PDA

View Full Version : No Sdk ?

rut-wa jodar
04-17-2002, 09:14 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There could be complications
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complications, as in, the lead programmer stated he was fairly certain that the singleplayer SDK would not be released. Ouch.

Just seen above post at Massassi.net, I hope it`s no true .Please tell me it`s a Late April Fool !!! :(

Tems
04-17-2002, 09:19 PM
booooooooo.

one side note. if the SP devkit is not gonna happen, then the MP one might be able to be tweaked, no?

-Tems

Zolden
04-17-2002, 09:35 PM
Where did you read this? I don't see anything about it on Massassi.net... could you at least link back to the post?

rut-wa jodar
04-18-2002, 05:30 AM
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum9/HTML/001122.html

Bio Warrior
04-18-2002, 05:38 AM
i think he was just makin an example

Dakindas
04-18-2002, 06:24 AM
Real Quote: "Well at its core its taking one code and replacing it with another. There could be complications but nothing a good coder can't find workarounds to".

Keywords: Could be; Complications; Workaround.

rut-wa jodar, go away.

Now who is the lead programmer? Not firestorm is it? If it is then yahoo! He also states:

"Well Raven did say they would implant the SP saber system if demand came to it."

DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND!!!!

Raven, don't do a [V]olition. They suck (ask anyone) and so far you guys rock (ask anyone :)), keep on rocking, please.

:)

BlackDragon
04-18-2002, 08:09 AM
I think the source for Jipe's quote about there not being an SDK as partly from URL=http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32906]this thread[/URL]

Raven didn't release an SDK for SP in Elite Force, only a GDK. It's likely that they'll do the same with JO IMO. A shame as it would be nice to add new AI (for new creatures!) and new weapons. I don't know how far ICARUS will let mod developers go in terms of adding new creatures etc.

However, we could keep petitioning Raven until they do or, and I believe people are thinking of doing this, the MP game will just have to be adapted to play like SP.

Solo4114
04-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Dakindas
Now who is the lead programmer? Not firestorm is it? If it is then yahoo! He also states:

"Well Raven did say they would implant the SP saber system if demand came to it."

DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND!!!!

Raven, don't do a [V]olition. They suck (ask anyone) and so far you guys rock (ask anyone :)), keep on rocking, please.

:)

Just so folks know, I've started a petition in the feedback forum to encourage Raven to make MP sabre combat like SP. If they do this, I might just reinstall the game now that I've beaten SP and removed it from my hard drive (since MP kind of sucks to me).

Ripp'en Rob
04-18-2002, 02:00 PM
What do you guys mean when your talking about making MP sabre fighting like SP? I dont recall anything being diffrent?

Bio Warrior
04-18-2002, 02:34 PM
its very different and the sabers dont bunch off each other anywere close to as much as in SP