
Kinda like massively multiplayer roleplaying in star wars while keeping your 10 bucks

Not possible. Everything that even reomtely concerns role playing in a online manner or the words massive multiplayer will come at a fee. Your a fool is you think you dont have to pay! If you managed it, Lucas would perosnally come to your house, get a small droid to slap you while he goes through your wallet to take the ten bucks you got, he also continues to search for any possible coupons you may have hidden in your home.

Rogerwilco2002
04-17-2002, 03:15 AM
They are making a MMORPG so there is no point for organization in this game. This game is like disney world, you dont go there and have every thing you want to do planned. You run around like a crazy person.

Soul-Burn
04-17-2002, 08:34 AM
I think its a good idea. I kinda view -SC- and -ASC- like Sith and Jedi. You guys gotta admit, that if we made this thing global, it would rule. Imagine two or three -ASC- join a server with -SC- members, then it would be one heck of a kickbutt (does this forum allow swearing?) battle going on. Very movie style. It would be cool. What you think?

I disagree... There are many Sith SCs... It's nothing about that. It's about SCs wanting to play for fun and the ASC wanna play to ruin EVERYONE's fun... including other ASCs.

ArtifeX
04-17-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Soul-Burn

I disagree... There are many Sith SCs... It's nothing about that. It's about SCs wanting to play for fun and the ASC wanna play to ruin EVERYONE's fun... including other ASCs.

No. The ASC doesn't whether you consider yourself sith, jedi, or Micronesian. All we care about is kicking your simpering, flower-sniffing, bent-over (oh, sorry. I mean bowing) 4sses up an down the server.

Yes, we will attack other *ASC*'s if we g0d d4mn feel like it. But I have my money that true *ASC*'ers will opt for the much tastier morsel of a ripe -SC- lamer over those who believe as they do.

BacMeth
04-17-2002, 10:09 AM
hm.. do they have high end pc's in the kindergarten?

stop fighting.. it's gettin a bit boring

Jedi_Overlord
04-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Perhaps after the Sc'ers are done bowing, they'll get up and finish kicking your rear end across the arena. Perhaps not. Why can't we all just get along?

ThePeople'sJedi
04-17-2002, 07:26 PM
:nut:

Spidey
04-17-2002, 07:49 PM
I am with Artifex. I am sick of these people parading around as SC's or whatever they want to call it.

This guy slowburn came up with how he wants to play the game. Then he wants to form a clan so that he can start taking over different servers and start kicking anyone he doesn't like.

I will respect the rules within the game set forth by the server. That means I will go to the server with weapons / force powers / kill limits that I am looking for.

I will also continue to play on Light Side in Team FFA. I will do anything in my power for my team to win regardless of my personal score.

*edited by DarthMaulUK *
Super Mod on Lucasforums.

Soul-Burn
04-17-2002, 08:22 PM
This guy slowburn came up with how he wants to play the game. Then he wants to form a clan so that he can start taking over different servers and start kicking anyone he doesn't like.

just listen to yourself.. no one said anything about a clan, and no one said anything about taking over. In servers where people wanna play in some way, they will play like that... I can simply say that Artifex is trying to take over servers.

In these servers where the ADMIN set the rules to be like this, artifex want to lame. He wanna be against the RULES the admins set up.

You should be ashamed of yourself, kiddo.

Rogue Nine
04-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey, play nice kiddies. All right? This is a game meant for enjoyment and fun, not jawing at each other. Got it?

StormHammer
04-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Either discuss this issue in a reasonable manner, or I am closing this thread...and all subsequent threads in the same vein. When I hear talk of splitting up the community, it really saddens me.

Spidey...Any more posts with insulting remarks will be auto-deleted. We don't appreciate them here, and one member was banned because of repeatedly using them when attacking other members. So I look forward to your cooperation in not posting such insults in the future. :cool:

There's no need to use inflammatory remarks and insulting other members simply because you all cannot agree to disagree on a particular issue. Anyone seen starting yet another flame-war will be temp-banned. There have been far too many in recent weeks, and it is spoiling these forums for other members.

Try to be respectful of each other's opinions, and if you disagree with a comment, state your own case in a reasoned manner or choose not to reply. If someone flames you...report it to a moderator.

Thanks for your time. :cool:

Ikhnaton
04-17-2002, 09:18 PM
that being said, i can't think of anything more ridiculous than a division such as this: "SC" vs. "ASC".

to quote william shatner from SNL: get a life, people! it's just a game!

[del] Twitch
04-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by ThePeople'sJedi
:nut:

Said best ;)

- Twitch

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by [del] Twitch

Said best ;)

- Twitch

I couldn't have said it better!

Jaif
04-18-2002, 11:50 AM
I'm guessing that the "SC"s are the people I've seen running around with the tag [SC] who try to distinguish themselves by adhering to some arbitrary saber code, with corresponding rituals.

Frankly, the idea bothers me. Not a lot, I do other things in life, but within the context of the game community it certainly is a damaging trend. More than anything else, it reminds me of the bizarre middle-school cliques that form, where everybody wears the same styles, and talks with the same catch-phrases, some of which nobody else knows or can fathom the reasons behind.

By themselves, it's an oddity. A group of say 5 or more, though, can be very damaging on a straight-FFA server. Now you have exclusionary tactics, and votes, and all sorts of other things that put the kabosh on other people's fun in social settings.

