PDA

View Full Version : The Fate of Naboo......and Gungan

antilles
07-13-2001, 07:42 PM
What do u think what happen to Naboo and Gungan? The map of SW in NJO does located where Naboo is...But why no body ever heard from it during the Civil Wars? And the Gungan? Did they really so dislike by people and some one wipe them out? maybe Jar-Jar makes Palpatine mad and the Emperor just simple destroy the Gungan.........Who knows?

Boba Rhett
07-13-2001, 08:20 PM
Hmmmm.. very interesting. Some people have the theory that Palpatine turns Naboo into Dagobah. So maybe that's what happens to the gungans but I don't know how much faith i'd put in that theory.

Kirvan_Vax
07-13-2001, 10:19 PM
well...it would be kinda hard for Naboo to become Degobah...on the NJO maps...they are both there, and these are offically lisenced Lucasarts products...soooo I don't believe that thory for as long as I can throw it.

Boba Rhett
07-13-2001, 11:15 PM
*rubs chin* I knew that theory sounded fishy...

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: Boba Rhett ]

MadPoster
07-14-2001, 06:06 PM
I ordered the test laser from the death star to fire on naboo. Unfortunatly, it only blew off the half the gungans where on.

obi
07-14-2001, 08:21 PM
alderaan was the first planet that vader tested the death star on.............

anyway, i heard this theory:

The gungans evolve into a new species called "Georges W. Bushes" but thats the scientific term.

well, the new species kills the naboo, or as the bushes call,"Al Goras".

they then take over the planet, the imperial senate didn't like the bushes, so they ex-communicated the planet......

thats what i heard, but the japanese people are happy. ;)

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: obi-wan13 ]

Gabrobot
07-15-2001, 10:09 PM
Somehow I see a large connection between Bush and Jar Jar. ;)

Hannibal
07-15-2001, 11:44 PM
Oh yeah baby!!! :D

BeastMaster
07-16-2001, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13:
<STRONG>alderaan was the first planet that vader tested the death star on.............</STRONG>

Actually, Alderaan was the second test, though the first to actually destroy a planet.

The Death Star was built by slave labour over the prison colony, Despayr. After construction was completed, Lord Vader turned the superlaser on Despayr and wiped out the colony.

Presumeably the superlaser was at low-power, and only vapourized a chunk of the surface.

It makes sense, really. Aside from the designers, the prisoner/slaves were the only ones who could have known about any design flaws. Ruthless, but effective.

As for Naboo, possibly Palpatine kept the planet well-cared for (it was his homeworld, after all), so that they never rebelled. The gungans didn't have space tech of their own, so barring any Naboo assistance, no gungans could have left to get involved.

Besides, the galaxy's a big place; for all we know there were legions of Naboo and gungan soldiers helping the Alliance.

Tie Guy
07-16-2001, 02:46 PM
I wonder if there were ever any gungan jedi.

oninosensi
07-16-2001, 05:52 PM
I would guess not. considering how enept the gungan army was with blasters, they would probably kill themselves with a lightsaber.

Jedi_Prophecy
07-16-2001, 08:03 PM
Wasn't the death star constructed in Maw Installation or was that the Sun Crusher?? Anyway all I know is that Padme flees with Leia to Alderaan under Obi-Wan's supervision in Ep3 so we probably won't hear how Naboo turns out. Who knows???????
I just hope the Empire did something with JarJar like feed him to rancors or shove him out into open space in the Unknown Regions.

BeastMaster
07-16-2001, 11:58 PM
I once sketched out a fanfic idea with a gungan (Luke Skywalker-era) Jedi.

Her name was Dakka Tarpals, and she was the great-great granddaughter of Captain Tarpals (JJ's friend from TPM).

She was the sort of character Jar Jar should have been; intelligent, athletic, coordinated and graceful. She was also lethal with a lightsaber.

antilles
07-17-2001, 10:21 AM
I think there will be strange if: Ewok, Jawas, Tusken Raider, Gungam, Hutt...ro be a Jedi. But otherwise, a droid(R5-D4) can be a Jedi, why can't they?

The most powerful Sith is Jar-Jar with a saber.......

obi
07-17-2001, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by F-3PO:
<STRONG>The most powerful Sith is Jar-Jar with a saber.......</STRONG>

you mean the most suicidal sith is jar jar with a lightsaber.

Tie Guy
07-17-2001, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by F-3PO:
<STRONG>But otherwise, a droid(R5-D4) can be a Jedi, why can't they?</STRONG>

Droids can't be jedis because how could they possibly touch the force. The Force flows from life, and since droids aren't alive, that kinda makes it difficult.

