PDA

View Full Version : *ASC* vs. -SC- First Challenge Results!

ArtifeX
04-17-2002, 09:49 PM
What's the *ASC*? Go here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43763

The original challenge:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=468787#post468787

First of all, I want to thank S!TH!NATOR for a very fun game and his great sportsmanship. These types of challenges is what the *ASC* is all about. I also want to congratulate him for being a stand-up guy and actually following through with his challenge after issuing it--that's truly rare. *cough*Soul-Burn*cough*

All 4 duel maps were played with a fraglimit of 1 and a duel limit of 10. Force level was set to Jedi Master, with weapons set to Saber-only. Match scores were:

Match 1: ArtifeX *ASC* - 10 --- S!TH!NATOR - 0
Match 2: ArtifeX *ASC* - 10 --- S!TH!NATOR - 0
Match 3: ArtifeX *ASC* - 10 --- S!TH!NATOR - 1
Match 4: ArtifeX *ASC* - 10 --- S!TH!NATOR - 0

Go to:

http://antisabercode.50megs.com/main.html

for pictures of the match, including final scores.

I will, of course, be accepting any more challenges from the flower-sniffing -SC- commune.

Taicat
04-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Nice pics (and nice job).

Was hoping for a 'Demo', though......:D

ArtifeX
04-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Taicat
Nice pics (and nice job).

Was hoping for a 'Demo', though......:D

Sorry, man. that Sychronous clients thing that's required for a demo really fuXX0rz the bandwidth.

VeX_5150
04-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Congrats to Sith for stepping up to duel and being classy about it. Hopefully we'll get more soon. (soul-burn) Sith you're welcome on our server any time.

Jiro Kage
04-18-2002, 03:11 AM
Its not the bandwidth, its the way it changes rendering, and you can turn it off after you start recording. For instance:

seta record1 "set g_syncronousClients 1; record; set g_syncronousClients 0;wait;set do_record vstr stoprecord1"
seta stoprecord1 "stoprecord;wait;set do_record vstr record1"
set do_record vstr record1
bind F8 "vstr do_record"

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Jiro Kage
Its not the bandwidth, its the way it changes rendering, and you can turn it off after you start recording. For instance:

seta record1 "set g_syncronousClients 1; record; set g_syncronousClients 0;wait;set do_record vstr stoprecord1"
seta stoprecord1 "stoprecord;wait;set do_record vstr record1"
set do_record vstr record1
bind F8 "vstr do_record"

Good info! Thx! I'll make sure to give that a shot next time!

Lord Slart
04-18-2002, 09:07 AM
Ok ArtifeX you seem to have done well against S!TH!NATOR. Now it's time for some stiff competition. So prepare to die to overwhelming power of the SC.

I just need to find someone who is good enough now? Cmon all you SC'ers we need to find our champion to be able to hold our head up high. All this duelling challenges must surely create some fantastic duellers so where are you all we need your support here.

I would step up to the challenge myself but I'm scared to loose that badly it would destroy my nice little dream land of being good. But if you want to fight I will take to the arena for SC's honour.

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Lord Slart
Ok ArtifeX you seem to have done well against S!TH!NATOR. Now it's time for some stiff competition. So prepare to die to overwhelming power of the SC.

I just need to find someone who is good enough now? Cmon all you SC'ers we need to find our champion to be able to hold our head up high. All this duelling challenges must surely create some fantastic duellers so where are you all we need your support here.

I would step up to the challenge myself but I'm scared to loose that badly it would destroy my nice little dream land of being good. But if you want to fight I will take to the arena for SC's honour.

As I have said, I accept all challenges. Speak plainly if you wish to issue one.

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Heh... if my ping would allow me...
I hardly get 150 to the UK and about 300 to the US...

"*ASC* vs. -SC- First Challenge Results!"

That's so gay. These are not clans. And the fact you had a duel means you're against your own code. "Duels are for losers who can't play", right? wrong.

Nothing here states if a person wins more or less. It's about how you act.

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Soul-Burn

That's so gay. These are not clans. And the fact you had a duel means you're against your own code. "Duels are for losers who can't play", right? wrong.

No, duels are fine. It's all the bowing, scraping, nicey-nice -SC- etiquette that's for losers.

What an enlightened attitude! Cheers! You won't mind while I get some frags at your expense then!

After all, I'm just getting points, right? Point don't matter according to you. If you're just standing around waiting for a duel anyway, then you won't mind just respawning and walking back to where you were, would you? It's much more interesting than just standing still. Why, I'm doing you a favor by keeping your experience interesting! Praise me as your benefactor rather than kickbanning me as one who doesn't "Follow the Code"!

