PDA

View Full Version : What are the tools?

sights0d
04-18-2002, 06:21 PM
I keeping hearing about radiant and sof and sdk and a whole bunch of other tools, but I don't know what they are.

I also keep hearing that Raven is going to release tools, and if so:
1. When?
2. Where?
3. Is there a tutorial?
4. What are these other tools that have been released?
5. Which tools are used for what?

Could someone explain this to me? I'm no newbie to games, but I am a newbie to editing, and this would be a real help to me. Thanks.

JCronic
04-18-2002, 08:47 PM
1. Soon, thats all Raven will say.
2. On the internet
3. Raven probably wont make a tutorial but somebody out there might write one for it.
SDK = Software Develpment Kit
It allows you to be able to edit the game in a farely big way like importing your own Character models into the game, adding your own Multiplayer modes of play instead of CTF, DM, TDM, etc....

Radiant = a Map editor.
There are alot of different Radiants. QRadiant makes Quake 3 maps, SOFRadiant makes maps for Soldier Of Fortune, MOHRadiant makes maps for Medal Of Honor. All Radiant pretty much make maps for games that use the Quake 3 engine.
5. Radiant makes maps, and the other tools.... well we'll find out when Raven releases them.

sights0d
04-19-2002, 05:21 PM
What program will allow you to create models... and how difficult is it to creat a model?

Tems
04-19-2002, 05:28 PM
i use Milkshape3d cuz its 20USD and i spent all my money on adobe photoshop (which i use to make skins and textures).

other people use 3d Studio Max (which is way expensive) or gmax (which is free but i couldnt ever get it working on my computer)

-Tems

[edit: i didnt really spend ALL my money on photoshop. im just cheap. the truth was going to come out sooner or later)]

sights0d
04-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Can someone tell me why it says I'm bantha fodder above my name? Is it because I don't post enough?

Tems
04-19-2002, 05:36 PM
yes. when you read 50 posts it will change. then again at 100, 150 and so on.

-Tems