Anyways, if some part of the droid makes it a jedi, don't you think that they would scrap the droid and sell the part to some manufacturer(?) for about a million credits.

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Tie Guy ]

BeastMaster
07-17-2001, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy:
<STRONG>Droids can't be jedis because how could they possibly touch the force. The Force flows from life, and since droids aren't alive, that kinda makes it difficult.</STRONG>

I know a few droids who'd argue with that "not alive" thing.

4-L0M had a vision of himself at the Jedi Praxeum at Yavin 4, presumeably as a Jedi (4-L0M is no-one's property), and some of Yoda's serenity seems to have rubbed off on R2, so I wouldn't count anything out.

Ewoks don't need Jedi training; their close contact with nature on Endor makes them naturally sensitive to the Force. They use a very powerful type of nature magic, and can learn Jedi skills if they need to.

Never heard of any Force-wielding jawas, but it's possible AFAIK.

Not tuskens, but two tusken-raised humans have gone on to become Jedi (A'Sharaad [who's actually half-human, half-tusken], Padawan to Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Tahiri, student at the Skywalker Praxeum).

As I said, I fanfic'd a gungan Jedi, and WotC says that gungans have shown Force-talent in the past, but have never actually joined the Order.

Hutts are usually Force-blind. The only exception was Beldorian, a thousand-year old Dark Jedi that Leia killed (in one of her most awesome lightsaber duels :cool: ).

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: BeastMaster ]

obi
07-17-2001, 03:20 PM
heh, i bet that was a hard one to win for leia.

Pedro The Hutt
07-17-2001, 06:01 PM
Nah.. just run around to the back off the hutt and slllliiiiiiiiicccccceeeeeee.... ;)
Easy huh ;)

MadPoster
07-17-2001, 07:10 PM
He'd be too fat to move effectivly.

MMMMMMMM- bacon anyone?

Hannibal
07-17-2001, 08:14 PM
Or just get out the salt like we used to do to slugs. So cruel!!! :D

antilles
07-17-2001, 09:43 PM
Then which race do you think can not be a Jedi?

Borg Collective
07-18-2001, 04:13 PM
Us.

Tie Guy
07-18-2001, 04:28 PM
A quarren jedi would a funny sight.

BeastMaster
07-19-2001, 03:33 PM
A quarren Jedi turned up in DH's Union series. We never got his/her name, but he/she is visible in one of the group shots (sexual dimorphism in quarren is kinda hard to spot; the females look like Callista Flockheart).

There's a somewhat startling number of reptilian/amphibious species who are Force-blind.

Aside from Hutts, the Ssi-Ruu (from Truce at Bakura), and a couple of others who I can't recall at the moment.

(I'm going by the old West End Games RPG material as the best source I have, BTW.)

Regarding Beldorion:
Originally posted by MadPoster:
<STRONG>He'd be too fat to move effectivly.</STRONG>

Actually, according to numerous scenes in the novels, hutts are startlingly good fighters.

What you have to realize is that RotJ Jabba was fat even for a hutt; most of them look more like he did in ANH-SE.

Y'see, they're solid muscle from the jaw down, and most of the weight is concentrated just under the head. They can swing those massive tails of theirs like huge clubs, and some of the more athletic hutts can actually coil their tales under them and leap.

Imagine over a hundred pounds of solid muscle mass coming crashing down on you. :eek:

Beldorion in particular was the hutt equivalent of a body builder. It's also likely he had some gene-engineered enhancements or Force-assisted mutations (he was living on a world with a very high mutation-rate). His arms were quite long (long enough to wield a custom lightsaber), and he hopped around quite a bit trying to kill Leia.

Remember that it was a challenging duel to a woman who managed to fight Luke Skywalker to a standstill while eight months pregnant.

Tie Guy
07-19-2001, 04:02 PM
He was taking it easy on her. Remember, that is the guy who beat Darth Vader while he wasn't even fully trained.

brashin99451
07-20-2001, 07:25 PM
luke is vaders son, vader wanted to turn luke to the dark side and wouldn't kill him since the emperor told him not to, luke uses the dark side of the force, suprises vader while his guard is down, and cuts off his hand and all of a sudden everyone thinks luke is stronger than vader. if i wanted to use the luke logic i could say the emperor almost killed luke and vader killed the emperor so hes stronger then luke but its not like that makes any sense.

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: brashin99451 ]

MadPoster
07-20-2001, 07:28 PM
You don't use the Dark Side, It uses you!

BeastMaster
07-20-2001, 09:59 PM
Maybe Luke was sub-consciously holding back in DE, but he was still a thrawn of Palpatine and was trying to kill her and her unborn kid (Anakin).

I made a Usenet post once counting Leia's duels. I'll dig it up and post it here later.