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 11:15 AM
That's not what I said/meant.

It doesn't matter for the code if you have many frags or not. It does matter for the individual, ofcourse.

And all that "nicy-nice" is a way to set up and start duels since the game only allows 1 at a time.

And that's done by taunting the enemy, not by bowing... SC is not about bowing... it's about means of communication to allow people to have duels even if 2 others are in "official duel mode"...

VeX_5150
04-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Wow, seems like I'm only seeing excuses here. Sith is the man right now....the rest of you ppl are all talk ?

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 11:23 AM
That's not what I said/meant.

It doesn't matter for the code if you have many frags or not. It does matter for the individual, ofcourse.

And all that "nicy-nice" is a way to set up and start duels since the game only allows 1 at a time.

And that's done by taunting the enemy, not by bowing... SC is not about bowing... it's about means of communication to allow people to have duels even if 2 others are in "official duel mode"...

Then you should accept that part of the -SC- as unnecessary. You hit "k" and the other person sees your challenge. They acknowledge. Duel begins. If they don't acknowledge, fight them normally or run away. Very simple. Or, even more brilliant, try saying, "Hey, would you care for a friendly duel?" Wow. I bet that would work. Then you wouldn't need people to read MOTD's that they never do normally and no one would need to get kickbanned. Think about it.

VeX_5150
04-18-2002, 11:40 AM

Where are you at anyways? I'd find a server where we have equitable pings and duel you any time.

Lord Slart
04-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Ok I'll duel anyone.

I'm in the UK and have cable modem.

Don't know what sort of ping i'd get to US but that won't put me off from the fight.

It's 15:00 here now and I won't be home until 19:15. (about 15:00 new york time i think)

We'll have to initiate contact through the boards as I can't remeber my ICQ or AOL names or numbers. (don't use them enough).

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 12:46 PM
You hit "k" and the other person sees your challenge. They acknowledge. Duel begins. If they don't acknowledge, fight them normally or run away.

Only one duel is allowed at a time.

Ricko
04-18-2002, 12:48 PM
very nice show ArtifeX.

Darth Sun
04-18-2002, 01:18 PM
Nice victory, congrats Artifex.

Hmm, Im in Portugal (think Europe in case you dont know where that is, more or less close to UK) and I have cable.

Darth Sun -SC-
Ichimoto Factory (http://pwp.netcabo.pt/dark-sun)

Lord Slart
04-18-2002, 01:28 PM
ArtifeX will you be available for the challenge tonight?

I will defend our SC against any ASC challengers but we must first attempt to defeat the mighty ArtifeX. Until we can I cannot show the tag of SC with pride and honour.

We will prevail in strength and honour.

Slart -SC-

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 01:32 PM

I will defend our SC against any ASC challengers but we must first attempt to defeat the mighty ArtifeX. Until we can I cannot show the tag of SC with pride and honour.

Slart -SC-

May be able to. Have to see if I've got anything else lined up first.

Soul-Burn
04-18-2002, 02:16 PM

What is this??? ArtifeX ain't mighty and no SC is "going to defeat him to show the tag with pride"

That's so dumb...

Spidey
04-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Stop hiding behind excuses little SC boy. Artifex is mighty as far as you are concerned because you are too chickent s*** to take him on other than to your pointless rants in the forums.

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Spidey
Stop hiding behind excuses little SC boy. Artifex is mighty as far as you are concerned because you are too chickent s*** to take him on other than to your pointless rants in the forums.

BAahahaha! Bravo!

ArtifeX
04-18-2002, 04:26 PM

Slart -SC-

Your challenge is accepted! I will private msg you and give you my icq number in an hour or so!

Spidey
04-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Hey Artey buddy, lemme have that ICQ too... i wanna watch some you slice and dice some SC. Pick up some pointers.

