PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park 3

Boba Rhett
07-18-2001, 08:25 PM
*copied from jk2 forums because i'm a lazy lazy man*

Maybe I've just been spoiled by the special effects in Shrek, Final Fantasy, etc. but the fx in JP3 didn't really impress me.
The plot was ok, kinda just a rehash of the same old stuff though. Maybe it's because I've been exposed to the dinosours twice before but I didn't find them nearly as exciting this time and the new ones they introduced in this movie weren't very thrilling.

The plot needed more depth to it. It kinda just jumped into the action about 10 minutes into the movie. This one is definately the weekest one of the three but it was still entertaining. I'm still going to give it a thumbs up and a score of 7.5 I can only imagine what it could have been with Steven Speilberg(sp?) directing.

*****spoiler******

And what the hell is up with Grant not marying that lady from the first movie?

Tie Guy
07-18-2001, 08:56 PM
Wasn't she his sister?

Kurgan
07-18-2001, 08:56 PM
I heard most of the film was done without a script.. I still have yet to see it, but I'm not getting myself too worked up over it.

I still need to finish the novelization of "Lost World."

Kurgan

JediKnight_114[b]
07-18-2001, 09:23 PM
I just saw it. All-in-all it was very entertaining and doesn't leave that bad taste in your mouth like The Lost World did. They should have stuck to the book on that one.

Originally posted by Kurgan:
<STRONG>I still need to finish the novelization of "Lost World."
</STRONG>

BTW, the book isn't the novelization, it came before the movie and IMO is much better anyway.

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: JediKnight_114 ]

Hannibal
07-18-2001, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I read the Lost World before I saw the movie and was very disappointed. What happened to all the stuff they left out? Like the chamelion like dinosaur.

JediKnight_114[b]
07-18-2001, 11:00 PM
I know that sucked. Also, they cut that kid Arby out of the entire movie and to make up for it, made Kelly black. That scene in the book where Arby is in that cage and the raptors are taking him away, so Sarah and Kelly have to jump on the dirtbike and catch the raptor that had the key was THE scene I was looking forward to seeing in the movie only to realize that Arby wasn't even in it.

And, what was with there being hundredsw of people on the island and then the T-Rex goes all Godzilla in the city.

Anyway, I could go on all day on haw bad the Lost World movie was, but I don't have time.

Just see JPIII, it's really much better

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: JediKnight_114 ]

Garindan
07-19-2001, 03:36 AM
well, i like the lost world. i thought it was better than jurassic park. and no, i never read any jurassic park books.

GonkH8er
07-19-2001, 10:32 AM
ahhh good old michael crichton..... one of my favourite authors....

Redwing
07-20-2001, 07:46 AM
Okay, in my opinon the Lost World movie and the book each had their advantages and disadvantages. I liked both but was pretty disappointed when they didn't use a lot of great scenes from the movie.

JP3 was good. Not great because:
Steven Spielberg wasn't directing it. It was way too short, especially compared to the others. The script seemed rushed.

Did anyone else think it seemed like a setup for the next movie? Okay, spoiler in

Grant and [er...that other guy ;))referred to the Spinosaurus not being on the InGen list of "creations". And Grant hints darkly something like "Makes you wonder what else they were up to." Foreshadowing? The jury is out...

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: Redwing ]

obi
07-22-2001, 09:20 PM
just saw this friday, and it was ok. one of the 'funny' parts in the movie was:

*SPOILER*

"ERIK!!!!!!!!"

"Stop yelling! Dr.Grant said that was a bad idea. Whats the use in hiring an expert when you don't use his advise?"

"Well, we have to find him, forget Grant!"

"Yea, well, don't go whinin' to me when your getting eat by a tyranasoflex."

End spoiler.

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: obi-wan13 ]

MadPoster
07-22-2001, 09:48 PM
Just what we need- another Big Lizard eats Mankind movie. Isn't Godzilla enough for ya?

Redwing
07-23-2001, 03:44 AM
Dinosaurs actually once existed. Plus they're a heck of a lot cooler than "Godzilla". Just think: for all those dinosaurs they showed onscreen, something similar actually existed.

Godzilla on the other hand never has existed doesn't exist, and never will exist.

But then again the same goes for Star Wars. But Star Wars is cool! :D :D

Garindan
07-23-2001, 04:31 AM
Redwing, you obviously haven't taken your insane medication. Star Wars IS REAL!!!! now leave me alone before i hurt myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!