PDA

View Full Version : Custom player model . Twi Lek

spacermonkey
04-17-2002, 10:03 PM
http://spacemonkey.8m.net/photo.html

Heres the link to view some picks, scroll down the page till you see him dressed in black as that is tha latest pics.:band:

Master6
04-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Cool, for some reason that looks likes claymation to me. :)

CheshireKat
04-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Monkey!

Happy to see you over here. Model is looking alot better. You got any better renders of his head? Maybe a 3/4 close up.

Body is 100% better already.

Pol Favre
04-17-2002, 10:49 PM
dude, those rock!
they look like claymation, or cel-shaded. they rock!

and i dunno if you were gonna leave them blocked off like that, but if not, DO!

Tems
04-17-2002, 11:28 PM
claymation = brazil rendering system. gotta love it.

good work. you thinking of animating that?

-Tems

spacermonkey
04-18-2002, 12:11 AM
hey cheshire,
thanks guys, and yes they are brazil renders, a currently free plugin for 3dsmax. I'm hoping to find out some more about the segmentation/ requirements that it will take to get this guy into Jedi outcast. Quake 3 required the model to be split into 3 parts and the use of appropraite tags but I imagine its going to be even more complex to get a model into this game. Will get some close ups soon, and also start mapping him.
Hopefully I'll get some skinners interested in him too since his hood/skirt/sash's/necklace, can all be alpha'd out so that they wont appear in game. So relativily speaking there sould be several skins for him that all looked very different. I intended on painting him up as I imagine a powerful servant of blacksun to look like.

ShodiKGian
04-18-2002, 01:17 AM
I'm so glad you're working on a Twi Lek :)
I may work on a Twi Lek female model at some point, but not right now. :)

spacermonkey
04-18-2002, 08:27 PM
I've now started work on Aurra Sing :jawa

LD1984
04-21-2002, 12:11 PM
SpaceMonkey! I had always seen you around polycount, yet I didn't know what you did. You're very talented!

I'm starting on a Mon Kalimari model. Maybe we can have a battle!

*EDIT*
Actually, Spartan made a great Mon Calimari model awhile back. I'll do something different.