S!TH!NAT0R
04-18-2002, 05:18 PM
Hey all!:) -First off, let me say that Artifax was also a very good sport and a pleasure to go up against. Very well mannered/courteous gamer;) Very good JK][ gamer too and he seemed to conform to the SC code very honorably. Never attacked me when I was still or with my saber out. Oh wait!....yur ASC right Artifax? -Hmmm, I'm confused here-LOL!:P

Second of all, let me say a couple brief things in the defense of the a$$wh00p!ng Artifax dished out to me yesterday(and an a$$wh00p!n' it was!):p .........
-I had told Artifax before hand that I had been up well over 24 hours and was way overtired. But I held to my challenge and went ahead with playing him anyway yesterday. I did'nt want to come off as BS excuses by telling him I was too tired to play and that I would be no match due to the physical/mental state I was in. But, I played my best even though I was basically a veggie-lol! Artifax is damn good, dont get me wrong. I'm just making it clear that it was'nt an even match due to my circumstances.;) Also, I'm not trying to sit here and make up excuses to you mengs either. Just letting ya all know what the deal was.Hell, I ended up being up over 34 hours straight!! -I woke up today feeling like I have a major hang over...daym I'm still way tired, and I slept 9 hours! -----Anyway, fun matches Artifax and I expect a rematch soon!-LOL!:D

CRCError
04-18-2002, 05:21 PM
I would be happy to re-configure my dedicated server for any duels that anyone wishes to have.

IE - I would take it offline and password protect it and restrict access to only myself and the challengers.

After the challengers show up we can agree on location(s), weapons, force abilities and fraglimit.

Private message me or contact me on:

ICQ at 490429
AIM at CRCError1970
Yahoo at CRCError1970
MSN at CRCError1970@hotmail.com

Looking forward to seeing a few great battles!

CRCError

Spidey
04-18-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by S!TH!NAT0R
Hey all!:) -First off, let me say that Artifax was also a very good sport and a pleasure to go up against. Very well mannered/courteous gamer;) Very good JK][ gamer too and he seemed to conform to the SC code very honorably. Never attacked me when I was still or with my saber out. Oh wait!....yur ASC right Artifax? -Hmmm, I'm confused here-LOL!:P

Artifex has always maintained that he will repect the SC rules on a SC server. Also he was probably playing with SC rules so that you don't start making excuses like you lost because he was not following SC rules.

It's the SC people that want to start going to public servers and start kick voting people because they can't have their way.

ASC people just want to play the game as intended by the server. You don't like guns --> go to saber only. You don't like Grip --> go to Force disabled or servers with lower force levels.

Now you tell me what's more honorable.

S!TH!NAT0R
04-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Also he was probably playing with SC rules so that you don't start making excuses like you lost because he was not following SC rules.
.......I was being sarcastic idiot. Besides, I think those things are common courtesy on a duel server anyway! So, I think Arti plays that way in general when it comes to duel servers. As far as the bowing crap, I dont care about that. Anyway, as I recently stated in another thread I made.....I belong to no code now. This debate/argument has become so damn childish over a few simple ideas that have become blown way out of proportion! I'm so sick of it! I am 30 years old and have a real life with real-life issues to worry about! I just want to play the game and relieve some stress while dealing with as few a$$h0l3$ and immature-kiddies that try to ruin your game as much as possible.
Just wanna have fun without those trying to ruin it for me...plain&simple. ;) :D

Lord Slart
04-18-2002, 06:02 PM
I agree about the kick voting thing. Noone should kick someone for not following the rules they hold to themselves. But I don't think many people that agree with most of the SC rules agree with that one. If you read the original post most people say this. Don't brand all the people that may use the SC tag with these rules.

The JDG was much more what the main group of people believed in. I would never vote kick someone for not playing by someone elses rules unless it was a dedicated server to those rules and it was clearly stated on the server list.

Rant over now sorry.

Edit: I agree with S!TH!NATOR about his last post too. Give it a rest with the b!tch!ng. Please just play how you want.

Darth Sun
04-18-2002, 07:54 PM
You can say that again Lord Slart :D

Darth Sun -SC- (for now... still believes in code however)
Ichimoto Factory (http://pwp.netcabo.pt/dark-sun)

[QGA]Vertigo
04-18-2002, 08:15 PM
Hmm... I'd like to take on either of you guys..

I live in Belgium, have a cable modem, and my ICQ # is 91159613 :)

Bring it :cool:

tomservo51
04-19-2002, 12:15 AM
I would like to challange anyone! I have a 14.4 modem and live in afghanastan. ICQ #m__"V_a_

S!TH!NAT0R
04-19-2002, 12:30 AM
LOL! -Somebody needs to lay off the bad-crack!:eek: :rolleyes: :p

Soul-Burn
04-19-2002, 01:51 AM
That already changed.. it's written in some page 4/5 in the SC code thread.

ArtifeX
04-19-2002, 08:57 AM
That already changed.. it's written in some page 4/5 in the SC code thread.

again...link please.

[QGA]Vertigo
04-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Hey, I was being serious :P

ArtifeX
04-19-2002, 01:52 PM
Anyone interested in this thread will likely be interested in this as well:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=477839#post477839