I really, really wish we had some extra commands on the server. I'd add in a few lando bots above and beyond the number of players. Lando has good aim, and no compunction against using it anytime, anywhere. He's still mostly a kill for an experienced/good player (neither of which I am, frankly), but a few of these bots in a FFA would at least provide some policing of the [SC] element making the rounds in the community.

-Jeff

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 12:03 PM
speaking about school?

here's the relation....

SCers are the students who wanna learn and have fun while the ASCers are the bad boys that everyone hates (girls included)...

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 12:12 PM
speaking about school?

here's the relation....

SCers are the students who wanna learn and have fun while the ASCers are the bad boys that everyone hates (girls included)...

Wow. that's the most incoherent post I've seen in a while.

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 12:18 PM
haven't you read your own?

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 12:33 PM
haven't you read your own?

Sorry, I'll make sure to refrain from words like, "genuflection" next time.

Fyunch Click
04-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Are there any threads you two won't hijack?
:)

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Fyunch Click
Are there any threads you two won't hijack?
:)

ROFL

Jaif
04-18-2002, 12:41 PM
I fail to see the relation. The implication is that you can only learn by doing things the "SC" way, which is balderdash [<-does this get modded?<g>] Of course you can learn simply by going to a duel server, and then by coming to an FFA server and adapting what you've learned as best you can.

I see the issue as a complex one related to social situations, a sense of belonging, and control. The funny part is that people who belong to an extremely geeky niche part of society (online FPS gamers), are seeking to create a deeper, more ritualized niche and further distance themselves. It's amusing to watch - wish I could write a psych paper on it<g>.

Again, I have no qualms about individual behaviors: have fun bowing and what-not. It's when you form sub-groups and factionalize a server that I have a problem.

-Jeff

Edit; minor spelling

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Jaif

Again, I have no qualms about individual behaviors: have fun bowing and what-not. It's when you form sub-groups and factionalize a server that I have a problem.

-Jeff

Edit; minor spelling

I think it's would be great to see legions of *ASC* and -SC- battling across multiple public servers. It gives the whole thing a new dimension.

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 01:48 PM
What's the idea with playing ASC vs SC when it's all vs all anyways?

Darth Sun
04-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Soul-Burn, Artifex.
You guys need to calm down, this is becoming your own personal war rather then a ASC VS SC thing really.

ASC have fun playing that way, so be it.
SC have fun playing that way, so be it.

the ASC and the SC arent even a propper clan, just a bunch of guys who believe in a set of codes/rules.

The way to make it propper would be by forming a guild like in the JK days where there was a Saberists Guild (who I was part of) and the Weapons Guild.
I NEVER saw these two go at each other except in friendly manners and you two are dragging ASC and SC against each other in a NON friendly manner.

Its a game, some enjoy having a RPG element to it so they play that way and others are just there for the pure frag element of blasting and slicing their opponnents (victims?) into tiny little pieces called pixels/polygonal blood/particle systems/textured gibs.

If this keeps up we all better remove the ASC and the SC tags since it will at some point become embarassing to use any of them untill the ASC leader and Soul-Burn (who is not the SC leader, as far as I know the person who created SC/JDG was Obi-Cyph) behave and stop dragging this on and on.

Darth Sun -SC- (on verge of removing tag if this doesnt calm down)
Ichimoto Factory (http://pwp.netcabo.pt/dark-sun)

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 03:17 PM
I have made SC, Obi made JDG. I'm abiding to both.

Darth Sun
04-18-2002, 08:58 PM
Thanks for correcting me on that part Soul Burn.
But still, you both have to calm down for the same reasons I mentioned above.

Darth Sun -SC- (for now... still believes in code however)
Ichimoto Factory (http://pwp.netcabo.pt/dark-sun)

tomservo51
04-18-2002, 10:28 PM
I think Mon Mothma would be very dissapointed reading this thread. :biggs:

ArtifeX
04-19-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by tomservo51
I think Mon Mothma would be very dissapointed reading this thread. :biggs:

No, I called Mon Mothma on my hyperspace comlink last night and she said it was all good.

HertogJan
04-19-2002, 10:17 AM
I think its a good idea. I kinda view -SC- and -ASC- like Sith and Jedi.

AAAAARGH!!! Dont you EVER say that again! I use ONLY dark (yeah and neutral) force powers! NEVER LIGHT FORCES!!

But I wear (this is the last time im sayying this) the -SC- tag, so I can be recognized as a saberist!!

I guess that -ASC- tag wearers hate to play with the saber.. I mean, that's what "Anti Saberist Code" means right? If you're against saberists, you musn't like saber duels... If you do, you've chosen the wrong tag... I think -ASC- is something for gunners, and -SC- for saberists... of course it is...

Soul-Burn
04-19-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
I guess that -ASC- tag wearers hate to play with the saber.. I mean, that's what "Anti Saberist Code" means right? If you're against saberists, you musn't like saber duels... If you do, you've chosen the wrong tag... I think -ASC- is something for gunners, and -SC- for saberists... of course it is...

Good points ;)

ArtifeX
04-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan

AAAAARGH!!! Dont you EVER say that again! I use ONLY dark (yeah and neutral) force powers! NEVER LIGHT FORCES!!

But I wear (this is the last time im sayying this) the -SC- tag, so I can be recognized as a saberist!!

Actually, using only guns wouldnt' be for or against *ASC*. The only reason "saberist" is in "Anti-saberist code" is because it was in "saberist code". It would probably be more accurate to say, "Anti-Callvote-Kicker Code".

D66
04-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey! Here is a novel idea...

LET PEOPLE PLAY THE WAY THEY WANT!!!

Nah... Thats too crazy